~WrxScooby's Subies~ NEW Subaru Ascent

• Thread starter WrxScooby
  • 329 comments
Nice work! I had an '04 Legacy 30R for a while. I loved it, it had an STI 6speed, Blitzen wheels and a full leather Blitzen interior. Legacy's are great, as our Impreza's. Nice :)

Very nice family you've got there :) Also, you've got some quality pictures :D I my self am looking to buy a Subaru, if I get lucky, I'll be sure to show you guys!

Thanks, I have really been enjoying it gonna post a in car ride around sometime soon.

Just bought a JDM V8 IHI Twinscroll VF37 turbo, with TS Headers, and custom up pipe. :)

Made some additions

2005 WRX Wagon Stage 2

Full Invidia N1 Race TBE

Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

Cobb Stage 2 Tune

Launch Control

Enkei EV5 18x7.5 +44

Federal SS 595's

STi TMIC

a2e8fb7d-6fa2-4e72-b825-9f2998f58932_zps4c124708.jpg

2009 Legacy GT 2.5 Limited
Painted rims and emblems black
Stock

658c70ea-da24-41d8-bcb1-11da8d54d77e_zps75ed88e0.jpg

file_zpsc6e6a2fd.jpg

file_zpse9becbc7.jpg

file_zps9ec1cbf8.jpg

file_zps8a51edc8.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome WRX. How do you like the Invidia? I hear they're super loud... that is far from a bad thing... but for long drives how is it?

^ That last shot looks so professional.

Im thinking about trying some different hangers myself it sits a little close, so it has touched a few times.

Also as we discussed in my thread, you will want to move your Nvidia muffler about an inch to the right and move it down about 3/4". Otherwise I will for sure melt your paint and your bumper. I can tell by the pic it is already melting your paint. That's the last thing you want to happen on such a nice car.

Problem with the hangers is its so hard to know what you need to move it just over and just down by less then a inch. I wouldn't know where to start. I have had it on there for coming up on a year now and that's all it's done.

Last edited:
I would take it to an exhaust shop and have them locate the muffler into the proper position. Even if you could at least move it over to the right so it was centered, that would put it further away from the top part of where the muffler is hitting.Should not be expensive at all. VERY easy to do.

I might go after it this weekend, I also have to go and get some chips filled in my windshield, and the legacy gt needs new front brakes.

My main issue is I have the knowledge of how everything works and what everything's purposes are but I don't have hardly any wrench time. So in theory I know how it's suppose to go together but in cars there are so many "tricks" as im sure you know by now to putting them together and that can only be learned with time. Which is kinda where I am, my best friend is a master scooby tech so he has done all the work to my car with me at his aid so I can try and pick things up. That's the other reason I stopped my build that was gonna push me into the high 300whp range with a 2.2L stroker kit with all the fixin's, I had all the parts but just before it went in I decided it wasn't the smartest thing to do right now. Now I'm just 2 parts away from the basic STi swap, just need the turbo and injectors, I have the Cobb ap for tuning.

So things that are considered "easy" are impossible for me cause one don't have the hands on know how and two I have no tools haha. I'm 23 with a condo and no garage so I couldn't work on my car if I wanted too...

That's understandable. I was in that situation for many years working outside in the weather. Now I have a garage but also my neighbor owns a shop that works on cars. So that's just wonderful. You said your friend helped you so he should have no problem moving the muffler over to the right about an inch.

You also mentioned chips in your windshield. I have been driving for many many years and never get chips in my windshield. Got the WRX and seriously the first day the window got a couple chips. Could not believe it. Even the RS Subaru we have never got a single chip in the windshield. I wonder if it is something with the STI hood scoop that causes chips, or just bad luck. For now I am just going to let the chips accumulate then eventually repair them myself or have them repaired.

Last edited:
I live in a place where the roads are terrible plus they love to drop cinders with half a inch of snow... Its a constant battle to keep your car nice here. Subarus are also known for having weak paint when it comes to road debris.

I actually visited Flagstaff about 8+ years ago. Thought about moving there. Your weather and road conditions in Flagstaff are almost identical to Michigan. Its not uncommon to get 12 inches of snow or more over night during the winter. Believe me I feel your pain. In fact its one of the ONLY reasons I own 2 Subarus, because of the winter. AWD is almost a must in certain times of the winter in Michigan.

Yup and thats why we own 2 as well best cars for the area, my lady is from Michigan place called Iron River I believe. I want to take a trip up there looks gorgeous.

Bad News to report today. Yesterday morning my WRX was struck by a larger dark colored vehicle, they decided not to leave any information leaving me with the bill. Gotta love people, this was the first accident my car has ever experienced.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Even more sorry that the idiots left the scene. At least its only minor damage but silver can still be very hard to match. Hopefully you have a very good paint shop doing the repairs.

Oh btw your exhaust adjustment turned out perfect!!! Cant believe I missed that post after I provided the suggestions.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Even more sorry that the idiots left the scene. At least its only minor damage but silver can still be very hard to match. Hopefully you have a very good paint shop doing the repairs.

Oh btw your exhaust adjustment turned out perfect!!! Cant believe I missed that post after I provided the suggestions.

Yeah as of right now I am gonna be looking for a rear ended Impreza/RS/WRX/STi in Crystal Grey Metallic and take their front fenders, it was something I wanted to do a long time ago and just never had the excuse to do it. It looks much better imo and suppose to just drop right in, the added bonus is they are wider fenders and my wheels would stop rubbing on those big bumps. If I cant find those then I will just have to bite the bullet buy a new fender and get it paint matched. Until then though I have a band aid on the way.

This wagon was my exterior goal when I got mine. He has the STi Scoop, STi splitters, a drop, and the sedan fenders. The only other thing I am going to add is STi fog light covers.
Sedan Fenders on wagon
4257995088_05f62e7b7e.jpg

Rounded Fenders

WRXWagonHDR2013 by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

Last edited:
Oh yeah that would look sick. Killer idea and as you said, it would also be functional. I never realized the station wagon had different fenders than the coupes. (RS/WRS/STI)

Oh yeah that would look sick. Killer idea and as you said, it would also be functional. I never realized the station wagon had different fenders than the coupes. (RS/WRS/STI)

Yup its subtle difference but once you notice, its a big difference in aggression appearance.

If you decide to drop the car I would go with coilovers for sure. My WRX has a 1" drop using Prodrive lowering springs. But the ride is a little stiff. If you went with coilovers you could dial in the exact stance you need AND still have a nice ride. I just installed coil overs on my 69 Camaro and the ride is just unbelievable now. So nice. I would like to eventually run coil overs on my WRX.

:ouch: That's a nasty hit! I sincerely hope nothing was damaged under the skin, chassis work is expensive.

I take it nobody saw/reported the accident? Have you informed the police and are you going to go through insurance? Nobody should have to cough up to fix their own pride and joy when some idiot bangs it up.

I like the sedan fenders by the way, it's a subtle change but makes it look a lot more tough 👍

Back