200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the motivation behind A-spec points. They aren't even that accurate. I've had 200 point A-spec races that were a walk in the park, and 9 point races that were impossible.

Don't get me wrong, I love a challenge. But I just ignore A-spec points. I'd rather go looking for a challenging race, rather than look for one that gives me '200 points'.

F310B
I don't get the motivation behind A-spec points. They aren't even that accurate. I've had 200 point A-spec races that were a walk in the park, and 9 point races that were impossible.

Don't get me wrong, I love a challenge. But I just ignore A-spec points. I'd rather go looking for a challenging race, rather than look for one that gives me '200 points'.

It is just another goal. Some races suck, but some make your heart pound and you feel so good when you win by a hair. I do some of those races over again for the rush.

F310B
I don't get the motivation behind A-spec points.

To have succeeded in many challenging races.

They're meant to be a guide to finding them.

They're also meant to be a guide to choosing how difficult YOU want the race to be.

F310B
They aren't even that accurate. I've had 200 point A-spec races that were a walk in the park, and 9 point races that were impossible.

True. Believe us, we know, we know... :indiff:

Fortunately, while there are plenty of anecdotes like the ones you described... I'd say the points are a good reflection of how difficult the races will be about 80% of the time.

Point is, it usually works if not always.

F310B

Nothing wrong with that.

Like I said, with all it's bugs, the ASpec points are designed to help you find those challenging races.

I got a couple to get you started!!! :mischievous:
How about...
- Stock M5 vs. Cien and Nardo at Supercar?
- Stock TVR V8S vs. the Speed 12 at Black Pool?
- Stock Elise 72 at Spider & Roadster and MR Challenge?
- Stock 190E at Legend of Silver Arrow?
- Stock Toyota RSC at NA Sports?

Of course I have plenty that I hated too.

in the DTM im having a hard time getting 200points at opera paris. i tried out the AMG 190 evo touring on S2's, S1's, R1's and R2's with weight ballast and i cant seem to win either way. the other cars get such a good start on me it takes awhile to catch up and by the time i do im in like 4th place between some audi and another audi and the race is ovah with the good merc touring car winning :nervous:
maybe i need some settings because i find this car slides a lot on me without much turn-in. i had no problem getting 200 points on every other race in the DTM though. any help is appreciated

Finished Nurburgring 24 hour endurance last night it takes much more concentration than both Sarthe endurances. Ended up winning by a massive margin of 3 minutes using.
Opera performance S2000 with new oil stage 1 tune race exhaust R1 tyres 173 ballast with gear ratio set to 10.

Aginst this line up which was number 6

Amemiya Asparadrink RX7 (JGTC)
Vauxhall Calibra super touring car
ABT Audi TT-R touring car
ASL Arta Garaiya (JGTC)
Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 Ti

997, the best thing to do is qualify in a hyper-speed car, the change your settings for the race. That way you have pole position, and on a track like Opera, it's easy to defend. And if push comes to shove, dive down the inside on that 4th-gear left off the back straight and run alongside the bad guys until they hit the wall jutting out. Dirty tactics, but you'll get ten seconds on whoever you put into the wall.

997 gt-3
in the DTM im having a hard time getting 200points at opera paris. i tried out the AMG 190 evo touring on S2's, S1's, R1's and R2's with weight ballast and i cant seem to win either way. the other cars get such a good start on me it takes awhile to catch up and by the time i do im in like 4th place between some audi and another audi and the race is ovah with the good merc touring car winning :nervous:
maybe i need some settings because i find this car slides a lot on me without much turn-in. i had no problem getting 200 points on every other race in the DTM though. any help is appreciated

From the console reset, choose the 4th line-up (I think) - this has the Merc 190Evo on pole, as well as your own starting from the back. The lead AI car is the slowest by far, but since Opera is so twisty and narrow, they cannot get past. This makes it far easier to carve your way through the pack. Make sure you have slightly shorter gear ratios than standard, and be sure you can drive your Merc quicker than the AI can. You should be able to take the lead by/on the 3rd lap.
IIRC I used R1 tyres and about 150kg ballast. You need more weight for 200pts here because the 2nd 190E brings the points down, but I assure you this is much easier than having a CLK-DTM running off into the distance.

I also struggled with opera paris for 200pts until I reduced the downforce on both ends to a minimum. Then you can use R1's and very little ballast. think I had around 75Kg with the CLK but without another 190 merc present.

RIGESP
I also struggled with opera paris for 200pts until I reduced the downforce on both ends to a minimum. Then you can use R1's and very little ballast. think I had around 75Kg with the CLK but without another 190 merc present.

Funny... with the downforce left alone I could get 200p w/R1s and 40kg.

So, without the downforce you could have dropped the ballast and upgraded your car to R2s or R3s maybe! :sly:

ANK
Finished Nurburgring 24 hour endurance... Ended up winning by a massive margin of 3 minutes using.

:lol:

ONLY a true Aspeccer could honestly believe that 3 minutes is a "massive" margin to win a 24 hour endurance race by. :sly:

Congrats! 👍

jdw
:lol:

ONLY a true Aspeccer could honestly believe that 3 minutes is a "massive" margin to win a 24 hour endurance race by. :sly:

Congrats! 👍

3 minutes? Pffff.........I remember Integra_Fan won it by less than a second! Go and do it again.................... :) :) :)

Seriously, nice work.

Off topic - anyone notice that the 100000 club thread seems to have attracted a lot of morons? Never meant for it to be a flame war.................

i got the 200 win at opera, thanks for the help everybody. it was a pretty intense race and i had to learn all the corners perfectly. now i can fly around that track in any car 👍

Finished the French manufacturers races last night heres what i used.

Citroen 2hp classics Citroen 2cv N1 tyres 200 ballast + 9000 miles 134 points :grumpy: Route 66 was no kidding about needing the NOS

Renault Clio trophy Used Renault Clio sport V6 24V no oil change stage 2 tune race exhaust S3 tyres 180 ballast 200 points

Renault Megane cup Renault Megane 2.0 16V N1 tyres 200 ballast + 9000 miles 169 points

Peugeot 206 cup Used peugeot 206 S16 no oil change stage 3 tune race exhaust race chip R3 tyres 200 points

Alpine cup Alpine A310 1600VE N1/N3 tyres 200 ballast 200 points

Smallhorses
See post#569.
Help PLEASE!

can't help you with line-ups (maybe jdw can?) but I used the Honda HSC on N3's for 200 at New York, maybe try playing with that?

hey ANK, slow down man you're going to beat me!! 👍 👍
What have you got left to do?

I've got the Copen, Megane, RX-8, Lotus Classic, GTI Cup and Mini races to do with engine wear - another 500 points maybe? What do you expect to finish on?

route_66
can't help you with line-ups (maybe jdw can?) but I used the Honda HSC on N3's for 200 at New York, maybe try playing with that?

I haven't played around with the New York Endurance yet. So I don't have any good suggestions on 200p cars for it.

I do have the AI list for the race though... it's very similar to El Cap with two basic exceptions. 1) They use Hard tires at NY 2) The Elise HP "bug" is fixed

So if you want the AI List Smallhorses, I'll be happy to get it to you but I don't have a good car suggestions... yet!

Any good hints on winning a 200pt peugeuot 206 race? I used a fully tuned 206 RC, near 250hp and i still cant beat the leader wich is 100hp down. Its like he 400hp. Any1 got any tips? :ill:

jdw
I haven't played around with the New York Endurance yet. So I don't have any good suggestions on 200p cars for it.

I do have the AI list for the race though... it's very similar to El Cap with two basic exceptions. 1) They use Hard tires at NY 2) The Elise HP "bug" is fixed

So if you want the AI List Smallhorses, I'll be happy to get it to you but I don't have a good car suggestions... yet!

There's another exception! Since New York is mostly straight, a large HP advantage is a killer, and the number of laps the AI can get from SH tyres is unbelievable! 34 laps from an SRT10? I've yet to find a field without 1 absolute runaway leader! The AI at New York are actually quite good, though they do tend to hit the walls occasionally. Whereas at El Capitan they just suck!

R390GT1
Any good hints on winning a 200pt peugeuot 206 race? I used a fully tuned 206 RC, near 250hp and i still cant beat the leader wich is 100hp down. Its like he 400hp. Any1 got any tips? :ill:

I used a full set of dt/su ups, racing muffler, chip, NA3 and R3 tires.
I suspect tires are your problem.
No need for nitrous.

If you want high points but need 200p. The EASY, high point way through this race is with a bone stock 206 Rally Car.

Car: Dodge SRT-4 w/ Racing Intercooler & oil change (259 HP).
Race: Stars and Stripes Seattle
Details: Has to be both Shelby Series 1 and a Viper for it to be 200 A-Spec points. They both have to start behind someone, so the highest one of them can be is 2nd. After about 5 different trials, I've noted that if they start next to each other, they tend to fight with each other, wasting time. Only 3 real opportunities to pass: end of main straight, hairpin right before back straight (the overpass) and the area at the end of the back straight. It's best if the two (Shelby, Viper) start behind a Camaro, Mustang or GTO. Not a Corvette (unless it is a ZR-1)
Settings: TCS, Normal; ASM Oversteer, 0; ASM Understeer, 20.
A-Spec points: 200!

I've got a kick A$$ easy one!
Buy a Dodge Viper GTS Coupe, then modify it to the max. Also put racing medium tires
on it. Go to like the wind race. All you can do is fiddle with the gear ratio. Don't do anything else. Then enter the race and the viper should average around 248mph on
the curve banks on the test course. This will also cane the other cars.

The 88-CV, C9,R89C,R92CP and 787B have to pit in anyway. You don't have to 👍

You will walkaway with an easy 200pts :) :sly: ;)
Trust me 👍

shaunsund
I've got a kick A$$ easy one!
Buy a Dodge Viper GTS Coupe, then modify it to the max. Also put racing medium tires
on it. Go to like the wind race. All you can do is fiddle with the gear ratio. Don't do anything else. Then enter the race and the viper should average around 248mph on
the curve banks on the test course. This will also cane the other cars.

The 88-CV, C9,R89C,R92CP and 787B have to pit in anyway. You don't have to 👍

You will walkaway with an easy 200pts :) :sly: ;)
Trust me 👍

Not to get you down but its a known fact that race is easy to get 200pts. Supra's, Skyline's, Cerbera Speed 12, Viper, Corvette - all suggested.

TVR V8S - great for Blackpool Racers!!! NA Stage 2, chip, 1-way LSD, 150kg ballast against line-up #4 or 5. 200 @ Opera, 170's for the rest, except Fuji. I cannot stop that blasted Speed 12 - even if it starts from 5th! Shoving it off the road 4 times in a race still doesnt stop him smacking you down the main straight. I think I should try buying a gearbox...

Mini racing is proving damn hard. My Mini One has a power-to-weight ratio of half of that of the Cooper S. Understeer....understeer... and its SOOOOOO damn slow, corners or straights. I can't see how you guys do it, with worse tyres as well. With less power/more wieight you are slower on the straights, but with less grip, you need to be a deity to corner faster, so slow straights + slow corners = very slow. How can I ever get any points on this?? Clubman 5, R246 and New York are all a pain for run-away Mini's, even with a One on poll, since the Cooper S obliterates it from the start.

Finshed European classics over the weekend killed the mercedes 300 with my crappy old VW. It was a great feeling ramming him on the last corner of Nurburgring ring and cruising over the line to a 0.5 second victory for 200 pts.

Nurburgring
VW Karmann ghia coupe stage 2 tune race exhaust race chip N1/N3 tyres 152 ballast 200 points

Other 4 races VW Karmann ghia coupe stage 1 tune race chip S3 tyres 191 ballast 200 points

Against this line up

Vw Karmann ghia coupe
Alfa Romeo Giulia sprint GTA 1600
Alfa Romeo spider 1600 duetto
Ginetta G4
Mercedes 300SL coupe

route_66
hey ANK, slow down man you're going to beat me!! 👍 👍
What have you got left to do?

I've got the Copen, Megane, RX-8, Lotus Classic, GTI Cup and Mini races to do with engine wear - another 500 points maybe? What do you expect to finish on?

Left to do
1000 miles :grumpy:
Roadster 4 hour endurance
Super speedway 150 miles
Finish UK and Japan manufacturers

Not finished dirtying oil yet but IF i can get every point on offer i think it will be around 111,500-111,600
I have tried 1000 miles a few times and can keep ahead by blocking till the first round of pit stops but the 5 cars pit from laps 6 to 8 and 1 always seems to get away.

ANK
Finshed European classics over the weekend killed the mercedes 300 with my crappy old VW. It was a great feeling ramming him on the last corner of Nurburgring ring and cruising over the line to a 0.5 second victory for 200 pts.

Nurburgring
VW Karmann ghia coupe stage 2 tune race exhaust race chip N1/N3 tyres 152 ballast 200 points

Other 4 races VW Karmann ghia coupe stage 1 tune race chip S3 tyres 191 ballast 200 points

I'm trying to get that car - WTF!?!?! 🤬 :irked: :mad:
Lup GTI Cup Car, racing exhaust, R1/R2 tyres - 108pts and I'm getting beaten to death on any track. WTF is going on?????? The same happened with the Beetle Cup - I keep getting utterly beaten. They seem to brake much later than I possibly can, and make it round corners like they are on rails. I am at a lost how to even win, never mind dare think about 200pts. What in the hell is happening at VW???

RenesisEvo
Lup GTI Cup Car, racing exhaust, R1/R2 tyres - 108pts and I'm getting beaten to death on any track. WTF is going on?????? The same happened with the Beetle Cup - I keep getting utterly beaten. They seem to brake much later than I possibly can, and make it round corners like they are on rails. I am at a lost how to even win, never mind dare think about 200pts. What in the hell is happening at VW???

for the beetle cup drop power, but have better tyres I'm fairly sure I've got all those races at 150 + (not quite the full 200, but I'm sure I can add weight to get the points up)

but I'll check tonight.

laters

jdw

The BMW M3 GTR is a great car for that and the El Capitan endurance. I already did the New York one and won it with 200pts and leading 2nd place by over 1min. I'm doing the El Capitan endurance right now. I'm halfway through it and leading by about 1:10.xxx. Cant remember right at the moment if I modified it.

RenesisEvo

Slow down... what are you talking about?

Well, I'll try anyway. This is what I used for those two races
Europe Classics: Karmann Ghia + fully st/su ups, NA1, racing muffler, chip, 60kg Ballast, no driving aids, widen the tranny out to 7 or it tops out too early and... nitrous :guilty:. I'm pretty much finished with the mfg races and I'd say about half of those require nitrous so I've got a bad habit and am in recovery. :dopey:

ANK: Did you manage to do it without nitrous? Considering how easily I beat them at every track but the Nurb it seemed like there's some config that makes it possible to do without nitrous

Beetle Cup:
New Beetle 2.0 + su/dt ups, NA1, R3s, no driving aids and 10kg ballast
No nitrous needed for that one. Wasn't hard at all!
I think the tires are the key here. You have a copy of my FAQ right? Those cup cars have R5 tires on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back