200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The great thing is, providing you use Free Run in GT Mode, the mileage isn't added to B-spec Bob's total. But he can still acquire skill - so you could theoretically have a 0km B-spec driver with 4000/5000 points!

RenesisEvo
The great thing is, providing you use Free Run in GT Mode, the mileage isn't added to B-spec Bob's total. But he can still acquire skill - so you could theoretically have a 0km B-spec driver with 4000/5000 points!

Bob has done 8000 miles in the 2CV and my status screen says he's done 137. WTF? He's only been allowed test track free runs, so what's going on? as for his skill...........8000 miles and he has an overall skill of....155. haha, he's still rubbish.
The points have stopped going up at 134 though, so I guess that's finally it for the 2CV......on to the next one.

edit: Nitrous is ESSENTIAL for the 2CV with bad oil. It can't get up ANY hill without it. :yuck:

route_66
and ANK, for the GTI cup at Opera, I can't remember if I used the Polo or Lupo, but I do remember using close gearing and mixed tyres (N1/N3 I think) for 200. If all else fails rag the Nitrous (as I had to do with the 2CV - it's now so worn out it couldn't get up the first hill at Monaco without a little N2O boost!)

It's the Polo. The Lupo gets 17 fewer points.
200? I have a MAX of 188p. How'd you get 200p? Is this a difference btw PAL and NTSC or did you wear the oil out?

How do you guys manage to run that car on N1/N3s? I beat Midfield, but only by being very cheap (ramming the Golf V a bunch of times). The rest are beyond me. :ouch:

So far, the races I've done that I can't get max in are:
VW GTi Cup, Audi Tourist cup, S7 and Hyundai Sports.

Any extra info, detailed tips, on dealing with those races?

I have 8 left in the Japanese Hall so hopefully I won't run into any more.

jdw
It's the Polo. The Lupo gets 17 fewer points.
200? I have a MAX of 188p. How'd you get 200p? Is this a difference btw PAL and NTSC or did you wear the oil out?

How do you guys manage to run that car on N1/N3s? I beat Midfield, but only by being very cheap (ramming the Golf V a bunch of times). The rest are beyond me. :ouch:

So far, the races I've done that I can't get max in are:
VW GTi Cup, Audi Tourist cup, S7 and Hyundai Sports.

Any extra info, detailed tips, on dealing with those races?

I have 8 left in the Japanese Hall so hopefully I won't run into any more.

I'm sure I've got 200 for the GTI cup..........maybe I haven't! Another car to wear out if I haven't, I'll check in a minute.

As for N1/N3's it works ok on FF/AWD cars, the N3's stop them fishtailing too much and then you just have to drive reeeeeeeel smooth. If your using N1's, don;t use any aids or TC - you need to be in total control for every corner, no matter how smooth you drive it will slide, but you'll get it with practice - the lack of grip takes some getting used to. More powerful cars and FR cars will turn into drift monsters on N1's - drive it like you stole it and you'll be fine.

for the TT cup you need a used 1.8 TT with ballast and N2's, I found this one pretty easy, the AI is rubbish with the understeering TT. The S7 is really hard - ANK knackered the engine to get 200 without using N1's - which is what I'm going to do. Hyundai sports also needs engine wear, but I have won it on N1's for 149pts.

EDIT:\ My bad, I also have 188 for the GTi cup - guess the Polo goes on my to do list as well.

route_66
I'm sure I've got 200 for the GTI cup..........maybe I haven't! Another car to wear out if I haven't, I'll check in a minute.

As for N1/N3's it works ok on FF/AWD cars, the N3's stop them fishtailing too much and then you just have to drive reeeeeeeel smooth. If your using N1's, don;t use any aids or TC - you need to be in total control for every corner, no matter how smooth you drive it will slide, but you'll get it with practice - the lack of grip takes some getting used to. More powerful cars and FR cars will turn into drift monsters on N1's - drive it like you stole it and you'll be fine.

for the TT cup you need a used 1.8 TT with ballast and N2's, I found this one pretty easy, the AI is rubbish with the understeering TT. The S7 is really hard - ANK knackered the engine to get 200 without using N1's - which is what I'm going to do. Hyundai sports also needs engine wear, but I have won it on N1's for 149pts.

EDIT:\ My bad, I also have 188 for the GTi cup - guess the Polo goes on my to do list as well.

Might want to double check the TT. I used N2/N3s as well which put me at 162p a race. Changing the #of 3.2s vs. 1.8s in the lineup didn't seem to change the points. Or maybe I need to double check... to see if I changed the oil and didn't realize it.

For the races I mentioned, I couldn't deal with the wheel spin and lack or turning to handle N1s. I wish I could get the stupid thing to slide more, it would make it MUCH easier to turn, but I possess no such skill. :yuck: Believe it or not, I've been turning off all AIDs for these races... feel free to laugh :rolleyes:

I remember trying the Hyundai on Tsukuba and running it 5s worse, per lap , than with N2s. I did get 149 at 2 races - GVE and Seoul.

The TT's wheel spin was so unbelieveably bad on N1s that I left TCS at 5 and still struggled. Maybe I just suck...

So you didn't do anything else special? Like... change the tranny, suspension, change the weight distribution, brake balance or anything like that?

jdw
Might want to double check the TT. I used N2/N3s as well which put me at 162p a race. Changing the #of 3.2s vs. 1.8s in the lineup didn't seem to change the points. Or maybe I need to double check... to see if I changed the oil and didn't realize it.

For the races I mentioned, I couldn't deal with the wheel spin and lack or turning to handle N1s. I wish I could get the stupid thing to slide more, it would make it MUCH easier to turn, but I possess no such skill. :yuck: Believe it or not, I've been turning off all AIDs for these races... feel free to laugh :rolleyes:

I remember trying the Hyundai on Tsukuba and running it 5s worse, per lap , than with N2s. I did get 149 at 2 races - GVE and Seoul.

The TT's wheel spin was so unbelieveably bad on N1s that I left TCS at 5 and still struggled. Maybe I just suck...

So you didn't do anything else special? Like... change the tranny, suspension, change the weight distribution, brake balance or anything like that?

susss-pen-shun? whazzat then? No I've got 200 for the TT. Used 1.8TT, bad oil, ballast (all at the back, I always put it all at the back regardless of car, that's just how I like it), must've been N1 tyres. Maybe it's your driving style (no offence meant) you need to go slow-in-fast-out anyway but on N1's you've got to brake harder (go in slower) and turn it in from out wide and late - gives you more time to accelerate out faster without understeering - I know this doesn't really sound great in text, but I can't think how to illustrate it better (I don't drive in real life you know, I'm just hardcore at the PS2!)
Seriously, the TT was one of the series that I found easiest to do on N1's (and I've done a fair few) The AI sucks and drives really slowly. You could try fiddling with gears, brakes and stuff (does the TT have that VCD thingy? that might help)
anyway keep trying you'll get there.

Just won the Tokyo R246 Endurance with the Amuse S2000 R1 Specs:

Racing Exhaust, Chip, Racing hard tyres, Turbo Stage 3, Gear Ratio 9. 24 kg ballast.

This makes an 399pk Amuse S2000 R1

It was the first lineup in the PAL version, this is the way how they finished:

Amuse S2000 R1
Mazda RX-8 Race car (787B Colors) + 8 secs
Toyota au Cerumo Supra + 20 secs
Motul Pitworks 350Z + 25 secs
Penzoil Nismo Skyline 1 ~ 2 laps
Opel Calibra Touringcar 3 laps or more

From the cars after the Mazda RX-8 i dont know the secs preciously because the finishing tab goes away after 10 ~ 15 secs so i dont know the secs of the Cerumo Supra and the ones finshing behind exactly.

Pit Shedule from the first 4 cars:

I pitted lap 12, 24, 36, 48
RX 8: lap 22, 44
Au Cerumo Supra lap 30
Motul Pitworks lap 27, 54

I dont know this for sure it can be a few laps longer or shorter

My fastest lap was 1.38.732

Im am now in heaven with my 200 points win here :sly:

Nicely done!! 👍 I do wonder what the pit schedule was though - you must have been pitting a lot less I imagine, with those kind of cars.

Yes at last i did it.

Give up my 100% win ratio that is. The only thing i am left wondering is why i kept it for this long.

More to the point just finished German races heres what i used.

Audi tourist trophy
Used audi 1.8T quattro no oil change race chip N1/N3 tyres 200 ballast 200pts

Audi A3 cup
Audi A3 3.2 quattro N1 tyres 200 ballast+9000 miles 182pts

BMW 1 series trophy
BMW 120i N1/N3 tyres 200 ballast+9000 miles against line up of 4 120d's 200pts

BMW club m
Used BMW m coupe no oil change stage 1 tune S1 tyres 200 ballast 200pts

Legend of the silver arrow
Mercedes Benz 300SL coupe stage 2 tune S1 tyres 142 ballast 200pts

SL challenge
Mercedes Benz 300SL coupe stage 1 tune race exhaust race chip S1 tyres 200 ballast 200pts

Opel speedster trophy
Opel speedster with max HP R3 tyres 200pts

VW Beetle cup
VW new Beetle S1/S3 tyres 200 ballast 200pts

VW Lupo cup
VW lupo GTi cup car(J) race exhaust N2 tyres 164 ballast 200pts

VW GTi cup
VW Polo GTi sports exhaust N1 tyres 167 ballast+5000 miles 200pts

I get 200 A-Spec points each race in GTWC - with my Audi R8 :P its even easy to win the races :) drive a stock R 8 with only oil change and you'll get 200 pts per race

stg
I get 200 A-Spec points each race in GTWC - with my Audi R8 :P its even easy to win the races :) drive a stock R 8 with only oil change and you'll get 200 pts per race

No you don't. Use an R8 in GTWC and you'll get 1pt. Use it F1 champ and you'll get 200 on R1's.

My latest efforts:
2CV + N1/N3 + 200 ballast + NOS + 7700 miles - 134pts
Crossfire + N1/N3 + 200 ballast + 9000 miles - 182pts
Hyundai Coupe + N1/N3 + 200 ballast + 9000 miles - 176pts

New total = 109989, I'm getting there!

ANK - Legend of the Silver Arrow. How the heck did you beat the SLR with a 300SL? Surely an Impossible feat? I did it with the 190e for 200, just, after about 30 tries at nurb, but the 300SL? You used NOS right? or action replay :sly: :sly: I'm impressed.

RenesisEvo
Nicely done!! 👍 I do wonder what the pit schedule was though - you must have been pitting a lot less I imagine, with those kind of cars.

I was just the one who pitted the most :sly:

I pitted lap 12, 24, 36, 48
RX 8: lap 22, 44
Au Cerumo Supra lap 30
Motul Pitworks lap 27, 54

I've updated my post at page 26 also

Right - I'm wondering whats best to use for the Laguna Seca 200. I would like to use something like an S2000 (Amuse R1 or the more mental one), but I suspect it might not be quick enough. What cars have been used succesfully for 200pts?? Willing to stoop to S1 tyres and no lower if its nicely balanced, R1 if it's a pig to drive.

route_66
No you don't. Use an R8 in GTWC and you'll get 1pt. Use it F1 champ and you'll get 200 on R1's.

x_X i get so many points really ! , i use an Audi R8 with oil change and Super hard tires front / rear , enemies : R92 CP , R89 CP , Minolta , Mercedes and the Gillet Vertigo and i got 200 points per race

RenesisEvo
Right - I'm wondering whats best to use for the Laguna Seca 200. I would like to use something like an S2000 (Amuse R1 or the more mental one), but I suspect it might not be quick enough. What cars have been used succesfully for 200pts?? Willing to stoop to S1 tyres and no lower if its nicely balanced, R1 if it's a pig to drive.

Your competition is all 500hp sports cars w/R2s. The Ford GT, Saleen and a 500hp Spirra are the standouts

I used an M3 GTR w/dt and su ups, NA1, chip and R1s for 195p
vs. a Ford GT, S7, Shelby Series 1, Vette Grand Sport and SVT Cobra.

Beat the GT by 15s.

So yeah, the Amuse might just do the trick. Let us know what you find out.

stg
x_X i get so many points really ! , i use an Audi R8 with oil change and Super hard tires front / rear , enemies : R92 CP , R89 CP , Minolta , Mercedes and the Gillet Vertigo and i got 200 points per race

I'm sorry, but I''m with route here... VERY skeptical. I've tested the R8 and about a dozen other race cars at GTWC. The fact that you have the Vertigo and Merc just makes me more skeptical, because both of those kill points. There's about 50 points between the lineup you listed and an all high-end Group C lineup.

It is interesting that you listed the first lineup from console reset.

I just tried it against the same lineup: Sure enough it's 131p , BUT w/200kg ballast I can get up to 194p

So let me ask you this... do you have ballast on? What's the mileage? Did you wear down the engine from 24h races? Are you sure you changed the oil?

jdw
Your competition is all 500hp sports cars w/R2s. The Ford GT, Saleen and a 500hp Spirra are the standouts

Beat the GT by 15s.

I'm sorry, but I''m with route here... VERY skeptical. I've tested the R8 and about a dozen other race cars at GTWC. The fact that you have the Vertigo and Merc just makes me more skeptical, because both of those kill points. There's about 50 points between the lineup you listed and an all high-end Group C lineup.

I just tried it against the same lineup: Sure enough it's 131p , BUT w/200kg ballast I can get up to 194p

So let me ask you this... do you have ballast on? What's the mileage? Did you wear down the engine from 24h races? Are you sure you changed the oil?

I am not at my spec point notes, but had something handy that may help. I have a tenative value system I've been working on with default setups. In the case of these cars, no oil and default tires, normally R3. Anyway, my tenative points per Upper end cars tested:

Points Car:
900 2004 Formula Gran Turismo
875 1989 Sauber Mercedes C 9 Race Car
867 1992 Nissan R92CP race Car
862 1989 Minolta Toyota 88C-V race Car
839 1988 Jaguar XJR-9 Race Car
805 1992 Nissan R92CP race Car (used)
796 2003 Bently Speed 8 Race Car
784 2001 Audi R8 Race Car
783 2003 Pescarolo Curage C60
776 2004 Playstation pescorolo C60
770 1991 Mazda 787B Race Car
766 1992 Peogeot 905 Race Car
720 1998 Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car
712 1991 Mazda 787B Race Car (used)
710 2004 Gillet Vertigo Race Car

Note that the Audi R8 Race car is only 91 points less than the Sauber Mercedes. Add the 60 to the equal car value and it is a 151 point race Audi against Mercedes! To make up 49 points in ballast, tires, and downforce is not asking too much. Then there is milage too. Note the Mazda 787B has a 58 point difference due to milage. The Nissan R92CP has 62 points difference new to used (black car)

route_66

My latest efforts:
2CV + N1/N3 + 200 ballast + NOS + 7700 miles - 134pts
Crossfire + N1/N3 + 200 ballast + 9000 miles - 182pts
Hyundai Coupe + N1/N3 + 200 ballast + 9000 miles - 176pts

New total = 109989, I'm getting there!

ANK - Legend of the Silver Arrow. How the heck did you beat the SLR with a 300SL? Surely an Impossible feat? I did it with the 190e for 200, just, after about 30 tries at nurb, but the 300SL? You used NOS right? or action replay :sly: :sly: I'm impressed.

Regarding Legend of the silver arrow yes i used NOS i actually did this race a while ago and i can't recall it being a problem. I think using S tyres makes all the difference. When possible i will always use less power and better tyres.

Also did Hyundai Sports festival last night with same results as you.
Hyundai coupe FX N1/N3 tyres 200 ballast+9000 miles 176pts

On another note i had to get nearly 10000 miles on the 2CV before it would offer 134pts going to do the races tonight.

RenesisEvo

For this race i used ASL Arta Garaiya (JGTC) with new oil R1 tyres+200 ballast i am not sure against what line up but i think it was the first. I think you should be alright with the Amuse what i usualy do if in any doubt is run the race till the first set of pit stops by then you know if you can win or not.

jdw

Beat the GT by 15s.

I'll make a photo of this ..........

ANK
For this race i used ASL Arta Garaiya (JGTC) with new oil R1 tyres+200 ballast i am not sure against what line up but i think it was the first. I think you should be alright with the Amuse what i usualy do if in any doubt is run the race till the first set of pit stops by then you know if you can win or not.

Well, with me driving, it can't...

Line-up #1 - 196pts with 200 ballast, R1 tyres, and Stage 3 turbo. Anything less than the Stage3, and the car is just not quick enough.

Line-up #2 - 162pts, same set-up as above. Not worth de-tuning the car, given the corvettes are about as quick as the Ford GT, which the set-up can't really handle that well.

Line-up #3 - 200pts!! But I can't keep up -12secs down after about 5laps :(.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be buying that car asap (just spent 550k on the Opel Astra DTM. It's soo much nicer than the A4 DTM... which I just had to give a chassis refresh it's done the DTM series that many times :crazy: )

RenesisEvo
Well, with me driving, it can't...

Line-up #1 - 196pts with 200 ballast, R1 tyres, and Stage 3 turbo. Anything less than the Stage3, and the car is just not quick enough.

Line-up #2 - 162pts, same set-up as above. Not worth de-tuning the car, given the corvettes are about as quick as the Ford GT, which the set-up can't really handle that well.

Line-up #3 - 200pts!! But I can't keep up -12secs down after about 5laps :(.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be buying that car asap (just spent 550k on the Opel Astra DTM. It's soo much nicer than the A4 DTM... which I just had to give a chassis refresh it's done the DTM series that many times :crazy: )

Some of the endurance races where you enter with a stage 3 turbo do not make a vast difference on speed especialy on twisty courses. Using a stage 3 turbo tyres seem to wear out to quick actually making the race harder due to more pit stops.

110 110 110 110 110 110 110 110 110 110
woohoo.

A3 cup - N1/N3 - 200 ballast - 8500 miles - 182pts

and that brings my total to..................110076!

Alpine next.....being my favorite car the A310 shouldn't be too much trouble (although I crashed it twice on test course setting it up for Bob to wear out!)

kamikazekoala
I was thinking about starting a thread about this. 👍 Good call.

Will try to help as much as I can. :)
try doing Suzuka circuit(real circuit tours) with a fully modded Supra RZ '97
that will give you 200 A-spec points and it's still possible to win :)

route_66
110 110 110 110 110 110 110 110 110 110
woohoo.

:) 👍 :bowdown:

route_66
Alpine next.....being my favorite car the A310 shouldn't be too much trouble (although I crashed it twice on test course setting it up for Bob to wear out!)

"crash" "Test course" :odd:

How does that happen? :lol:

I just got to 91,000 points with a 100% win record. I was doing some testing for more points (entering and exiting) got distracted and saved. It blew my 100% down to 98.% :ouch: :dunce:

I saved on my backup card at 75,000. It took me all Sunday to get up to 80,000. :ouch: :dunce:

The lesson: Save on your backup card after every 1000 or less points if you want to keep a perfect record. :grumpy:

slotcarrod
I just got to 91,000 points with a 100% win record. I was doing some testing for more points (entering and exiting) got distracted and saved. It blew my 100% down to 98.% :ouch: :dunce:

I saved on my backup card at 75,000. It took me all Sunday to get up to 80,000. :ouch: :dunce:

The lesson: Save on your backup card after every 1000 or less points if you want to keep a perfect record. :grumpy:

Or... maybe it offers a different lesson. A 100% win record is meaningless. It says one of two things: Either a) I'm lying to myself, and I faked it be resetting everytime I lost OR b) I made sure all the races were so easy that I never lost.

Must let go :sly:

Congrats on hitting 91K! 👍

jdw
:)
"crash" "Test course" :odd:

How does that happen? :lol:

Maxed up the A310 so Bob could drive it round at 180mph, and while testing it for gear settings went into the first curve on R5's, forgot I had ridiculous amounts of grip steered in too hard and swung the back end at 165. 900 degrees later and I got back up to speed only to do it again on the other curve. d'oh. To much driving on N1's, I forgot how gippy the R tyres are..............still it's not the worst I've done, In GT2 I had a 600+hp GT40 and would invariably hit a bump on test course at 200+mph and launch it into about 3000 spins. Those were the days............ :dunce:

route_66
Maxed up the A310 so Bob could drive it round at 180mph, and while testing it for gear settings went into the first curve on R5's, forgot I had ridiculous amounts of grip steered in too hard and swung the back end at 165. 900 degrees later and I got back up to speed only to do it again on the other curve. d'oh. To much driving on N1's, I forgot how gippy the R tyres are..............still it's not the worst I've done, In GT2 I had a 600+hp GT40 and would invariably hit a bump on test course at 200+mph and launch it into about 3000 spins. Those were the days............ :dunce:

Bwahahahahah..... Now that's funny! :lol: 👍 :D

Yeah, you gotta watch out for those extra grippy racing tires!!!

Don't suppose you saved the replay, did you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back