Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,496 comments
I feel like a vegan when always stating that I'm using VR for this hobby, but the experience is in fact so dramatically different to monitor users, that it needs to be stated. They have it so good in regard to "acceptable quality of all the mods".
Like I have this 7 year old Wiesmann GT MF5 in my library. And I boot it up and without trying to sound like spoiled brat, the cockpit-visuals horrify me. So, I start welding, smoothing, cutting and UV-mapping the polygons. I create AO-maps, set all the material parameters, pour some PBR over it, and suddenly (about 8 hours of work) it looks gorgeous in VR. But!! I then take some photo's of the "before and after" result on my monitor, and you hardly see any difference. Meanwhile the difference in VR is staggering.
I guess I'm trying to say, that even though I love VR, I'm sometimes a little jealous of them monitor users. :P

This is what I mean:
View attachment 1340569
Before
View attachment 1340570
After

And I had the same with the TVR Tuscan S, where I poured maybe 25 hours of updating-work in:
View attachment 1340574
Before
View attachment 1340575
After

Maybe you see the differences as well on your monitor, but in the before-shots, it looks acceptable on the monitor, where in VR they look completely unacceptable. Sigh.., the good old monitor life, I miss you. Sometimes.
I totally agree, for me the most important thing is VAO-patch... that make the whole different for the interior of a Car. As in VR we dont have (yet) extraFX we can not use Abient Oclusión... best option here is https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-bakeryoptix . for example... most of the RSS mods does not come with a vao-patch (I don't know why), bakeryoptix is the option

hi

Where can I find the Caterham Stack font?
How is this for you ?
cat_stack.png

I used digital_big font (attached here, as well as the digital_instruments.ini
I suppose you know how to...

Attachments

• font.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 4
  • digital_instruments.ini
    2.4 KB · Views: 4
See the image. The tree in the shaded area are LIT UP.
AC has many mods improving the game in various aspects. Is there any mod that improves this graphics aspect (I won't call it an issue) of the game Or is there a CM setting that fixes it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_jw_porsche_997_gt3_rs_ks_nordschleife_26-2-124-22-54-3.jpg
    Screenshot_jw_porsche_997_gt3_rs_ks_nordschleife_26-2-124-22-54-3.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 5
For what reason of the world could Codriver App's Voice have turned into mute? Beeps are correct, odometer counting km, but Helena Microsoft is not speaking anymore, without having touched or changed anything.
Tried to reinstall, in different ways, tried some different voices, tried different languages. Tried to play audio files by Media player, they sound pretty good but in any case my (brother's) Codriver is speaking anymore.

Maybe she went on strike for being abused.

Hi good people!

This is not my mod, all credits to Andrés Prada.

Screenshot-acm-tutorial-basic-a15-turbo-rmi-slo-dobsina-Copy.jpg

DOWNLOAD
Mazda 3 2.5 BP pack
im trying to download it but for some reason it is stopping the download, and cant find it anywhere... do you still have the files?, it is my IRL car and it would be pretty badass to drive it in the ring :embarrassed:

Attachments

• Imagen de WhatsApp 2024-03-17 a las 19.09.01_7d4ec56a.jpg
    Imagen de WhatsApp 2024-03-17 a las 19.09.01_7d4ec56a.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
There was a sportscar championship before the LMES, it was from 1997 to 2003, which included the LMP, WSC, LMP675, LMP900 etc.
The GTP category was to attract the small car manufacturer like Rondeau or else and introduce them to prototype before the Group 6 and Group C. It was a fairly free class at first, and in the 80's it became the home of Mazda until the 767b^^.
The LMGTS is basically the GT1 after 1999, which was before the GT2^^. and it became GT1 again in mid-2000.
The GTE was the GT2 and LMGT.

to resume:
GT2 GT1 LMGTS GT1
GT2 GT2 LMGT GT2 GTE
Yeah GT was a bit messy to follow - but post 1993 (when GT racing returned to Le Mans, there have essentially been 4 categories of GT used:

GT1 : 1993-1998 (just called GT in 1993)
GT2 : 1994-2010 (this was renamed to GT in 2000, and GT1 in 2005 until it's removal)
GTE : 1999-2023 (Started life as N-GT in 1999, before being renamed to GT2 in 2005, and eventually GTE in 2011)
GT3 : 2005-Current (Technically sits under GTE, as it was introduced as 'GT3' while GTE was still known as GT2)

But these did broadly line up with FIA at the time as well.

As for Sportscar/Prototype racing, yes there was that period in 2003 when there was a lot of different, but similar rulesets, that sort of converged into the advent of LMP1 and LMP2 that was recognised with FIA from mid 2000s.

Going backwards, you could essentially say (and this is in very simple terms than the actual nuances of the regulation changes and lineage):
LMP1 = WSC (1994-1998), SR / SRP (1998-2002), LMP / LMP1 (1996-1999), LMGTP (1999-2003), LMP900 (2000-2003), LMP1 (2004-2020)
LMP2 = LMP675 (2000-2003), LMP2 (2004- )

Prior to those, LMP1 < Group C < Group 6 (1966-1982) + Group 5 (1970-1975) < Prototype (1962-1965) < Sportscar (dawn of time, essentially)

The interesting bit to me is during the FIA's numbered Group system (60s-70s), during most of it, ACO still just classified as "Prototype", "Sportscar" and "GT"

PS: Noting I may have some of that a tiny bit wrong, as I've made updates to my little doc I'm working in, but its across two docs and haven't lined everything up fully.

now that blender 4.1 can import 3ds.Max files, would anyone be interested in converting the IRL late 90s Indycar (dallara and G-force) into Assetto Corsa, I know it does not get much more niche than that, but would be cool to race them at Indianapolis and other speedways.

Attachments

• Image2.png
    Image2.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I feel like a vegan when always stating that I'm using VR for this hobby, but the experience is in fact so dramatically different to monitor users, that it needs to be stated. They have it so good in regard to "acceptable quality of all the mods"......
I'm VR driver too and that's also the reason why I put so much emphasis and work on the interior of my mods and try to work out the details as best as I can. 😌

Seems the problem is bound to the AI spline. Do you have this error for other tracks? Not every track has an AI spline.
good morning, I don't have problems with other tracks. I solved it by deleting the folder and copying it again. It works now but. I don't know what the problem could have been

Hi,It doesn't work for me, can you put the mod for download with the modification? thxxx
All you need is the car and the 'fixes' I posted.
Open data and replace digital_instruments.ini with the one I posted.
In case the new font isn't present in your font folder, add the one I provided in assettocorsa>content>fonts.
That's all that has to be done.
Can't give you the modified mod because I already deleted it (folder name too long and with capitals which causes issues in CM, and changing the name didn't work because some kind of encryption). I don't keep crappy mods like that.

All you need is the car and the 'fixes' I posted.
Open data and replace digital_instruments.ini with the one I posted.
In case the new font isn't present in your font folder, add the one I provided in assettocorsa>content>fonts.
That's all that has to be done.
Can't give you the modified mod because I already deleted it (folder name too long and with capitals which causes issues in CM, and changing the name didn't work because some kind of encryption). I don't keep crappy mods like that.

ok.thxx

I've already done that, it doesn't work, is this the mod? Caterham 7 Superlight R500

wip wip wip
__custom_showroom_1711544414.jpg

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1711544483.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1711544483.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hello racers,

I have a question, why is my ai pitting near the end of the race or at the end of the last lap, and even more... Why are they stuck in the pits then and not getting back out on the track if it happens before the end of the race... only when retired they should stay there but they are driving in manually and never going back out.
I hope everyone understands what I mean.

And it only happens if the race distance is at a certain amount... so at about 10 laps they will do such thing but not on an 5 lap race somehow

Any ideas how to prevent this cuz I really don't know what is causing this.

Last edited:
Well I partly disagree with you, the before shorts certainly do look horrid on my screen! Great job, they look so much better in the after shots, especially the Wiesmann.
Legend, seems pretty straight forward.
Am I ok to ask a further question about VAO patch for cars? Just seen someone mention it regards interior and I'm curious.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back