WSCC - Corvette GT2 Le Mans Intercontinental Cup - Monday Evenings

• Thread starter turbogeit
  • 452 comments
I 1 stopped at lap 16/17 I think, 1st stint was messy due to my fail and one moment of duff connection but 2nd was better and I had half decent, consistent pace. :)

Next rounds on my birthday so here's hoping it goes well and I manage to 1 stop it again :P not likely though...

Joshua1994
Suzuka does eat your tires, alot. Just give the next round a go, and be a little more comforting on the trottle :lol: but no, in all seriousness, there's no rush to be in pole position within the first few laps. It's an hour long race, plenty of time!

It's not even the throttle man, I had tcs on 2 so the wheels didn't spin up lower down, it was the front tires. After 9 Laps they would just completely give way and that's how I got lapped, it was gutting!

I understand in terms of looking after tires, my real gripe is with the braking zones, after checking the reply I nearly hit the back of several people because they broke well before the braking zone which sent me off the track and ultimately ended my race, but had a good tussle or two with people that I enjoyed.

Maybe I'll give the next round a shot, I'll wait and see

Remember also it's an endurance. No need to hurry. Due to a race incident in the pack in the first lap, and another in lap 4, I found myself in 12th position at 30 seconds. Finally I finished 6th, by driving carefully and avoiding any risks. I made one or two avoidable errors. Without them I finished 5th.

As a beginner, you must set affordable objectives, like: a clean race without damage or incidents on a steady pace with regular consistent lap times. If you succeed that you will have a relatively good result, because the others make errors.

I go to sleep now, have to work tomorrow.

It's not even the throttle man, I had tcs on 2 so the wheels didn't spin up lower down, it was the front tires. After 9 Laps they would just completely give way and that's how I got lapped, it was gutting!

Maybe its the TC then. I don't know as I haven't raced with TC on in ages. I'll admit, the Vette is a bit of a beast to handle, try it without TC on next time!

Sorry for not being able to finish turbo, my internet connection went down about half way through. :ouch: I suspected it might, but hoped it would hold up long enough for the race. They are coming out tomorrow to try and fix the problem, I should be good to go on Wednesday. 👍

Sorry for not being able to finish turbo, my internet connection went down about half way through. :ouch: I suspected it might, but hoped it would hold up long enough for the race. They are coming out tomorrow to try and fix the problem, I should be good to go on Wednesday. 👍

I hope they can fix it. Good luck

Question about the next race ......

Nürburgring 24H..... by day :nervous: or by night :scared:

gippone
Question about the next race ......

Nürburgring 24H..... by day :nervous: or by night :scared:

I say start it at 19:30 at time scale whatever at 1. It's right at sunset, but still easy to see and really beautiful actually.

Remember also it's an endurance. No need to hurry. Due to a race incident in the pack in the first lap, and another in lap 4, I found myself in 12th position at 30 seconds. Finally I finished 6th, by driving carefully and avoiding any risks. I made one or two avoidable errors. Without them I finished 5th.

As a beginner, you must set affordable objectives, like: a clean race without damage or incidents on a steady pace with regular consistent lap times. If you succeed that you will have a relatively good result, because the others make errors.

I go to sleep now, have to work tomorrow.

cheers for the above message, and sorry about the message left after the race yesterday (as above), it did sound very bad tempered which i do apologise. If you have the replay you will see the frustrating first 5 laps that set my race up for doom but i shall heed the advice above :)

Sorry I wasn't there tonight guys, was out instead and forgot about the race, sorry! Kinda annoying really as it's the most I'd actually practiced for a race lol, got around 2mins flat laps during practice but my tyres couldn't quite last for a 1 stop when I did a long run, but whatever kinda irrelevant now anyway lol. Doubt I'll be able to challenge for the championship with 2 DNFs now as well haha, curses! :P

Grats to Josh for (another :P) win!

hey turbo :confused:

any ideas on how to perform the formation lap on the Nurb 24H?

Good point :lol:, perhaps go from the Nordschleife straight after the GP circuit? Or we could reverse and line up then bring it to the line.

Unrelated I didn't save the replay, but did the guy in first on Suzuka really wait until the exit of Casio to hit the gas hard? Because I swear we were going near full race pace to keep up long before then. I think perhaps a marked speed limit for the lead car should be in place, say 80mph, in order to avoid such situations occuring again if that is what happened (difficult to tell from last :lol:). I don't know who was close enough to see, which is why I am posting and I also don't know who was pole by foolishly not saving the replay :doh:.

Unrelated I didn't save the replay, but did the guy in first on Suzuka really wait until the exit of Casio to hit the gas hard? Because I swear we were going near full race pace to keep up long before then. I think perhaps a marked speed limit for the lead car should be in place, say 80mph, in order to avoid such situations occuring again if that is what happened (difficult to tell from last :lol:). I don't know who was close enough to see, which is why I am posting and I also don't know who was pole by foolishly not saving the replay :doh:.

I noticed that also, we shouldnt be going over 50mph if we are doing a real race pace, yet on some parts I had to hit 5th gear to keep up.

And about nurb, I say we formation lap until Flugplatz, then race from there.

ive got the replay. at some points i hit 130mph but others i was doing 20mph so we were fluctuating quite alot. I only really give it the full welly out of the final chicane so i felt the lap went well but couldnt tell how far away the rest of the pack were.

I think that for the nurb race, someone should put up the track map and specify a line whereby we can go full throttle from after doing a preset speed (maybe 50mph as suggested above).

If you were trying to brake later than others seemed to be then that would not have done your front tyres much good, also setup can help to dial out some tyre wear

hey turbo :confused:

any ideas on how to perform the formation lap on the Nurb 24H?

Right question. We will not do a complete warm-up lap. I suggest we line-up at intermediate 1 and let the race start at the exit of the chicane (which is different of the one in the GP-track) just before we come onto the Nordschleife.

About the hour and the number of laps: I am going to do some tests right now.
I will set the hour in a way (time progression 1) that race starts by daylight and finishes in the near-dark

I just did some testing.

Lounge opens at 9:15pm UK, start at 10pm UK and track game time will be set at 19:15 (time progression 1 at the time the lounge opens). That means that the race will finish around 11pm UK - 21:00 game time. So, finish will be in the dark.

Number of laps. I made only one complete lap on an slow endurance pace, without pushing. Lap time 8:47, what would mean 7 laps.

@gprili, joshua1994: can you try to do a fast online lap to see how fast you can be. If you are much faster, we could consider a 8th lap.

just put down a 8:41 but with many little mistakes :scared:

I think that a clear lap for me would be 8:35

just put down a 8:41 but with many little mistakes :scared:

I think that a clear lap for me would be 8:35

That means 7 laps. The 8 lap option was only an option if someone gets under 8 minutes.

By the way, I understand now why I was slowing down yesterday around 3/4 of the race: grip stayed good but lap times not: I lost about 25 hp. I was already in the lounge when I realized I had forgotten to change oil...

Factor in tyre wear and stops as well if you haven't already and I think 7 sounds about right. So who's up for a 1 stopper? :lol:

turbogeit
By the way, I understand now why I was slowing down yesterday around 3/4 of the race: grip stayed good but lap times not: I lost about 25 hp. I was already in the lounge when I realized I had forgotten to change oil...

I gained 10hp :lol:
That's probably how I caught Scanny in the last few laps. :sly:

Grid for next race

Finishers <180 sec, in reverse championship order

1. G8R_Mad3
2. smalldave
3. Sientex
4. turbogeit
5. Scanny_Flick
6. Dragonistic
7. joshua1994
8. gprili

participants last race out of 180 sec, reverse championship order

9. Rayroocroft
10. Surffishers
11. boshuter
12. twogirls1joe

Not taking part in previous race

13. Joao71
14. danskemaskien
15. MindlessRiff

all other drivers complete at the back.

And of course the winners of races 2 and 3 should let me know which 500.000 Cr. prize car they want.

Last edited:
Dragonistic
Good point :lol:, perhaps go from the Nordschleife straight after the GP circuit? Or we could reverse and line up then bring it to the line.

That was me on pole :L I thought I did a slow out lap, but wasn't sure when to gas it, so I picked the exit of the chicane - I was 2.3 ahead of second as I crossed the line so sorry about that

That was me on pole :L I thought I did a slow out lap, but wasn't sure when to gas it, so I picked the exit of the chicane - I was 2.3 ahead of second as I crossed the line so sorry about that

I don't think it was a big problem, I honestly thought we were just going a little quickly but no speed was set. I didn't know if it was because someone wasn't paying attention or what, but I think the lesson to be learnt is a speed limit for the front car so there's no more worries.

Just letting you guys know, I wont be able to race the finale which is a shame as Sarthe is always fun. Gonna be abroad, ps3less :(

I don't think it was a big problem, I honestly thought we were just going a little quickly but no speed was set. I didn't know if it was because someone wasn't paying attention or what, but I think the lesson to be learnt is a speed limit for the front car so there's no more worries.

About the speed: it is like in F1: go on a regular pace to the last corner before she start-finish straight. I mean no sudden acceleration and braking, pace slower than in the race. Aim is to stay rather close. Acceleration at the exit of chicane was completely "legal".
The 1 second rule at start-finish is a guideline. No sanction if you are at for example 0.8 or 0.9, if that does not cause "trouble" in turn 1.

With so many cars, there will be an important gap, but that is not a real problem: if you are fast, in an hour you can get over this handicap.

About the speed: it is like in F1: go on a regular pace to the last corner before she start-finish straight. I mean no sudden acceleration and braking, pace slower than in the race. Aim is to stay rather close. Acceleration at the exit of chicane was completely "legal".
The 1 second rule at start-finish is a guideline. No sanction if you are at for example 0.8 or 0.9, if that does not cause "trouble" in turn 1.

With so many cars, there will be an important gap, but that is not a real problem: if you are fast, in an hour you can get over this handicap.

Exactly, it was just an observation. I couldn't see what was going on from 12th, the formation lap just seemed a little quick at times is all I was getting at the cause of which I have no idea.

Back