World Classic Car Challenge - Results Posted

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 422 comments
krenkme
I've had my tuning garage open for about a year, and I've been tuning in GT from the beginning. I still learn something from every shootout/challenge. It's very helpful :dopey:

Sadly I missed entry into this one, and I love the classics :grumpy:

Say, I feel bad about you not getting in, so... a collaboration tune? Only if it's allowed of course. :P

trackripper123
Say, I feel bad about you not getting in, so... a collaboration tune? Only if it's allowed of course. :P

If you want to, and if it's aloud ...sure, why not. Thanks :dopey:

Has anyone considered a rule against posting lap times, and build/tuning specifics?

There is no rule against posting any information you want. But there is also no rule that you have to post anything until you're ready to post your full tune. If you've found something you think nobody else has, then keep that little nugget under wraps.

A bunch of weight just dumped on it makes things much worse!:lol::crazy::lol:

The same I found. Speed is improved but handling goes down the drain.

If you want to, and if it's aloud ...sure, why not. Thanks :dopey:

I'll say it aloud, of course it's allowed! :lol:

This is all for fun. That's why they call it a game. ;)

Last edited:
Erm…I think there's one slight flaw with that…you have the torque, but can your tyres use it? :P

Alright, I'll leave now. :lol:

Onboy123
Erm…I think there's one slight flaw with that…you have the torque, but can your tyres use it? :P

Alright, I'll leave now. :lol:

It's 5 tenths of a sec faster than anything I've tested so far, 3-4mph faster at the end of every straight...

Pity since I don't want to use it. :(

What's your quickest lap so far with the bimmer s2k2k3?

I haven't spent any time dialing in any of the cars. Just a quick tune and a few laps with each.

Just trying to give myself a baseline when I start testing the real tunes.

The Bimmer was 1:21.5 Other cars were in the 21s also. And I haven't run a couple of the cars I think will be contenders yet.

I haven't tried the bimmer yet, would love to but haven't got one in my garage (hint,hint).

I have one car that I got a couple of 1:21.5's in, but that was me pushing my driving to the limits, I think.

@trackripper, you will get there. I was running in the 23's but somehow managed to get a 21, don't know how.

Only tip I can give you is try to find the best driving line and be smooth.

How are you guys finding a whole 2 secs?

Do not attack the hairpins. Brake early. Aim for the apex as early as you can. Let the car rotate while you carry as much speed as you can without washing out. Don't get back on the gas until you are almost pointed onto the next straight.

Fast in the hairpins feels slow.

This I learned trying to gold the M3 at Eiger in prologue.

There is also alot of time to be lost going through the bends on the uphill. Try to go through there without lifting but without the rear sliding. It takes practice.

I haven't tried the bimmer yet, would love to but haven't got one in my garage (hint,hint).

Hint taken. I have 4 so I can spare one.

Last edited:
Having fun with my BavMo, as I shall now call it. Was getting irked trying to get it though T1 but I apparently found a magic tweak that helped to the tune of a second and a half by the end of the lap....or I just got used to it. :lol:

If anyone needs a car or two most of my garage is 0/0/0. May not have a lot of classics (been stocking up from the UCD when I can) but anyone is welcome to ask. 👍

@MrMeloncholy: Competitive though we may be we are all good friends so we share quite a lot. Feel free to use our banter as a benchmark for your secret weapon. :lol: Whether you decide to share or not is up to you. Either way welcome and best of luck! Can't wait to see what you can come up with.

Stop driving the Subaru 360 :P

:lol: One of you jokers is gonna try to enter a 2CV....I can feel it. :odd:

trackripper123
:lol: How did you know? :P

Because I'm in the middle of writing a "review" of yours and it's fun....but maybe not the best choice for this challenge :P

Maybe try an Isuzu? :lol:

Stupid driving is holding me back. My fastest so far is 1.23.2xx. :(

How are you guys finding a whole 2 secs?
Clean living!:D:crazy::lol:
Like s2k said its about being smooth and not letting the tail end come out and play.
The first pair of hair pins you can afford to have a little slidey fun with and not mess up your lap times, but the last pair are critical and if you don't get that right hander in proper position your not going to be able to nail the exit onto the bottom stretch which can easily cost you over a second. Finding the line around the sweepers that lead into the uphill section and the one at the top leading to the start/finish is also key and if your tail is coming out your losing time.
I'm not a great driver but this track is one of my favorites and I do slightly better on it than elsewhere. If your looking for practice do the Grand Tour as golding the race on this track helped improve my driving a lot.

@krenkme the Isuzu's aren't bad...

Just tried the BMW and at least for me its running about 5th or 6th fastest.:odd:

By the way if anyone wants a Triumph Spitfire let me know as I have a whole bunch of them and need to free up some space in the garage. (all have under 5,000miles)
This was the car I wanted to use but its low weight left it with not quite enough power to really compete with the top dogs here.:(

Just tried the BMW and at least for me its running about 5th or 6th fastest.:odd:

By the way if anyone wants a Triumph Spitfire let me know as I have a whole bunch of them and need to free up some space in the garage. (all have under 5,000miles)
This was the car I wanted to use but its low weight left it with not quite enough power to really compete with the top dogs here.:(

...Right. I don't have all the cars that are competitive in my garage then. Either that or my driving skills are so appalling they're skewing results. :lol:

I thought that's what you were going for originally, the weight figure did give it away rather. :P

...Right. I don't have all the cars that are competitive in my garage then. Either that or my driving skills are so appalling they're skewing results. :lol:

I thought that's what you were going for originally, the weight figure did give it away rather. :P
Love the car, but with a pretty good tune on it only getting into the high 1:22s mainly because it just doesn't have enough speed in the faster sections. Bringing the weight up to 900kg gives it the power and speed to keep up but because you can't position all that extra weight the handling becomes horrible.:( Despite being a FR its weight distribution and handling are like an MR similar to the BMW except with slightly more of a rear bias. 25kg is enough to get it to a 50/50 weight distribution and make for pretty great handling if you don't get overly aggressive.

Love the car, but with a pretty good tune on it only getting into the high 1:22s mainly because it just doesn't have enough speed in the faster sections. Bringing the weight up to 900kg gives it the power and speed to keep up but because you can't position all that extra weight the handling becomes horrible.:( Despite being a FR its weight distribution and handling are like an MR similar to the BMW except with slightly more of a rear bias. 25kg is enough to get it to a 50/50 weight distribution and make for pretty great handling if you don't get overly aggressive.

I know what you mean, I wanted to enter the Toyota Sports 800, but even with full ballast it's too light to be competitive. Pity that, wish the ballast limit was something like 900kg, that would make the cars in the 700-800kg range competitive.

I know what you mean, I wanted to enter the Toyota Sports 800, but even with full ballast it's too light to be competitive. Pity that, wish the ballast limit was something like 900kg, that would make the cars in the 700-800kg range competitive.

OK fine. The rule is 900kg. For cars under 900kg you can add enough ballast to make it 900. And you can move the ballast back and forth enough to change the balance 2% from stock. So if your car is originally 60/40 you can make it 58/42. But if I let you move it more than that you wind up with 50/50 cars and that violates the spirit of this challenge.

I will take one please mate, your lowest mile one as well if you don't mind :lol:

Cheers 👍

s2k said I could try raising weight to 900kg but had to keep the ballast at position 0...:odd:

Toyota Sports 800: 386PP 200KG ballast position 0 car weighs 780kg 55/45 weight distribution. 125hp 110ft-lb torque. Used stock transmission as the close ratio hits the rev limiter. Best lap 1:25.774. Car handles wonderfully just has slow acceleration and low top speed running around 10mph slower heading into both turn 1 and the final sweeper at the top of the hill and a good 5mph slower across the bottom section.

OK fine. The rule is 900kg. For cars under 900kg you can add enough ballast to make it 900. And you can move the ballast back and forth enough to change the balance 2% from stock. So if your car is originally 60/40 you can make it 58/42. But if I let you move it more than that you wind up with 50/50 cars and that violates the spirit of this challenge.

Are you sure you're ok with this? Don't change something just because I said "it would be better". :lol:

Back