Would you rather?

• Thread starter motortrend
  • 22,046 comments
European market Nissan vs 'Murican market Nissan.

ROUND 1:
Nissan Sentra
1280px-Nissan_Sentra_--_09-08-2009.jpg

vs
Nissan Almera
Nissan_Almera_front_20071212.jpg

ROUND 2:
Nissan Maxima
2004-2006_Nissan_Maxima_3.5SE.jpg

vs
Nissan Primera
Nissan_Primera_Sedan_2001.jpg

I'd take American Nissans any day of the week, European Nissans are dreary, and besides, i didn't state what 2004 Nissan Sentra it could be exactly, it could be the SE-R Spec V for all i know.

For both rounds, I'm picking the American Market ones. They both look less dull than the Euro market cars.

I see some Wangan Midnight reference.

No, I wasn't even thinking about that. Not at all.

I was just thinking about the 1970s equivalent of the popular "GT-R vs. Corvette vs. 911" comparison. It also felt like an interesting classic "Japanese vs. American vs. European" comparison of sports cars, or a classic "Tuner vs. Muscle vs. Exotic" comparison. (I know the Corvette is not really a muscle car, but anyway...well, the thing is if I used a genuine muscle car for "American" or "Muscle", it just sounds like a fundamentally different car to the other two, something with less emphasis on handling and significantly more emphasis on massive amount of horsepower) I also thought of choosing the KPGC10-gen. Skyline 2000GT-R for "Japanese", but I thought that due to its rarity in most countries and the fact that most likely people who would reply never had the KPGC10 sold in their country, it will cause an inevitable bias of perceived superior attractiveness for the car. Hence why I went with the 240Z for "Japanese" instead of a 1970s GT-R. I also wanted to make sure the horsepower differences are around 50bhp or less, hence why I chose that particular C3 Corvette, instead of a C3 Corvette that makes more than 300bhp.

Mercedes-Benz SLK32 AMG vs Pontiac GTO 6.0 Coupe; the GTO. I like the Supercharger whine and the 6.0 Coupe is beastly.

Pontiac G8 GXP vs Dodge Charger SRT-8; the G8, it's the better looking sedan and it's better in the corners than the Charger.

Honda Integra Type R DC5

Best Of Nations - New Hypercars

France: Bugatti Veyron
UK: Aston Martin One-77
Germany: Porsche 918 Spyder
Italy: Ferrari LaFerrari
Sweden: Koenigsegg Agera R
America: Hennessey Venom GT

Back