Premium
HaylRayzor
World Classic Car Tuning Challenge

chartq.gif

classiccarspreadsheet.gif

graphm.gif

wccc.jpg

The Challenge:

Tune a classic (pre-1977) car for the Eiger Nordwand Short course.

The Rules:

These rules are intended to give the most authentic classic car look and feel, while giving the tuners as much room to tune as possible.

Production Street Car - No Race, Rally, Tuner, or Concept cars.
Years – 1976 and earlier
Performance Points - 386PP
Tires - Comfort Soft
Power Limiter - 5% Maximum
Ballast - 25kg Maximum (Be careful with weight reduction!) *For cars under 900kg ballast may be added to increase weight to 900kg max, but if over 25kg it must position so the original balance doesn't change more than 2%. So 60/40 can be 58/42.*
Drivetrain Upgrades - None (authentic driving experience)
Transmission – Close Ratio is allowed. Adjustable is allowed but only the final ratio may be changed. Individual gears and top speed adjustment must not be changed. If you're unsure do a reset, then adjust the final.
Exhaust - Stock or Sport (keep that titanium off my classic car!)
Intake - Any
Engine Upgrades - Any
Turbo/Supercharger - Any
Weight Reduction - Allowed
Chassis Reinforcement - Allowed
Aero – None (authentic appearance)
Wheels - Stock (authentic appearance)
Ride Height - No lower than -10 (authentic appearance)
Mode - Offline Practice
Tire Wear - No
Aids - Only ABS
Cars must have their oil changed and be broken in.
Cars with over 50,000 miles must have their engines rebuilt.
No Lotus Europa and no Lancia Stratos (they don’t qualify anyway but don’t try to sneak them in by wearing out the engines.)
1 car/tune per tuner.
10 Tuners Maximum.

You will notice that it won’t be possible to tune muscle cars down to 380PP using these rules. If there is enough interest I’ll host a Classic Muscle Car Challenge when this one is over.

The Track:

Eiger Nordwand Short Track

The Deadlines:

Tunes must be posted and shared no later than 8/5

Test results must be posted no later than 8/12.

No tester results will count unless he/she has posted results for all tunes.

Scoring:

Best Lap Time combined with Tester Drivability Rating.
Low score wins. 1 point for fastest time by a tester, down to 10 points for slowest time.

Tuner Rules:

Your full tune must be posted here, or a link to your full tune.
No changes are allowed after your tune is posted.
Tuners must host their car on share.
Tuners must FR all testers. If a tuner does not FR all testers that tuner may be disqualified.

Tester Rules:

Testers should be comfortable on comforts. :lol: If you normally drive on race soft tires you may not be able to fairly evaluate cars on comfort tires.

Testers must have enough free slots in their friend list for all the tuners.

Cars must be driven as-is, including brake balance.

Testers must complete enough laps to be sure they got a good lap with each car. At 15 minutes per car minimum by the time you are done, be prepared to invest around 3 hours of time testing.

No e-brake turns.

Testers will post all their results in one post so I can link to the results in the op. You don't have to post all results at the same time but if when you add results just edit your results post.

Testers will post their best lap time for each car and then rate the car’s drivability on a scale of 1-5. 1 being perfect. 5 being undrivable, literally impossible to complete a lap. Be realistic. Be careful about giving 1 or 5 unless the car truly deserves it.

Tuners:
1 - NEWDRIVER2 - Skyline 2000GT-R
2 - MrMelancholy15 - Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R
3 - Theo777/zigatan - Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale
4 - krenkme - Samba Bus
5 - acsr421 - Nissan 240ZG
6 - XDesperado67 - Mazda Cosmo
7 - DigitalBaka - 2002 Turbo
8 - trackripper123/Ziz528 - Isuzu 117
9 - MrGrado - VW Karmann Ghia Hosted by HaylRayzor
10 - Jackthalad - Replaced by Special Guest

Testers:
HaylRayzor
GranTurismo916/atongo619
Gamerdog6482 - Withdrawn
frenzal/eddie_blackadder
macdog54
NEWDRIVER2/OTS_NEWDRIVER2
XDesperado67

Last edited:
Ooooo, Eiger...I'll drive. :D Haven't played much with anything from the older set of cars in GT5; this is as good an excuse as any. 👍

Some nice cars for this nice track. Hard choice too. If i could participate i would test first :
NissanSKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73
IsuzuBellett 1600 GT-R '69
BMW2002 Turbo '73
CELICA 1600GT (TA22) '70
And a few more :):).
Gone be a very good shootout for sure.

Good luck to everybody.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I remember the BMW was a handful on Monaco back in krenkme's shootout but fairly fast apart from the Camaros. Eiger has a somewhat similar feel to me and with more room and less power it might do well. Hoping we'll see at least one in the mix, assuming it fits the regs.

I remember the BMW was a handful on Monaco back in krenkme's shootout but fairly fast apart from the Camaros. Eiger has a somewhat similar feel to me and with more room and less power it might do well. Hoping we'll see at least one in the mix, assuming it fits the regs.

To tell a secret I originally set the PP to 380 but when I found the Bimmer wouldn't tune below 383PP I bumped it to 385. It would just be a shame if it wasn't included. ;)

What about fairlady or toyota 2000 i think. Its also had a good hp but you need to be carefull for your upgrade .

DigitalBaka

Ya, we had two entered, and they finished mid pack (if I remember right ). Good, fun car, a little on the psychotic side at times, but still fun :dopey:

What about fairlady or toyota 2000 i think. Its also had a good hp but you need to be carefull for your upgrade .

The 2000GT finished well in the Nurburgring 400PP shootout on C3s so it should remain as good here.

It's alot different at 385PP. :)

I'm gonna poke one with a stick and see what I can do with it tomorrow. If it seems promising that I can get it reasonable I might enter it myself. :P I wanted to use it for the Monaco event but I just couldn't get it to put the axe down and be calm. :lol:

The 2000GT finished well in the Nurburgring 400PP shootout on C3s so it should remain as good here.

The 2000GT was among the cars I tested preparing for this challenge. It felt a bit sluggish to me and posted laps a second slower than my best. Perhaps I simply lack the tuning skill required. :lol: I would certainly look forward to trying one out if somebody finds a good combination.

On another note, it's disappointing that the PP system is broken for ultra-light cars. The G4, Sports 800, and S800 would be great but they suffer from the PP system. I've been trying to come up with a way to even things up because it's a shame those little cars are left out.

The 2000GT was among the cars I tested preparing for this challenge. It felt a bit sluggish to me and posted laps a second slower than my best. Perhaps I simply lack the tuning skill required. :lol: I would certainly look forward to trying one out if somebody finds a good combination.

On another note, it's disappointing that the PP system is broken for ultra-light cars. The G4, Sports 800, and S800 would be great but they suffer from the PP system. I've been trying to come up with a way to even things up because it's a shame those little cars are left out.

I might give the 2000GT a shot, already have an existing tune in my garage so...

And maybe let them add more weight? Or would that defeat the point of them being lightweights... Let them tune to 400PP or something?

Put me down for tuner.

A couple questions about the rules
1. no drivetrain mods so no lsd ?
2. is weight reduction allowed ?

If it seems promising that I can get it reasonable I might enter it myself. :P

I might give the 2000GT a shot,

Might and Might... :scared:

Is you is, or is you ain't? The tuner list is filling... :nervous:

Put me down for tuner.

A couple questions about the rules
1. no drivetrain mods so no lsd ?
2. is weight reduction allowed ?

No LSD. We're rocking it Old School. :D
Weight reduction is allowed but take care, as you can't replace it if you take off too much.

I tried the Lotus Elan S1 at 385 and found that it was badly off pace. Then I put in 200kg at position 0 and turned up the power to 385 and instantly 2 seconds faster. The car was also very loose after adding the weight, but still way faster. The game simply doesn't represent ultra light cars well.

I think I have no choice but to let the lighter cars add more weight. Revising the rules now...

Last edited:
Okay I'm a sucker for the classics so please put me down as a tuner if there is space left.:crazy:

s2k2k3
Might and Might... :scared:

Is you is, or is you ain't? The tuner list is filling...

:lol: I will have decided tomorrow. I have Tuesday off and will mess with a Bimmer before I finish the 86 testing.

For the lightweight issue, perhaps let cars under a certain weight add slightly more ballast up to a certain weight or percent?

Okay I'm a sucker for the classics so please put me down as a tuner if there is space left.:crazy:

I had a feeling... :lol:

:lol: I will have decided tomorrow. I have Tuesday off and will mess with a Bimmer before I finish the 86 testing.

For the lightweight issue, perhaps let cars under a certain weight add slightly more ballast up to a certain weight or percent?

I'll pencil you and tracktripper in. You may withdraw without penalty. ;)

I think, if nothing else, that my tuning garage (Winter Stars) will do okay here, just purely by car selection. But, that's all of the info you get.

Me too if there is still a place.

Haha, I guess you didn't notice Winter Stars is in this, too? Or, shall we see which of us is the better tuner? :lol: I remember that you wished me luck and joined to tune with Winter Stars.

Anyways, let's not get too serious here. :) If we do a good job, maybe we can get first and second. :lol:

That's it for tuners, unless tracktripper or desperado pull out.

Now let's get some testers to drive these little beasties. :D

Hi S2k2 iam just asking whats your normel time in this track by your small peast ???

I have run several cars in the 1:21.xxx range. Some cars are in the 1:22s. I can see how a 1:20 would be possible with a good tune and a great lap. That's me. Some drivers may be able to push lower.

s2k2k3
I have run several cars in the 1:21.xxx range. Some cars are in the 1:22s. I can see how a 1:20 would be possible with a good tune and a great lap. That's me. Some drivers may be able to push lower.

From my poor drive and poor tune 1:22:890 fasts and lowest is 1:23:189 .

From my poor drive and poor tune 1:22:890 fasts and lowest is 1:23:189 .

Take it easy on the control inputs. Smooth is fast. Brake earlier and make sure you are hitting the apex. Keep your eyes up, focus on where you're going next, not where you are. When you are on the straight, look at the next apex. When you are turning in, be looking at the exit.

Back