WSCC - Corvette GT2 Le Mans Intercontinental Cup - Monday Evenings

• Thread starter turbogeit
  • 452 comments
Sorry, didn't yet have the time to look at them.

Being very busy with our forum threads, the poll and oh yes... my job!

I knew it! My car sounded different, I just slapped on the RM and restricted my way back down to the regulation. I noticed with my ISF that the race pipe didn't fit itself oddly, interesting. I gained nothing from it and similarly lost nothing by the looks of things though, maybe a slightly less smooth powerband but it as still there when I needed it. At first I thought it might be an online sound bug or something, but no, how has everyone else gone about getting the regulation power? Just the race exhaust which should be fitted anyway by the RM then restrict down?

Started running at the 24h Nurb. Tire wear is going to be a real problem. 4 laps next to impossible on one set of tires.

Started running at the 24h Nurb. Tire wear is going to be a real problem. 4 laps next to impossible on one set of tires.

Hence my 1 stopper comment on the last page :lol:, it's possible but definately risky as make 1 or 2 mistakes on the 4th lap with the scrubbed tyres and you're in serious bother throwing away any advantage you might have gained on a 1 stop. I ran a mock long stint and I honestly don't know what strategy to go on at this point.

Hence my 1 stopper comment on the last page :lol:, it's possible but definately risky as make 1 or 2 mistakes on the 4th lap with the scrubbed tyres and you're in serious bother throwing away any advantage you might have gained on a 1 stop. I ran a mock long stint and I honestly don't know what strategy to go on at this point.

I've an idea that I'm trying. It's risky cause it makes driving the first 3 laps an adventure as well. Not sure anything is going to work other than a pit on 3. How much time will be lost on the 4th lap with bare tires? The track is long.

IMO, 1 stop is the superior strategy if you can manage the tyre wear ok. I did a bit of testing earlier, made no special effort to keep tyres, did the out lap, two 8:35 ish laps, then on the 4th lap lost about 15 seconds in the last half of the lap and set a 8:55. You probably will lose more than that when you pit, so I'm not sure if fresh tyres will be enough to overcome the defecit from pitting. Could be interesting!

I reckon if you can get a good tyre wear tune or make your tyres last a little better you'll be quids in :)

You've made these race lengths very crafty turbo, you devil you, haha ;)

IMO, 1 stop is the superior strategy if you can manage the tyre wear ok.

I reckon if you can get a good tyre wear tune or make your tyres last a little better you'll be quids in :)

I agree completely with that.

You've made these race lengths very crafty turbo, you devil you, haha ;)

:guilty::guilty: remember this is an endurance series. Consistency, clean racing and tyre management are more important than speed.

:guilty::guilty: remember this is an endurance series. Consistency, clean racing and tyre management are more important than speed.

Yeah I know, I just meant it's a pretty close call between strategies and it actually requires a good bit of thought to work out what would be best for you, and not the same strategy is best for everyone across the board. Never been in a series where it's been this interesting so far! 👍

Yeah Mindless, it's going to be a tough call. Going hard or easy it's 75% tire wear after 3 laps. Lap 4 on 25% tires? What happens if you get to zero before the lap is over?

I used the 19:00 start time with 1 min progression. That's a start near dark with a LOT of shadows. Shadows that just "pop-up" out of nowhere in-front and behind. Best was about 8:40 in different cars with different set-ups.

Remember though with a 1 stop you have to run 4 laps then 3 instead of 2 2 3 (or any other order), so you are running 1 set of tyres 2 laps longer then the short stints and you could easily chuck away 30 seconds in slower times and mistakes caused by the poor rubber. It's gonna be another interesting call, 2 stops is definitely the safe option for those who tend to overdrive a little even if you don't have a full accident, I will probably wing it based on track position and decide mid race.

And the dilemma begins :lol:.

dunno what to do :confused: :banghead: :boggled: :odd: :ouch: :crazy: :eek:
I think that you can train as much as you want, BUT once the race will start everything will depend on the position in the race and if you will make mistakes or not

dunno what to do :confused: :banghead: :boggled: :odd: :ouch: :crazy: :eek:
I think that you can train as much as you want, BUT once the race will start everything will depend on the position in the race and if you will make mistakes or not

That's it: logically 3-2-2 or 2-2-3 seem to the best strategy, but you have to see what happens on track. If at the end of a lap to you are stuck behind other cars and loose time: go to the pit in order to get a clean track; if you have a clean track in front of you: continue one more lap.

I think 4-3 or 3-4 is doable if it's kept on the black stuff but superior? Honestly no idea :lol:. 3-2-2, 2-3-2, 2-2-3 are all what I'd deem the safest option and by shifting around the long stint you can find some clean air as well. There's plenty of scope for changing strategy on the fly however but I won't give away my game plan as of now :sly:, not that I have a specific strategy decided but I know what I'm going to do and then decide in the race the specifics on when I'll stop.

Edit: Is there any chance of rain at all? Or will weather be fixed to sunny?

Last edited:
I've got a strategy picked out but we'll see what happens "in-race". Things change. Practiced a lot yesterday. Actually trying to find the best set-up, and still not sure I've got the best choice. Down-force. Slows me down, but much easier to control the car and keep it on track. However, today I'm going to practice "in-traffic" using arcade mode. Understand the physics aren't the same as on-line.

I really hope we can have the option of rain.

Don't construct a strategy on that.
Offline tirewear and care-behaviour is often different from online.

You're right. But it does help get used to driving the Ring in traffic that's faster. The AI has never handled the turns well but 700-900HP is hard to keep up with in the straights.

Anyone up for a few hours of prac? All the Japanese have most likely gone to bed, i.e. there's only poo lobbies up left.

Well I'm ready as I'll ever be. (Did 4 laps) A couple lap tune up on Monday about 45 min before and lets roll!

Well looks like I'll be unprepared :lol: I've run 4 laps total practice and that is all I'll do until race day. Then again that's 4 laps more then I ran for Suzuka before joining the lobby and that went just fine in the end.

I got up early this morning :eek: and I did some test laps at nurb trying to tune the setup... whoooa for me lap 1 and 2 are good, in the third I have to be extra careful to not mess it up. I think I'll go for 2 stops. The fourth lap for me is impossible. By the way I did a good lap time (I think :crazy:) 8:28.3xx

Now I'm at work all day :ouch:

I can get the first 3 laps in the 8:3*.*** range, with a best of 8:32.2** on the second lap, and 8:38.3** on the third lap.......... but, I spun 3 times on the fourth lap and could only manage an 8:58.5**. :ill:

Don't even waste time practicing this offline, it will bite you when you get online. ;)

Last edited:
Hi, I can't find them back, but I read some GTP- discussions about the "blue phantom" of Schwalbenschwantz- Kleine Karussel. Did you already meet this phantom on the Ring?

I did while practicing.

By the way, when I made the calendar of this series, I didn't know that the real 24h of the Nurburgring are going to take place this weekend.

Have we got a final decision on where the rolling start will begin racing from yet by the way? Can't spot it in the OP.

Back