Status
Not open for further replies.

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Okay... The first 75 (from 100) cycles of the PAL used car lists. Again it's an Excel file, again it's got power, weight, PWR, price, drive type and car name, with a column for "colour" I'll fill in later. This time I've added an overview sheet on the end, which allows you to browse each list and spot when particular cars come up quickly.

Edit: I've now added the colours up to week 7, as provided by kamikazekoala, and have put an additional Model/List column on the end of the overview sheet, to allow easy scanning of the now rather wide cycles ticklist.

Edit Edit: Up to Week 40 now completed. Colours added up to week 28, thanks to kamikazekoala. 6.2 mile cars flagged within each week with power in bold text and in the overview by a bold, red tick. Total occurrences column added. File now too big to host at GTP, so it's hosted at my own site. Bah!

11th April Edit: Up to Week 49 now added.

20th April Edit: Up to Week 56 added, with colours to Week 49.

26th April Edit: Up to Week 62 added, with colours to Week 56.

24th May Edit: Up to Week 67 added, with colours to Week 62.

5th July Edit: Up to Week 75 added.

12th August Edit: I've locked this thread, with a view to posting the finished article, very soon, in a standalone thread of its own. Thanks for viewing!
Download the file!

You will need to unzip the file first. If you don't have Windows XP, try downloading a trial version of WinZip or WinAmp from http://www.download.com. Then the file will open in Excel. The file was created in Office Excel 2003, but it shouldn't have much of an effect on an older version.

US = NTSC
Japan = NTSC
Rest of the World = PAL

Famine
US = NTSC
Japan = NTSC
Rest of the World = PAL

not true, the French (and some other countries) use SECAM :)

full.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SECAM

http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/SCMS/training/general/details/secam.html

fruitcake
not true, the French (and some other countries) use SECAM :)

Indeed. Although there is no "SECAM" version of GT4, so what I said is broadly true.

Your map excludes Antarctica, which is NTSC. The only permanently inhabited place is Scott-Amundsen Base, which is US territory... :D

File update! Up to Week 13 included!

Famine, is there a chance you could include a column displaying whether the car//colour is unique to that purchase? Maybe like UC = unique car/colour and C = unique color and U = unique car

The clue is in the "first 13 cycles" part...

Thanks for the list Famine, did anyone else spot the Vauxhall Lotus Carlton
(available in the early 90's section either in week 3 or 4 I can't remember)
((PAL version)) because I nearly bought it. It would seem there are odd cars
that pop up every now and again, like the infamous black carbon fibre specials
from day 694.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FAMINE 👍
I made one of the first 5 cycles and continuing....and...HD crash..no more list :/

days 225-231
Subaru Impreza Coupe 22B-Sti ver 98 (will appear a few times later)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI RS TME (will appear often later)
Toyota Sprinter trueno GT-Apex suchi shigeno version (rare)
10Km only Honda Civic Type-R (EP) '01

year 2 march days 15-21
10km only mazda rx-7 type r bathurst r '01 (rare and 10km and A MUST BUY !!!)

year 2 may days 1-7
10km only Nissan Skyline GT-R N1 (R32) '91

year 2 july days 8-14
10km only nissan 200sx 96
10km only honda nsx 90
10km only honda crx sir 90
10km only toyota mr2 1600 g-limited sc 86
10km only nissan skyline ht 2000 rs-x turbo c 84

year2 september days 1-7
10km only Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec (R32) '93
10km only Nissan Skyline GT-R N1 (R33) '95

year 2 october day 1-7
10km only Mazda MX-5 1800 RS '00
10km only Honda integra type-r '98

year 2 november days 8-14
10km only honda civic type-r Ek 98

year 2 december days 1-7
10km only toyota sprinter trueno ae86 '83

Edit:
lotus carlton appears several times I bought it on year 2 may days 22-28
I'm at day 600 smthing and I can say that until now only the AE86 Shigeno version and the rx-7 bathurst or even the Impreza 22B don't appear too often.

garthmarenghi
Thanks for the list Famine, did anyone else spot the Vauxhall Lotus Carlton
(available in the early 90's section either in week 3 or 4 I can't remember)
((PAL version)) because I nearly bought it. It would seem there are odd cars
that pop up every now and again, like the infamous black carbon fibre specials
from day 694.

I bought the Lotus Carlton, It's a good car for drifting.

If only every Vauxhall could be tuned by Lotus...

I can crank out about three of these a night - I'm playing the game at the same time. Second time around (Day 701-1400) I'll be inserting colour names (I don't DO "Blue", "Black", "Silver" - especially when used Mercedes pop up with 900 different shades of silver).

In a week I've managed to do this, re-edit my licence database for PAL and get 111 gold licences on two games. And I'm chuffin' KNACKERED! :D

111 golds, nice work!

Well this list is greatly appreciated, maybe i should slow down so you can pass me in this database so i can see what good cars to buy!.

im currently at day 190 i think

Famine, why did you elect not to include the mileage? Just curious. On a different note, I can't find any diffences between the PAL and NTSC versions, so they are most likely identical, maybe some differences in the naming or certain models. Could be wrong though.

Other than the 6.2mile/10.0km cars, mileage plays no significant part in the car's stats. The lowest mileage I've seen on a car is 10,000 miles and it has just as much power as a 100,000 mile example...

A quick spot-check on a rare car shows that the TVR Griffith 500 appears on jkrobby's list in weeks 11 & 13 (Day 71, 85). In the PAL version it appears in weeks 12 & 13 (Day 78, 85) but not week 11. Therefore the lists are not identical.

So, (off topic) when do the cars start to lose power? Say you buy a new car from the dealer, how long until the HP first starts to be affected, and how long until it reaches it's absolute lowest point? Are all the used cars at theier lowest HP already? I have yet to even start investigating or searching threads for this info. Or is power loss due to engine abuse like over-revving, and not connected to mileage, as I have seen in various posts? On my second cycle through the 700 days I'm going to start buying all the rare cars to attempt getting EVERY model unlocked in arcade mode. Shouldn't take TOO long.:crazy:

I've not had time to investigate either. However, I'd imagine it's like in GT3, only with larger distances (otherwise the 24hr races would be an absolute nightmare).

I strangely don't have Excel on my computer. But I was wondering if someone could find the used Mercedes SL (the big one, not the slk), because I don't fancy shedding out over 100k for a new one.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back