WMA International Touring Car Championship Season II

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 1,272 comments

Which points system should we use?

• 1: 40 per race, 20 pole position, 0 points second in qualifying

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Let's make sure the cars are balanced before we run this great series. I'm put my 2 cents in. Last season, front wheel drive cars had no chance unless we were at a street course.

FF cars will be aided by better tire wear this season, as well as lower cornering speeds (meaning that the cars will not be scrubbing the front tires off as quickly, as the race will come down to ensuring that the drivers stay on their lines, more than "attack, attack, attack, pit stop, attack, attack, attack."

The brakes will be used a bit more (same power, more weight, worse tire grip,) so the FFs, AWDs, and FRs should be generally better balanced (drivetrain doesn't affect braking much.) And, with slower cornering speeds, the chances of overcooking the corners is slightly lower. Yes, the cars are a bit trickier to drive, but, the skids won't be as long as Season I, meaning tire life should still improve.

I also found the specs from last season, I can't believe that the Audi S3/S4 weighed so much more than the Toyota 86GT etc., when it wasn't faster. That was an oversight on my part, caused by the specs arguing... I'm doing specs that will be final with the help of only those who are WMA Members of the Board, to ensure that the cars remain equal.

I am slightly concerned about having the two compounds being racing hards and sport softs. Shouldn't it be racing mediums an racing hards? I think that would make more sense.

I am slightly concerned about having the two compounds being racing hards and sport softs. Shouldn't it be racing mediums an racing hards? I think that would make more sense.

The sports softs and racing hards have less of a performance gap than racing hards and racing mediums, actually. They're incredibly similar, but, the Sports softs are like 7 to 8 tenths of a second slower.

The sports softs and racing hards have less of a performance gap than racing hards and racing mediums, actually. They're incredibly similar, but, the Sports softs are like 7 to 8 tenths of a second slower.

The performance doesn't make a difference to me, just having to use sports tires and racing tires in a race doesn't make sense to me.

The change of tire name makes the OCD kick in :P

If you could give a solid start time I could decide but I'm bored and want to race my Scirocco. I know some Saturday nights I am not working till 11pm so put me on reserves..

If you could give a solid start time I could decide but I'm bored and want to race my Scirocco. I know some Saturday nights I am not working till 11pm so put me on reserves..

Awh yea! Paul is here!

Sheesh, tbw, sakery, and now Paul?!

It's 4:30 eastern (or there abouts) so that's like 9 your time.

Well that could be too early for me then.. Most Saturdays I work to 8-11 ish. (Sometimes even on day shifts had a 11am-9pm shift once..)

Was sorta hoping it was closer to 10pm but 9:30 could be ok on a few Saturdays.

Well that could be too early for me then.. Most Saturdays I work to 8-11 ish. (Sometimes even on day shifts had a 11am-9pm shift once..)

Usually I would be disappointed, but I know you would kick butt, so I am not too upset! :sly:

Maybe I can win some money!

Meh I make enough money I just have a Pirtek Scirocco that I made for TOCA 4.2, before I knew they were full, I only spent 2 weeks tuning it, no big deal.. I moved to Mazda and still won the Indy title :P.

Was sorta hoping it was closer to 10pm but 9:30 could be ok on a few Saturdays.

The practice is around 4:30 my time, 9:30 your time. Quali 9:45, start at back at 10:00.

Well then that could work ok, still would miss a fair few rounds on 4-11pm shifts. But otherwise most 4-rush shifts I should make it.

Well then that could work ok, still would miss a fair few rounds on 4-11pm shifts. But otherwise most 4-rush shifts I should make it.

Okay, I wish you luck, and will add you to part-time/independents drivers list, if that's okay? Welcome aboard, Paul!

If racing is on Saturdays, I can't make the series. I'm only allowed one series on the weekends and I race in the JSTC series at 4pm PST. Some reason I thought this was ran on Wensdays.

Well, I'd like to know if more people would prefer Saturdays or Sundays?

Last season most people preferred Saturdays. So, is that the case for this season, too?

Well, I'd like to know if more people would prefer Saturdays or Sundays?

Last season most people preferred Saturdays. So, is that the case for this season, too?

I can do either day, really. So both work well for me.
Also, the test results are in and my ride for this season is... a 2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R!!

I can do either day, really. So both work well for me.
Also, the test results are in and my ride for this season is... a 2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R!!

Alright. Awaiting spec results, but, I promise it will be rather good.

right well im in again was fun last time
just hope my connection is better this season

Wired connection possible? And check your uPnP is open. For once, I'm the tech guy! :dopey: :scared: :crazy: :ouch:

Alright. Awaiting spec results, but, I promise it will be rather good.

Wired connection possible? And check your uPnP is open. For once, I'm the tech guy! :dopey: :scared: :crazy: :ouch:

I'd tell you the current exact specs, but I'm a bit nervous about giving away anything to the competition. I will say this, though: It's on the max. horsepower limit mentioned in this topic's first post and is 20-30kg over the minimum weight. So, as far as I know, it's legal.

I'd tell you the current exact specs, but I'm a bit nervous about giving away anything to the competition. I will say this, though: It's on the max. horsepower limit mentioned in this topic's first post and is 20-30kg over the minimum weight. So, as far as I know, it's legal.

That's the given starting specs, actually. 👍 Hopefully it's still okay.

Funny guy you think they are going to let me run a cable down the stairs? no im staying wireless
and upnp dont even get me started if you can tell me what it means then you can ask me about it

It was 240-250 HP at stock and about 200-350kg heavier than it is now.

Good, it should be fast.

Funny guy you think they are going to let me run a cable down the stairs? no im staying wireless
and upnp dont even get me started if you can tell me what it means then you can ask me about it

You need to open your uPnP. Do it! Then you can see Stormpacer, and you won't be the laughing stock of the internet without even having a clue about the events of that warm-up lap. :lol: "Dude, do you see Stormpacer?" "Who?" "I'll take that as a no."

I thought the idea was to make the 4wd/Rwds heavier than the FFs not to make the FFs heavy, Scirocco being FF ofc.

I thought the idea was to make the 4wd/Rwds heavier than the FFs not to make the FFs heavy, Scirocco being FF ofc.

Actually, surprisingly (I haven't tested FRs yet,) the FFs seem to be on pace with 4WDs as it already is. 4WDs will run about 1250 kg. I do plan on making a full car list, but the Scirocco sticks out as a tricky car, because it's way too fast on the straights; it might be restricted to 256 hp. :( And the MINI Cooper S '11 is too slow on the straights; it might get an HP boost.

Now testing these specs:

276 hp @ 1275 kg

Subaru Impreza WRX STi

276 @ 1250 kg

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X GSR P.P. '07

256 hp @ 1250 kg

Volkswagen Scirocco R '10

276 @ 1200

Everything else

Last edited:
Well yeah I know that, Mini can be desceptive though, as I proved in Toca. Furi said it was one of the slowest in straights when it was his crap gear settings doing that. Then I show it to be fastest, around a lap, and very fast in straights. I put it on pole in the race at Cape ring and had it pretty easy besides dirty punts came back 2nd 3rd and 1st. I monstered some cars on straights so much they couldn't gain in draft :lol:. I ended that little one off race in the lead by 12 points.

Obvoiusly that one is much lighter than the other cars but is still 10 bhp down. So it could be faster than you think ;).

That one had about .4 or so in hand over the second fastest car btw. (1:18.3/4 vs 1:18.7)

Edit: Also doubt the VW will need that much power loss sure it's faster in straights than most but a nearly 20bhp decrease is too much.

Well yeah I know that, Mini can be desceptive though, as I proved in Toca. Furi said it was one of the slowest in straights when it was his crap gear settings doing that. Then I show it to be fastest, around a lap, and very fast in straights, put it on pole and at the end of the one off round out of my test driver role in the lead by 12 points :P.

Obvoiusly that one is much lighter than the other cars but is still 10 bhp down. So it could be faster than you think ;).

So, I've recently just become a Rolex series organizer, and need your help with specs. :lol: polar, you knew it was coming. I need you to run the MINI for what it's actually worth, then, Paul. Might you be there today?

No work today, car broken.. But will be taking part in a PURE GATE race while I have the chance ends at 9-9:30pm ish. So yeah I could show up today for some testing.

Also on Minis the fastest is simply the DLC '11 one I found the '07 makes less bhp maxed out and less torque.

No work today, car broken.. But will be taking part in a PURE GATE race while I have the chance ends at 9-9:30pm ish. So yeah I could show up today for some testing.

Also on Minis the fastest is simply the DLC '11 one I found the '07 makes less bhp maxed out and less torque.

Should the PURE GATE race end on time, I'd be happy to see you at the time mentioned below.

Depending on the time, I may bring one of the cars we discussed, Mel.

4:30 PM today! How's that sound?

Everyone! 4:30 PM today, Eastern Time! That's Eastern Time in North America, meaning 9:30 PM in Britain, 22:30 in Germany and it's the same time as last year, Dave.

We're having a test, today. Bring whichever car you want, I want to see how these cars run in group racing. :)

Edit: Remember, ITCC_Division_1 lounge!!:)

Last edited:
Back