Used Car Cycles 1-75 (Day 525) - PAL ONLY

• Thread starter Famine
  • 234 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
vipersan
there seems to be something wrong in calendar - I'm on day 1418 on my secondary card and it shows 18. february ... according to calendar it should be 19. february ... check it out.

edit: aslo: Famine: in list there is a Nissan Skyline GTR '99 (R34) listed as available in used cars late 90's in cycle 3. I am here right now and it isn't. I also checked your color list and there it isn't listed, so it's just a typo. One (what is that sign for available cars - "check" sign :D) too many.
I discovered the bug today.. on the 29th february!!!!!
The Gt4 calendar has leap years!!! What a precision. Year 1 of the game must be 2005 in real life.
I'll fix it tomorrow.. too late now.
I'm also working on the Nissan 200SX bug on my list. I'll update it next week when finished.

To j8mie: download the calendar in my signature (after fixing!)
there is a Nissan Skyline GTR '99 (R34) listed as available in used cars late 90's in cycle 3. I am here right now and it isn't. I also checked your color list and there it isn't listed, so it's just a typo. One (what is that sign for available cars - "check" sign ) too many.
is this confirmed by anyone?

well take a look at famine's list. The car is listed as not available in colors menu but it is available in overview :).

Duck
...To j8mie: download the calendar in my signature (after fixing!)..

Cheers for that Duck. That will makes things a little easier.

However colum N starts at days number 42001 instead of 4201.

calendar fixed (imho: 29th Feb added and 4201 cell corrected;
I updated the old post and my signature. You can download it in both.

Just one week to fix the Nissan 200 SX mistake. I will update the used car db tomorrow

Update - cars to Week 62, colours to Week 56...

Ok, sorry if this has been mentioned here, I've read through most of the thread and couldnt find anything on it.

I dont understand the timeline in that excel file.

For example, I am at day 528. I want to buy a Mercedes SL500. According to that sheet where it goes from day 1 to 62, what day am I in? How did you work this out?

Thanks.

up in the posts #168 an #169

Will write here again, last time and as corrected by Famine :)

- Take the day number you see in your GT4 game (example 1213)
- Subtract 700 of that number so many times, until you get 3 digit number smaller than 700 (700 days represent one full cycle), (1213-1*700=513). That is your base number for calculating weeks.
- Divide that number by 7 (513/7=73,285...) and just cut off the decimals and ADD one and there you get it (73+1=74 -> Week 74).

Done with help of Famine :)

Also: Famine - tnx for the updated list

vipersan
up in the posts #168 an #169

Will write here again, last time and as corrected by Famine :)

- Take the day number you see in your GT4 game (example 1213)
- Subtract 700 of that number so many times, until you get 3 digit number smaller than 700 (700 days represent one full cycle), (1213-1*700=513). That is your base number for calculating weeks.
- Divide that number by 7 (513/7=73,285...) and just cut off the decimals and ADD one and there you get it (73+1=74 -> Week 74).

Done with help of Famine :)

Also: Famine - tnx for the updated list

Oh, so in that Excel file, those numbers from 1 to 62 are weeks? But what happens if you have a negative number?

ie I'm up to 528 days. Therefore 528-700 = -172. Do I ignore that negative sign? So if I divide that by 7 and round it off, I get 25 so I'm in week 25. And cars change by the week then?

Thanks btw.

XPLOSV
Oh, so in that Excel file, those numbers from 1 to 62 are weeks? But what happens if you have a negative number?

ie I'm up to 528 days. Therefore 528-700 = -172. Do I ignore that negative sign? So if I divide that by 7 and round it off, I get 25 so I'm in week 25. And cars change by the week then?

Thanks btw.

For first 100 weeks only use this:

You are on week 76.

And yes, cars change after every 7 game days.

After the first 100 weeks, use the method from vipersan en famine.

Thanks mate, thats cleared it up. BUT:

How do I relate that number (number 76) to the numbers that are on the excel sheet?

The numbers go from 1 to 62? Is that in weeks. And once you are past 62 weeks do they just go back to week 1. So effectively I would be in week 14 regarding the used car cycle?

HEY I'M IN VIC TOO.. lol

anyways, to answer your question.

The database is only up to week 62 of 100.. after week 100 the cycle starts back at week 1 but the days keep on counting and that's why you need the formula (see kamikaze's post) to figure out what week your in according to how many day's you've raced.

ONLY USE THE FORMULA AFTER ONE CYCLE (OR 700 DAYS)

Whether on day 800 or 2000, use the formaula to find out what week you're in and therefore see what used cars are on offer in the weeks to come..

XPLOSV
Thanks mate, thats cleared it up. BUT:

How do I relate that number (number 76) to the numbers that are on the excel sheet?

The numbers go from 1 to 62? Is that in weeks. And once you are past 62 weeks do they just go back to week 1. So effectively I would be in week 14 regarding the used car cycle?

Post #1:

Famine
first 62 weeks

[...]

up to week 62.

There are ONE HUNDRED weeks in total, from day 1 to day 700. The next cycle of ONE HUNDRED weeks - which is identical - starts on day 701 and runs through to day 1400.

You are in Week 76. I have not yet chronicled the used cars available in week 76, however Duck's overview sheet (also available in this thread) will give you an idea of what is available during that week.

*dies*

It's all I can do to stay ahead of you!

Famine
*dies*

It's all I can do to stay ahead of you!

*reanimates Famine*

Relax, dude. :sly: I only do 6 cycles a week for the colors (I could at least do 12:scared: ). Even if I did more, I'll still have to wait for your updates. :dopey: (Absoluty no problem with that).

Besides you do a lot, a lot more work then me. I only add colours while you do everything else. (enter all the cars in seperate sheets + making the overview sheet). Hell of a job. :scared:

Keep up the good work. 👍 👍 👍

XPLOSV
Ok, sorry if this has been mentioned here, I've read through most of the thread and couldnt find anything on it.

I dont understand the timeline in that excel file.

For example, I am at day 528. I want to buy a Mercedes SL500. According to that sheet where it goes from day 1 to 62, what day am I in? How did you work this out?

Thanks.
very simple. Download & print the calendar in my signature ;-)
It shows the number of the day, the week (1-100) and the day of the year (26 Apr etc) for the first years of game.

Howdo!

Sorry for the brief hiatus. I reached a sort of impasse in my game and went to do the Nurburgring 24hr race. Which took me a week.

I've now uploaded the file I finished before I started that - with lists up to Week 67 and kamikazekoala's colours up to Week 62. Hopefully I can now get back into the swing of things and we can crank this out before the start of July...

um, famine.. iunno if im wrong (which is prolly more likely) but the honda accord US coupe 88 model (which was muh first car) isnt 22,090 credits...

When it's a low-mileage (10.0km/6.2mi) one it is - 118hp as opposed to 107hp.

The rest of the time it's 9,099 credits.

very good work. I'm waiting for the complete list.
If i can help, tell me how via PM (as is simplier to find the messages)
I'm on day 760 so i cannot complete the list, but i can do other tasks.
Just PM

Hey, I absolutly love this list and ill be a great help in my quest to own every car in the game (I'm about half way). I just wanted to know if u seach does it search ALL of the list of just the section you are on? And if it doesn't is there a way to make it search the whole thing? Wish I could help but am on day 1486 sorry but again if you would like help in anything PM me thnx
DJ

The final sheet gives a complete overview of ALL the weeks.

Ohh thank you and last time I checked I had over 500 cars. Go me hehe.
Umm I was just going through the final page and found that the car 'Nissan Silvia 240RS (S100)' is in there and in the total box it says 0 so i searched for ticks and found none is this car in there? Or is it in a week not yet to be recorded? Just an observation.
DJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back