WipEout HD/Fury

• Thread starter Havok_
  • 849 comments
I'm having problems installing this on my new PS3, I've downloaded the HD and Fury pack, and the full game unlock, but when I go to install, it doesn't. It gives me a screen saying "This data can also be installed on a PSP..." etc etc.

I DON'T WANT TO INSTALL IT ON A PSP DAMN IT. :lol: Y U NO INSTALL?

Finishing off the last few Zone Battle races for WipEoutZone's Omnium tourney. After coming first on only one race throughout the entire event, and missing out on two rounds, I think it's safe to say that I'm not gonna win :P

Finishing off the last few Zone Battle races for WipEoutZone's Omnium tourney. After coming first on only one race throughout the entire event, and missing out on two rounds, I think it's safe to say that I'm not gonna win :P

Zone Battle is really really hard. :lol: I never play it, as I never even stand the remotest chance of winning. :P

Zone Battle is really really hard. :lol: I never play it, as I never even stand the remotest chance of winning. :P
For me I'd rather do Zone Battle than Detonator - whilst it is great fun the scores needed are very high at the upper levels and the reload speed for a fifteen shot clip seems to take way too long :)

Zone Battle plays okay if you get ahead and zone boost as frequently as you can - leastways that has always worked for me.

I look as if I am in the bronze finals being 12 points adrift of the Silver finalist, that being said, I am very happy with my performance in the tournament. Looking forward to the finals. 👍

I'm about to host a room online now, look for UB3R-BR3NDAGE. 👍

I will say this about WipEout HD/Fury... the Eliminator format is great! In one session around Anulpha Pass, I eliminated 11 ships and died only once. I set the target from the minimum 200 to 400. There is a Trophy where you have to score 18 eliminations in a race. I may extend the target to a greater number to try to reach that magical 18 goal. Someone perfectly hit me with a Plasma Bolt and knocked me out. Anyone who has played a WipEout game knows that all it takes to knock you out is one well-timed Plasma Bolt hit. I was even trying to get the Trophy for landing a hit for all of your cannon rounds. It's so tough to do at full speed. I'm a WipEout veteran. I don't think I've EVER landed every hit on one ship since the Proton Cannon debuted in WipEout Fusion.

With all of the tracks in WipEout HD/Fury, I think a few sort of staples aren't really present in this game. Some WipEouts have had tracks under rainy weather. Some of the tracks that had rain or storms were usually some of the tougher tracks. WipEout XL/2097 had that one French course that was under wet conditions. Wip3out had two wet courses- one was fun while another was a bit tougher. Fusion had that jungle course in Mexico that was rainy. So I am a bit surprised to not see a single rainy track in HD/Fury.

Probably the higher graphical/physics demands causing limitations with what else can be done.

The trophies such as hitting five different targets with one clip are what I meant by the level of focus the devs expect from players - a bit like that Vettel challenge on GT5 for me...not a chance therefore :sly:

Can someone tell me how to unlock all the liveries? I have about 12.000 loyalty points, but there are still some locked liveries.

I think some are earned during certain events - though I'm not absolutely sure of that. If you have done all of the races then ignore what I have just said :)

Can someone tell me how to unlock all the liveries? I have about 12.000 loyalty points, but there are still some locked liveries.
You also need to get a bronze medal in every cell in the HD Campaign in order to unlock the silver livery for each team, and then you should get the Livery Liberation trophy...

On YouTube, I came across a YouTube channel that offers some nice tutorials on WipEout HD/Fury. Here is an example video when I looked up advice for Zone Battle:

I may try some Zone Battle races just to get more experience. I may even attempt to try to get the Trophy for eliminating 18 opponents in any Eliminator race.

And this is tutorial how to wipeout, Although to wipeout like that no tutorial will ever be helpful enough :dopey:

Saw this, thought you guys might like to have a look at it:
Studio Liverpool veterans create new video games studio

DoublePlusGoodGames
A group of video game developers, famous for their work on Sony’s preeminent Wipeout series, haven’t let Sony’s surprise shutdown of Studio Liverpool keep them from doing what they do best.
In an announcement that hit BBC news on Friday we’ve learned that four former employees of the company once known as Psygnosis have gone on to form their newest studio, Sawfly Studios. Additionally, in the eight months they’ve been away from Sony, they’ve been actively working on a new game that will be available this year.

“The closure of the studio came as a bit of a shock” said Sawfly’s managing director Mike Humphrey who expressed concern with how the artists had to spend the last few months creating their portfolios at the same time they were looking for work. He went on to say that “We want to grow our studio over the coming years and to take on experienced, talented people – and the workers at Liverpool Studio were exactly that”. While Sawfly won’t be able to take 100 people on in the near future, it’s good to know they’ve remembered the people who made them so successful since starting out in 1984.
Much like the team at Leeds, we were also blindsided by the closure of the Studio Liverpool and expressed great concern of how the loss of this team would impact the landscape of game development. Their resume stretches back before the Commodore 64 and included games such as Barbarian, Shadow of the Beast, Wipeout, Destruction Derby, G-Police, Colony Wars and published legendary games like Alundra and Lemmings series. Double Plus Good Games has been avid fans of both Psygnosis and Studio Liverpool and are supremely thankful for the thousands of hours of gaming they have provided us for almost three decades.

Seen the article before but regardless, I'm happy the devs have found their feet. Shocking from Sony.

Oh man, I'm hoping whatever they release is basically Wipeout with a different name. It's a shame they won't be able to keep the established team names though.

I forgot they made G-Police, I loved those games. I wonder what they could've done with that name using modern hardware.

Edit: And Colony Wars!

I've made the switch to Assegai, 700+ hours in the Feisar had to end eventually!

Oh man, I'm hoping whatever they release is basically Wipeout with a different name...
In another article I read, they mentioned they have a game almost ready for launch in the next few months. Typically, I can't find the article but I will continue to look.

EDIT: it was the BBC article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21177604 which the other article mentioned.

Sawfly Studios told the BBC it planned to release its first game - targeted at smartphones and tablets - within the next couple of months

So don't panic when you see it appear, they gave the impression that this was just to get some working capital to continue with the other games they are working on.

Last edited:
Oh man, I'm hoping whatever they release is basically Wipeout with a different name. It's a shame they won't be able to keep the established team names though.

I forgot they made G-Police, I loved those games. I wonder what they could've done with that name using modern hardware.

Edit: And Colony Wars!
And Rollcage which imho is even better than Wipeout. If they go for a Rollcage style game with modern hardware they'll drop the bomb. The upside down driving on the "parabolic walls", the totally insane speed and the incredible fun factor where like dope for me back in the days.

I've made the switch to Assegai, 700+ hours in the Feisar had to end eventually!

I've always felt that Assegai was superior to Feisar. I recently went back to Assegai since I'd taken a long break from the game tho I generally pilot EG-X.

Assequai was Equal to Pirahna in wip3out, Feisar was always basic ship. Slowest, probably best for starters and never had like another ship to be compared. Like Qirex = AG Systems

Feisar was/still is my weapon of choice for all of the hardest races... it just seems to have that perfect combination of speed, handling and toughness to survive the Elite difficulty races in Phantom class that other ships can't match.

Ifo someone wants to know the whole history of wipeout teams then here it is :)

Back