::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 1 | Results Pending :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,044 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some pictures from Div1 GT300 - Mostly of one moment in the race, I don't know about Senninha and Kamy, but it scared the crap out of me, I could have sworn we weren't going to make it through 180R while entering the corner 3 abreast, but ok.

First Corner, First Lap
What do you mean this isn't the racing line? :dopey:
SuzukaCircuit-2.jpg

First Lap, Hairpin
KamyKaze leads Senninha, African Kat, Neomone, Moleman, Bakugekiki and Hortus.
SuzukaCircuit_1-2.jpg

Heading towards 180R 3-wide
Right about now I'm thinking about whether this is a good idea. (Senninha, Moleman, Kamy)
SuzukaCircuit_2-2.jpg

Senninha in front, Moleman, then Kamy. This is pretty close considering we're all running at ~140mph and trying to sort ourselves out through the hard 180R corner, after having arrived there three abreast.
SuzukaCircuit_3-2.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_4-2.jpg

Spot the 2nd RX7 :sly:
SuzukaCircuit_5-2.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_6-2.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_7-1.jpg

Amazingly we all make it through the corner fine, no one runs wide, and Senninha holds the lead into the chicane.
SuzukaCircuit_8-1.jpg

Last edited:
Whatever.. If you READ the OP. It clearly says that ALL drivers must stay tuned IN THIS THREAD, to make the management as easy as possible.

By not doing so, you can't put any lack of communication on stewards/hosts/orginizers. That's just the way it works.

Take it or leave it.

Btw: Are you going to qualify for the race this Friday?

EDIT: After cooling down a bit.. You are right. It's just that I expect a little bit of cooperation.

So when i'm at work earning money for myself you somehow expect me to be able to monitor this thread all day huh? Best bit is when i return home there is atleast 5-6 new pages added to this thread.

As i said, when i receive a PM an email goes through to me which shows up on my phone. If that had happened i would of been there for the race.

When there are no lap times, and the grid is the fastest first, cars will be sorted based on their position on track. So p1 exits pits and drives a bit and stops the car. then 2nd exits pits and parks behind 1st, etc.

I think we can give this a try.

exactly... except it's not necessary for P1 to leave the pitlane first.

when no practice lap has been set (with grid order set to fastest first like you said), the order the cars are on the track at the time of the race starting is the order the race will start.
if P1 were to join the track first it would mess up the PP system that was used for the first race, as when the PP is reduced, all cars with PP ratings over the new settings will automatically be returned to the race lobby.

summary:
- still use the PP system to allow cars onto the track, lowest PP up to highest PP.
- P1 in GT500 drives around the track to lead the pack and stops somewhere (leaving plenty of room for a snake of 15 cars to join behind him).
- P2 in GT500 drives up to second and stops behind P1 (can you see where this is going?)
- the same of GT300, except P1 will drive up to eighth instead (the position indicator will display eighth on his screen, but, of course, he will still effectively be in pole for his class in his division).

*this example is based on a full field of 14 drivers, 7 of each class

when the race starts, all the drivers should be in their correct positions according to their quali times and the parade lap can start in earnest.

\o/

So when i'm at work earning money for myself you somehow expect me to be able to monitor this thread all day huh? Best bit is when i return home there is atleast 5-6 new pages added to this thread.

As i said, when i receive a PM an email goes through to me which shows up on my phone. If that had happened i would of been there for the race.

Come on. The only time when it's necessary for anyone to stay current with the thread is in the 30 minutes before a race. Any other time, you can read it straight away or 8 hours later and it makes no difference.

I suspect in future PMs will probably be used, but there's no need to rip on the organiser for not doing so this time. The OP will likely stay as it is, because it needs to ultimately be the responsibility of the racers to stay in the loop of the information. A post on the thread will always be the surefire way of communicating. PMs, PSN messages and the like will always be supplementary, as there's stuff that can prevent them getting through at times.

At the end of the day, the people racing are giving up that 30 minutes waiting in front of their PS3s. If you're high on the reserve list, you should know that the chances of you getting in are really high. REALLY high. Out of 14 people, there's ALWAYS at least one person who doesn't show up, or DCs, or their cat is on fire or whatever. You might as well at least plan to check whether a reserve is needed at maybe 30 mins and 15 mins to race start.

Don't leave it up to other people to come and get you. The organiser is busy getting 28 people ready to race. He'll do his best, but maybe at times like this he'll miss something. You need to be prepared to cover for him at times like that, because he's working bloody hard on your behalf.

Thanks Owensracing for hosting and thanks to all the stewards for there work. Had a good night racing.

Too bad Doctsuru and maximus joined the room after the race already started, it would have been nice for a larger GT300 turnout in D2. Hopefully next time guys.

Atlas, sorry I took that turn a little too wide and clipped the grass causing my car to spin out, really, I apologize. We had a couple good battles later in the race though.

Donoman, check out this link for a good overall RX-7 setup, i use something very close to this.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4734176&posted=1#post4734176

turns out i was already using the Avid/vett'e tune for my RX7. i actually use his tunes for many of my cars i have found him to be one of the better tuners here.

anyway, i guess that means i just really SUCK at driving. ugh. oh well, i see a lot more practice is in the cards.

to be fair, if i were running more consistently at my best time (2:12.xx), and not flying off the track into walls from pushing too hard, i might have actually been semi-competitive. i also think that if there were more than three people racing in GT300 D2 that i might not have ended up last. although on the other hand i FOR SURE would not have placed third!

thanks!

-d

Last edited:
great shots andil i could not remember it was so close but good no one hit each other. i will have a few pics of me and kamy showing some very close driving up tommorow

turns out i was already using the Avid/vett'e tune for my RX7. i actually use his tunes for many of my cars i have found him to be one of the better tuners here.

anyway, i guess that means i just really SUCK at driving. ugh. oh well, i see a lot more practice is in the cards.

to be fair, if i were running more consistently at my best time (1:12.xx), and not flying off the track into walls from pushing too hard, i might have actually been semi-competitive. i also think that if there were more than three people racing in GT300 D2 that i might not have ended up last. although on the other hand i FOR SURE would not have placed third!

thanks!

-d

you were doing 1:12s around Suzuka? what tune were you using?

XD

Come on. The only time when it's necessary for anyone to stay current with the thread is in the 30 minutes before a race. Any other time, you can read it straight away or 8 hours later and it makes no difference.

I suspect in future PMs will probably be used, but there's no need to rip on the organiser for not doing so this time. The OP will likely stay as it is, because it needs to ultimately be the responsibility of the racers to stay in the loop of the information. A post on the thread will always be the surefire way of communicating. PMs, PSN messages and the like will always be supplementary, as there's stuff that can prevent them getting through at times.

At the end of the day, the people racing are giving up that 30 minutes waiting in front of their PS3s. If you're high on the reserve list, you should know that the chances of you getting in are really high. REALLY high. Out of 14 people, there's ALWAYS at least one person who doesn't show up, or DCs, or their cat is on fire or whatever. You might as well at least plan to check whether a reserve is needed at maybe 30 mins and 15 mins to race start.

Don't leave it up to other people to come and get you. The organiser is busy getting 28 people ready to race. He'll do his best, but maybe at times like this he'll miss something. You need to be prepared to cover for him at times like that, because he's working bloody hard on your behalf.

Yes i understand how busy the event organisers are and the race stewards are. Yes it is though trying to sort out 28 people out. What i was getting at was the fact that i had no time to check and see if i made it off the waiting list onto the grid. I didn't have high expectations because i was the 3rd or 4th reserve and i didn't think 3 or 4 people not turn up. Also last time i was called up for one of the pre-season races i was PM'd by Masi which made it alot easier to make time for and made me frequent this thread whenever i had a spare minute.

Hey guys, we are missing wilhelm on the D2 results. I'm unable to check which lap he got Engine Failure, as I'm lieing sick with a tummyflu :-(. Also check his fastest lap.

Hey guys, we are missing wilhelm on the D2 results. I'm unable to check which lap he got Engine Failure, as I'm lieing sick with a tummyflu :-(. Also check his fastest lap.

Good spot 👍

We will correct this.

How many laps did wilhelm1098 complete?

And about the waitinglist issue/lack of comminication.

A PM will not be sent. Because it's not only one driver that needs to know about the situation. Last race I had to contact 3 drivers, and posting in this thread was the best way to do it.

If there is only ONE driver on the waitinglist, I might throw away a PM. But always look in the thread for info 30 minutes prior the race. That's what the OP say. And any other way of comminucation (PM/PSN Network) can also be used, but should not be viewed as a rule.

Good spot 👍

We will correct this.

How many laps did wilhelm1098 complete?

I'm really not sure, somewhere about 5-15 laps. If non can check it, I'll do it as soon as I can. Over and out.

I will look at the replay hear shortly. Everyone was on my screen and visible on track.

Wilhelm1098 was on the track for D2 race was DC during 18 lap, his best lap 2:00,713.

Ok, that gives him a competion of 70%. And does not collect any points I'm afraid.

Since this was in D2, it does not matter. But if it had happened in D1, all cars in D2 would've moved up accordingly.

Do you guys think that a driver who does NOT complete atleast 85% last, can recieve points?

My suggestion:
A D1 driver that get's DC'd (pre 85% completion) will get points for last place in D2 and everyone else will move up accordingly.

Ok, that gives him a competion of 70%. And does not collect any points I'm afraid.

Since this was in D2, it does not matter. But if it had happened in D1, all cars in D2 would've moved up accordingly.

Do you guys think that a driver who does NOT complete atleast 85% last, can recieve points?

My suggestion:
A D1 driver that get's DC'd (pre 85% completion) will get points for last place in D2 and everyone else will move up accordingly.

Nah. Part of the reason for the 85% rule was to stop people rage quitting after they have an accident. They still get points if they finish the race, but they get nothing if they just get mad and bail.

Unfortunately, people who get legitimately DC'd because of connection problems get caught in that, but I think it's worth it to encourage people to stick out the race to the end.

OFFICIAL RESULTS FOR SUZUKA

D1
R1-Final-Results.jpg

D2
results20suzuka.png

wilhelm1098 is missing, but he is in the final standing table and also the rep-table

Drivers Table GT500
GT500-Table-R1.jpg

Driver Table GT300
GT300-Table-R1.jpg

Rep-Point Table
rep-table-round1.jpg

This thread will be closed as soon as I have added the above in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back