World Classic Car Challenge - Results Posted

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 422 comments
Are you sure you're ok with this? Don't change something just because I said "it would be better". :lol:
Giving away my supercar here but luckily it has 50/50 weight distribution stock. Good HP and torque makes it very fast as well. Haven't tried an customizable transmission yet so it just barely shifts into 5th gear meaning I might be able to get a little more acceleration out of it...:D:bowdown::gtpflag:

Guessing that even giving the Triumph the extra power and keeping its handling intact it still won't manage better than 3rd or 4th fastest but should be much more competitive.👍👍

Are you sure you're ok with this? Don't change something just because I said "it would be better". :lol:

I told desperado he could try it out at position 0 but said it was junk. Since that matches my own experience I didn't figure it was worth pursuing, but if you want to give it a shot go ahead.

I don't think moving it 2% will make a big difference but at least you don't lose the small adjustment that the 25kg rule allows.

But I don't want to reverse the situation where the light cars get an unfair advantage. I'm just trying to equal things out so people can use the car they like.

I like the Bellett but it just isn't fast enough. There is a mysterious bog in the engine as you come off the corner, right when you get your wheels straight. The revs drop for a second. :crazy:

I like the Bellett but it just isn't fast enough. There is a mysterious bog in the engine as you come off the corner, right when you get your wheels straight. The revs drop for a second. :crazy:

Maybe they replicated worn u-joints and old diff grease? :lol:

Always do in GT5.
Fire away everyone! If anyone is done this early (or just wants to see how they are coming along) I can start in about two hours.

Last edited:
Always do in GT5.
Fire away everyone! If anyone is sone this early (or just wants to see how they are coming along) I can start in about two hours.
May have my tune posted and the car shared in a couple hours...or maybe not...depends on how I'm feeling and how the car is responding...:ill::drool:

I thought that it would be an advantage to see how other driving styles handle the car even before the tune is done. A perfect tune by a gentle tuner isn't going to be very good in the hands of an aggressive tester like myself.

I got the Fairlady Z and a Lancer both at 21.5's. XDesperado did you test these two?
Muchos Gracias for the Triumph too 👍 :D

I got the Fairlady Z and a Lancer both at 21.5's. XDesperado did you test these two?
Muchos Gracias for the Triumph too 👍 :D
Tested the 240ZG didn't test the Lancer. The 240ZG was pretty good right in the pack of cars I was getting low to mid 1:22s with. It may just be me and my driving style but the car I'm getting ready to release the tune for just blew all others away. Only competition is its own siblings. After them the Toyota 2000GT was the only other car I could get into the 1:21s with. Then it was cars like the Fairlady 2000, 117Coupé, Giulia Sprint Special, BMW 2002 and a few others I'm sure that were all running low to mid 1:22s. By the way that list isn't in order of their times for me its just a random selection of cars I tested that all had similar times and weren't obviously out of their class like the poor Toyota Sports 800 is. Depending on tune the driving styles of test drivers and a bit of luck there are probably several cars that can contend for top honors though I think I've got the best one selected already and a 1:20.743 lap to back it up.:cheers::bowdown::gtpflag:

XDesperado67
Tested the 240ZG didn't test the Lancer. The 240ZG was pretty good right in the pack of cars I was getting low to mid 1:22s with. It may just be me and my driving style but the car I'm getting ready to release the tune for just blew all others away. Only competition is its own siblings. After them the Toyota 2000GT was the only other car I could get into the 1:21s with. Then it was cars like the Fairlady 2000, 117Coupé, Giulia Sprint Special, BMW 2002 and a few others I'm sure that were all running low to mid 1:22s. By the way that list isn't in order of their times for me its just a random selection of cars I tested that all had similar times and weren't obviously out of their class like the poor Toyota Sports 800 is. Depending on tune the driving styles of test drivers and a bit of luck there are probably several cars that can contend for top honors though I think I've got the best one selected already and a 1:20.743 lap to back it up.:cheers::bowdown::gtpflag:

Wow good job you found the secret of your car to tune like that to give this time . Mate you almost faster than me 1sec my time 1:21:750 by my poor driving .

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67, "FireStar"
So hot on the heels of his Toyota 86 Shootout HalRayzor, the artist formerly known as s2k2k3 announced a new event. This time it was for fairly low powered Classic cars, pre 1976 running comfort soft tires, stock drivetrains, limited transmission options and some minor restriction on ride height, with the Eiger Nordwand short tarmac track as the test venue. Well Ol'Harvey Wallbanger here loves classic cars and is a fan of the track so it wasn't long before he started rummaging through the depths of his garage looking for the perfect car. Due to issues with the original Shootout rules regarding the use of ballast his first choice for this lacked power. The next few cars he thought of proved to be to much car for the regulations or have serious issues that the rules made it nearly impossible to correct. Then he recalled tuning a real classic oddball some time back that had great performance and surprisingly few handling quirks. Now 1967 was a great year for the automotive world what with the Wallbanger entering it a pair of racing goggles clutched in one tiny hand and a monkey wrench in the other, not to mention some truely incredible cars like the Ford MKIV, Chapparelle 2D, Lamborghini Miura and Toyota 2000GT. It was with such exotic cars gracing the pages of automotive journals and creating legends on the track that Mazda decided to stage a revolution. A man named Felix Wankel had designed a radically different engine he was sure would change the automotive world. Unfortunately he had little success convincing any car makers of the performance potential in his design. In the early sixties however Mazda acquired the rights to his design and this was to be its debute. Wrapped in a futuristically styled body the looked like a spaceship was the first rotary engined sports car. Nowadays we are quite familiar with Mazdas rotary engines and their great sports cars with their RX8 being the latest entry. But few remember where it all began and that this first entry set the bar for performance and handling so high that every one of Mazdas sports cars since then has had to live up to. Well this Shootout is the perfect showcase for this truely historic car, and Ol'Harvey has with loving hands polished this into a true work of art. Outlaw Motorsports Garage proudly presents the "FireStar" for your driving pleasure. Climb in and let the revolution be reborn all over again!:cheers:
Eiger_2520Nordwand_2520Short_2520Track-5.jpg

Eiger_2520Nordwand_2520Short_2520Track-4.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Used Car Dealership
Paintjob: K2RED (paint by Mazda)
Wheels: Stock
Aerodynamic Kit: None
Weight Reduction: None
Window Weight Reduction: No
Carbon Hood: No
Chassis reinforcement: No
ECU Tuning: No
Engine Tuning: Stage 2
Intake Manifold: Sports
Air Filter: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Sports
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Exhaust: Sports
Turbo Kit: None
Transmission: 5 Speed Close Ratio
Clutch: Stock
Flywheel: Stock
LSD: Stock
Center Differential: -
Drive Shaft: Stock
Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit
Tires: Comfort Soft

The Tune
Aerodynamics: -/-
Ballast: 0kg at position 0
Power Limiter: 97.2%
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 2.4, Rear 3.4
Toe Angle Front 0.00, Rear +0.20
Ride Height Front +5, Rear -10
Spring Rate Front 14.8, Rear 8.0
Dampers (Extension) Front 2, Rear 1
Dampers (Compression) Front 3, Rear 2
Anti-Roll Bars Front 6, Rear 7
Brakes Front 5, Rear 7

The car has 386PP, weighs 940Kg with a 50/50 front/rear weight distribution, has 155HP and produces 132ft-lb torque@4,000rpm with a 7,900rpm redline.

Notes: Perfect for driving with an automatic transmission. Very skilled drivers might get a very minor increase with a manual transmission.

Note 2: A surprisingly fast and easy car to drive. For best lap times at Eiger though having the smoothest lines possible and keeping the rear in check are of paramount importance. Any wheelspin or rear slippage due to over aggressive driving will cost you precious time.

Note 3: Ol'Harvey Wallbanger set a personal best time at Eiger Nordwand short of 1:20.743 using a DS3, Sensitivity 7, ABS1, Driving line and an automatic transmission.

Enjoy the ride and as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Reviews and/or additional photos

Last edited:
"FireStar"

I'm not surprised at that. Those cars are always fastest in the classic car A-spec events, even though they're not the highest PP.

I did a short test in the Cosmo and found it quick but not notable quicker than the other "players". I'm interested that you found it so much faster.

Multi-post fail. :crazy:

Nice choice on the Firefly XD:)

I haven't spent much time looking for cars but I did tune up a 240Z and tested a Cosmo. The Mazda was a little faster on the uphill and I'm a huge fan of the rotary engine (I once owned a 2nd gen. Rx-7) but I'm happy to enter the Datsun. It won't be the fastest but I ran a pretty easy 1:21.5xx and it handles sublime for me. :dopey: Either way it looks like the Outlaws will have two of my fav. Japanese classics entered. :gtpflag:

Looks like Harvey found my backup car. :) Love me some rotary but I'll stick to my pre-shark car. :lol:

I just ran my first 1:20 (barely) in a car with just a quick basic tune and an imperfect lap. I was running low 21s with sloppy laps and on that lap I had managed to pull 2 tenths on my ghost. I was thinking 21.0 if I don't mess up the last turn. Well I didn't mess it up, and in fact I nailed it to gain another tenth. Made a 50 year old man smile. 👍

I can see this car going half a second faster with a good tune. I'm not saying what car, but it's not a Mazda. :D

I find it very interesting that the new seasonal is a classic car seasonal, but with 500PP and sport soft tires. I don't want to run those right now because my driving is calibrated to the comforts for this event and I don't want to ruin it. ;)

Oops the new seasonal is comfort soft. Thats different. :)

Last edited:
What about the IsuzuBellett 1600 GT-R '69 ??? Somebody test already ?? It would be my first choice to discover THE car. I love the way it handle on Monaco.
:indiff::indiff: I want to drive my wheel...:(:(

What about the IsuzuBellett 1600 GT-R '69 ??? Somebody test already ?? It would be my first choice to discover THE car. I love the way it handle on Monaco.
:indiff::indiff: I want to drive my wheel...:(:(

That's my favorite 60s Japanese car too.

I tried it for several laps. It handles great, but it just doesn't pull on the straights. My ghost from another car just drives away.

I don't think I can tune my car at Eiger, I'm already p***** off after driving 3 laps.

I really do not like Eiger in any form.

I don't think I can tune my car at Eiger, I'm already p***** off after driving 3 laps.

I really do not like Eiger in any form.

I will take this as a withdrawal. Thanks for letting me know.

krenkme, it's open for you if you want it.

s2k2k3
I will take this as a withdrawal. Thanks for letting me know.

krenkme, it's open for you if you want it.

Um, if it is open, and if trackripper is okay with it, I'd love to :dopey:

EDIT- Yes I'll take the spot. And I'd like to say thank you to ripper for offering to joint tune with me, and I won't tell anyone that we were working on the Mazda Carol 360 :sly: :P

Last edited:
Um, if it is open, and if trackripper is okay with it, I'd love to :dopey:

EDIT- Yes I'll take the spot. And I'd like to say thank you to ripper for offering to joint tune with me, and I won't tell anyone that we were working on the Mazda Carol 360 :sly: :P

The Carol is so much faster than the other cars I was thinking of banning it...

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes "Datsun/Nissan 240z ‘71”

ToscanaTarmac_22.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: used car dealer
Paintjob: Tawney Gold Met.
Wheels: stock
aero : none
Weight Reduction: none
Window Weight Reduction: no
Carbon Hood: no
Chassis reinforcement: no
ECU Tuning: no
Engine Tuning: none
Intake Manifold: no
Air Filter: Race
Exhaust Manifold: no
Catalytic Converter: yes
Exhaust: Sport
Transmission: FC
Clutch: stock
Flywheel: stock
LSD: no
Suspension: FC
Tires: CS

The Tune
Ballast weight : 17/50
Power Limiter : 96.2%
Transmission - process as follows;
1) set to default
2)Set Final gear to 5.094
Should display an indicated top speed of 106 mph in upper right
corner

Suspension
Ride height front -10, rear -10
Spring rate front 6.8, rear 4.7
Dampers (Extension) front 6 rear 6
Dampers (Compression) front 5 rear 4
Anti-roll bars front 2 rear 3
Camber angle front 2.0 rear 1.5
Toe angle front -.15 rear 0.0
Brakes: front 5 rear 6
Transmission: Auto or Manual
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

The car has 385 PP,weighs 1027 Kg with a 59/41 front/rear weight
distribution, has a power to weight ratio of 6.36 kg/hp, has 159 HP
and produces 162 ft-lb torque

Notes:
Built for the Classic car Shootout on Eiger Norwand Short Track
Time 1:21.232
On Share

ENJOY, AC

A quick question on ride hight. You can lower front and back by 10, but can you also raise the front and back by 10? :dopey:

Great choice by the way AC :cheers: I had a friend that had rust in the shape of that car when I was young :lol:

Back