WSCC - Corvette GT2 Le Mans Intercontinental Cup - Monday Evenings

• Thread starter turbogeit
  • 452 comments
hey turbo I'm happy to see that our times are perfectly in line with the real ones you can see here 👍

Glad to see that, great.
The idea was to create a realistic high power series.
Tests were done on Le Mans with the 2010 GT2 specs. It showed that hard tyres were the most realistic option.

I'm sorry but again I'll have to miss on this event. I'll sure joint thursday for the last GT300 race. Again, sorry guys.

10PM UK time, it says 9PM GMT, then tells you UK is currently on GMT+1 with daylight saving. It does tell you enough in the first post, there shouldn't be to much confusion.

10PM UK time, it says 9PM GMT, then tells you UK is currently on GMT+1 with daylight saving. It does tell you enough in the first post, there shouldn't be to much confusion.

Ah cool stuff. Well I'm pretty sure I have down syndrome most of the time, so yeah, something simple to a normal person turns out to be a what the **** moment for me.

Result of race 4 - Nurburgring 24h

1. Gprili (10)
2. boshuter (6) at 1:09
3. turbogeit (4) at 1:44
4. FlSurffishier (3) at 1:55
5. Sientex (2) at 2:07
6. G8R_Mad3 (1) at 2:30
7. Scanny_Flick (1) at 2:50

DNF (disconnected): Dragonistic - MindlessRiff

Great race. Unfortunately, the top 2 got disconnected around halfway.

As usual, 1 stop was faster than 2 stops (my 4th lap was only 12-14 sec. slower than a fast lap, so a second stop would have cost about 20 sec. more.

Some drivers arrived too late, when race already started. Please try to come in time guys.

It was a great shame for myself and Riff, but as we said in the chat sometimes things just don't go your way, hopefully I can shake this before Wednesday so I can have a go at winning something! :lol:

The GT gods do not like me right now, have mercy! Good race though for the 4.5 laps I got.

It was a great shame for myself and Riff, but as we said in the chat sometimes things just don't go your way, hopefully I can shake this before Wednesday so I can have a go at winning something! :lol:

The GT gods do not like me right now, have mercy! Good race though for the 4.5 laps I got.

As I said in the lounge: next time more chance.

There are moments like that. For example, two weeks ago, I won three races in 8 days (and I seldom win!) and last week I didn't have any decent race.

Don't worry, luck will come back.

Today, I got kicked out of a corner in lap 1 (no problem, that just happens) and lost time in lap 2, when I put a wheel on the grass. Result: position 9/9, but from then on, everything was just perfect, with some great positions fights too.

Same thing happend to me in another series last week, I was in 4th and only 3 laps to go and got disconnected, was still logged in to psn though.

I hooked my dsl modem directly to my ps3 after that and am now getting NAT1, hopefully that will eliminate the problem in the future.

I think I might turn up next week anyway, as it's a track I don't see often and I've just ran some laps with G8R and it feels like a good combo. Sarthe for 90 mins? Sounds like it'll end up being a lonely 90 minutes for me a bit long for my liking with nothing to race for either doing well on a podium or miles away with damage :lol:. I'd just need a bit more motivation to race for a whole 90 mins, looking forward to Daytona though which is worth staying in for to me 👍.

I'm not hugely bothered about not finishing again, what does bother me though is that I don't know why this non-pit glitch happens... Used to think it was to do with typing just before a race start during countdown, but I made sure not to do that this time so it's not that. It's happened outside of this Championship as well, so it's not you guys either :P Experienced no lag while racing or during countdown AFAIK. I cleared the cache right before I joined the lobby too, me puzzled! :x

Usually when this happens whenever I return to the lobby the track doesn't reload and I get a black loading screen, frozen as well, including when watching which is why I dropped about 5 mins before the start and 5 before the end when watching, maybe it is just erratic connection cause I'm on wireless, but it was perfect yesterday. If it happens at Daytona then I'm gonna cry lol jk ;)

Was fun while it lasted anyways, had no idea how close I was because no split times showed due to the pit glitch, but hey, **** happens!

Just an innocent question, gprili do you work for PD? Haha, just messin ;) good driving!

Yeah did it just before I joined the room.

No idea then, seeing as you're on a Homehub like me as well it doesn't make much sense if it's a connection issue, have you set your Homehub to recognise your PS3 as a PS3, I've done that amongst other things.

This time plugged the modem directly into the PS3. Definitely reduced lag, though not sure what NAT I had.

Ok, got a question, Boshunter, Gprili: How in the heck did you guys blow by me on that last straight? How are you set up that I'm not? In practice I was only hitting 186mph and figured that was going to be the best I could get unless drafting on someone. Had my front stiffened a little to counter oversteer and had about 55-60% downforce.

This time plugged the modem directly into the PS3. Definitely reduced lag, though not sure what NAT I had.

Ok, got a question, Boshunter, Gprili: How in the heck did you guys blow by me on that last straight? How are you set up that I'm not? In practice I was only hitting 186mph and figured that was going to be the best I could get unless drafting on someone. Had my front stiffened a little to counter oversteer and had about 55-60% downforce.

I was drafting gprili and I think we both caught a draft off of you which allowed us both to go faster. I was running full downforce, never paid any attention to what my top speed was by myself.

I had 186 ish myself with no drafts but left gear to spare if I did catch a draft, which I didn't ever :lol:.

On another note, as promised in the chat in game I will be releasing my set up, as soon as I've decided my campaign in this series is over :sly:, don't want to be giving people an advantage on me now do I? :lol:. I will most likely release it through LDP if Paulie allows it, if not I will just make a thread for it.

I had 186 ish myself with no drafts but left gear to spare if I did catch a draft, which I didn't ever :lol:.

On another note, as promised in the chat in game I will be releasing my set up, as soon as I've decided my campaign in this series is over :sly:, don't want to be giving people an advantage on me now do I? :lol:. I will most likely release it through LDP if Paulie allows it, if not I will just make a thread for it.
Look forward to it! Probably will help me learn a thing or two or three! :)

Don't bother.

On that track you need maximum downforce.
The car only oversteers if you push too much on the throttle. In slow corners it understeers. In order to get it faster, I had to tune out that understeer.

Another problem is that this track is narrow and bumpy. So I used a setup that is much softer as usual.

My tyres didn't "warm up" as much as expected, and running on cold tyres was more delicate than lap 4 on used tyres. But the positive side of it was that they lasted 4 laps without real problems.

I can post my setup later if you want, because in any case, it was specific to this track.

I experienced mainly that on this track with a 500hp car, my cinema screen is a huge advantage. During week-end, on a normal TV-screen, I was about 10 seconds slower and had difficulties to keep the car on track.

To everyone who is having NAT problems or something similar:

I had those issues too. (I have more fun solving these computer issues then playing GT5 it's a shame ;)).
Here is a quick tutorial on how to activate telnet on windows 7 (I'm not the author) it's in Portuguese use chrome to translate it.

After activating the telnet, we'll crack that router in half. (just kidding) ;)

Open these ports that's what we'll do:
TCP: 80, 443, 5223
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658

in command line:

telnet routerIPAddress
(it might ask for your username and password)

:connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=3478
:connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=3479
:connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=3658
:connection bind application=CONE(TCP) port=80
:connection bind application=CONE(TCP) port=443
:connection bind application=CONE(TCP) port=5223
:saveall
:exit

Remember this solution has worked for me but I can't take responsibility for what happens to you guys if you try this please be aware of that, I got NAT 2.I still have some issues but it works almost 100%.
Hope this helps.

Back