WSCC 1° Super GT300 & GT500 - ***COMPLETED***

• Thread starter gippone
  • 217 comments
My Garaiya felt perfect today, too bad I couldn't use that. Sorry for the hit turbogeit.

I was very embarrassed. I was braking early in order not to run into Gprili but perhaps too early and that may have surprised you. No problem.

Great GT500 race today. We were only 7 at the start but nevertheless it was exciting.

The pack stayed very close at the beginning and in lap 10 the top 3 was still inside 2.5 seconds. Then I had a contact with Shrugging at the hairpin. Not knowing whose fault it was, I decided to wait for him, in order not to get a penalty in case the replay would show it was my fault. I prefered to lose 10 to 15 second in stead of a possible 30 sec. penalty in case it was my fault. Edit: Just saw the replay. Don't think it was my fault, but never mind. In a battle with S_A and C_M, 99% chances that I would have ended in 3th position, just as I did now.
That put us, at the exit of our piststop at the end of that lap at 15 seconds behind Calum_McHale. Shrugging managed to close the gap in the second half of the race and to take the lead in lap 19. I couldn't close the gap, but lost only 4 more seconds on first position.

My conclusion: great race. I was satisfied that I was able to keep the pace with the real fast guys. I had some better results, but think this was nevertheless one of my best races ever. Thank S_A for that exciting battle. But what does your pit crew put into your car that permits you to do always such a fast second part of the race?

Then I had a contact with Shrugging at the hairpin. Edit: Just saw the replay. Don't think it was my fault, but never mind.
According to my replay your front end hit my rear quarterpanel in the slight bend just before the hairpin as I was getting on the brakes, sending me on the grass and into a spin, so I would disagree. Irrelevant anyway as we rejoined together but it is an impossible place to pass unless one car really messes up the exit of the prior corner which I don't think happened.

Thank S_A for that exciting battle. But what does your pit crew put into your car that permits you to do always such a fast second part of the race?
It's octane booster :D Fuel load and some breathing room helps.

According to my replay your front end hit my rear quarterpanel in the slight bend just before the hairpin as I was getting on the brakes, sending me on the grass and into a spin, so I would disagree. Irrelevant anyway as we rejoined together but it is an impossible place to pass unless one car really messes up the exit of the prior corner which I don't think happened.

I surely didn't want to say you made a fault. And your message starts with the right words According to my replay. After watching the replay and reading your answer, I had a doubt, exactly the same I had when looking at another replay of the GT300 race I saw and I asked another player to put his replay of the incident on youtube.

Concerning our incident that doubt was: the touch I see in my replay is too light to have such consequences. In my replay, my front does not hit your rear, we are really side by side (you have an advance of about 50 - 80cm. What I also see is that in my replay, I am completely at the right of the road, while in the other replay I slide about 50-60 cm to the middle of the road. Other strange thing: In the race, and in the other replay your missing of the previous corner was much more clear than in my replay.

What I conclude about that concerning that incident : When I see my replay, I maintain I didn't make a fault there, when I see the other replay, I am not 100% sure about that. What is clear is that the touch I see in my replay cannot explain you went of, but the touch I see in the other replay can explain that

What I conclude about data transfer: Apparently, the data transfer by internet is not perfect. I believe the data concerning car position is a little simplified what means that for the different drivers are not at 100% the same position on our different PS3 systems. That could explain also that in another incident, I got two replays, one in which cars seem to touch and another in which they are at about 10-15 com but do not touch.

What I conclude about data transfer: Apparently, the data transfer by internet is not perfect. I believe the data concerning car position is a little simplified what means that for the different drivers are not at 100% the same position on our different PS3 systems. That could explain also that in another incident, I got two replays, one in which cars seem to touch and another in which they are at about 10-15 com but do not touch.

I think you are correct. Looks like a total failure of the online play feature in GT5. Shame on Polyphony and PSN. My replay clearly shows contact which unsettled my car. Your replay shows no contact. Time to look at iRacing I guess.

I think you are correct. Looks like a total failure of the online play feature in GT5. Shame on Polyphony and PSN. My replay clearly shows contact which unsettled my car. Your replay shows no contact. Time to look at iRacing I guess.

To be clear: I am speaking of two different incidents

1) GT500: both replays show contact, but the contact is not 100% the same. Seems heavier in the other replay I saw than in my own replay. Especially, the back of my car seems to behave differently in the 2 replays.

2) a GT300 incident: 1 replay (you tube video seems to show a contact) another shows the cars very close, but no contact, although one of the cars seems to behave as if there was a minor contact.

I don't know what iRacing is.

My opinion: GT5 is not perfect, but nevertheless, races are exciting and I think we have to accept the imperfections of the game.

The most important thing about our incident is that it didn't ruin your race and I especially retain the fact that you did a tremendous second part of the race in which you closed a gap of over 12 seconds to the leader and put me at 18 seconds although my pace was faster than in the first half of the race. Do you remember which laptimes you were turning during the second half of the race?

To be clear: I am speaking of two different incidents
Understood
2) a GT300 incident: 1 replay (you tube video seems to show a contact) another shows the cars very close, but no contact, although one of the cars seems to behave as if there was a minor contact.
I sent you a reverse cam video of the same incident clearly showing contact from behind sending my car into a near spin. Clearly each PS3 sees car positions slightly differently. Not sure if the host sees the "truest" version.

I don't know what iRacing is.
A PC based racing game built around online play, apparently much more robust.

The most important thing about our incident is that it didn't ruin your race and I especially retain the fact that you did a tremendous second part of the race in which you closed a gap of over 12 seconds to the leader and put me at 18 seconds although my pace was faster than in the first half of the race. Do you remember which laptimes you were turning during the second half of the race?

I was doing 1:55's, got fastest lap 1:55.1. I was motivated to win after being robbed in the last corner of the GT300 race.

Back