World War 3

John Bolton Needs to be trailed at the Hague not given power over the most powerful Defence in the world, It's scary to think about.

If Trump Wins the 2020 election and this guy still has his post he will start a WW3 no doubt about it, he gets off on war.

A major conflict is generating in the Middle East. Two tankers are sabotaged in the Persian Gulf and the Straight of Hormuz may be closing, choking off a third of world oil and causing prices to soar. The players for ultimate stakes here are Iran and Israel, with the US and friends fanning the flames.

Prepare now for the absolute worst in Iran.

There will come a time that an enemy will be able to strike back directly at the USA, will the Washington warhawks still find support to keep on bombing the **** out of the Middle East when a major US city burns?

There will come a time that an enemy will be able to strike back directly at the USA, will the Washington warhawks still find support to keep on bombing the **** out of the Middle East when a major US city burns?
There is no Logic with these people, if that did happen they would use it as More justification to be in the Middle East, these people have no Morals, only Wheel Borrows of Money telling them how to think.

Trump has always been all talk. He rarely follows through. However the risk is still very big stuff is going to hit the fan.

Again a problem (pulling out Iran deal) he in a big part created and is not going to be held accountable.

An enemy did strike back, nearly 18 years ago, so I think the answer to your question is a definite yes.

Roo
An enemy did strike back, nearly 18 years ago, so I think the answer to your question is a definite yes.

Yes but that enemy was hiding in a country that was and still kinda is a first class ********, didn’t have an economy, a standing army or any progress at all. Iran is definitely of a different order and if the USA is able to bully the EU out of the talks with Iran, the Ayatollah will go the North Korea route, and probably is already talking with Kim.

John Bolton Needs to be trailed at the Hague not given power over the most powerful Defence in the world, It's scary to think about.

If Trump Wins the 2020 election and this guy still has his post he will start a WW3 no doubt about it, he gets off on war.

Then do your best to ensure Trump doesnt get elected in 2020!

No prizes for guessing where the tanker that definitely wasn't going to Syria has gone. BBC. Bolton (the man, not the town) is agitated. Hopefully the briefing is too long for Trump to act on.

No prizes for guessing where the tanker that definitely wasn't going to Syria has gone. BBC. Bolton (the man, not the town) is agitated. Hopefully the briefing is too long for Trump to act on.
I had no idea the US had offered the captain millions of dollars to hand over the ship. BBC News.

If only they had some sort of deal in place instead of sanctions, then Iran wouldn't be desperate to sell to one of the few buyers who won't pay attention to the ridiculous sanctions. IMO, the US doesn't get to complain about any actions from Iran that are a direct result of the US breaking the nuclear deal and reimposing sanctions.

I had no idea the US had offered the captain millions of dollars to hand over the ship. BBC News.

I'm sure the captain knows full well that it doesn't matter how many millions of dollars you have if you're dead, so he undoubtedly made the right call there.

Never in the history of the Cold War have the US and Russia broken diplomatic relations. Now it seems it may be happening. Breaking diplomatic relations is a major step in devolving to politics by other means, such as open war. The next step may come when Biden decides, in consultation with NATO, what to do about upcoming Russian WMD attacks in Ukraine. The final blow may come when an unjust peace agreement between Russia and Ukraine is ruled out. It may be that a just world war is preferable to an unjust peace.

Do we even have any confirmation or indication of this?
There are indications such as threats and claims, but no positive confirmations, as far as I can see. The most obvious is the threat/claim Russia will attack any suspected biological research laboratories in Ukraine, of which there may be a few. Supposedly the race is on to secure/decommission these facilities. Russia may accidentally/on purpose attack these or a nuclear plant to create the panic and confusion to cover a purposeful release. Biden will be meeting soon in European headquarters to discuss measures to be jointly taken. My pet fear is for the health of the wheat and sunflower fields in the Breadbasket of the World.

Last edited:
Never in the history of the Cold War have the US and Russia broken diplomatic relations. Now it seems it may be happening. Breaking diplomatic relations is a major step in devolving to politics by other means, such as open war. The next step may come when Biden decides, in consultation with NATO, what to do about upcoming Russian WMD attacks in Ukraine. The final blow may come when an unjust peace agreement between Russia and Ukraine is ruled out. It may be that a just world war is preferable to an unjust peace.

Hi, can we please not bump threads with heart-attack inducing titles based solely on conjecture? Please?

Last edited:
Hi, can we please not bump threads with heart-attack inducing titles based solely on conjecture? Please?
I'm sorry if my posts or links such as The New York Times or MSNBC are inducing a heart attack for you. The thread topic is not exactly an Easter egg roll for children. However, I do feel my posts are in keeping with what is spelled out in the OP.

Last edited:
In my humble opinion, the build-up to WWIII (if any) must be a long, slow process, being built up organically like previous world wars. At some stage in these previous wars, diplomatic relations between nations have been severed, if I recall correctly.

Merely for the record and not to induce heart attack in our membership, I note the latest news that Germany and France are expelling Russian diplomats allegedly involved in spying and even murder.

Surely this will not be the straw that breaks the camel's back, but is a new straw in the winds of war.

Another apposite current item of interest is that the world seems to be taking sides in sync with the latest developments in Ukraine - China and India have chosen to side with Russia. Bizarrely, the ruble has been suddenly backed by gold, rebounded in value and prompted major purchases of Russian petroleum by India.

Last edited:
I believe that Russia doesn't possess the military resources to fight a physical war against multiple nations. I think what's more likely is a new cold war where management of nuclear threats takes a primary role alongside economic warfare. China has learned lately how effective Western sanctions can be and because they're in a much more successful position currently than the USSR has ever achieved they're probably not willing to sacrifice that by making any rash decisions. China has the lofty goal of global economic domination which can easily be wiped out within several months of sanctions and economic realignment which I feel many people have forgotten the US's capacity to do so. I also don't think India has decided to "side with Russia" - remember that India has been struggling for years to balance its vast inequalities and to provide enough infrastructure and resources to its people, so their latest measures seem more opportunist than anything. India needs all the resources they can get from wherever they can get them. US-Indian relations are at an all-time high right now and have a huge common goal in countering China's influence. Despite India's purchases of various Soviet resources from fuel to weapons, their military doctrine, capabilities, and societal goals are closely aligned with Western standards.

Last edited:
I believe that Russia doesn't possess the military resources to fight a physical war against multiple nations. I think what's more likely is a new cold war where management of nuclear threats takes a primary role alongside economic warfare. China has learned lately how effective Western sanctions can be and because they're in a much more successful position currently than the USSR has ever achieved they're probably not willing to sacrifice that by making any rash decisions. China has the lofty goal of global economic domination which can easily be wiped out within several months of sanctions and economic realignment which I feel many people have forgotten the US's capacity to do so. I also don't think India has decided to "side with Russia" - remember that India has been struggling for years to balance its vast inequalities and to provide enough infrastructure and resources to its people, so their latest measures seem more opportunist than anything. India needs all the resources they can get from wherever they can get them. US-Indian relations are at an all-time high right now and have a huge common goal in countering China's influence. Despite India's purchases of various Soviet resources from fuel to weapons, their military doctrine, capabilities, and societal goals are closely aligned with Western standards.
India is probably hedging (a bit less than China though) in regards to Russia as it cannot really afford to cut them off. If literally forced to choose a side, I would be surprised if they sided with Russia.

Some tidbits from Wikipedia:

Fiona Hill, Russian expert and advisor for several Republican and Democratic US administrations, most recently for Donald Trump, has stated in regards to the war in Ukraine and a global conflict: "We are already in the middle of a World War III, whether we have fully grasped it or not."[79]

In an interview with NBC News anchor Lester Holt, Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy argued that with Russia's invasion of Ukraine, "nobody really knows whether it may have already started [World War III]."[80] Later, in an interview with CNN's Fareed Zakaria, he claimed that failure to directly negotiate with president Putin "would mean that this is a third World War".[81]

From Wikipedia entry on WWIII:

Main article: 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine
On 24 February 2022, Russia's president Vladimir Putin ordered a large-scale invasion of Ukraine, marking a major escalation of the Russo-Ukrainian War that began in 2014. The invasion has been described as the largest military conflict in Europe since World War II.[59] The invasion received widespread international condemnation, including new sanctions imposed on Russia, which notably included Russia's ban from SWIFT and the closing of all Western airspaces to Russian planes.[60] Moreover, both prior to and during the invasion, some of the 30 member states of NATO have been providing Ukraine with arms and other material support.

On 27 February, president Putin, who had already threatened about the nuclear arsenal of his country before the beginning of the invasion,[61][62] ordered Russian nuclear deterrent forces on high alert,[63][64] amid tensions with NATO over Ukraine.[65][66][67] The United States, seeking a de-escalation, decided not to increase their nuclear alert system;[68] on the following day, president Joe Biden stated that "Americans should not be worried about a nuclear war".[69][70] On 2 March, Russia's foreign affairs minister Sergey Lavrov said that "if World War III were to take place, it would involve nuclear weapons and be destructive".[71][72] On 5 March, President Putin described a decision by the West to impose unprecedented sanctions against his regime as "akin to declaring war".[73] On 11 March, Biden proclaimed that while the United States would, as part of NATO, "defend every single inch of NATO territory with [its] full might", NATO would not "fight a war against Russia in Ukraine", as such "direct conflict between NATO and Russia is World War III, something we must strive to prevent".[74]

Various experts, analysts and others have described the crisis as a close call to a third world war,[75][76][77] while others have suggested the contrary.[78] Fiona Hill, Russian expert and advisor for several Republican and Democratic US administrations, most recently for Donald Trump, has stated in regards to the war in Ukraine and a global conflict: "We are already in the middle of a World War III, whether we have fully grasped it or not."[79] In an interview with NBC News anchor Lester Holt, Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy argued that with Russia's invasion of Ukraine, "nobody really knows whether it may have already started [World War III]."[80] Later, in an interview with CNN's Fareed Zakaria, he claimed that failure to directly negotiate with president Putin "would mean that this is a third World War".[81] On 14 April, Israeli historian Yuval Noah Harari described the war in Ukraine as "the most dangerous moment in world history since the Cuban missile crisis".[82]

Russia has sent a formal demarche to the US, demanding it stop sending weapons to Ukraine. They warn of attacking US weapons shipments and unpredictable consequences. Escalation into something truly terrible seems 99% unavoidable at this point.

Latest Posts

Back