World Motorsports Association-New Teaser Photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difficulty is great, I always run legend, in 2011 and 2010 I always won the wet races, I got to ferrari in season 1,

This is somewhat more difficult yet more even, the tire wear is better, the weather effects are fantastic, you can actually feel the tire pull when you hit a deep puddle, and visually better then 2011,

But dry weather tracks and visuals just don't really seem to be as good as they could be, it all seems cartoon like, I almost feel that the studio liverpool F1 game on ps3 is visually better,

It seems to me the visuals are an after thought, but the audio is fanfreakintastic! Specially with surround sound,

@polar, yes, I got the biggest, bestest, bad a$$ LED HDTV, 70" baby! And I'm about 12ft away from the screen,

@zedman, for the love of god, DON'T! Oh wait your british not american, sure, come, enjoy the free world, you'll like it here, lol!

Last edited:
Gotta love the fact that 90% of the activity on this thread happens while I'm asleep :lol:

Good to hear the WRC being praised this much Mel :) don't forget that DTM is just about ready too, we're about 85-90% done and ready to race! The cars seem to beg for us to begin. At least that's what I hear whenever they play the you-have-selected-this-car sound:

"wrom-wrom-WROOOOOOM" means:
"c-mon RAAAAAACE" :lol:

Translation from Danish to English: "vrom-vrom-VROOOOOM"

Anyways, barring any V = *half W jokes...

I think I'm going to start work on the October 2012 Newsletter. :sly:

Getting so confused whether you use v or w for that, but as long as we get we're talking engine revving it should be fine :)

I'm subscribing to the newsletter, because race :sly:

It's not a subscription, the newsletter will be PM'd, via an external website (we have more than fifty members, I'm not even going to try to PM 50+ guys every month, on GTP.)

images

Otherwise, you said "wrom-wrom-WROOOOOOM" with Ws. I mentioned that "W" is pronounced like "wha" in English, but, you know how it's pronounced in Danish, clearly. :rolleyes:

Oh. Well I'm up for it anyway, so bring it on! Don't forget the very succesful WRC and DTM :sly:

Oh. Well I'm up for it anyway, so bring it on! Don't forget the very succesful WRC and DTM :sly:

Newsletter topics:

-ITCC Season I wrap-up
-WRC "teaser"
-DTM reminder "did you know that we have a DTM series?"
-Time Trials (?) No one ever posted in that thread, after I set-up the thread. :(
-ITCC Season II discussion thread reminders
-Heathenpride's 4 Hours of the 'Ring VLN Series (which we fully support, without sanctioning)
-other new announcements

Looking forward to read it Mel 👍 let me know when and where I can see it when it's done :)

MrMelancholy15
Newsletter topics:

-ITCC Season I wrap-up
-WRC "teaser"
-DTM reminder "did you know that we have a DTM series?"
-Time Trials (?) No one ever posted in that thread, after I set-up the thread. :(
-ITCC Season II discussion thread reminders
-Heathenpride's 4 Hours of the 'Ring VLN Series (which we fully support, without sanctioning)
-other new announcements

No continental? ;(

And I never got a pm from that guy...

Just be sure to add links where required mel, as to make things easy for all members,

Question, are all people that are running in w.m.a series required to sign up to w.m.a?

Its just I seen some names in wrc and DTM and didn't see them in the members list on the OP,

Also, does anyone know if the premium BMW M5 is the new V8 one or the last of the V10s?

Last edited:
Just be sure to add links where required mel, as to make things easy for all members,

Question, are all people that are running in w.m.a series required to sign up to w.m.a?

Its just I seen some names in wrc and DTM and didn't see them in the members list on the OP,

Also, does anyone know if the premium BMW M5 is the new V8 one or the last of the V10s?

I've noticed some links are incorrect too.. If you want I can surely fix it for you and just PM you the "results" Mel?

As for the member and series thing, I believe it's just the sanctioning. Requiring people to sign up for W.M.A. of course increases numbers but some might feel it kills the fun factor.

And I don't know about the M5. Hmm, wonder why you'd want to know if it's V8 :sly: how's things going with that series?

I'm just bored so I thought I'd update handicaps with what info I have from all series currently running, hence why I was wondering about WRC,

I would like to have 16 cars for the series on topic, lol, keeping it under my hat at the moment, things are simple and easy, obviously some cars are better then others but. I think having 5 different tire compounds is going to mix things up, I've tested 12 cars at 5 different tracks, all cars are always within a second of each other, and all cars react different to all tires, like racing softs make 3 cars go great then throw some sports softs on there and there 7-9 thenths off, there is 1 car in particular for some reason on racing softs is 1.2 seconds slower then the fastest car, then throw sports mediums on all the cars at a different track and its .1 up on all of them, going to be interesting,

Indeed it is Dave. I know my handicap would be 3 straight as that's the only noted result from this month :)

Bahahahaha, after looking at the wrc results I think I worked yours out to 3.25 lol,

Bahahahaha, after looking at the wrc results I think I worked yours out to 3.25 lol,

:confused: you do know the only result that counts in a rally is the one that gives points? To compare with normal circuit races, one stage equals about a lap, and afaik you don't stop the replay every lap and note down: driver a, driver b, etc :)

Yes that is true, but if you run 3 stages to complete the event, then each race result contributes, plus you put all the stage results up lol,

:yuck: Not with a DS3. The physics are horrid with a DS3. It's like driving... a Codemasters game! Oh, who would have guessed?

Seriously, Codemasters games are always so twitchy. And, the AI is still a pushover, even on the hardest difficulty.

Totally 100000% agree! Grid was good but entirely arcade.

Bahahahaha, you should play F1 2012, I made up 15 spots on legend difficulty in the marussia before turn 4 at malaysia, then another 6 before the pit stop,

I think F1 2004 was the last of the hard F1 games, on PS2, but F1 championship edition on PS3 was still pretty cool, I think F105 was my favorite, even though the FIA tire rules that year were stupid, no tire changes, seriously guys, what the hell, but you could see the blue flames and exhaust smoke, the oil smoke if your car was giving up could be seen, you could lose gears, have a raging fire behind you before your engine gave up, see the oil slick on the road, even though the AI was easy as it was the little things that kept me coming back,

As for codemasters, they haven't really ever made a realistic racing simulation game, the last good realistic racing game they made was toca 2, race driver 2 was ok but not very realistic, they still have the licenceing rights to bathurst and almost all the other V8 super car tracks, but that runs out soon, so hopefully some DLC for GT5 is coming soon, lol, well its wishful thinking lol,

But as for F12012, I'm going to give it half a chance, basically that means I'm going to play it again tomorrow, perhaps when I adjust to the new physics it will make me happier, but for now, like NFS shift 2, I'm disappointed,

More DLC? Really? :( kinda sad we need that to keep GT alive

Oh and Dave if that's the way the handicap will be calculated for WRC events then I'd rather take it off the W.M.A. schedule as counting stages as individual races kills the purpose of it.

Edit: just found out the DLC is coming on my birthday, and GT5 Academy Edition coming the day after.. That fact alone might be enough for me to wish it for birthday

Last edited:
@mel, ok cool,

@rally, for the handicap to be calculated correctly I need 3 races/events results otherwise it would just be the result of each event lol, but anyways I can't be bothered trying to update it on the phone, it takes way to long lol, so more then likely by the time my internet is sorted then 3 wrc events would have been run thus being able to be calculated correctly,

Well you're lucky you'll soon have a DTM championship to calculate handicaps from :) if it's only this time you'll calculate from all stages I guess it's ok (it's just a preseason after all :D )

Guys, the handicap isn't necessarily a problem. Isn't it easier to start the calculation of averages based on a single result? 💡 ^ That's how ITCC Season I Average calculations worked. Season II will hopefully have a fully-automated averaging system.

Speaking of itcc, there is a link to this weekends/ season 1 thread, stating that a race is being held in the "coming races" notice board on the forum OP,

Bahahahaha, I figured I should let you know, just incase we upset some new potential customers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back