WSCC - Corvette GT2 Le Mans Intercontinental Cup - Monday Evenings

• Thread starter turbogeit
  • 452 comments
Lounge will open at 9:15pm UK - 10:15pm GMT.

Given that we never had a complete 16 cars grid, I gave the authorization to Calum.McHale and to Turbonutter69 (who won a full-modded Corvette with the GT300-500 races) to join us this evening. If they show up, they will complete the grid at the end.

Please guys be careful this evening: forget everything you saw yesterday in the Canadian F1-GP

@twogirls1joe: don't forget to accept the Friend Request I sent you before you can enter my lounge for the race.

Oops, seems I've forgotten/not had much time to do any practice for this lol, this should be interesting, especially as I don't really like Laguna Seca very much :P I'll try and get on soon and open a room.

By the way: tests showed that there is less lag when voice chat is disabled. So we disabled it for all weekday races. If you can connect a keyboard to your PS3: as far as I know, all windows usb-keyboards are compatible.

Might be in a Black car with Purple wheels tonight. Tuning to see if I can make it faster than my Silver car.

Don't know what the hell happened to me that race... When it started it had the pause menu up and the countdown stuck at 17 seconds, nothing else no information or anything, no text chat either so I couldn't read when you called me up unfortunately...

I started anyway and drove with the pause menu on for 14 laps, and when I pitted I had full car control? It wouldn't let me stop for tyres or fuel and I could drive in the pitlane and through people, so I just did some donuts in the pitlane seeing as I probably wouldn't have another chance to do that lol and then quit. Freaky stuff! :|

Looks like Laguna Seca doesn't like me lol! The feelings mutual anyway, one of my worst tracks

Last edited:
My first few laps were a disaster, then I settled down and things went great until that last pit stop. I noticed at the end of the first out lap that my tires were still dark blue and I had no grip, they never did warm up. Forunately I was far enough ahead of 4th place that I could take it easy. :nervous:

We saw an outstanding Gippone/Gprili today on Laguna Seca. Everybody got lapped, except Twogirls1joe and boshuter.

Here are the results:

Round 2: Laguna Seca - 41 laps

1. Gprili (10)
2. Twogirls1joe (6) - 1:08
3. Boshuter (4) - 1:21
4. Sientex (3) - 1:54
5. turbogeit (2) - 1:57
6. Scanny_Flick (1) - 2:22
7. Smalldave (1) - 2:58
8. G8R_Mad3 (1) - xxx
9. Surffisher (1) - xxx
10. Danskemachine (1) - xxx
11. Joao71 (1) - xxx

DNF: MindlessRiff (connection issues)

xxx = > 180 sec.

Hopefully it won't glitch on me again next time so I can race at Suzuka! I watched the second half though, gprili looked pretty darn solid today must say, to be honest didn't really see any mistakes much, many less than F1 yesterday at any rate lol ;)

It was a very good race, though my one pit strategy kinda backfired, i was pretty good for the first 18laps even though my tires where trash i still managed to driver laps under 1.30, but then my tires started to be pretty much worn out so on lap 19-21 i lost about 20-30 seconds due to playing in the sand, and after my pit stop i manage to drive laps about 1.25-1.26 for 15-18 laps, where my tires started to get rubbish again. But i still manage to get in on a forth place, though if i had gone with a 2 pit strategy i might have taken boshuter as well.

Meanwhile, I calculated the grid for next race

Finishers <180 sec, in reverse championship order

1. smalldave
2. sientex
3. turbogeit
4. Scanny_Flick
5. boshuter
6. twogirls1joe
7. gprili

participants last race out of 180 sec, reverse championship order

8. G8R_Mad3
9. danskemaskine
10. surffisher
11. Joao71
12. MindlessRiff

Not taking part in previous race

13. oRKRz
14. joshua1994

all other drivers complete at the back.

Woop pole ;) In that case would I count as the first chicane? :P

Race was scrappy from me, slow off the bat, then started picking off people who fell off, was running a strong 6th before I starting going all agricultural ;)
Most people pitted at lap 14/15 for the two stop by which time i was 8th or 9th I believe, but as I didn't have the pace I thought a 1 stop was the only option.

I carried on till lap 21 or 22 then stopped, my pace i think wasn't bad, then all of a sudden, my consistency was wayward. Then I just wanted to keep hold of 6th - then I span at corkscrew and was down into 7th, which I kept till the race end, the last 2.5 laps were intense as I tried to knick inside the 180 second limit, thanks to a penalty I eventually got in by just 2 seconds!

Was a good race though seeing gprilli and Joe pull away - Joe started 13th or so I think! :embarrassed:

Suzuka in the wet will be ... interesting ...

Dunno what came to me but yesterday I was very consistent during the all race :) I already had in mind to do a 2 pit race. I just made a mistake during the first stint when I got a penalty because I went too much over the curb in turn 3. I got distracted for this and I lost 20 seconds to 2girls1joe. But the after the first pit I started to do very fast laptimes between 1.23/1.24 and gaining the lead again for the rest of the race. I'm surprised that in 41 laps I did not make a mistake at the corkscrew. 👍

Suzuka wet will be my nightmare :nervous:

We did some races with other cars on the wet Suzuka and it always went very well. But this car is a beast...

I'm not going to be able to get online in time for the race so can you pull me out of the series please? sorry.

Weather forecast next monday

No rain expected on Suzuka. Bright sky during the race.

Just joking: that Vettie is undriveable in the rain, so we won't race in the rain.

Race distance: 29 laps

turbogeit

Just joking: that Vettie is undriveable in the rain, so we won't race in the rain.

I don't know if that's good or bad news!
:lol:

Good- I'll actually be able to drive it now

Bad- I'm not good at that track, so I probably won't do as well in the dry as I would the rain :(

:bowdown: for me is good :cheers:

That is a big dissapointment. :( I've been practicing for that race, I didn't think the car was undriveable at all. It doesn't drive like on a dry track..... but it's not supposed to.

First post updated

- Race 3
- link to world clock
- link to start grid race 3

@gippone: you still have to choose your prize car for last race

How are people doing at Suzuka? I'm practicing offline at the mo and I'm tantalisingly close to breaking the 2 minute mark, .054 seconds off! Online it'll probably be a whole other kettle of fish though, gonna try it shortly. :)

How are people doing at Suzuka? I'm practicing offline at the mo and I'm tantalisingly close to breaking the 2 minute mark, .054 seconds off! Online it'll probably be a whole other kettle of fish though, gonna try it shortly. :)

Lol.... only chance I had to practice was in the rain. Doubt that will do me much good now. :indiff:

tried some laps online, room normal quality, best with full tank 2:01.774 but my tyres are gone after 8 laps...... dunno what to do :nervous: :scared:

Back