::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 10 | Pokka Super GT :::::

• Thread starter Denilson
  • 166 comments
Thank you SO much for this season guys!! :cheers:

This is the final (not yet official) results for Pokka Super GT / Suzuka 250 km race:

GT500

1. chorda (FL: 1:57.790)
2. Paginas (FL: 1:58.420)
3. JPzer (FL: 1:58.646)
4. Wardez (FL: 1:58.222)
5. OwensRacing (FL: 2:00.260)
6. Joshua1994 (FL: -:--.---, Non points finish)

GT300

1. GTP_Aderrrm (FL: 2:04.591)
2. GTP_Senninha (FL: 2:05.088)
3. Moleman (FL: 2:04.867)
4. RedReevos (FL: 2:05.698)
5. Shrugging_Atlas (FL: 2:06.532)
6. SteelToedSloth (FL: 2:06.528)

Wardez: Can you please update the tables? The results are not yet official, but I have not recieved any incidents report, and by this time, I would have got most of them.

A big round of applaudes for the GT500 overall champion:

JPzer!! :cheers: 👍
And gratz once again to the GT300 overall winner:
Moleman!! :cheers: 👍

Also, congratz to GTP_Aderrrm for a great race at Suzuka /Pokka Super GT 250 km race for the nice win! 👍

Well done!

And, once again: Thank you so much for making this first WSGTC season to one of my best on-line experiance ever! :cheers: :bowdown:

I would like to end my post with something to think about for season numer 2:
Imagine if all of the commited drivers stay, and we also get a bunch of new fast, clean, humble and commited drivers (it looks like it for now) what a freaking awsome season 2 we will have! 👍

Thank all of you who participated once again!!!!

And I would also like to highlite
Masi_23!!! Creator and founder of the WSGTC. Without you, none of us would have got this amazing experiance. Thank you so much! :bowdown:

Best regards
Dennis
Admin/Organizer of the WSGTC.

Fanatsic season damn i didnt realise how close i was to chorda in the end DAMN lol 3rd place will have to do, BUT WATCH OUT for season 2 hehe ;)

If i just finnished the "Green Hell" i would of got 10 bonus points ARGH ARGH ARGH, that shows its best to try and finish a race even if your dead LAST, every point counts

Really incredible guys. I'm so glad to've been a part of it. We should all get together in an IRC party next Friday to tell tales about the season and work ourselves up for the next. I'm sure we all have ideas and I would love to be able to share them all in chat with you.

And yeah Pag, I learned so much this season. I think the way Masi set up the points structure is pretty rock solid. I might suggest a slight tweak or two in the future but all we have to do to prove that it works is look through the first season's points race. Amazing indeed, and thanks twice and four tragillion times to Masi!

I hope he gets to see the end result of so much hard work and dedication. I know if I was him I'd be super excited and happy to see how everyone ended up.

:cheers:

On to season 2 and may it be even more epic than before!

Thank you SO much for this season guys!! :cheers:

This is the final (not yet official) results for Pokka Super GT / Suzuka 250 km race:

GT500

1. chorda (FL: 1:57.790)
2. Paginas (FL: 1:58.420)
3. JPzer (FL: 1:58.646)
4. Wardez (FL: 1:58.222)
5. OwensRacing (FL: 2:00.260)
6. Joshua1994 (FL: -:--.---, Non points finish)

GT300

1. GTP_Aderrrm (FL: 2:04.591)
2. GTP_Senninha (FL: 2:05.088)
3. Moleman (FL: 2:04.867)
4. RedReevos (FL: 2:05.698)
5. Shrugging_Atlas (FL: 2:06.532)
6. SteelToedSloth (FL: 2:06.528)

Wardez: Can you please update the tables? The results are not yet official, but I have not recieved any incidents report, and by this time, I would have got most of them.

A big round of applaudes for the GT500 overall champion:

JPzer!! :cheers: 👍
And gratz once again to the GT300 overall winner:
Moleman!! :cheers: 👍

Also, congratz to GTP_Aderrrm for a great race at Suzuka /Pokka Super GT 250 km race for the nice win! 👍

Well done!

And, once again: Thank you so much for making this first WSGTC season to one of my best on-line experiance ever! :cheers: :bowdown:

I would like to end my post with something to think about for season numer 2:
Imagine if all of the commited drivers stay, and we also get a bunch of new fast, clean, humble and commited drivers (it looks like it for now) what a freaking awsome season 2 we will have! 👍

Thank all of you who participated once again!!!!

And I would also like to highlite
Masi_23!!! Creator and founder of the WSGTC. Without you, none of us would have got this amazing experiance. Thank you so much! :bowdown:

Best regards
Dennis
Admin/Organizer of the WSGTC.

i agree 100% with you and also thx to you for the great work you and the stewards have done:)👍👍👍

to sum up my own season i would have liked more race wins but 5 podiums in 5 finish races 1 3rd 3 2nd and 1 first place finish. i got 3 pole positions and most important a great and intense battle with fair and fast drivers in every single round of the championship:) thank you all:)

the downside for me was my internet issues:(

Race report:

I'll start with the quali. To catch up to JPzer, I had to take pole, get the fastest lap in, and ofc win the race. And if that was not enough, he had to finish no better than 8th, and also the wolfpack behind me with Wardez, Paginas and nycrom (who sadly did not show) to try to stay ahead of.

The quali:
I watched JPzer put in a 1:58.990 pretty early in the qualifier (If I recall, he was the first one to quali). The time was decent, but not unbeatable. I knew I had a good shot at snatching the pole. I did put in a lot of practice at Suzuka during the season, and I felt confident I'd get a good result. And as soon as you start to dream, (V)reality gets you. On my outlap, I had a spin, in to a wall under the bridge with heavy engine damage, and front right suspention messed up as a result. Crawled around for 2 laps, and got a breathtaking 2:11.747. On top of that, I also got a 5 second penalty for going wide, also under the bridge. Worst possible start for me. But when Wardez took the pole in one of the latest qualis, I actually felt quite good since I did at least not loose any more points up to JP. But since we only had 7 GT500 drivers, my only chance was that JPzer shuld get a major engine damage before reaching 85% completion. Things looked tough.

The race:
Started from my last spot with three main objectives. 1, WIN. 2, Set the fastest lap. 3, try to make life as hard as possible for JP.
I got a good start. I could never had hoped that I'd go from 6th to 2nd in half a lap. Turn 1, Wardez, who gambled with the choice of tyre ran off in T1, making OwensRacing to hit the brakes to not cause any damage. This gave me a nice gap up the inside, and I was now in 4th. I was also concidering to start at Racing Hards as Wardez, but decided in the wery last few seconds prior the start to play it safe. After all, I did put in 2:01-2:02 lap-times in the last few practice laps. So I would not lose that much IF I made the wrong decition. But I think I took the correct decition.

Well up in 4th, I sat behind Paginas and Joshua1994. I felt that I had the pace to overtake, but in the early part of the lap, overtaking is hard. I noticed that JP pulled away, and left quite some gap between him and Joshua1994 who held 2.nd at this moment. Joshua1994 then made a mistake and ended up in the sand after the fast right hander just after 1st Dunlop. And in under the bridge, Paginas made a small mistake. And BAM! I was in 2nd. And all was because of incidents. I have to say that I was really lucky to have climbed 4 positions at this early stage.

Now, chaseing down JP. He had a good pace and I did only gain on him in small steps, but I pulled away from the wolfpack. And after lap 1, I believe that most of the guys behind me (Paginas, Joshua1994, Wardez and OwensRacing) stopped for Slicks. Me and JP kept on driving on inters. And when I had almost caught up with JP after the 2nd lap, he dove in to the pits for slicks. I decided to stay out one more lap. Part because I was not confident enough that the track was dry enough (Still had Wardez T1 in my mind) fors slicks, and since laptimes was not that far apart, I stayed out for one more lap. And also part because of the tyre wear at Suzuka. I was on a 2 stopper (As long as the weather was stable, rain or sun, did not matter as long as it was stable). So each stint was about 15 laps, which is quite much at Suzuka. And when I came out from the pits, I came out between JP and Paginas. Think Paginas gained a second on me during the tyre changing, but I somehow gained about a second on JP. And here we was, 3 guys, about 3 seconds a part. I gained on JP a small bit each lap, and finally caught his slip, pulling me away from Paginas. At this stage I knew I has better tyres, so I pushed to get away from JP. But damn that's hard! From lap 8 I noticed that he had issues with his grip, and when he dove in for new rubber on the 11th lap, I figured, if nothing happens to the weather that he was on a 3 stopper (Not counting the first pit for slicks). Paginas also dissapeared from my rear view, so I assumed he had aslo planed a 3 stopper. I was now alone for a few laps, and ib the end of the stind, from lap 12 and fourth, I started to doubt that my pit strategy was correct. Struggled to lap 15 (14 if I subtract the formation lap), but decided that I had to pit now, and make sure to conserve my tyres during stint number 2. And when I left the pits at lap 16 (15), I came out in the middle of JP and Pagi once again. And at this point, I knew I had the upper hand. And with that confidence, I just stayed close to JP, trying to concerve my tyres for the long stint I had ahead of me. And while staying behind him, I also tryed to help Paginas with some fresh air to catch up with JP. In the beginning, the distance between them was a bit to big for me to both cruice behind JP and also give Paginas some fresh air. But with the confidence I had at that moment, I backed off JP to help Paginas catch up. And it worked like a charm. My tyres was still blue and not worn at all 5 laps in to my 2nd stint. I was pushing JP at the moment to try to push him to a mistake. And at this point Paginas was really close, so I decided to back of and let Paginas push JP, and I could continue with my tyre concervation. And eventually, JP made a mistake, making me and Paginas pull away a decent gap. Probably around 4-5 seconds. And up until this point, my race went really well. Me and Pagi was swaping positions for a few laps, and by lap 21, when Paginas had still not pitted, I was thinking that he would try to change from a 3 to a 2 stopper by staying in my slip. So I decided, since my tyres was much better than his at the moment, that if he did not pit by lap 21, I'll change from the tyre concervation to attack-mode. And when he kept on driving, I went for it down the finish-straight. Turn 1 was flawless, and I quickly got a 3 second lead. And from here on, I started pushing. I knew I had 8 tough laps ahead of me. But the tyres was in good shape at this time. But when alone, they started wearing fast again. But they was in much better shape than during my first stint. I decided to try and stretch the stint as far as possible. And I pitted for some fule and fresh rubber at lap 31, 13 laps left. A much shorter sting than the previous 16 lapper, and things was looking good. I also decided to throw 10 extra litres of fuel in the car since I know that the my AI-pit crew always fuels me up short, especially since I knew I was going to push for fastest lap in the early stages of the final stint which would jump up my fuel consumtion a bit. Dont know if my team manager is mad about fule prices or something. I also had La Sarthe in mind, where I ran out of fuel in the last lap. Did not want my race to end like that.

So at lap 34, I pulled a 1:57.910, and felt confident that it was fast enough. So I just kept on cruising from here at 59's all the way. And since there is no possibility to know exactly how much time I'm ahead of second (Paginas), as long as GTP_Aderrrm was "2nd" I decided to wait with any decitions untl Paginas passed Aderrrm, making it clear to me what my actual gap was. And when he finally passed Aderrrm, I noticed that I was 45 seconds ahead. And I must say that I was really happy when I noticed that the gap stayed consistant. I was back and fourth if I should pit once again for fresh rubber and really go for a even faster lap than the one on lap 34. And I figured that since the gaps between car was quite large (I assumed) at this stage, almost all of the guys would pit for fresh rubber to try and et the fastest lap in. Or at least OwensRacing and Wardez. And I know that they are quick, so I decided to gamble. So by the end of lap 42, I dove in to the pits, giving me 44th and 45th lap as "flyers". My 43rd was just y out lap, and I changed my Brake Balance from 1/4 to 8/6 to try and shorten my braking distances. Lap 44, I tested where I had the limits, and I went for it on lap 45. Not a perfect lap, and with a GT300 car to overtake on the outside in the fast section after the hairpin (probably lost 2/10). But when I crossed the line, the clock said 1:57.790. I eas thinking: "If this lap was not fast enough, I'd eat my shorts"

After my last pit, Paginas went from 45ish behind to 16 behind by the end of lap 43. But when we both had crossed the finishline, the gap was 32 seconds. Don't know if you made a mistake in the end or if your wear was that bad, but that did not matter, my best race ever was completed.

Great race everyone. I know I've only done 4 races (and 1 pre-season), but that one was by far the most enjoyable! GT500's in the middle of everything, a bit of rain, and not knowing what strategy the rest of the GT300 guys were on. Incredible. This leads me to believe that more Mixed Class races should be in WSGTC 2, rather than 4/11!!

The first problem I had was that Mole didn't show up on my little leaderboard thing on the right. He was classed as a lap down on mine. So I never knew where Mole was! :lol: This made me determined to play catch up if you read on... :D

Started off on inters and Mole was up my backside with Hards on and Senninha was going really slow. So I put one down the inside. Me and Mole battled a little with Senninha staying close. Then in within 1 lap, I raced such tight lines first I made Mole go wide at the first corner (who spun again a few corners after that) and then I nearly went wide on the exit of spoon 2 which made Senninha take to the grass, spin and take damage. I was actually really pleased with myself with these :D. I thought my race was complete from then on but then I crashed myself in the same spot 1 or 2 laps later :lol:. I pitted on lap 6, then had 39 laps to the end of race. I figured I should 2 stop (13 laps per stint). I thought Mole would do the same (who was now head of me because he didn't have to pit because of damage) would 2 stop aswell but I think him and Senninha did a 3 stop. On my second stint of Racing Hards I did some really good laps, and at the start of my last stint I was starting to catch up to Mole (thinking he had already done his last pit stop), but as soon as I caught up to him he pitted. :nervous: Well it was very enjoyable not knowing where everyone was and how bad their tyres were going off.

Near the end of the race, I came up to lapping Sloth who started battling with me :odd:. He took a tight line into 130r, ran wide and came storming across the track right in front of me! :scared: Needless to say I kept my foot flat :D. These pictures show how close it was (which is closer than I thought when I watched the replay!):

Click for big

I watched Mole's and Senninha's 10 lap fight at the end of the race aswell - great racing although some of it was a bit dirty. :P

Thank you to everyone for the race. Thank you to everyone for a great season. Congrats to Chorda for his race win. Congrats to Mole for the GT300 title and congrats to JP for the GT500 title. Thanks to Masi and Chorda for organising everything so brilliantly. Roll on Season 2! 👍

Last edited:
Great race everyone. I know I've only done 4 races (and 1 pre-season), but that one was by far the most enjoyable! GT500's in the middle of everything, a bit of rain, and not knowing what strategy the rest of the GT300 guys were on. Incredible. This leads me to believe that more Mixed Class races should be in WSGTC 2, rather than 4/11!!

The first problem I had was that Mole didn't show up on my little leaderboard thing on the right. He was classed as a lap down on mine. So I never knew where Mole was! :lol: This made me determined to play catch up if you read on... :D

Started off on inters and Mole was up my backside with Hards on and Senninha was going really slow. So I put one down the inside. Me and Mole battled a little with Senninha staying close. Then in within 1 lap, I raced such tight lines first I made Mole go wide at the first corner (who spun again a few corners after that) and then I nearly went wide on the exit of spoon 2 which made Senninha take to the grass, spin and take damage. I was actually really pleased with myself with these :D. I thought my race was complete from then on but then I crashed myself in the same spot 1 or 2 laps later :lol:. I pitted on lap 6, then had 39 laps to the end of race. I figured I should 2 stop (13 laps per stint). I thought Mole would do the same (who was now head of me because he didn't have to pit because of damage) would 2 stop aswell but I think him and Senninha did a 3 stop. On my second stint of Racing Hards I did some really good laps, and at the start of my last stint I was starting to catch up to Mole (thinking he had already done his last pit stop), but as soon as I caught up to him he pitted. :nervous: Well it was very enjoyable not knowing where everyone was and how bad their tyres were going off.

Near the end of the race, I came up to lapping Sloth who started battling with me :odd:. He took a tight line into 130r, ran wide and came storming across the track right in front of me! :scared: Needless to say I kept my foot flat :D. These pictures show how close it was (which is closer than I thought when I watched the replay!):

Click for big

I watched Mole's and Senninha's 10 lap fight at the end of the race aswell - great racing although some of it was a bit dirty. :P

Thank you to everyone for the race. Thank you to everyone for a great season. Congrats to Chorda for his race win. Congrats to Mole for the GT300 title and congrats to JP for the GT500 title. Thanks to Masi and Chorda for organising everything so brilliantly. Roll on Season 2! 👍

after i have watched the replay one thin is clear the tyrewear of the MR-S is so much better then the rx7 or maybe it is my drivingstyle. after a 13 lap stint i have under 25% of the blue back in my tires where you have like 40 % so on the first to or three laps we are evenly matched but then you could keep up the pace while i had so much understeer:(
btw my start was very bad i have not driven in the rain online before so did not know what to expect so i just was conservative and tryed to keep up with you and mole which i did until i spun:( but congratulations with the win

MR-S is a fantastic little car. I had d
It picked a league that never came together.

What senninha says is quite true, the MRS is very kind to its tyres - I remember the Celica being the same when Imari drove it. I would pull a lead, only for us to be together at the pit stops because his tyres had lasted much better. I wonder if its a trait of the standard cars? Or maybe the old JGTC cars are better on tyre wear? For example when it was JGTC cars had aerodynamic floors. In Super GT regs, they must be flat - perhaps that plays a part? Just guessing here. Maybe worth some investigating out of curiosity more than anything else.

Also, I had a very buggy pit stop on lap 10, it actually cost me 21 seconds... Otherwise I think it would have been a lot closer (eg I wouldnt have had to pass senn twice, would have been in front of aderrrm after pit stops etc etc) - I drove into the pits, and let go of the controls once past the white line to let the computer take over. Only then did I notice that the car lost power, and was not turning... Instead I still had control, and the car was heading for the barrier... So I drove to my mechanics, thinking it might take over soon. As soon as I reached them, the car 'reset' and put me back at the exit of the chicane... So I gave the pit entry another go, this time it worked ok. Except once my tyres were changed, I was held in my pit box for 6-8 seconds. Almost as if they were filling the car up with fuel - but they actually weren't.

So... Pretty fun, but I don't recommend it :P Although in hindsight it gave me a good battle with senn which I loved, so can't complain too much :P

What senninha says is quite true, the MRS is very kind to its tyres - I remember the Celica being the same when Imari drove it. I would pull a lead, only for us to be together at the pit stops because his tyres had lasted much better. I wonder if its a trait of the standard cars? Or maybe the old JGTC cars are better on tyre wear? For example when it was JGTC cars had aerodynamic floors. In Super GT regs, they must be flat - perhaps that plays a part? Just guessing here. Maybe worth some investigating out of curiosity more than anything else.

Also, I had a very buggy pit stop on lap 10, it actually cost me 21 seconds... Otherwise I think it would have been a lot closer (eg I wouldnt have had to pass senn twice, would have been in front of aderrrm after pit stops etc etc) - I drove into the pits, and let go of the controls once past the white line to let the computer take over. Only then did I notice that the car lost power, and was not turning... Instead I still had control, and the car was heading for the barrier... So I drove to my mechanics, thinking it might take over soon. As soon as I reached them, the car 'reset' and put me back at the exit of the chicane... So I gave the pit entry another go, this time it worked ok. Except once my tyres were changed, I was held in my pit box for 6-8 seconds. Almost as if they were filling the car up with fuel - but they actually weren't.

So... Pretty fun, but I don't recommend it :P Although in hindsight it gave me a good battle with senn which I loved, so can't complain too much :P

my first pitstop was also very bad first when the ps3 took over it drove very slowly then after the pit stop i was not released and when i was released it was directly out in chordas car. then my car drove very slowly and sometimes inside chordas car (if you see the replay you see what i mean) and my car braked when chordas car braked so alot of time lost for me also but not as bad i think...:)

Mini Report:

Started on the stupid rain tyres (bad choice). The rain stop during the formation lap, so i thought i will pit straight away (but didnt know the rules on this). I decided to do a lap on the rain tyres because i didnt want to get a penalty, well it was horrible, the back end just wanted to slide out all the time, plus had no grip what so ever lol.

JP and Chorda had a nice gap on the inters, i pitted after 1st flying lap and wacked the hards on

The 1st lap i was very careful, trying to find the limits, it felt good so started to push abit harder. Few laps in i saw JP pit and then chorda i thought now THE RACE IS ON!

However i made some silly mistakes and droped behind quite abit. I think it was around lap 10 i saw JP's car i thought wow he must of made mistake, but i think it was his tyres just giving up on him. Lap 11 he dived into the pits, i made a very quick decision and followed him, also spining on the grass by the pit lane lol.

Few laps later i saw chorda come out of pits, so it was JP Chorda Me. i think chorda slowed JP down to make me catch up, which was great because the laps before me and JP must of been doing the same time of lap times, i just cudnt catch him lol (thx Chorda).

I got past chorda on the pit striaght and now i was stuck the JP's arse, i got a better run after them S bends up the hill, JP lifted to let me past and bang i was thru, i put everything i cud to get away, which worked because there was a little gap now between me and jp/chorda fighting.

I think JP made a mistake into spoon which then released chorda on nice fresh tyres lol. Im going to call Chorda Prost (the professor). He waited behind for a few laps untill the 1st sector where my tyres cudnt hold on and BANG he just flew away in the distance.

On lap 22 i pitted all alone lol. on the out lap i pushed too hard and spun at the hairpin (ownes might of saw), causing a little bit of damage to my front left, the car didnt feel that bad after but the wheel was shacking to bits on the striaghts which was abit of annoying lol.

Around lap 32 chorda must of pitted as he was behind me and i was on last lap before pit, i spun under the bright nearly taking out Chorda (why didnt i? lol). After pit i was around 45 seconds behind Chorda, watched a lap of sen and mole fighting.

On the last few laps i came past the 1st sector and suddenly i was 16 seconds behind, i got all excited and PUSHED, but after a lap he was i was down 20 secs behind, which put a downer on the mood as i knew he must of pitted of fresh rubber lol

OVERALL great final to season

WELL DONE TO ALL

Awsome battle! 👍

But no one ever thought about sitting back and save some tyres?
I was so afraid of battling someone for a long period at Suzuka. It eats your tyres. And since I was on a 2 stopper, I could not afford it.

Awsome battle! 👍

But no one ever thought about sitting back and save some tyres?
I was so afraid of battling someone for a long period at Suzuka. It eats your tyres. And since I was on a 2 stopper, I could not afford it.

i didnt........
im not so smart:)

Back