WSCC - Corvette GT2 Le Mans Intercontinental Cup - Monday Evenings

• Thread starter turbogeit
  • 452 comments
Sorry, I just arrived at home (was 2 days without internet).
No idea of laptimes.

I won't be able to go online before 10pm CET.

So I suggest, gippone, that you do the testing and determine on the base of your best laptime, the number of laps, starting from the idea that the race must las 1h+ 1lap.

Thanks in advance. I have a very busy week.

Ok.. I already did

:) you can setup it at 34 laps

Jav
Guys I'd like to participate on today's race, what would I need to join as a guest racer for the day?

We have already 18 or 19 sign-ups. So two more sign-ups could be a problem.

I suggest you look at 10:55pm CET and if there are less then 14 cars, you can come in. Same for Cobrius.

Well I can't compete tonight, I've come down with a stomach bug and I don't think it's going away any time soon.

You are signed-up from the beginning, so you can participate. It is in my lounge, like usual.

i saw that it was 9pm gmt but been on gt5 and says your not online, wondering if you can clarify the time it will begin?

many thanks :)

Lounge is open

Remember: drivers that were not signed up cannot enter lounge before 10:55pm CET - 9:55pm London time. And they can only enter if not more than 14 drivers are in the lounge.

gave it another go but im afraid the series isnt for me. well organised though, i especially like the starting order :)

Dropped out around lap 22. Started getting frustrated that I kept getting slung out into the open grass from drafting.

This was also my final race as I cant make the LeMans. Look forward too (if) theres a season 2!

You must know, that in addition to falling out of the lead on lap 33 due to running out of fuel, I pitted, put 3 litres in and ironically crossed the finish line out of fuel, again!

You must know, that in addition to falling out of the lead on lap 33 due to running out of fuel, I pitted, put 3 litres in and ironically crossed the finish line out of fuel, again!

3 litres for 1 lap (6 km): I think in real world racing a Corvette needs more to do 1 lap on Daytona.

Result round 5: Daytona Road

1. MindlessRiff (10)
2. Gprili (6) - 16.5 sec
3. G8_Mad3 (4) - 16.6 sec
4. Scanny_Flick (3) - 17.8 sec
5. Twogirls1Joe (2) - 51.5 sec
6. boshuter (1) - 1:05
7. turbogeit (1) - 1:09
8. Smalldave (1) - 2:29 - out of fuel
9. Joao - out of 180 sec

DNF: Joshua1994 - Rayroocroft - FLSurffishers

Nobody seems to have noticed that I chose deliberately an American track on the 4th of July...

Sorry guys, but I can't make the race today. :( I have a football (American) camp that I have to go to an hour after race start and need time to get ready before it.

Hi guys,

For the final race we will do 22 laps.

A full lap of warm-up. Overtaking allowed at the Dunlop Bridge in lap 2.

I didn't have the time to calculate the startgrid (preparing my summer holidays that start... tomorrow morning). So I suggest we have a qualifying session that starts 15 minutes before the race.

I won't make the race either guys, travelling back from the nurburgring where I was working over the weekend. Thought I would be home in time but I'm still 2 hours from home :(

turbogeit
What did you have to do there as a job?

I am the brake engineer for Renault's works truck racing team in the FIA European Championship (I work as a design & development engineer for a company who manufacture brakes for trucks and buses, Renault Trucks are one of our big customers and we sponsor their race team)

Well how did the race turn out? I got DC'd on about lap 5, my internet was completely down here. :ouch: I was really looking forward to this race too.

Not sure what was going on at the beginning of the race, every time I got to a chicane there were cars ghosting in and out, seems like a lot of corner cutting was going on.

picture.php

One of the greatest battles ever with Mindless and JOE 👍
Congrats JOE, I think you put a lot of fuel in the first stop and then did a very fast second right? :) Cool strategy!!

I put more fuel in the first stop and less in the second so I kept distance with Mindless although we have entered the pits together for the second stop :)

Cool race last night! Especially the middle part, like a 3 or 4 lap 3 way battle for the lead, doesn't get much better than that in racing lol. Just wanna apologise to Fish for the contact after Mulsanne, caused you to spin basically, and not sure if I hit Turbo a couple of times. I think that long slow parade lap messed me up somehow cause my first few laps were pretty bad so, yeah lol :)

Short filled at the first stop so I could be in that amazing battle fortunately :P good solid laps battling with little/no mistakes. Great :) then I had to have my long fuel stop and started making errors again lol. Weirdly I added more fuel than suggested and still ran out at the last chicanes last lap

Back