::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 1 | Results Pending :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,044 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
GTP_Sigma and GTP_Aizen_93 is not in the room at the moment.

So 1st drivers in each D2 class, be ready.. I'll post clearly if/when you can change room.

That will also mean that dctsuru_69 (GT300) and maSonn09 (GT500) will enter the D2 race.. Stay tuned..

All GT500 Div 2 guys have showed up.

GT300 cars so far- Hortus, Steel Sloth, Donnoman and Shrugging

JPzer, C-Falcon89 and HortusIX may join D1

Driver on the waitinglist may join D2

GUYS!!! You have to stay tuned!

JPzer, C-Falcon89 and HortusIX can join D1!

Waitinglist: maSonn09 and Doctsuru_69 can join D2!

damn it!!! disconnected from d2...

Sorry Owens couldn't hold the car tires were done and I only wanted to let you go so I could get into the pits... sorry for the contact man.

guillermo968
damn it!!! disconnected from d2...

Sorry Owens couldn't hold the car tires were done and I only wanted to let you go so I could get into the pits... sorry for the contact man.

No problem. I could of sated back some and used that straight to draft pass.

Really was sad when you got DC'd. I was hoping to have a good run to the end with you. We was close. I pitted next lap.

nilsurban
I had a miserable race, and I got disconnected on the final lap!:( Do i still get to keep 7th place points?

Seen early you was battling position. Very sorry to hear about the DC.

Should do Nils, you did more than 85% of the race :)

Oh god GT300 was so close in Div1. Top 4 swapping places for the first half of the race - I made a big mistake into Turn 1 at the start, ran wide which put me to the back of that pack of four cars.

In the end I made a few mistakes, so did Neomone, but we both caught back up as Senninha and Kamy fought for the GT300 lead. In the end it was obvious our laptimes at the front were much slower than they could be, so I pitted two laps early in order to try and jump the pack. Kamy pitted the lap after and I jumped him; Senninha and Neo the lap after and jumped them too. Ended up being a HUGE struggle on tyres by the end - my front tyres were wearing out twice as fast as the rears, and having stopped two laps early they were totally destroyed by the end of the race, but ultimately track position meant more than anything - took the win by a few seconds over Senninha.

Bit of a shame that Suzuka isn't so great for overtaking, never felt comfortable to make a pass unless it was into turn 1, but wow, that was tense. I had to push really hard for my in and out lap through the pit stops to try and get the jump, so I'm glad it worked out. Thanks for a great race all 👍

good first race... pretty much incident free apart from a few hairy moments off track. just need to work on the pace now :)

congrats to everyone. and thanks to the organisers for quickly getting in touch with me to put me into D1 at such short notice. also thanks for putting the series together, it's great so far - the rolling start was interesting, not tried that before.

i'm just putting another idea out about the starts though.

for the sake of a better replay, how about, just before the race is to start, the practice times are reset (e.g. change damage to light then back to heavy again) then everyone enter the track using the same PP restrictor format (lowest to highest, one PP level at a time). form up on the track in the quali order as instructed by the host and then the race is started. instead of people weaving through each other to find their place and potentially damaging their car or somebody elses, everyone will already be in their grid slot and then the parade lap can take place in a more orderly fashion.

this won't actually make much difference to the current format, and has two plus points - a better replay and reduced risk of car damage.

ideas?

Last edited:
Are the online races racking miles? I dropped to 494 or 484 HP after that race or during.

Should do Nils, you did more than 85% of the race :)

Oh god GT300 was so close in Div1. Top 4 swapping places for the first half of the race - I made a big mistake into Turn 1 at the start, ran wide which put me to the back of that pack of four cars.

In the end I made a few mistakes, so did Neomone, but we both caught back up as Senninha and Kamy fought for the GT300 lead. In the end it was obvious our laptimes at the front were much slower than they could be, so I pitted two laps early in order to try and jump the pack. Kamy pitted the lap after and I jumped him; Senninha and Neo the lap after and jumped them too. Ended up being a HUGE struggle on tyres by the end - my front tyres were wearing out twice as fast as the rears, and having stopped two laps early they were totally destroyed by the end of the race, but ultimately track position meant more than anything - took the win by a few seconds over Senninha.

Bit of a shame that Suzuka isn't so great for overtaking, never felt comfortable to make a pass unless it was into turn 1, but wow, that was tense. I had to push really hard for my in and out lap through the pit stops to try and get the jump, so I'm glad it worked out. Thanks for a great race all 👍
congratz with the win i was thinking of pitting at the same lap as kamy but missed the pit entry because i was focusing on him in rear view mirror so stupid:( and in the chicane neomone hit me and i lost a few seconds + the time you gained on fresh tyres i came out of the pits in 3rd after mole and kamy. kamy made a mistake and you were fare ahead but i slowely cathed you and on the last laps i could see your car when i was before the esses. over all the race was very smooth and a great battle in 1st stint. unfurtunate bad strategy and a bump ended my chances of winning but are ok happy with my 2nd. the rx-7 took a 1-2 great done :)

Well...

Mixed emotions race for me.

Moleman did an error on turn 1 so i took the lead, and started a great fight with senninha. I think i was i little faster than him, but the draft of GT5 helped him on the straights, so we were exchanging positions every lap.
While we were fighting we were caught by moleman and neo. Then it became a 4 man battle, even if neo was a little conservative and watched our overtakes from front row, avoiding early incidents and saving his tires.
i think there was only a moment where i was behind both senninha and moleman for more than half a lap, and i thought i should pit so i can take advantage of their fight. but it was to soon. I overtook moleman and he obviously didn't thought like me because he pitted right away. I pitted next lap and senninha and neo the lap after, and the pitstops created a gap between us.
Then i was distracted by my mom :banghead: and lost focus. Started to do little mistakes and that allowed both senninha and neo to went by me.
I was so frustrated, so hot headed that i missed some shifts, and went wide a couple of times. But worse of all i missed my brake point in Dunlop bend and hit neo forcing us to an unscheduled pit stop. Sorry once again. we manteined our positions and i drove in 4th until the end.

Not the end i was hoping for a great race.

Congrats on the win mole.

Nycrom, 2 cars are missing from your results screen. I will post the full results shortly, in the meantime you should remove that picture.

Great race guys :)

That was my first rolling start ever, didnt have any experience doing it. Lost 2nd place to chorda right at the start, but he spun on lap 2 trying to keep it up with tony.

Rest of the race i was pretty much alone. Losing time from tony, and gaining time from the rest of the pack.

Looks like the battle for 3rd was quite fun. Chorda, Falcon and Paginas all crossed the finish line really close.

Great race guys :)

That was my first rolling start ever, didnt have any experience doing it. Lost 2nd place to chorda right at the start, but he spun on lap 2 trying to keep it up with tony.

Rest of the race i was pretty much alone. Losing time from tony, and gaining time from the rest of the pack.

Looks like the battle for 3rd was quite fun. Chorda, Falcon and Paginas all crossed the finish line really close.

we all had different pit stop strategies and i think we all spun once lol so yes was very close

Interesting race.

Moleman, Senninha, and Kamykaze were all very aggressive battling each other in the early laps. I for the most part sat back and waited for someone to stuff it up. I passed into the lead once, but then was aggressively passed on the inside through Spoon which scared the crap out of me, and after that I just sat back and waited. It was good though, the infighting allowed me and Moleman to stay in the hunt after we both had some minor offs.

Coming into about lap 10, the tyres were starting to go off badly on the Garaiyas and RX7s. They were running 2.09s and 2.10s, while the Celica was still happily doing low 2.08s. I tried to take advantage of this, but probably ran one lap longer than I should have. Coming into the chicane I braked early but still couldn't stop myself running up the back of Senninha. Sorry mate. He came out of the sand and went past me, we both pitted and no major damage was done.

The cars were then spread out, and it was a matter of keeping up some quick laps without making a mistake while I waited for the tyres to wear down. Having pitted late, and with my known advantage on worn tyres I was sure I could make up a fair bit of time to Moleman when the time was right.

Unfortunately, it was not to be. With 7 laps still to go Kamykaze and I had to pit to repair our damage. That put the two of us out of contention for the top spots, so I settled down for a calm cruise to the finish. I tried to put in a couple of hot laps on 25 and 26 to try and get fastest lap for the GT300s. I have no idea if I succeeded. Probably not with no draft.

So a finish in third, which I'm not unhappy with. The Celica is certainly capable of going just as fast as the Garaiya and RX7, which makes me happy. It seems to be very good on worn tyres, which may be the car or may be my innate awesomeness. :P A decent start to the season I feel. Grats to Moleman and Senninha on well deserved finishes, you drove a great race.

If anyone is interested in the setup I used, I posted it before (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4895239#post4895239). The only changes I made were making 6th gear longer and some tweaks to the aero (which is why I jumped in the race when the PP was set to 536). It's not really a speed tweak as much as it was making the car handle more like I wanted it to, so I'll keep that one to myself for now.

Good racing tonight.

Luckily strategy worked out well and i hade no serious incidents. Good battle with chorda at lap 1&2 ,and an also good battle from a distance with Minion during my 2nd stint.

I want to thank everybody in GT300 for not causing me any trouble at all despite having their own battles unfolding, very classy of you.

Congratulations to Moieman , Nycrom and SteeltoedSloth.

Looking forward to the next race. :cheers:

Last edited:
Fastest Laps D1:

GT500:
1:56.459 - tony1311 :crazy:
1:58.187 - C-Falcon
1:58.428 - NilsUrban
1:58.582 - Minion07
1:59.219 - chorda
1:59.265 - Paginas
1:59.438 - JPzer

GT300:
2:04.669 - Moleman :crazy:
2:05.638 - Kamykaze1098
2:05.705 - Neomone
2:05.839 - Bakugekiki
2:06.078 - GTP_Senninha
2:07.434 - HortusIX

Pulled from the replay.

I told you I was pushing on those out laps :P

Also,

Provisional Div1 Results:

If you have an incident to report, PM a Steward who was involved with the race. You can find the list of stewards in the first post of this topic.

r1.jpg

Results are pending while any incidents are taken care of. But I was bored, so have a pre-penalty table for the sake of it anyway :P

Green = GT500
Yellow = GT300

Last edited:
Provisional Suzuka D2 results

suzuka.jpg

I was on the last lap (lap 27) when the timer expired. Not sure how much distance donoman completed.

Mixed feelings about this one...I felt I was quicker than SteelToedSloth in the opening laps, was setting up a pass out of Spoon on lap 4 and of course he decides to spin right in front of me. I had nowhere to go, crashed in his side and got engine and wheel damage...car lost all power, had to make an unscheduled pit stop...cost me the race. Of course he gets only right wheel damage...oh the PD wisdom...

O shhhhh****! Where do I go? :scared:
suzukax1.jpg

ENGINE damage thru no fault of my own :ouch: :mad: :mad: :mad:
suzukax2.jpg

Interesting race.
If anyone is interested in the setup I used, I posted it before (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4895239#post4895239).

Thanks for sharing your setup 👍 I tried it but the springs felt way too soft for my taste, was running with +2.0 on the front and rear. How you can get it to do 2.05s is mindboggling...best I could do was 2:06.7. Good to see that the Celica can be competitive, though.

Edit: Nope, rebuilt the engine and it's still 322. What's going on there?

Edit 2: Got it. 322 imperial HP = 326 metric HP (or PS). Since you can't change power units at all, it's possible that we've all been talking at cross purposes any time we mention power...

Just to confirm the maximum power on the CELICA is indeed 322 HP on GT5 U.S. edition using MPH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back