WSCC 1° Super GT300 & GT500 - ***COMPLETED***

• Thread starter gippone
  • 217 comments
What a race at Le Mans in the GT500! Gprili and I were swapping the lead for 11 1/2 laps until he outbraked himself 1/2 lap from finish. My shirt was soaking wet!

As for the GT300 race at my favorite track Laguna Seca, oh well... All I'm going to say is I finished just 0.2 sec behind the winner teeds in spite of all the 'help' I received on Lap 8...

EDIT: The 2nd incident (boshuter's Celica rear-ending my MR-S in corkscrew) was caused by the invisible car bug. boshuter could not see my car in the race. Hopefully we can avoid this in the future by ensuring there are no ghosts/invisible cars before the race.

Last edited:
What a race at Le Mans in the GT500! Gprili and I were swapping the lead for 11 1/2 laps until he outbraked himself 1/2 lap from finish. My shirt was soaking wet!

Indeed!! I was sweating like never before :scared: (sorry Atlas if I hitted you couple of times.. at the end I was shattered :rolleyes:)
I'm uploading the videos of the GT500 right now on youtube, I'll post them as soon as ready (3/4 hours) 👍

Sorry I really couldn't make it last night. :S

no prob :) I will upload also the GT300 movie!! Great battle also with me (but then I screwed my tyres...), Atlas and Teeds!!

Comments about the races:

GT300: I was what you could call "collateral damage" of a lap 1 incident when I couldn't avoid a car that spinned in front of me. It made me loose about 17 seconds, what is close to the time I was away from the podium at the end of the race. But ok, that are things that happen. For the rest, my race was perfect.

GT500: perfect race until the end of lap 6. Although I was not very fast in my NSX, I was 200% clean, what permitted me to go from last to 3d position, when others made mistakes. And then it went completely wrong: I couldn't find the pit entrance and got stuck for about 25 seconds. After that, I couldn't do any clean lap... Race to forget as soon as possible.

News flash:

In order to be there at the right moment, check your timezone

@gippone: can you add that message to the first page.

- We had again a "invisible car issue". So we will do next time a visibility check before qualifying starts. That means everybody should be on track at least 15 minutes before race start hour.

There is already on the first page a reference for the timezone choosen:

GT300 on Thursday Evenings at 8:30pm UTC/9:30pm MET/3:30pm EST (open lounge) - 9pm UTC/10pm MET/4pm EST (race)

GT500 on Thursday Evenings at 10pm UTC/11pm MET/5pm EST (open lounge) - 10:30pm UTC/11:30pm MET/5:30pm EST (race)

http://www.timezonecheck.com/ for reference

results and standings updated on main page thread

gprili (me :ouch:) has been penalized +30 seconds for hitting Shrugging_Atlas without give him his position back

Hey! I'd like to enter.

GTP: sugarglider661
PSN: neptune35
Class: GT500
Car: Nissan Woodine Advan Clarion GT-R '08

Sadly, won't be able to make EVERY race. But on the 23rd I'll be able to. :)

signed you up for GT500! 👍 you will receive an invitation to join our social club from turbogeit and also a friendship request onto PSN :)

I won't join this week also. I had to study a lot last week and this week my girlfriend is demanding for some attention ;). Sorry guys :S.Next week I'll sure join you for the last race ;)

updated the laps number for tomorrow races

GT300 - Monaco - 25 Laps
GT500 - Daytona Road Course - 22 Laps

Here just to remind that we have 2 spots free for tonight GT500 race.

If someone is interested please sign-up and join our club 👍

there's an update for the PS3 firmware 3.66 (you'll need 10/15 minutes to run it)

Last edited:
updated the laps number for tomorrow races

GT300 - Monaco - 25 Laps
GT500 - Daytona Road Course - 22 Laps

Oh no! Again Monaco after yesterdays disaster. I reserve the last place on grid and in the final result.

Oh no! Again Monaco after yesterdays disaster. I reserve the last place on grid and in the final result.

Lol...... I'm actually glad we ran it yesterday. That was the first time in a long while I'd driven that track. At least now I have it fresh in memory. :)

I'm more worried about the Daytona race, I never liked that track and just don't practice it enough; I'll just cruise through that one.

Louge is open.

Important: there were some issues yesterday with cars ghosting when they did not follow the expected raceline and others cars passing through them.

To avoid that I have set penalties to "none" for the first race. Anyway, the low level only gives penalties for cutting, which is impossible here.

For the second race, I will put it on because of the chicane.

Good racing tonight.

In the GT300 Monaco race teeds was unstoppable. Calum, Atlas and Gprili had some good fights but clean passing is oh so difficult on this track. At the end I was 2s/lap quicker than Calum in an identical car mostly due to better tirewear and still couldn't get by cleanly. I actually passed Calum twice but each time I felt there was too much pushing involved so I backed off and took 3rd.

The GT500 Daytona Road race saw a virtually non-stop 3-way battle for the lead between Cobrius, Atlas and Calum. I couldn't shake them with the massive slipstream behind me plus made a few mistakes and had to play catch-up. BTW I just watched the replay and the reason Cobrius lost time in the pits was because he flew in too fast and got returned to pit entry. Calum and Atlas slowed down before pit entry and didn't suffer the same fate. On the last lap I finally managed to break the slipstream and took the checkered flag.

Last edited:
Am I allowed to switch cars? :indiff: That Subaru had terrible understeer yesterday.
You can get rid of the understeer by adjusting the center differential torque distribution toward the rear axle. I think the the default for the Subaru is something like 40/60 Front/Rear torque distribution and it allows for adjustment up to 10/90 which makes the car almost rear wheel drive.

I don't think anyone has been allowed to switch cars in GT300, everyone had the chance to test and pick carefully but it's Turbogeit's or Gippone's call.

results and standings updated in the main thread

CONGRATULATIONS to teeds and Shrugging_Atlas respectively,
for winning the GT300 & GT500 category with one race to go!!

:cheers:

Last edited:
Gt5-Fan
PSN: Excistor
Class: GT500
Car: Honda Takata Dome ( Dealership Car )

you're in for the final race in GT500 👍

Sorry guys I'll have to skip this again. Won't make it home on time for the race :S

Back