200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
route_66
Nah. Bob might get a work out..........but I have other games to play at the moment (sacreliege!?!). I think I will run up the miles while I sleep. Should be able to get over 110k maybe 111k if I do it.

Well, I think we can get you much closer to that magic 110K already!

A couple of us have discovered 200p races for World Classics. IIRC, you had about 150 in those so that's nearly 250p right there! :D

Wow! There is some great info being posted here!

I have just had a great weekend of racing - nothing new to report - have just been trying some of Route_66's suggestions.

Nurburgring 4 hr: ASL Garaiya (N3) - what a race! What fun! Excellent!! Only one competitor - Jaguar XKR R-Performance - fast car but bad on tyres. He could do an average lap on cold tyres, three great laps and then one shocker - his 5th lap was all over the place. I started on N1s and then pitted at the end of lap 1 and changed to N3s (after a terrible experiment changing to S1s which didn't happen). The little ASL can easily get 7 good laps out of a set so eventually clawed back the 1:10 deficit from the first few laps. I was 2 hours in before I was sure of the win (when I flew past a fishtailing Jag right at the start of the long straight) and then I only managed it by 14 seconds :nervous: . The bloody Nurburgring - just when you think you have it sorted a different corner comes out and bites you on the arse. If you could manage 29 clean laps this would be an easy win and that should be achievable - this car is a beauty and it loves the Ring.

Next up - gold on both Cone Slaloms - I didn't think that was going to happen :cheers: (and if I can do it anyone can 👍 )

Last but not least - the Grand Valley 300 - Wedssports Celica. Another beautiful car :drool: . By far and away the nicest car I have driven yet. 300km without a major bingle is something I just don't do - well didn't do until now. This car does everything asked of it - I am in love. A word of caution though, don't try going up against LM cars, not only are they faster but they will match your pit stop strategy and they are not necessary for 200 points. GT500s and Touring Cars are what you want (don't know about the Merc CLK, got scared when I saw it and tried another lineup). In the end my main competition was the '01 Castrol Tom's Supra - if he could have squeezed 1 more lap out of his tyres he probably would have won, but that 1 extra stop was his downfall (14 laps then 13 for the second stop so he was up against it). The first 14 laps were bumper to bumper racing, about as close to perfect as you could hope for.

Now... what to do next?? I had planned on doing the 1000 miles but then I realised just how long that would take in the Karmann Ghia and had second thoughts. Some other time perhaps.

Anyway, two of the most fun races I have had yet. Four hours on the Ring does not get boring - that track has so much to offer and you can't relax anywhere - brilliant!

Some of the manufacturers races are looking a bit hard at the moment.
Suzuki concepts Aston martin festival any tips?
Think i will give up on these for a while and try and finish some endurance races or maybe 1000 miles.

ANK
Think i will give up on these for a while and try and finish some endurance races or maybe 1000 miles.

with regard the aston martin festival I went with a DB7 Vantage Coupe '00 stock.
Suzuki concepts I think I ran a Concept-S2, but I'm not at home so I can't check.

will update tomorrow.

laters

ANK
I ran the Suzuki concepts last weekend and initially entered with a stock S2 to find the GSX/R's a nightmare. I maxed out the S2 except weight reduction and permanent horse power with S3 tires and it was overkill. I reran it with the GSX/R stock except S1 tires against a 4 GSX and 1 S2 field, and again slaughtered the AI. Finding a 200 point lineup with the S2 concept that's winnable will be difficult. The S2 has such bad understeer and wheelspin through the beginning of 3rd gear.
The Aston Martin race is a lot of fun. The Vantage V8 will do the trick stock, but the wheel spin is ridiculous. I also reran it in the DB7 and DB9. Now those two are a blast to drive. They still have the Aston wheel spin but not as bad as the and they handle like a dream. The DB9 is a fun candidate for the Supercar Festival, that too was a blast with decent Aspec.

JParker

ANK

Haven't done Concepts. I'm dreading it. :nervous:

Aston Martin - the DB7 Vantage gets the most points.
N1s and 50kg ballast for 200p, but I only managed the 200p on Fuji. 173p on the other two tracks with N3s and 200kg. And, for some reason I didn't use nitrous so...

I have found a way how you can get 200 a-spec points at the Nurb 24 hours take a Amuse S2000 R1 and install this:

Tranny, Gear Ratio 10, TCS/ASM off, Super Hard, Turbo Stage1

this was against first line-up on a PAL GT4

You can drive this car very fast. On the middle off the first lap i was in front, dont know how many pit-stops the ai makes so you have to test yourself :sly:

Nice!! Glad one of my fav. 200pt cars can go... that thing has hauled in so many A-spec points for me. El Capitan endurance, tuning car cup, professional NA and turbo racing...

when you say "super hard" - racing tyres or sports tyres?? I know it can easily survive 15laps of El Capitan on S1's.

RenesisEvo
Nice!! Glad one of my fav. 200pt cars can go... that thing has hauled in so many A-spec points for me. El Capitan endurance, tuning car cup, professional NA and turbo racing...

Well... are you gonna post 'em???

Just because the list has already has an entry for a particular race, doesn't mean it shouldn't have MORE!! :cool:

At least, IMO, I think the wider the variety of cars used for each race to get the "magic" 200p, the better. It makes the whole point system more accessible and encourages others to get involved :dopey:

JParker
Well, I finally went to the Suzuki manufacturer races and picked up one of the GSX/R4's to see what all the hype was about.

Wow, this thing is incredible. What a pure pleasure to drive. After I bought it, I tricked it out with all the horse power and drive train mods, sans permanent hp and lightweight, a nice selection of tires, and a wing. I took it to the Tokyo endurance against a lineup of all JGTC 500 and one Audi A4 touring car. It was a 194 point matchup and I lapped the "ENTIRE" field. This thing sticks to the road like it is superglued. Getting the other 6 points will be a breeze. It seems like it is some uber super car or something.

Has anyone tried 4 hours at Nurburgring with it, and is there a 200 point lineup it can win with?

JParker

Good call.
Did Nurburgring 4hr last night and its a fantastic car.
Suzuki GSX-R4 stage 1 tune race exhaust 150 ballast gear ratio set to 10 against the first line up.
Started on N1 tyres changed to N3 tyres after first lap.
It took about 1hr to get in front but it was a comfortable win in the end by nearly 5mins.

Nurb 24hr - BMW 320i, stock, R1's - 200pts. This was really really hard. Had to punt the Audi TT-R off on about lap 30 - smacked him right into the pit wall and he got stuck there for a good minute or so, allowing me to build up an unassailable lead.

So now I'm letting Bob break a 2CV as we speak.....figure it'll take him a good few hours to knacker that one out............. I've got 14 cars to break in for extra points, rekon another thousand should be possible (cheers to ANK for giving me the heads up on the Saleen and Alpine.......we'll see what we can do.)

hey route_66

is 109710 correct, or is that an old figure ?

just wondering I've just broken the 55k barrier at 82.3%, and I've got a truck load of races with sub 50 points (I went on a bit of mission trying to get closer to 100%)

laters

route_66
Had to punt the Audi TT-R off on about lap 30 - smacked him right into the pit wall and he got stuck there for a good minute or so, allowing me to build up an unassailable lead.

Shame on you :sly:

RenesisEvo

when you say "super hard" - racing tyres or sports tyres?? I know it can easily survive 15laps of El Capitan on S1's.

I mean Super Hard Racing Tires the car handles even better then on sports tires, and the racing tires survive a long time :sly:

I dont know how it is with the fuel but if the fuel is going for 5 laps and the super hards 7, then you better can switch to hard after your first stop.

I did the Nurb 24hr race last weekend using the BMW 320i Touring Car and got 200 A-Spec points. Here's the mini writeup I did elsewhere , I'll just paste it here. Maybe someone will get some use out of it. Right now I want to get 200 on all of the enduros before starting to earn 200pts. in some of the other races. (if I even do the rest at all)

"I used the BMW 320i touring car, with NA stage 3 (343HP at start, 323HP at finish) It also had 131 units of ballast set at 10% rear bias so that it would get me the full 200 A-spec points. Suspension settings were stock, all I did to it was add chassis stiffener, adjust the LSD to 5/25/10, and set the gears using the tranny trick. I set the Auto Set to 1, Final Drive to 3.875 and then tweaked the 5th gear to 1.045 so I had a bit more room in case I could manage to catch a draft on the straights. TCS was at 1 in case of visits to the kitty litter, though I would have been better off with no TCS as I hardly ran off course at all, it just slowed me down on the small bumps and jumps more than anything. I used R1 super hard tires front and rear on a 4 lap pit schedule. I raced against:

Audi A4 Touring Car '04 - 6 lap pit schedule
Opel Calibra Touring Car '94 - 6 lap pit schedule
BMW M3 GTR ace Car '01 - 6 lap pit schedule
Nissan C-West Razo Silvia (JTGC) '01 - 6 lap pit schedule
Nisan Falken GT-R Race Car '04 - 5 lap pit schedlue

All except the Silvia were much more powerful than my car, it would sometimes take nearly a full lap or more to catch a car from the moment I first saw it way off in the distance! The Audi led at first, and after 25 laps of pushing hard along with 6 pit stops to his 4 stops I had managed a mere 2'00 lead. The BMW M3 really was hauling ass later in the race, I didn't end up putting him a lap down until 10 hours into the race, and once again at about 20 hours in. The M3 finished 2 laps down, along with the Audi about a half a lap behind him, and the GT-R and Opel finished 3 laps down if I counted correctly. The Silvia was a non factor and was lapped about 10 times. My fastest lap was set on lap 138 with a 7.12.212. 7'10's should be easy in free run with the R1 tires at full traction however.

Overall it was a fair challenge, you couldn't just loaf around or else the AI would start gaining on you. I managed to spin out due to rumble stirps about 5 times (On the same damn corner!), and ran wide or clipped a corner about 15 times, so it was a pretty clean race I'd say. I also had a bit of a misadventure when I was on lap 150-something, I was drafting the GT-R down the entire back stretch, and happily watched as he pulled into the pit entrace. Suddenly I realized that I had to pit too (like I had planned before spacing off) since I had no units of fuel left and Orange tires.:ouch: Quickly I stopped and handbraked into a 180 and went into the pits before I lost too much time though. Total driven was 195 laps with 48 pit stops, for a total of 2518 miles!

Well that's about it for this mini write-up. My hands and wrists are a bit sore from holding the vibrating wheel for so long, and my ass is numb. I got the Formula One car unlocked in arcade mode as expected, so that was my main goal aside from just finishing this long SOB. I got a white and green F1 for the garage, so I guess the Forumla 1 series will be my next goal. 86.2% complete, all in A-Spec mode. 6000+ miles in A Spec so far!"

I saved the NTSC replay file on my Max Drive also if it would help anyone. If you want it just PM me.

Whats the tranny trick?

I always thought that was when you got fooled into sleeping with some guy dressed as woman.

ANK
Whats the tranny trick?

I always thought that was when you got fooled into sleeping with some guy dressed as woman.

lol, does that happen to you regularly?
the gears/tranny trick involves putting the final drive setting all the way to maximum, then sliding the auto set slider to maximum and then down to minimum. Now you put the final drive where you want it and voila.......a nicely balanced set of gear ratios. (did I get that the right way round?)

My total is 109765 at the moment, but i'm not going to keep updating every five minutes, I can't be bothered - don't worry I let you all know if I break 110k (or 111k).

..................Bob ploughs on round test course in his 2CV, race clock says ten hours in and he's managed a poxy 548 miles.................. :grumpy: ..................

route_66
..................Bob ploughs on round test course in his 2CV, race clock says ten hours in and he's managed a poxy 548 miles.................. :grumpy: ..................

Perhaps this is an opportunity to determine if max engine wear is tied to a specific mileage or if the mileage for max engine wear is relative to the car's power.

In other words, you may not have to wait the 4 or 5000 miles to see max engine wear.

I know its already been noted on here, but I just finished the most amazing race I have run in any of the 4 gt's. I used the BMW M3 GTR, stock hp, with all drivetrain, brakes, and suspension upgrades and R1 tires to do the Laguna Seca Enduro. I went out on the R1's, hung tough with the Shelby Series 1 and the Saleen S7 for 11 laps. I had the driving aids off and coming through the corkscrew, I completely punted it. 14 seconds behind, I just pull into the pits to put some R3's on this bad boy. I come out about 45 seconds down and think, this will be fun. The Shelby pits on lap 16, I think, ok, he's got 5 stops. I stop at lap 21, ok, 10 laps on R3's, I'll have 8 stops. Uh-oh, that's 1:30 I have to make up on the Shelby, and what, the Saleen is pitting on lap 22, thank goodness its not 23, or he could do it on 3 stops. Anyway, I battle on. Lap 80, the Shelby and I pit together, I am 4 seconds back. We come out together and have it out. But the R3's are just too much, I take it easy on the last lap and finish 8 seconds up. Whee! On lap 40 or so I was really thinking that the spin would cost me this 200 point beauty. Anyway, took 2:19:53 to finish the 90 laps, 8 second margin of victory, fastest lap in the very low 1:28's I think. Anyway, with 8 * 30 seconds for pits, that leaves a 1:30.6 average lap. This should give people some idea of pace if you want to try other cars. I tried the Suzuki GSX-R/4 on S2's, went 27 laps before the rears gave out. I was running with the leaders after they pitted each time. I think maybe with S1's in the back you could easily make 30 laps for a 2 stop race, or maybe even 45 for only one stop. But the Suzuki is definitely winnable for 200 points (I even think I added some HP upgrades). Cheers and thanks for this wonderful thread.

Curses. Bob put 4000 miles on the 2CV, got bad oil.....and the points went up from 122 all the way to a mighty.........126. arse.

Soooo........the engine wear doesn't change with car power - it still took 4000 miles to wear out the 15hp citroen. think i'll stick the 2CV and get out the Crossfire - a possible 250points up for grabs if i can knacker that one. Over to Bob.............

route_66
Curses. Bob put 4000 miles on the 2CV, got bad oil.....and the points went up from 122 all the way to a mighty.........126. arse.

Soooo........the engine wear doesn't change with car power - it still took 4000 miles to wear out the 15hp citroen. think i'll stick the 2CV and get out the Crossfire - a possible 250points up for grabs if i can knacker that one. Over to Bob.............

Don't give up yet route. I don't believe engine wear stops until around 8000-8500 miles. So you're only half way there :crazy:
I noticed this on my Sauber, it was mentioned as well on another thread.

JParker
8000-8500 miles. .

Awwwww...man. :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

66: "Bob! Get your no good lazy hide back in that Citroen!"
Bob: "No Please, not the 2CV again! ANything but that!"
66: "4000 more miles. Now. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!"

route_66
Awwwww...man. :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

66: "Bob! Get your no good lazy hide back in that Citroen!"
Bob: "No Please, not the 2CV again! ANything but that!"
66: "4000 more miles. Now. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!"

Dare I ask... how many hours did the first 4000m take? :eek:

It could also be that the rate of increase of a-spec points increases with km - in my test on the subaru I only got 2 a-spec for the first 3650 km and then 12 for the next 8450. This could be due to permenant engine damage not kicking in until the first 800? miles have been driven?

T0: 00013.6 km on the clock for 16 ps and 130 a-spec - b-spec 00000 km
T1: 03665.9 km on the clock for 16 ps and 132 a-spec - b-spec 03358 km
T2: 12137.6 km on the clock for 14 ps and 144 a-spec - b-spec 10766 km
T3: 15959.9 km on the clock for 14 ps and 144 a-spec - b-spec 13778 km

Moloch_horridus
It could also be that the rate of increase of a-spec points increases with km - in my test on the subaru I only got 2 a-spec for the first 3650 km and then 12 for the next 8450. This could be due to permenant engine damage not kicking in until the first 800? miles have been driven?

T0: 00013.6 km on the clock for 16 ps and 130 a-spec - b-spec 00000 km
T1: 03665.9 km on the clock for 16 ps and 132 a-spec - b-spec 03358 km
T2: 12137.6 km on the clock for 14 ps and 144 a-spec - b-spec 10766 km
T3: 15959.9 km on the clock for 14 ps and 144 a-spec - b-spec 13778 km

Well if that's the case I'm looking at 50-100 extra points from the 2CV if it works out the way you've said - after Bob gets to 8000/9000 miles that is. For 14pts extra I won't bother with the Subaru, but the A3, Crossfire, Hyundai, Lotus classic and Spitfire should work out at more than that.
more power = more power lost to engine wear = more points for bad oil in a more powerful car? Am i going to find that the points increase is totally linear and engine wear will add 14 points at best, regardless of how powerful the car is? Any ideas? At only 14 extra per race I might just break 110 if I do them all, but I was hoping to get a few more for all the time it's taking.

EDIT: ANK and Moloch this post was aimed at you two since you seem to have done the most research into it - any help would be greatly appreciated.

By my reckoning the most available in a new Crossfire was 154, ANK got 182 with old oil so +28 there.

I think it will be a combination of reduction in hp and the effect that has on the PWR so it will be unique for each car. I would imagine that the 2CV will be much the same as the 360 although I suspect that the 2CV might get more of a boost. My next test will be with the BMW120.

route_66
Well if that's the case I'm looking at 50-100 extra points from the 2CV if it works out the way you've said - after Bob gets to 8000/9000 miles that is. For 14pts extra I won't bother with the Subaru, but the A3, Crossfire, Hyundai, Lotus classic and Spitfire should work out at more than that.
more power = more power lost to engine wear = more points for bad oil in a more powerful car? Am i going to find that the points increase is totally linear and engine wear will add 14 points at best, regardless of how powerful the car is? Any ideas? At only 14 extra per race I might just break 110 if I do them all, but I was hoping to get a few more for all the time it's taking.

EDIT: ANK and Moloch this post was aimed at you two since you seem to have done the most research into it - any help would be greatly appreciated.

I put 9000 miles on the audi A3 points up to 182
BMW120i 9000 miles points up to 200 against 4 120d's
I was going to post all of the German races when i had finished them all.
Only 1 race left to go VW GTi cup at Opera Paris any tips?
I have not finished wearing out all the cars yet but at a rough estimate i think if you can get every point possible then the total will be around 111,500.

ANK
I put 9000 miles on the audi A3 points up to 182
BMW120i 9000 miles points up to 200 against 4 120d's
I was going to post all of the German races when i had finished them all.
Only 1 race left to go VW GTi cup at Opera Paris any tips?
I have not finished wearing out all the cars yet but at a rough estimate i think if you can get every point possible then the total will be around 111,500.

Well the 2CV is up to 134 points at 7000 miles, so it should squeeze a couple more out - If I could get it to 140/142 that would be great (an extra 100). Thanks for the help ANK and Moloch - 111 is definately a possibility now.

and ANK, for the GTI cup at Opera, I can't remember if I used the Polo or Lupo, but I do remember using close gearing and mixed tyres (N1/N3 I think) for 200. If all else fails rag the Nitrous (as I had to do with the 2CV - it's now so worn out it couldn't get up the first hill at Monaco without a little N2O boost!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back