Used Car Cycles 1-75 (Day 525) - PAL ONLY

• Thread starter Famine
  • 234 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at last starting to add the colours to the list till cycle 49.

Edit: Ok, found the error. It's little, but still...

The car Toyota Celica XX 2800GT '81 is in the wrong cycle. It's in cycle 34, not in cycle 33 of the oldtimers.

Cycle 33 how it's now in your list

Nissan Bluebird 1800SSS '79
Toyota Celica XX 2800GT '81
Isuzu Piazza XE '81
Honda City Turbo II '83

Cycle 33 how it's in the game

Isuzu Piazza XE '81
Honda City Turbo II '83

Cycle 34 how it's now in your list

Isuzu Piazza XE '81

Cycle 34 how it's in the game

Toyota Celica XX 2800GT '81
Isuzu Piazza XE '81

I'll mark the spot while having the last colours added before I send it back to you. :) The rest of the list is 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 . The file will be send tomorrow for sure.

P.S. Sorry for the long explanation, just wanted it to make it a bit clear.

Do you mean one car or some cars?

Week 33 is quite distinctive, as it has lots of 6.2 mile cars. My Week 33 list, in that respect, agrees with RogsR34UK's 6.2 mile car list (Day 225).

wooo thanks duck nice layout and stuff really nice list :)
Great job guys now that it's complete I'kll just update my version and can finally start really playing :)

Knockout. I'll check it this evening and upload to Week 55 :D

I'm now at cycle 18 or 19. I'll check weeks 33&34 next week, if not done by others ;)
Thanks kamikazekoala for the errata

I started a fresh GT4 game and looked in the car lot every week.
I also had the famous used car list beside me and was excited to get a few rare ones I missed the first time. To my surprise my cycles were quite different to the list. I have the PAL version but at least the days for the Peugeot or Lancia should be the same. Neither of them showed up so far and I am on day 471. This makes me think that the cycles are random concerning all cars except for the black LMPs.

So here are some dates I found rare oldies:
309: Nissan Fairlady '68 white
344: Nissan Skyline 1500 '63 blue
Toyota Celica '70 blue
358: Nissa Skyline '70
366: Renault 5 Turbo '80 blue
380: Toyota Celica '70 silver
386: Honda Z Act white
393: Nissan Sylvia '65
Nissan Skyline '70
400: Toyota Celica '70 white
414: Nissan Skyline '73 red
428: Nissan Skyline '73 silver
Toyota Celica '70 red
Nissan Skyline 1500 '63
442: Nissan Bluebird '69
Nissan Skyline '1500 '63
Mitsubishi Galant '70 silver
Mistsubishi Lancer '83 white
Also on day 442 I got 11 cars in the 1980's lot with 10 km (6.2 miles) but I could only buy 7 of course. One was a 1984 Skyline, and one was a Fiat 500 L.

Out of curiousity, if the lists are random, why do you suppose that kamikazekoala is entering colour details onto my list independantly of me and RogsR34UK's 6.2mile/10.0km used car list tallies exactly with cars I've found so far?

Incidentally, I ALSO have a Nissan Fairlady '68 on Day 309-315 (Week 45) and the Nissan Skyline 1500 '63 and Toyota Celica '70 on Day 344-350 (Week 50).

Random?

I just assumed that low mileage cars as well as colours are given randomly, why would it be different to the list in my game? I don't know if GT4 has a way of knowing that it is your second run through the game but this thought frightens me a bit. All I know is that neither of the low mileage cars nor the Lancia and Peugeot showed up when they were supposed to.
I remember that I saw the Lancia in my first game but the idiot that I am did not buy it because i did not know there were rare cars at all.
But your list gave me quite some motivation to "collect" all the rare cars.

German wunderkind
I just assumed that low mileage cars as well as colours are given randomly, why would it be different to the list in my game? I don't know if GT4 has a way of knowing that it is your second run through the game but this thought frightens me a bit. All I know is that neither of the low mileage cars nor the Lancia and Peugeot showed up when they were supposed to.
I remember that I saw the Lancia in my first game but the idiot that I am did not buy it because i did not know there were rare cars at all.
But your list gave me quite some motivation to "collect" all the rare cars.

You say you're on your second cycle and the colours are different?

Your version:
309: Nissan Fairlady '68 white

Our version:
309: Nissan Fairlady 2000 '68; White

The first Peugeot 205 t16 I've seen turns up in Week 52 (Day 358-364).

as I said earlier I can confirm that SOME low mileage cars have different colors in the first 3 cycles....but NOT ALL !

Simply because since cycle 1 where I did more than twenty DTM champ to earn money I bought every 10km car there was and a the same dates in each cycle I bought different colors for the evos,peugeot 205,and other small cars less sporty cars....but for some like the NSX type s zero (the first one as there are two 10km cars) I had 3 times the lime green color..weird :/
as fot he standard cars I really hope they are the same because I want the Famine kamikaze list to be right ;)

a few more dates:
491: Lancia Delta Evo '91 white
Toyota Celica '70 green
Nissan Skyline '73 white
512: Nissan Bluebird '69
519: Nissan Bluebird '69 blue
554: Lancia Evo '91 blue
Toyota Celica '70 yellow
568: Peugeot Turbo '85 gray
Mits. Lancer '83 silver
590: Mits. Lancer '83 black

Famine
Out of curiousity, if the lists are random, why do you suppose that kamikazekoala is entering colour details onto my list independantly of me and RogsR34UK's 6.2mile/10.0km used car list tallies exactly with cars I've found so far?

Incidentally, I ALSO have a Nissan Fairlady '68 on Day 309-315 (Week 45) and the Nissan Skyline 1500 '63 and Toyota Celica '70 on Day 344-350 (Week 50).

Random?
I also agree that car models are not random. I haven't found differences at the moment. For colours I can't say never.

I updated my database with some layout improvals and more "red" (10km) cars highlighted. The Silvia 200/Silvia error is still present. I forgot to check week 33, but 34 was the same as in Famine DB. I'm now at week 39 and will correct the mistake in days.
I also made a printable pdf version of the db (12 pages, 4 for each week group: 1-37, 38-71, 72-100).
At last, bored to manage with weeks and days I made a GT4 calender. Please report me if days are correct. :)

there seems to be something wrong in calendar - I'm on day 1418 on my secondary card and it shows 18. february ... according to calendar it should be 19. february ... check it out.

edit: aslo: Famine: in list there is a Nissan Skyline GTR '99 (R34) listed as available in used cars late 90's in cycle 3. I am here right now and it isn't. I also checked your color list and there it isn't listed, so it's just a typo. One (what is that sign for available cars - "check" sign :D) too many.

Sorry to go a bit off topic, but it does tie in with this thread.

Am I right in thinking that the 2nd hand markets repeat after 343 days (7*49) or is it 245 (5*49)? With the odd expections like the Black LM cars that appear once every two years.

I've seen a formula on someones website which tells you how to work out which week you are in. Does anyone know this website or know of a way of quickly working this out?

I've been looking through this Excel spreadsheet, and if I'm right there are some errors. However, I fear the errors are with me working out which week I am in, and not with the spreadsheet itself. So I'd like to double check things.

No - the 2nd hand markets repeat after 701 days. That'll be where the "error" lies.

I have, in my possession, Weeks 1-56 now, but cannot upload them until this evening (another 4 hours or so).

j8mie: if you want to know what week you're in use this formula:

take the day number you see in your stats (example 1213), subtract 700 of that number so many times, until you get 3 digit number smaller than 700 (700 days represent one full cycle), (1213-1*700=513). That is your base number for calculating weeks. Then you simply divide that number by 7 (513/7=73,285...) and just cut off the decimals and there you get it (week 73). If you want to know what day of that week you're in, just take decimal number and multiply it by 7 (0,285...*7=2 -> 2nd day). Somehow like that.

vipersan
j8mie: if you want to know what week you're in use this formula:

take the day number you see in your stats (example 1213), subtract 700 of that number so many times, until you get 3 digit number smaller than 700 (700 days represent one full cycle), (1213-1*700=513). That is your base number for calculating weeks.

Correct to this point...

vipersan
Then you simply divide that number by 7 (513/7=73,285...) and just cut off the decimals and there you get it (week 73).

Nooooooo!

By this logic, day one would be week 0. Day 8 would be week 1.

Get your number which is <700, then divide by 7 and ignore any remainder. THEN ADD ONE. That's your week number. Day 513 is Week 74.

Damnit me and my math... after I wrote that I was doing some b-spec races for days to pass in GT4 and earning money in the process and was doing some calculations and it just didn't seem to add up. So that was what I was doing wrong ... tnx, Famine!

:D

Just tidying up a few glitches people have noticed. Nearly ready to upload... :D

Thanks for clearing that up folks. Now I can use that spreadsheet to plan my next 2nd hand purchase.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Famine, could you check cycle 54 in your game again?

NISSAN FAIRLADY Z 300 ZX (Z31) '83, 11,199 cr., FR, 203hp (white colour) isn't in your list, but it is in the cycle 54 in my game (old cars section). Just found it, again while adding colours.

I marked the place in the cycle 54.

Sorry that I can't prove it with a pic. :indiff:

I will certainly have a look. I've got backups of my saves at least twice a week, so finding a specific cycle and checking it isn't hard any more :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back