Used Car Cycles 1-75 (Day 525) - PAL ONLY

• Thread starter Famine
  • 234 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thrasher187
the best explanation i have currently is that some cars only show up as many times as they have colors at the dealer showroom

[...]

i'm under the impression that each color of all cars has to be available at some point or another....

I'd tend to agree with that, but in the case of the three cars highlighted you can win them, repeatedly, in Special Condition Hall. So in theory, all of the colours are available elsewhere.

Famine
I'd tend to agree with that, but in the case of the three cars highlighted you can win them, repeatedly, in Special Condition Hall. So in theory, all of the colours are available elsewhere.

had to recheck the prizelist to see this... but for 1 car you are right... the renault 5 turbo can be won... the other 2 are only available as rally version by winning them

Famine
Naming conventions.

In Europe, the car is called "Mitsubishi 3000GT". In Japan it's called "Mitsubishi GTO". I believe there was some legal implication about the crossover with the Ferrari GTOs, but, simply, I prefer "Mitsubishi GTO". Plus it's shorter to type.

imho you should use the in-game (=european) name, how is anyone who doesn't know the real cars supposed to use your list if the names aren't as in-game?

Indeed. But it IS a Nissan - or rather two - and I've listed it as such to avoid the question "Where can I upgrade my Sileighty?". In any case, it ought to be "SilEighty".

same as GTO, people want to use your list and might not be able to if the alphabetical order is different

That's listed as Renaultsport Clio V6 (its real-world name), and has appeared 11 times.

the year is different, but i figured that's just another typo on the overview list (where it says 2001)

hydr0x
imho you should use the in-game (=european) name, how is anyone who doesn't know the real cars supposed to use your list if the names aren't as in-game?

When the list is complete I will add a note with regional car name differences (Lutecia/Clio, MX-5/Miata/Eunos Roadster and suchlike). Nevertheless, don't forget that Europe isn't the only place where the PAL game is used.

With regards to the SilEighty, who would you prefer as a manufacturer name?

Every other car in the list has a manufacturer name preceding it - presumably so the people who don't know the real cars know where to take it to tune it. For clarity's sakes alone this demands that a manufacturer name is added - and the manufacturer is Nissan.

hydr0x
the year is different, but i figured that's just another typo on the overview list (where it says 2001)

Fixed - will amend in the next update.

Famine
When the list is complete I will add a note with regional car name differences (Lutecia/Clio, MX-5/Miata/Eunos Roadster and suchlike). Nevertheless, don't forget that Europe isn't the only place where the PAL game is used.

yeah but don't you forget that the PAL version calls the car GT3000, so that should be the main name.... (or is it called GTO in the UK PAL ??)

With regards to the SilEighty, who would you prefer as a manufacturer name?

well, none, the most interesting use of the list is to compare it what with your dealer has in GT4, what you have and so on... and if someone sees a SilEighty at the dealer and wants to find it in your list it's almost impossible for him (if it's printed out), he'd have to scan every line if he doesn't know it's a Nissan

Every other car in the list has a manufacturer name preceding it

you could list it under (Nissan) SilEighty at the position in the list where SilEighty would be alphabetical (between Renault and Subaru that is)

- presumably so the people who don't know the real cars know where to take it to tune it.

huh why should anyone use the list for THAT?? i don't think anyone does, first, it's a used car list, noone expects it to be a "where-to-tune"-list, second, the game tells you where you can tune your car, the manufacturer and all tuners who tune the car are marked yellow on the map....

For clarity's sakes alone this demands that a manufacturer name is added - and the manufacturer is Nissan.

i'd prefer the (Nissan) method for that if you really really need it, i'd also switch the Renault<->Clio so it's at the alphabetical position where the in-game-name would be at

hydr0x
yeah but don't you forget that the PAL version calls the car GT3000, so that should be the main name.... (or is it called GTO in the UK PAL ??)

Well, it's called "3000GT". But simply, I prefer GTO. That's pretty much that.

hydr0x
well, none, the most interesting use of the list is to compare it what with your dealer has in GT4, what you have and so on... and if someone sees a SilEighty at the dealer and wants to find it in your list it's almost impossible for him (if it's printed out), he'd have to scan every line if he doesn't know it's a Nissan

[...]

you could list it under (Nissan) SilEighty at the position in the list where SilEighty would be alphabetical (between Renault and Subaru that is)

I'd say that it's most useful when in Excel. If written as "(Nissan)", using the list sorting function would result in (Nissan) being first -or last - and out of sequence with all other Nissans.

hydr0x
huh why should anyone use the list for THAT?? i don't think anyone does, first, it's a used car list, noone expects it to be a "where-to-tune"-list, second, the game tells you where you can tune your car, the manufacturer and all tuners who tune the car are marked yellow on the map....

I didn't say anyone WOULD use the list for that - and in fact it's neither my responsibility or concern WHAT they use this list for. Fact is, the car IS a Nissan. Thus it's listed with ALL the other Nissans. To facilitate this, and taking advantage of Excel's functions, it is prefixed with the correct manufacturer name.

The same goes for the Clio - although in real life it's known as the Renaultsport Clio V6, rather than the game's "Clio Renault Sport" (there are six Renaultsport Clio models in the real world, only two of which are the V6. The other four are rather lower-powered front wheel drive cars).

I've tried to keep the list as consistent to the game as possible, but where the game exhibits obvious incongruity with itself, I have corrected for the aberrations. The SilEighty and Clio SHOULD have manufacturer names in front of them - all the other cars do. So in my list, they do.

has anyone tried tuning the SilEighty?.. you can't tune it at Nismo.. it can only be tuned at the Tuning Village..

Just thought I'd add my two cents.. :D

Famine: great work, as usual! Tnx.

When you will finish I intend to make notes which cars to buy in which week to get 'em all :).

The SilEighty should definielty be listed as a nissan- because nissan did build a limited run (400) of "semi-official" sileightys in the mid-90s. there were identifiable by the rear panel having "sileighty" written on it, instead of "180sx" for an un-official one.

if the Gt4 sileighty has that written on the back, then it's a proper Nissan one. I think this is a problem with the game more than the list.

Good thing to add colours but I don't think it's useful because if they aren't completely random I can at least say that they are not the same anymore when you start another 700days cycle, I know because I checked each and every "10km only" used car until week41 to see if i could get a better color and they all had a differetn color in days 701-1400 than they had in days 1-700.
Does everyone have the same colors when you start the game ? anyone checked ?

I'm currently doing my own list btw based mostly on yours, I started doing it the 1srt time you put the "used cars overview" in your list.

Power and torque are taken from the main list NOT spec sheet of car so I'm using "theoretical" rather than actual power numbers but anyway when you make the oil change it will be different and it's mileage dependant so I don't see the point to do more.
Other units on the right of the sheet are calculated based on my favorite "Swiss" units so they may look weird..

aahhhh s**t I can't upload it because..ZIP format is not up to the task...:grumpy:
.zip it's 168Kbs (too big to attach)
.rar it's 60Kbs
Ok so I renamed it but it is a " .RAR " file !!!

edit:
oh I've got weeks 1-41 thanks to you Famine :) and also weeks 90-100 (that's when I started doing it)
altough I tried to already put all the cars in the list even iI have never seen them in-game I tried to keep the car list in the same order as Famine's list so I could update mine easily based on yours :)
edit 2 :
arf forgot to put some cars in it like the Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 and Renault 5 Turbo which I bought I dont know when :/

Oh btw the Renault is called :
"Renault Clio Sport V6" in real life.
Renaultsport does not exist, it is a : "Renault Clio" model - "Sport" version - with a "V6" engine
and for those that are interested real-life handling is a lot worst than the great fun this car is in GT4 :) Buy it in GT4, avoid it in real-life.

Thrasher187
are you sure... they are talking about renaultsport all the time on this site :dunce:
http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/

a lame attempt to sell French cars to a country that doesn't like french people lol

ok Renaultsport exists in the UK but it's a not really a "car brand name" because in France it doesn't exist and as those are French cars only the french name is the right one for me, and anyway there is no Renaulsport brand or separate division when they sell it the only one is Renault and you're gonna byu them in a Renault garage. Renaultsport is just a marketing trick to make you think it's a super-sporty car..in the TVR country I think that's quite a joke, here they don't have to try to trick us they sell enough already lol

Ok my posts may look weird to people in UK but I don't care I'm not buying the Renaulsport UK advertising 👎 youa re buying a Renault and not some separate "better" brand of car.

Famine
Right. This is the point at which I've lost patience.

If you're so eagerly awaiting things from me, why don't you get your own information?

I don't recall at any point you asking for my permission to use the data I'd collected - unlike kamikazekoala who did - for your own purposes, before blaming me for not supplying the information you need.

I'm doing this as a public service - to pass on what I've learned to the population of the GT-playing community at large. Broadly-speaking, they know and know they can trust my information - whereas you've already included a car that doesn't exist and have mixed two further ones up.

I will be continuing my own sheet past the point at which you "intervened", collecting my own, accurate, data and supplying the results to kamikazekoala who can add on colour information.

You don't like it? Make your own thread, with your own information.

Duck
Sorry
I never blamed you, at any point.
In my first post I declared my infos would be at your disposal, if needed, and for kamikazekoala.
I just wanted to complete the whole 100 cycles in the shorter time, for all community. I never wanted to release a database of mine. I just wanted to share MY data until your one would be completed. I waste hours in doing it.
If I wanted to steal data, I would open another thread.
Sorry for the permission.
I'll never post here.
I'll delete the link to the db.

cmon famine, read Ducks post, his intentions where clearly not what you thought, I understand your anger but after reading ducks above post i can understand where he was coming from. All he wanted to do was to help you with your list. He should of done it a different way, but unfortanetly he didnt.

BTW great job famine on your 40 cycles 👍

I've contacted Duck privately about this. Hopefully we can sort it out.

Okay, it seems Duck and I were at crossed purposes. In that light I'm happy for him to continue his work and feed the hungry information-chicks that make up GTP's PAL players :D

updated file of my "alternate car list"
now I have weeks 1-56 and 90-100
I think I'm going to make 1day races only until I've finished it but next week I won't be able to play so no updates for a while :(
Also I can confimr that some cars are not the same colors in each cycle because I bought almost all the 10km/6.2 miles car twice because they were different colors.
(did the DTM 900'000.- trick early (19x !)and now I spend my time buying used cars...)

once again thanks to Famine which provided the base list, I started when it was almost empty now and continued mine anyway when he posted updates...

File is a .rar NOT a .zip despite the name, zip doesn't seem to be able to compress my file enough it's taking 3x .rar size ?!?!?

Attachments

• FRSTusedGT4L.zip
    71.7 KB · Views: 30
"Many". And later today I'm updating to Week 50... :D

Maybe the colour changes only applies to 6.2 miles / 10 km used cars?

Nevertheless, I will still continue the list with colour updates till cycle 100.

I've started it, so no way back now. :dopey:

I will try to do the colours till cycle 50 before the end of the day. Otherwise, you can expect the update tomorrow evening at the very last, Famine. :sly:

kamikazekoala
Maybe the colour changes only applies to 6.2 miles / 10 km used cars?

Nevertheless, I will still continue the list with colour updates till cycle 100.

I've started it, so no way back now. :dopey:

I will try to do the colours till cycle 50 before the end of the day. Otherwise, you can expect the update tomorrow evening at the very last, Famine. :sly:
Actually for 1 6.2miles car I had twice the same color ... the awful "lime green" Honda type s zero but they put another NSX type s zero a few weeks later and this one was "monte carlo blue pearl" or something like that, not the best color but still better than lime green.As for the rest of the cars the one with more mileage I already bought 2 different colors for Peugeot 205 turbo 16 (white and grey) and other cars which I only have seen once until now.Sometimes the color is different sometimes not...maybe some have fixed colors and the more rar cars don't ?!?!

Oh btw everyone feel free to copy and use the weeks-days cells I spent some time to calculate each days for each week like :
48 (330-336)
92 (638-644)
22 (148-154)

really helpful :)

Famine
"Many". And later today I'm updating to Week 50... :D
Nice done Famine!!
That's a very good news!!!
It means that tomorrow I'll can post, courtesy of Famine, cycles 1-48 of him and 49-100 of me..... in other words the complete coverage of the used car market!!!!

That's interesting for strategy purpousal, because in cycles 49-100 there are the real rare cars!

Just a note. My one is a temporary release, and will be replaced by the Famine complete coverage (with colours and mileage) when completed.

See you tomorrow... and thank you Small_Fryz ;)

"Life" got in the way this afternoon - I'm up to 47, so I'll try and get up to 50 done by this time tomorrow... *crosses fingers*

Used car market coverage completed at 100%!!!!!!!!

weeks 1-48 courtesy of Famine
weeks 49-100 collected by me

The rarest cars in the game are (car / year / occurrences), in addition to 10km cars:
Mazda 787B (Black) 1991 1
Nissan R92CP (Black) 1992 1
Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car (Black) 1998 1
Toyota GT-One TS020 (Race car - Black) 1999 1
Honda S800 1966 2
Mazda 110S (L10B) 1968 2
Nissan Silvia 1965 2
Nissan Silvia 240 RS 1983 2
Peugeot 205 T16 1985 2
Renault 5 Turbo 1980 2
Honda N360 1967 3
Honda S600 1964 3
Honda Z Act 1970 3
Isuzu Bellett 1600 GT-R 1969 3
Nissan Skyline 1500 Deluxe 1963 3
Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R 1973 3
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione 1991 3
Honda S500 1963 4
Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe 1962 4
Nissan Fairlady 2000 1968 4
FIAT 500 R 1972 5
Isuzu 117 Coupè 1968 5
Mitsubishi Galant GTO-MR 1970 5
FIAT 500 F 1965 6
Toyota Celica 1600 GT 1970 6
Nissan Bluebird 1600 Deluxe 1969 7
FIAT 500 L 1969 8

Some days ago I was looking for some cars - I was able to find some in the manifacturer legends section.
Question: are these cars buyable frome the first day of game? Is There a possibility that are available (not "-" Cr.) only after a "X" day?

How to win/collect a Mini 1.3i Cooper is still unknown. Maybe the car is not in the game 👎 :(

Here is the download. This database will expire after Famine database completition, as it was written to make available a 100% market coverage without extras (mileage and colours) in the shortest time. It's in the Famine's "last page" style, with cars in the same order due to familiarity and unknown purpouse.
Nice shopping ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back