Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,988 comments
Awesome they found an even worse way to get you to take their stupid ads everywhere. You can't do anything on this site without disabling it either.

Loving the merger, so sick

Edit: Enabled cosmetic filtering with uBlock and got around it.

View attachment 1340282
I use adblocker because I don't ask for ads... I never turn off filtering - a lot of extra clicks because of "request" pop-ups, but I don't watch ads.

Wondering if someone would be willing to try something for me. I love Lilski's Road America, but I have trouble with the ai going through Carousel. A lot of times they want to just run off the track somewhere around the apex of that turn. So I moved the left sideline in on that area and it seems to work pretty good so far.

What I was hoping is if someone could try this out and tell me what happens on their end and also if you notice any drop in the ai lap times. Sometimes when I mess with a track's sidelines, it seems to impact the ai lap times for some reason. You can PM me any results. And BTW, I included the original fast_lane file so no worries about reverting back. Thanks for any feedback...

One other thing because I never know if i'm up to date on my tracks. What is the date stamp you have on the main lilski_road_america.kn5 file. It's possible I have an old version of the track and maybe that's why I have trouble with the ai in Carousel.
Road America AI by Parrilla

That's chassis BJS-3, the one that didn't started at Le Mans in 1969. The picture is from the restored version (from 2005/2006), upgraded like all others to current safety regulations (plus a few other spotable things, like the steering wheel, definitely not period correct) That's my main base + some pictures from the Piper GTT and P2 as I guess they probably share some parts here and there.

I'm not convinced cars of the era back in the days had fire extinguisher and kill switches. Also, this is definitely a single seater, and I think group 6 cars (prototypes) must be at least 2 seaters, so they probably changed that too afterwards.
Did Piper ever compete in Le Mans or in any races at all.?

Wondering if someone would be willing to try something for me. I love Lilski's Road America, but I have trouble with the ai going through Carousel. A lot of times they want to just run off the track somewhere around the apex of that turn. So I moved the left sideline in on that area and it seems to work pretty good so far.

What I was hoping is if someone could try this out and tell me what happens on their end and also if you notice any drop in the ai lap times. Sometimes when I mess with a track's sidelines, it seems to impact the ai lap times for some reason. You can PM me any results. And BTW, I included the original fast_lane file so no worries about reverting back. Thanks for any feedback...

One other thing because I never know if i'm up to date on my tracks. What is the date stamp you have on the main lilski_road_america.kn5 file. It's possible I have an old version of the track and maybe that's why I have trouble with the ai in Carousel.
Road America AI by Rainmaker

The AI by Parrilla is only for aliens and much too fast for an old man.

Guys, whenever I do a race... About 10/11 laps usually, the ai goes to the pits in the last or penultimate lap somehow... I even disabled tyre change when they are worn in the settings of the F1 reg app...

Is there any solution to this... Had this with F1 2023 mod at Baku.... It is a bit frustrating... I mean why can't they just race normally then

Here at a 19 lap race at Montreal with 2023 cars... I was leading when everyone except the 2nd placed car pitted at the end of lap 16 and one lap later the 2nd placed car did it aswell as the other cars were still in... they are not even going back into the race, so I took to screenshots and they are also porting themselves to their pit box when they reach the line of the pits on some tracks... just straight teleport, in Bahrain they didn't port but it is still ruining the whole race... at another race at COTA it worked completely fine

Just whyyyyyy is this happening... I ruins all the "work" of the driven laps

And also... Why is isn't it happening on every track?

Attachments

• Screenshot (18).png
    Screenshot (18).png
    312 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot (19).png
    Screenshot (19).png
    347.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
The BAC Mono v1.1 by "Reboot Team" is a fantastic car and I use it very often to test new tracks.

But the cockpit interior is much too bright and very distracting in VR and also the shift sound is very loud.
If you have the same problem, you can add this to the "ext_config.ini" of the car.

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = darker interior
MATERIALS = interior
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.05
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.05
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0.05
PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 5

[AUDIO_VOLUME]
GEAR_EXT = 0.3
GEAR_INT = 0.3
DOWN_SHIFT = 0.2
UP_SHIFT = 0.2

Are there any NYC tracks made that have a circuit configuration featuring times square or the Brooklyn bridge?

Also are there any bridge/highway tracks that are compatible with laps ? The few i've found seemed to be continuous and the only NYC track i've found seemed to be unfinished/very low detailed.

Last edited:
X90
You can turn the AI strength down in the Quick Drive menu if it's too fast.
I know, but I prefer an AI, that has about the same strenght on every track, so I always can use the same AI settings. I don't want to have to test and adjust the AI strength for each track.

The Parrilla AIs are well done and perfect for really fast drivers, who can easily beat the normal 100 % AI. But the difference to the standard AI strength is just too big and so I deleted all Parrilla AIs from my tracks.

The BAC Mono v1.1 by "Reboot Team" is a fantastic car and I use it very often to test new tracks.

But the cockpit interior is much too bright and very distracting in VR and also the shift sound is very loud.
If you have the same problem, you can add this to the "ext_config.ini" of the car.

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = darker interior
MATERIALS = interior
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.05
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.05
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0.05
PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 5

[AUDIO_VOLUME]
GEAR_EXT = 0.3
GEAR_INT = 0.3
DOWN_SHIFT = 0.2
UP_SHIFT = 0.2
I fully agree on the BAC being a great car, but after having driven it for about 30000 km I still like the complete sound. About the interior being too bright, don't you think it might be one of your settings (CSP, SOL, PURE, whatever) ?
Because it looks fine to me.
Pic taken at noon, sol/clear sky/sol xtra PP.
Had to use my up/down view button, thus that somewhat darker upper part:

bacint.png

I fully agree on the BAC being a great car, but after having driven it for about 30000 km I still like the complete sound. About the interior being too bright, don't you think it might be one of your settings (CSP, SOL, PURE, whatever) ?

View attachment 1340389
Yep, it's always looked perfectly fine to me too.

Did Piper ever compete in Le Mans or in any races at all.?
Almost. first car didn't due to not being ready in time, second car did drive in practice but lost half the bodywork flying the Hunaudières straight, couldn't repair it in time before the end of practice, and the rule say both drivers must mark a time on the leaderboard to register for qualifying sessions. Only one did before the "crash", so... First and last apperance of the Piper at Le Mans, the end.

But a good bunch of P2 and GTT did some racing back in their day, moslty british races I guess.

View attachment 1340389
I'm using CSP 0.2.2 with SOL and the standard SOL PP filter in VR. But the pedals are very bright for a closed cockpit and if you drive over grass with the car the bottom plate is always changing between dark and bright. This is very visible and distracting for me in VR. I also tried to find an onboard video on youtube, where you can hear this loud shift sound, but I couldn't find any.

My fix is just an option, if someone has the same problems.

Last edited:
I'm using CSP 0.2.2 with SOL and the standard SOL PP filter in VR. But the pedals are very bright for a closed cockpit and if you drive over grass with the car the bottom plate is always changing between dark and bright. This is very visible and distracting for me in VR. I also tried to find an onboard video on youtube, where you can hear this loud shift sound, but I couldn't find any.

The floorpan flashing is probably the car's shadow or track groove clipping. It's a common problem with low cars. Try adjusting smart shadow options in CSP. If Ilja made car shadows not render until ~500mm away in first person view then it might help. A similar technique was used to stop long grass clipping into the cockpit.

Last edited:

Grass protruding through the bottom plate is a thing, but there's a massive amount of mods that show this.
Being on triple screen setup I only get to see it when I use my 'look down' button...

The floorpan flashing is probably the car's shadow or track groove clipping. It's a common problem with low cars. Try adjusting smart shadow options in CSP. If Ilja made car shadows not render until ~500mm away in first person view then it might help. A similar technique was used to stop long grass clipping into the cockpit.
Thank you for the tip, but I don't know, what setting to change. Do you mean "CSP/Smart Shadows/Extension/Distances for interior"?
What values do you use to prevent track groove clipping?

Grass protruding through the bottom plate is a thing, but there's a massive amount of mods that show this.
Being on triple screen setup I only get to see it when I use my 'look down' button...

This onboard video shows perfectly what I mean. You can hear the shift sound clearly only when the car is still standing (Gear 0-1), but when he drives, the engine is so loud, that you can hear the shift sound only very quiet and subtle under the engine noise. It's there, but you have to concentrate to hear it. That's what my sound setting tries to reproduce.

Last edited:
Thank you for the tip, but I don't know, what setting to change. Do you mean "CSP/Smart Shadows/Extension/Distances for interior"?
What values do you use to prevent track groove clipping?
I think I just disabled smart shadows entirely, but it might be possible by adjusting the parameters. Try some and see?

Guys, so I've noticed that some cars have a lot more bounce-to-the ounce and some cars have too much cushion when pushing.

Okay, in English, some cars seem to have a lot more bounce in cockpit view. For instance, the VRC trans-am cars have great visual bounce/feedback. I love it personally.

I think I saw somewhere where you guys were discussing a setting for each car that can be changed to increase this? There are some cars that are so over smooth visually in the cockpit and I'd like to increase the 'bounce' in those specific cars that I think are too still while driving.

I don't want to adjust NeckFX. My NeckFX settings are perfect for me for most cars, but there are some cars I'd like to adjust. Is there an .ini setting that each car has for this or was that a false memory I had?

Last edited:
I think I've found it. Per a scan of Appendix J of the 1970 FIA International Sporting Code, it states in Article 253 section m (on page 15/16 of the PDF): "during the event, the car shall carry a dry chemical fire-extinguisher of at least 1 kg capacity. It may be located in the space provided for the passenger."

I cannot find any mention of an emergency kill switch though. I recommend having a read through the PDF, very interesting info in here.

I did read somewhere that the historical 24h Le Mans rules were different from FIA. If this is true, is there also a historical regulation overview on the 24h Le Mans races?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back