::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 6 | Nismo GT (SIGN-UP NOW!) :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 379 comments
I can run faster offline for sure. Heck even my buddy that is a total noob. Literal just got the a ps3. He went big Fanatec Wheel with CPS pedals. Anyway. He set a car up for a old muscle car event we are entering. He did so offline, came online last night and was spinning out. Calls me and asks what is wrong. Got him to work on suspension and viola he was making laps.

Some have went as far to say a totally different physics engine online. That is rumor. No fact to back it up.

he means private lobby online compared to public lobby online

and yes offine is super fast lol

I'm going to have to see. I'd personally trade an extra lap of warming tires than randoms popping in the room. But that's my choice when I'm host lol

I'm going to have to see. I'd personally trade an extra lap of warming tires than randoms popping in the room. But that's my choice when I'm host lol

It's way more than an extra lap.

In 'My Lounge' my tires were still blue and quite cold by the end of 3 laps. My best lap over a few hours was a 1'43.049 on the 3rd lap.

In Open Lobby my tires were up to temperature starting the 3rd lap. When I went into Paginas' room, I did a better lap straight away on the 3rd lap in free run of 1:42.5xx

Try it for yourself... it's definitely a lot different.

It's way more than an extra lap.

In 'My Lounge' my tires were still blue and quite cold by the end of 3 laps. My best lap over a few hours was a 1'43.049 on the 3rd lap.

In Open Lobby my tires were up to temperature starting the 3rd lap. When I went into Paginas' room, I did a better lap straight away on the 3rd lap in free run of 1:42.5xx

Try it for yourself... it's definitely a lot different.

Is my lounge more "realistic" is that why? or is it a bug?

Is my lounge more "realistic" is that why? or is it a bug?

I would say that open lobby is more realistic in terms of warming tires up, having go-karted quite a bit during the winter. Your tires just stay cold for too long in my lounge.

To get your tires fully up to temperate in

Open lobby - about 3-4 laps
My lounge - I haven't tried but probably... 7 or 8?

It should definitely be changed so that both are identical though.

In 'My Lounge' my tires were still blue and quite cold by the end of 3 laps.
It's because your lounge is in England. If you lived in a warmer climate they'd warm up faster.
If you haven't tried then why do you say 7 or 8? :rolleyes:

I must be living in moderate climate because for me the lounge and open lobby seem identical. Offline is of course completely different and much grippier.

I would say that open lobby is more realistic in terms of warming tires up, having go-karted quite a bit during the winter. Your tires just stay cold for too long in my lounge.

To get your tires fully up to temperate in

Open lobby - about 3-4 laps

It should definitely be changed so that both are identical though.

Again, is it supposed to me more realistic/sim? lol If it was, would your opinions change? lol

I guess if it were, the reasoning behind it would be that My Lounge is tailored more toward very organized, private events and Open Lobby is fast, get-in-get-out kind of racing.

Scanny_Flick
is there a room open i can qualify in?

paginas, has your friend deleted yet?? :)

Scanny I got a room open at this time. I had ran to town when you came and went.

It's under the same number as Pag has posted. Same room different host.

Again, is it supposed to me more realistic/sim? lol If it was, would your opinions change? lol

I guess if it were, the reasoning behind it would be that My Lounge is tailored more toward very organized, private events and Open Lobby is fast, get-in-get-out kind of racing.

The one Super GT class that I've been a part of in a lounge, the tyres never warmed up. They stayed a medium blue for 20 laps as they slowly wore down. It was a nightmare.

Really cant figure out that 2secs lol

Well posting here about it repeatedly isn't going to help. If you can identify where you're losing time, then maybe people can give you advice. Given that you couldn't feel the difference between online and offline physics, I think you probably just need more practise. Sorry if that's mean.

On another note, is anyone else here getting Shift 2? I should be getting mine tomorrow as long as the mailman isn't hit by a brick, and it'd be cool to test some online stuff with people I know.

Well posting here about it repeatedly isn't going to help.
This is the first I've spoken of it. I JUST qualified under 2 hours ago..... My guess as of now is my car is not broken in and I am HP gimped atm. Nor am i complaining, simply figuring stats out.

Given that you couldn't feel the difference between online and offline physics, I think you probably just need more practise.

I would absolutely love to know where you are getting this information from. If I mistyped something, I apologize and I will edit that post, but I have never said I could not tell the difference between Offline and Online. I was wondering tyre warm-up differences between Open Lobby and Lounge.

Sorry if that's mean.

Not mean, just get your facts straight.

JPzer
Its the same process has any other car, but you do it with racing : hard. Oh and, you have to tune your car in online mode with tire wear enable, tuning in offline practice mode is very very different then online. For some reason there is much more grip in practice mode.

grafpt
Oh yes lol I found that out in past series. I pretty much only practice in a lounge, never on single player. Thank you for tips. I suppose its the same as soft, just little increments.

I read that as "I had to be told", which was reinforced by you not noticing the difference between Lounge/Lobby. Sorry if that's incorrect.

OwensRacing
Preliminary testing I seen 1:39 and strings of 1:40's

So if your slower then that. Then you will definetly need practice. Hehehe
grafpt
Yup lol Probably my tune. Maybe ill hop in Patronas instead of ENEOS

grafpt
Well, I am going to give petronas a try tomorrow and see. 4-5sec differences are not worth even trying lol my best was 141.5xx. I am getting about 18 laps on my tires.

Sounds like complaining about speed to me. Again, if you can identify your problems so that people can help, cool. If you're just posting that other people are faster than you, I don't see the point to be honest.

In the above quotes you're blaming the tune and the car respectively. Hell, you're blaming it again above by saying that you're down on HP. I'm just trying to suggest that you should keep it constructive, and maybe accept that it's you that needs to improve, rather than the car.

Aderrrm has shown us all that it's possible to be fast in a car that we all thought was a write-off. That's pure driving skill. There's lots of people here who are good drivers who can help you improve.

If you're fine with your pace, then be cool about it. If you want to improve, start asking the right questions.

I read that as "I had to be told", which was reinforced by you not noticing the difference between Lounge/Lobby. Sorry if that's incorrect.

No, I've ran my own series before, back when the game first came out and all things were new. So that's where the "finding out" was from. You read stuff weird if you get that from what was typed.

I would say 70% of my GT5 driving has been done in a Super GT car. I am not worried about my skill by any means. I am very confident I will be a competition on Friday. My biggest gimp was getting used to Hard tires because I never used them before, but I have come accustomed to them. I am pushing that car as fast as I can. But when someone stated a lexus being 530hp and mine is 505, ya I'm going to say HP is a difference this time. So lap grinding it is.

Make sure you got 200 miles on the car. If it's got 500 plus rebuild it.

That might be your issue.

@Imari, my shift 2 got posted yesturday but my postman is slow so i prob wont get it till friday, so yes il play online with u when i get it

@Imari, my shift 2 got posted yesturday but my postman is slow so i prob wont get it till friday, so yes il play online with u when i get it

Sweet. I'm playing Shift 1 now to stop myself endlessly watching videos of other people playing Shift 2. :grumpy::mad:

Aderrrm has shown us all that it's possible to be fast in a car that we all thought was a write-off. That's pure driving skill. There's lots of people here who are good drivers who can help you improve.

This is not to say that aderrrm not is a very good driver i know he is probarbly better ten myself. But about the MR-S i dont think it is a slow car i did some testing and it was as fast and very good to drive(all gt300 are but special like the garayia rx7 and celica) i was close to take it but because i did not have had any of the standard for long i played safe and took the rx-7:) btw in paginas lounge my times was much faster then before(i have always done open lobby) i thougt that was very strange my best before was 1.42,89x and in pagi first try 1.42.45x i did not really think it was a very good lap and then in qualy i made many mistakes on my lap and i thougth it is going t be 1.43.5 and then 1.43.179 btw can anyone send me some gt300 cars i have the premium and standard rx7's and premium garayia and celica if you have the standard garayia i will love you to send it to me:)

Anyone here plan on getting Dirt 3?

I do. I played the hell out of 1 and 2 and loved them both.

But about the MR-S i dont think it is a slow car i did some testing and it was as fast and very good to drive(all gt300 are but special like the garayia rx7 and celica)

The MR-S is not as slow as the stats show - 315 BHP and 1125 kg. If you were to push every one of them to their limits and then see the results the Garaiya and RX-7 would definitely be faster. The MR-S does understeer a little which is where the Garaiya and RX-7 and even the Celica handle better. The MR-S is actually faster by 1.5-2 mph down the Fuji straight though which is why it's probably fast here. The Garaiya, RX-7 and Celica would definitely be faster on a track like Laguna.

I do. I played the hell out of 1 and 2 and loved them both.

The MR-S is not as slow as the stats show - 315 BHP and 1125 kg. If you were to push every one of them to their limits and then see the results the Garaiya and RX-7 would definitely be faster. The MR-S does understeer a little which is where the Garaiya and RX-7 and even the Celica handle better. The MR-S is actually faster by 1.5-2 mph down the Fuji straight though which is why it's probably fast here. The Garaiya, RX-7 and Celica would definitely be faster on a track like Laguna.
yea the rx-7 is so sweet on laguna just love it

Very much so. The stats are not the whole story.

There's something else, probably aero related, that has a large effect. We already found it in the IS350, it's massively slower than equivalent cars for no obviously good reason other than this hidden stat. "Pointy" cars tend to be pretty good, which is what leads me to believe it's aero based. I could be wrong, it could be just a random bollocks number that PD pulled out of their backsides.

Anyway, I agree that the MR-S is decent. It requires a bit more work to get it up to speed, it's got odd handling and the power/torque curve is very odd. It would be better now, when I was originally testing it we still couldn't mod individual gears. Setting the gears correctly for that car would help a lot I would imagine.

I agree that it's ultimately probably not quite as fast as the Garaiya/RX7, but it has other things that make it good. Similar to the Celica, which isn't *quite* as fast as the big two, but it's nice to it's tyres so it often makes big gains at the end of stints. I haven't tyre tested the MR-S, it might have a similar property.

to be honest i think i next season will swith to the celica because of tyre wear but if anyone have the standard garayia and will give it to me have a silver chrome(i know it is not a trading thread but it just never show up i ucd):)

to be honest i think i next season will swith to the celica because of tyre wear but if anyone have the standard garayia and will give it to me have a silver chrome(i know it is not a trading thread but it just never show up i ucd):)

I'll send you one next time I remember, if no one else does before me.

Latest Posts

Back