You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,206 comments
I vaguely remember playing a racing game in the mid 90's with a Mega Monte Carlo in it... Or maybe it was a mod for Need For Speed 3, I can't quite remember.

htt-plethore-lc-750-supercar_Gjx8S_3868.jpg

HTT Plethore. It is a Canadian supercar with 750hp and weighs 1000kg.
You can also order it with an 1100hp engine, and the chassis and body is made entirely out of carbon fibre. $800,000

Reminds me of the Attack K1.

j5BhL.jpg

XraIL.jpg

After reading some Road & Track (don't remember which issue :ouch:), I came across the Ferrari 408 4RM:

3.jpg

This Ferrari was apparently four wheel drive, as well! ...only two prototypes were made, both with V8s.

Last edited:
I like them K1's. They released a new car based on the Attack called the Evelio. Instead of the V6 it usually has, the engine is now electric. It uses the same system as the Fisker Karma. But until K1 make some more money to produce it then its only a concept.
2011%2520K1%2520Evelio%25202.JPG

Also while looking at some 70's concept cars i found these.

tumblr_lyj1fyNudr1qzzmkn

1980 Citroen Karin

lars-erik%20fisk.jpg

VW Bus Ball. Thankfully its just a piece of art. Otherwise they might some stomach stuff hitting the windshield.

frua_camaro_cd_580.jpg

Frua Camaro. Apparently based on a 1970's Camaro. Only thing i recognise is the rear window shape.

112_fc59f290de02ad1460176e4cd8b02b4c.jpg

A VW AWD type 2. This was the first 4x4 VW. It was the predecessor to the Syncro Vanagan.

60-Di-Dia-150-DV-10-AI-a001.jpg

1960 Didia 150. 50's singer Bobby Darin asked for this to be built for him.

The only way I knew about the Mega Monte Carlo was because I had a random diecast of one when I was a kid :odd:
Here's one to put you off your dinner, Bourbon Adonis
50009000.jpg

Saw one of thee the other day. Didnt know what it was until I googled it. Chrysler TC by Maserati. Its a pretty cool and quirky car, but IMO still junk.

Chrysler_TC_by_Maserati.jpg

First of all sorry for the large picture. Anyways, the story behind this car is that I saw this in Amsterdam on a trip to Europe in the summer of 2010 and I just now have found out what this strange little car is.

The Waaijenberg Canta
P6260015.jpg

Here's their website if your interested.
http://www.waaijenberg.com/

1970 Nissan 270X Concept

nissan270xfront.jpg

earlydatsun.com
Not to be outdone by Toyota again, in 1970 Nissan unveiled a second concept car at the Tokyo Motor Show. The new car was called the Nissan 270X.
The 270X carried in in a similar theme to the 126X which was also unveiled at the same show, and also featured a one piece lift-up canopy arrangement instead of doors. This meant that the roof, windscreen, and sides all lifted up in one section, with the canopy being hinged at the front just under the windscreen. The main difference between the 270X and the 126X was that the 126X was a rear engined car, while the 270X is a front engined design. The back section of the car houses a huge luggage area contained under a heavilly curved rear glass hatch.
With it's futuristic lines the Nissan 270X looks like it could eat Ferraris for breakfast, yet the reality is vastly different. For reasons unknown Nissan decided to fit this exotic looking car with the engine and mechanicals from the new E10 Datsun Cherry. This meant that the car had a 1171cc 68hp A12 engine. The front wheel drive system from the Cherry was also used, with it's 4 speed gearbox. The only modification made to the drivetrain was that the engine had to be slanted at an extreme angle to fit it under the very low bonnet.​

Source.

Last edited:
After reading the OP, I have some to share about the Ferrari 612 Scagsomething as well. I used to think the 612 was just a 599 GTB with seats for 4 instead of 2. :dopey:
That was before I stumbled upon the awesome world of automobiles. :sly:

Didn't know there was a Honda Accord shooting brake thing. (Honda Accord Aerodeck)
1985_Honda_Accord_Aerodeck_2.jpg

I quite like it... Is that weird? :dunce:

I dunno, but I like it too. For whatever reason I love this generation of accord. The flippy lights, daringly low hood, boxy angular proportions.... Plus there were a lot of these with a third pedal. I want one.

Last edited:
The pick-up is a factory variant. Just like the "Woodie" Countryman and the van. Fantastically cute little buggers.

The smallest-capacity pickup in the world - officially! :D (yes, it's Lotus Elise Pickup. 100% legit)

Netcomposites_Lotus_pickup.jpg

And this, the Ford Mustang GTP '83. In 1983 Ford entered the IMSA GTP class with three of those. It was also used in '84 season. Neat IMO. Ford BDA 2.1-liter engine - over 600 HP. The drag is impressive in my opinion - only 0.15 Cd.

46266056.File7160.jpg

porschepics022.jpg

Back