• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,473 comments
Renault Espace F1 but with an AO map, and much more
but low quality
worth it?
__custom_showroom_1711441665.jpg
__custom_showroom_1711441654.jpg
__custom_showroom_1711441635.jpg

I did read somewhere that the historical 24h Le Mans rules were different from FIA. If this is true, is there also a historical regulation overview on the 24h Le Mans races?
I guess because the cars running the historical Le mans don't fit the modern FIA rules, so they had to make "modern" rules specifically for those races ? I dunno.

Almost. first car didn't due to not being ready in time, second car did drive in practice but lost half the bodywork flying the Hunaudières straight, couldn't repair it in time before the end of practice, and the rule say both drivers must mark a time on the leaderboard to register for qualifying sessions. Only one did before the "crash", so... First and last apperance of the Piper at Le Mans, the end.

But a good bunch of P2 and GTT did some racing back in their day, moslty british races I guess.
didn't the piper GTR do some british races? i saw it in entry lists in 1966 and monza for 1967

I did read somewhere that the historical 24h Le Mans rules were different from FIA. If this is true, is there also a historical regulation overview on the 24h Le Mans races?
I think that's true. The ACO ran Le Mans independently from 1923. The AIACR only became the FIA after the war and the FIA only started publishing car classifications then, I believe. Once that happened, the ACO generally adopted them for Le Mans, with some exceptions/additions/relaxations occasionally.
Since 2012, the 24hrs of Le Mans has been a part of the FIA World Endurance Championship, and the FIA and the ACO have worked together under the "Accords Le Mans" agreement.

I don't know of a Historical ACO regulations resource, but that seems like something I'd like to research.

Last edited:
I think that's true. The ACO ran Le Mans independently from 1923. The AIACR only became the FIA after the war and the FIA only started publishing car classifications then, I believe. Once that happened, the ACO generally adopted them for Le Mans, with some exceptions/additions/relaxations occasionally.
Since 2012, the 24hrs of Le Mans has been a part of the FIA World Endurance Championship, and the FIA and the ACO have worked together under the "Accords Le Mans" agreement.

I don't know of a Historical ACO regulations resource, but that seems like something I'd like to research.
In fact Le Mans always complained to FIA rules, at least their regulations and car clisaffication, expect for some categories in 70-80's.
even since 1923 there was a tehcnical regulation from the ACO, not the former FIA name. you can find the regulations sometimes on the net, or on the FIA website, even for the very old one.

Sadly most of their time, the FIA tryed to kill Le Mans, and/or at least make them weaker than F1, and the ACO bosses alwyas wanted to keep the freedom of us form the FIA.

Last edited:
hi, the car driven by AI enters the pits during a race, but is unable to get out: it accelerates, swerves but remains stuck in the pits. What's the problem? Thank you
I'm having the excat same issue but don't know how to fix ist, and it isn't happening on every track track I race on

It is such a ****ing joke, 14 lap race at montreal and the ai ports into the pits at the end of lap 12 and is slightly jumping in the pitlane and is not going to get out after this, it is so annoying and I have no frickin' clue why this **** is happening

If it is an issue with the cars, track, rare app or major game issue or whatever I have no idea and I'm tired of this nonsense, it is like fighting against something but you don't know what to fight

Maybe it ist because the RARE app cant work with the cars I use on some tracks but I'd really like to get an answer on this otherwise it is just frustrating

Last edited:
In fact Le Mans always complained to FIA rules, at least their regulations and car clisaffication, expect for some categories in 70-80's.
even since 1923 there was a tehcnical regulation from the ACO, not the former FIA name. you can find the regulations sometimes on the net, or on the FIA website, even for the very old one.

Sadly most of their time, the FIA tryed to kill Le Mans, and/or at least make them weaker than F1, and the ACO bosses alwyas wanted to keep the freedom of us form the FIA.
Yes, I've been trying to put together a category lineage for WEC / Le Mans, and have come across a similar understanding.

ACO added in 'Prototypes' in 1962, is my understanding, and GT from 1959. FIA brought in their "Groups" to essentially define the same categories in 1966, but ACO continued to categorise as Sportscars, Prototypes and GT until 1977 (I may be slightly out, but this is just what my research has been showing). From 1977, they essentially ran to the FIA Groups for a few years, before adding in GTP alongside Group 6 at around the same time Group C was about to start.

From what I've seen it looks like, to me at least, that 2004 is probably the year we can say FIA and ACO aligned finally (unofficially I guess) on categories - at this point having LMP1, LMP2, and LMGTS (which would essentially become GTE).

So I got a bug up my butt and looked to see if it were possible for AI to drift. I'm not a drifter, but I might try tandem drifting with AI for the hell of it. Found a way to make unencrypted drift cars work as AI drift bots, so I made a little preview with some smoke for the 4 cars I set up as AI drifters... because I'm a geek with OCD.

2024-03-26 11_39_58-BCRC M_E - Ferrari GT3.png

Yes, I've been trying to put together a category lineage for WEC / Le Mans, and have come across a similar understanding.

ACO added in 'Prototypes' in 1962, is my understanding, and GT from 1959. FIA brought in their "Groups" to essentially define the same categories in 1966, but ACO continued to categorise as Sportscars, Prototypes and GT until 1977 (I may be slightly out, but this is just what my research has been showing). From 1977, they essentially ran to the FIA Groups for a few years, before adding in GTP alongside Group 6 at around the same time Group C was about to start.

From what I've seen it looks like, to me at least, that 2004 is probably the year we can say FIA and ACO aligned finally (unofficially I guess) on categories - at this point having LMP1, LMP2, and LMGTS (which would essentially become GTE).
There was a sportscar championship before the LMES, it was from 1997 to 2003, which included the LMP, WSC, LMP675, LMP900 etc.
The GTP category was to attract the small car manufacturer like Rondeau or else and introduce them to prototype before the Group 6 and Group C. It was a fairly free class at first, and in the 80's it became the home of Mazda until the 767b^^.
The LMGTS is basically the GT1 after 1999, which was before the GT2^^. and it became GT1 again in mid-2000.
The GTE was the GT2 and LMGT.

to resume:
GT2 GT1 LMGTS GT1
GT2 GT2 LMGT GT2 GTE

I have some mods that seem to have totally messed up skins/textures for different LODs...when watching a replay for example the car skin changes when its distance to the camera changes. Some mods show this effect only with some details (e.g. the side mirros change color) and others change their whole skin in some weird way. Anybody knows this effect, it's causes and maybe even a solution?

I have some mods that seem to have totally messed up skins/textures for different LODs...when watching a replay for example the car skin changes when its distance to the camera changes. Some mods show this effect only with some details (e.g. the side mirros change color) and others change their whole skin in some weird way. Anybody knows this effect, it's causes and maybe even a solution?
Non-corresponding materials/shaders between LODs. If the object change aspect (more or less shiny, for exemple), you can change the shaders values in CM by yourself (just switch to the LOD you want to change and select the object) to make it similar to the LOD A one. If the texture is also changing, that means re-doing the LOD properly.

Guys, so I've noticed that some cars have a lot more bounce-to-the ounce and some cars have too much cushion when pushing.

Okay, in English, some cars seem to have a lot more bounce in cockpit view. For instance, the VRC trans-am cars have great visual bounce/feedback. I love it personally.

I think I saw somewhere where you guys were discussing a setting for each car that can be changed to increase this? There are some cars that are so over smooth visually in the cockpit and I'd like to increase the 'bounce' in those specific cars that I think are too still while driving.

I don't want to adjust NeckFX. My NeckFX settings are perfect for me for most cars, but there are some cars I'd like to adjust. Is there an .ini setting that each car has for this or was that a false memory I had?
Adjust "shake_mul" in car.ini (it's usually around 3, apparently, but I tend to like it higher as well).

I'm working on this mod and wondered if anyone has any tips on getting a correct fitting collider?
Hello BTW, new to AC modding as mainly do scene renders but realised i can get them into the game and get pretty good results... and drive them about a bit!

View attachment 1340556
Take a Kunos one that is not to much different in size to your car. Convert it to fbx (CM etc) load it up in your 3D software on top of your car and adjust the collider to fit the car. Export the collider object only as an fbx, load that fbx alone into kseditor, save as collider.kn5 using the option car with no textures. You may need to tweak it a few times to get it neat. Keep faces as low as possible, less than 100 is good.

I feel like a vegan when always stating that I'm using VR for this hobby, but the experience is in fact so dramatically different to monitor users, that it needs to be stated. They have it so good in regard to "acceptable quality of all the mods".
Like I have this 7 year old Wiesmann GT MF5 in my library. And I boot it up and without trying to sound like spoiled brat, the cockpit-visuals horrify me. So, I start welding, smoothing, cutting and UV-mapping the polygons. I create AO-maps, set all the material parameters, pour some PBR over it, and suddenly (about 8 hours of work) it looks gorgeous in VR. But!! I then take some photo's of the "before and after" result on my monitor, and you hardly see any difference. Meanwhile the difference in VR is staggering.
I guess I'm trying to say, that even though I love VR, I'm sometimes a little jealous of them monitor users. :P

This is what I mean:
Before_Wiesmann.jpg
Before
After_Wiesmann.jpg
After

And I had the same with the TVR Tuscan S, where I poured maybe 25 hours of updating-work in:
Before_Tuscan_S.jpg
Before
After_Tuscan_S.jpg
After

Maybe you see the differences as well on your monitor, but in the before-shots, it looks acceptable on the monitor, where in VR they look completely unacceptable. Sigh.., the good old monitor life, I miss you. Sometimes.

I feel like a vegan when always stating that I'm using VR for this hobby, but the experience is in fact so dramatically different to monitor users, that it needs to be stated. They have it so good in regard to "acceptable quality of all the mods".
Like I have this 7 year old Wiesmann GT MF5 in my library. And I boot it up and without trying to sound like spoiled brat, the cockpit-visuals horrify me. So, I start welding, smoothing, cutting and UV-mapping the polygons. I create AO-maps, set all the material parameters, pour some PBR over it, and suddenly (about 8 hours of work) it looks gorgeous in VR. But!! I then take some photo's of the "before and after" result on my monitor, and you hardly see any difference. Meanwhile the difference in VR is staggering.
I guess I'm trying to say, that even though I love VR, I'm sometimes a little jealous of them monitor users. :P

This is what I mean:
View attachment 1340569
Before
View attachment 1340570
After

And I had the same with the TVR Tuscan S, where I poured maybe 25 hours of updating-work in:
View attachment 1340574
Before
View attachment 1340575
After

Maybe you see the differences as well on your monitor, but in the before-shots, it looks acceptable on the monitor, where in VR they look completely unacceptable. Sigh.., the good old monitor life, I miss you. Sometimes.
Well I partly disagree with you, the before shorts certainly do look horrid on my screen! Great job, they look so much better in the after shots, especially the Wiesmann.

This is what I mean:
View attachment 1340569
Before
View attachment 1340570
After

View attachment 1340574
Before
View attachment 1340575
After

Well, I see a PRETTY BIG difference myself, and without VR. Job's done, nice!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back