WSCC - Corvette GT2 Le Mans Intercontinental Cup - Monday Evenings

• Thread starter turbogeit
  • 452 comments
Got disconnected :(

I had issues at the start of lap 2 when my TV flickered and went very dark which meant I was like driving at sunset!

Was running fifth before stops, third when disconnected - and someone had gone off infront so I was looking very good there.

Tyres were in good knick and would have easily got me to lap 20-22, with a 1 stopper planned which is definatley the quickest way. I honestly believe I would have battled for the lead come the end of the race!

Had some nice racing with a few fellas, nice clean racing from everyone which is nice :P

After I got disconnected I rejoined, only to disconnect again, which is worrying :/

Looking forward to the rest of the championship, but I though Fuji was my best chance of success.

**Oh, and very well organised too, turbogeit very well done :P

**And, it was cool to see everyone running so close. I was about 9-10 off at the first split, 11 after an excursion in the second, ten we just kept getting closer and closer, but nobody streaked clear or anything, so that was nice

Last edited:
Yeah that was the first points scoring race, unfortunately for me cause I won the pre season :P

Great race tonight though! Really enjoyed it! Sorry to whoever I almost rammed first turn lap 2, got into a slipstream and didn't notice how fast I was going lol.

1 stop looked to be the best way to the finish again, just couldn't make my tyres last like at Le Mans first race so I did 2, worked out alright though. :) Almost feel bad for gprili though, last straight before the end and I pip him by less than a tenth! Great stuff :)

I'm gonna have to work on some tyre management if people were getting 20+ laps out of tyres and I barely manage 14 lol

Unlucky to those who disconnected as well, hopefully it'll be a bit better come the next race fingers crossed!

Sorry I couldn't make it. Sounds like it was a good race! I was looking forward to testing my pit strategy - oh well. I'd love to see the replay if someone wants to upload it (Joao71? :))! Someone actually pulled off a one-pit race?! I'm impressed.

Sorry I couldn't make it. Sounds like it was a good race! I was looking forward to testing my pit strategy - oh well. I'd love to see the replay if someone wants to upload it (Joao71? :))! Someone actually pulled off a one-pit race?! I'm impressed.

Do you need an NTSC replay? If so, I can get it uploaded later tonight and will send you a link to download it.

I thought the start procedure worked fine. I started in third and the second place car went off track, then I chased down the first place car and we were having a good fight for the lead when 3 other cars decided that there was room for them to pass in a tight turn..... that was pretty much of the end of my chances. Love this car and the track!

I think we were three out of the top 5 to have done only one stop.

Some comments:

- Great race: with the Corvette on hard tyres, it really feels like simulation.
- Race was pretty clean, except some minor contacts, but if you compare to what real world professional drivers did sunday in the WTCC-races at the Hungaroring, we were all saints...
- Unfortunately, some of us got connection problems.
- I was pretty satisfied of my own race. I went wide once or twice, but didn't spin or get into the sand or get a penalty, which is already much better than what I did in Le Mans.
- The fact that the last driver on the grid manage to come back to the first place shows that on a 1 hour race, grid position is not such important.
-Unfortunately, the replay show two infractions in turn 1 (see below)

Race decisions

The starting procedure state clearly that there is no overtaking before the exit of turn one, and I repeated it several times before the start. Two drivers (which were already too close to there predecessor (0.105 and 0.058) at the start-finish line), nevertheless pass one or more other cars before the turn:

- Joshua1994 passes Fishhunters and Joao71
- Fishhunters passes Joao71

Given that Fishhunters got disconnected, we cannot sanction him with a 30 seconds penalty, but unfortunately, Joshuan 1994, who passed race-finish in first position gets a 30 seconds penalty.

Results will be published soon, taking into account this penalty.

Race result (taking into account the 30 sec. for Joshua1994)

1. Mindlessriff +18.796
2. Gprili + 18.864
3. Joshua1994 (first at finish + 30.000 penalty)
4. Scanny_Flick + 43.436
5. Turbogeit + 45.898
6. Boshuter + 58.789
7. oRKRz + 1:42.405
8. danskemaskine + 1:48.375
9. Joao : out of 180 sec. delay.

Do you need an NTSC replay? If so, I can get it uploaded later tonight and will send you a link to download it.

That would be great, boshuter, thanks. I was looking forward to Fuji but had to work late. I would've been a 2x pitter, though!

Race result (taking into account the 30 sec. for Joshua1994)

1. Mindlessriff +18.796
2. Gprili + 18.864
3. Joshua1994 (first at finish + 30.000 penalty)
4. Scanny_Flick + 43.436
5. Turbogeit + 45.898
6. Boshuter + 58.789
7. oRKRz + 1:42.405
8. danskemaskine + 1:48.375
9. Joao : out of 180 sec. delay.

well unfortunately for me I prepared my self and followed all the rules of this race to then hear the bad news of the cable guy knocking at my door to fix the problem with my connection which I'm glad they fixed it but S**** i didn't get to finish the race when i had such a great start. I guess looking forward to next round.

That would be great, boshuter, thanks. I was looking forward to Fuji but had to work late. I would've been a 2x pitter, though!

I'll get it uploaded for you, it may be tomorrow morning before I get it done. I'll send you a pm with a link to download it. 👍

Edit: got the replay uploaded and sent you a PM with the link to download it.👍

Last edited:

Today after work I will record a movie that I will post here ;)

well unfortunately for me I prepared my self and followed all the rules of this race to then hear the bad news of the cable guy knocking at my door to fix the problem with my connection which I'm glad they fixed it but S**** i didn't get to finish the race when i had such a great start. I guess looking forward to next round.

The good news is that your connection has been fixed.👍

Race decisions

The starting procedure state clearly that there is no overtaking before the exit of turn one, and I repeated it several times before the start. Two drivers (which were already too close to there predecessor (0.105 and 0.058) at the start-finish line), nevertheless pass one or more other cars before the turn:

Given that Fishhunters got disconnected, we cannot sanction him with a 30 seconds penalty, but unfortunately, Joshuan 1994, who passed race-finish in first position gets a 30 seconds penalty.

I don't know how things work in this case turbo but the fact is that I was being way too slow and I almost lost the control of my car on the first corner where joshua passed me.

In fact I would like to apologize to joshua and Fishhunters because I braked too hard on that specific corner.
I normally don't fight for the win, I try to make some good laps, have a good time and nothing else but yesterday I wasn't in the mood and as you'll see from the replay for the last 9 or 10 laps I just stayed in the pits.

As for the replay, the corvette event will be covered by gprii but you can count on a GT300 replay tonight ;)

Some comments:

- Great race: with the Corvette on hard tyres, it really feels like simulation.
- Race was pretty clean, except some minor contacts, but if you compare to what real world professional drivers did sunday in the WTCC-races at the Hungaroring, we were all saints...
- Unfortunately, some of us got connection problems.
- I was pretty satisfied of my own race. I went wide once or twice, but didn't spin or get into the sand or get a penalty, which is already much better than what I did in Le Mans.
- The fact that the last driver on the grid manage to come back to the first place shows that on a 1 hour race, grid position is not such important.
-Unfortunately, the replay show two infractions in turn 1 (see below)

Race decisions

So your not allowed to over take when everyone fully accelerates? Ouch. I thought on the final turn, that's when the race begins as on the mini map you pulled away ridiculously fast.

@Everybody: please read regularly the news messages at the forum in the threads of the series you are participating in, in order to keep informed of all rules and other informations.

The informations concerning the 30 sec. penalty and overtaking after turn 1 of the first race lap are here and there

In this case, overtaking started already at the starting line (only 0.058 sec. behind previous car, in stead of 1 sec.) and we could even have given a double penalty (+15 sec. for not respecting car distance).

After the race we stayed we some drivers in the lounge, we discussed the distance question and I announced that, given the difficulty of evaluating "1 second", we would not sanction the distance provided that the drivers concerned were not involved in turn 1 incidents.

Thank you guys for a nice race yesterday :) I left immediately after the race at 0015 local time, as I had to get up at 0415 to be at work 0500 :/ Would've liked to hang around in the lobby afterwards - maybe next time :)

@MindlessRiff: please let me know which 500.000 Cr prize car you like.

All Premium cars in that prize class are possible. If you want a Standard car, that is possible too, provided I have it.

Really fun race last night guys and great that incidents were minimal

I didnt get to practice a long run as i was away for 4 days before the race and after talking to a couple of guys before the race i really didnt think that there would be much difference between 1 and 2 stops so I went with 2 to minimise risk.

In hindsight 1 stop was the way to go and stopping twice ruined my chance to fight with the top 3. I was able to save my tyres a lot in the first stint while running in the lead pack with josh/xavier/gprilli.

As soon as i realised it would be difficult to both pass and get away from them i just sat on their tails and rode around for a while. Although i was comfortable on the tyres i felt i could run a lot quicker with a clear track and fresh rubber, enough to make 2 stops work, so i went for it but lost out in the end. Had a couple of shortcut penalties in the second half of the race which didnt help but had to be happy with snatching back 4th place from Turbo and his old tyres at the end.

Really fun race last night guys and great that incidents were minimal

I didnt get to practice a long run as i was away for 4 days before the race and after talking to a couple of guys before the race i really didnt think that there would be much difference between 1 and 2 stops so I went with 2 to minimise risk.

In hindsight 1 stop was the way to go and stopping twice ruined my chance to fight with the top 3. I was able to save my tyres a lot in the first stint while running in the lead pack with josh/xavier/gprilli.

As soon as i realised it would be difficult to both pass and get away from them i just sat on their tails and rode around for a while. Although i was comfortable on the tyres i felt i could run a lot quicker with a clear track and fresh rubber, enough to make 2 stops work, so i went for it but lost out in the end. Had a couple of shortcut penalties in the second half of the race which didnt help but had to be happy with snatching back 4th place from Turbo and his old tyres at the end.

It was frightening to see you come back closer and closer...

In my case, I had a 2 stop strategy in mind, but at a certain moment, after about 10 laps, when I saw the rhythm I was able to keep at a clear track, I decided to stay out.

In general, I think the top 3 is faster then we are. And for the rest, 4 to 8 are close but yesterday, it was the pit strategy that made the difference.

Back