WSCC - Corvette GT2 Le Mans Intercontinental Cup - Monday Evenings

• Thread starter turbogeit
  • 452 comments
Hi folks, hello turbo,

I was a member of WSCC, before we had that "unfortunate" PSN issue. As prawny has disappeared, so did the WSCC homepage. Glad to see that you turbo and seemingly the other hosts are continuing what has started.
@turbo, could you shoot me an invite for the club, since I did not find any WSCC related site, outside of GTP.

Thanks, looking forward to race you guys. I was off GT5, just to get a creative pause and doing some renovations.
But I hope I'll find some time to join.

Later..

Welcome back. Invite sent.

News flash

- Race incident still under investigation, waiting for decision of the commission (see here)

- Championship will start next monday. I will edit the first / thread title post later this evening.

- After the race we discussed in the lounge and so we came to the idea that the single events will (temporarily?) move to Tuesday, given that the number of sign-ups for Group N - Vintage stays insufficient for the moment.

-

Some pictures!!!

@turbo - please use them in the forum page If you like!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:)

First pot updated for the championship (with gippone's pictures as you can see)

For those who signed-up for the preseason, don't forget to confirm your participation

@MindlessRiff: let me know witch prize-car you want.

Edit: While testing for the Vintage Le Mans Mercedes 300 SL single event, I had the occasion to see that there are no tarmac zones in the chicanes in the 2005 versions of the track.

That means:
1) no possibility to cheat in the chicanes
2) reckless drivers will find themselves more often in the sand, thus an advantage for the clean guys.

As a consequence, I changed the first post with a "track version to be determined" for the Le Mans final. I will organize a poll in our club space next week.

Last edited:
there are no tarmac zones in the chicanes in the 2005 versions of the track.

That means:
1) no possibility to cheat in the chicanes
2) reckless drivers will find themselves more often in the sand, thus an advantage for the clean guys.

As a consequence, I changed the first post with a "track version to be determined" for the Le Mans final. I will organize a poll in our club space next week.

that's why turbo I chose the 2005 version for the GT500 championship ;)

anyway this championship is perfect for me!! since I will go on holiday on july 20th :cheers:

I'll take a G37 please if that's alright turbo :)

I didn't see any cutting of corners in the race last night, so I'd trust people to be fair on the 09 version really. But the other reasons you give are tempting too :P

Yes, there are some places left. I add you to the list. Please confirm your car number and color.

Club invitation + PSN FR sent.

Your PSN and GTP-ID seems to indicate your very young. Our club has no age limit any more (until recently it was minimum 25 years old). So your age is no problem, provided you behave correctly on the track. Club rules are here. Please read them.

Last edited:
Cool stuff, I'll post up tommorow when I'm back on the ps3.

Hahaha yeah I'm only 16, but don't worry, I'm a fair driver, but don't expect me to be slow :)

Don't worry if I don't answer your messages: I'm absent until thursday evening.

Edit: G37 Sent to MindlessRiff. Congrats again

In order to keep informed of all changes and practical information,
please follow on the forum the information updates and recent news of the races you signed-up for,
using the the thread tools (subscription).

Last edited:
@Joao, Zentex, Cobrius: can you please let us know whether you participate in the championship or not. Thanks.

By the way turbo, nice pics you threw in. I'll stroll through my replay to see whether I can squeeze out a few pics worthy of this thread :)

Thanks, first picture is mine, the others have been taken by gippone.

Feel free to add pictures here and in the WSCC- photo hall thread (see link on our main page or in the club space threads index)

How many spots are left in this championship?

At least 1. Between the participants to the preseason race, three drivers still have to confirm their participation. So there could be one or two extra places.
If you want to sign-up, do it as soon as possible.

Well I'll sign myself up, and I might sign up another person to be my teammate :)

PSN: smalldave
Body Colour: Rosso Monza
Rims Colour: White
Number: 27

Important modifications

We have had this week, especially in the GT500, some problems in our races with:

- the dysfunctioning penalty system of GT5, which permits in several cases chicane and corner cutting (especially on Monza)

- lag problems (especially in lap 1 when too many cars are close to each other)

- incorrect starting order

- cold tyres, "close pack racing" incidents in lap 1.

After discussion with GT500 organizer Gprili, we decided to take following decisions

- Problem-tracks are out: Monza & Le Mans 2009 (less problems with track borders in the 2005 version)

- start procedure will be changed and posted later this evening. We will have a rolling start with the fastest drivers at the end of the grid. One hour gives them enough time to get to the front of the race.

More information follows later this evening.

- Problem-tracks are out: Monza & Le Mans 2009 (less problems with track borders in the 2005 version)

So if Monza is out, the circuit for monday will be? :confused:

some ideas:

Fuji Speedway
Indy Road Course
Nürburgring GP/F
Monaco? (would be dangerous but thrilling to run for 1 hour there) :drool:

and for the final 90 minutes race of course LaSarthe 2005

Last edited:
Back