200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
jdw
Bwahahahahah..... Now that's funny! :lol: đź‘Ť :D

Yeah, you gotta watch out for those extra grippy racing tires!!!

Don't suppose you saved the replay, did you?

No. But I could quite happily do it again...............sticking the A310 into a massive spin has become something of a speciality for me. I love that car - baby's got back :) :)

I don't know if this race + car combo has been mentioned already but it seems like a pretty good one which assures success... In the right hands.
I used an old Lotus Elan to win the El Captain enduro and got 200 pts for it.

It was fully tuned with the best of everything fitted. I used the hardest compound tire and pitted seldom. I actually won by a few laps.

Its power to weight ratio is very good when tuned and its sheer speed through the corners more than makes up for its slight lack of outright speed. It's also very kind to its tires.
It makes me wonder how many other 'Normal or Sports tires required' races it could win for similar points.

route_66
No. But I could quite happily do it again...............sticking the A310 into a massive spin has become something of a speciality for me. I love that car - baby's got back :) :)

That would be fun... :sly:

Ya know, the common case is to only save and show off the replays of your accomplishments. That's all fine.

But sometimes you need a Blooper Reel. The Outtakes. :lol:

route_66
110 110 110 110 110 110 110 110 110 110
woohoo.

A3 cup - N1/N3 - 200 ballast - 8500 miles - 182pts

and that brings my total to..................110076!

Alpine next.....being my favorite car the A310 shouldn't be too much trouble (although I crashed it twice on test course setting it up for Bob to wear out!)

Well done how may points do figure are possible? my guess is somwhere between 111,000-112,000.

I won't be getting to many points this week started Nurburgring 24hr last night which will take at least 4 days.

slotcarrod
I just got to 91,000 points with a 100% win record. I was doing some testing for more points (entering and exiting) got distracted and saved. It blew my 100% down to 98.% :ouch: :dunce:

I saved on my backup card at 75,000. It took me all Sunday to get up to 80,000. :ouch: :dunce:

The lesson: Save on your backup card after every 1000 or less points if you want to keep a perfect record. :grumpy:

I got to 107,000 keeping my 100% win ratio then after about 50 resets at VW GTi cup i had a flash of inspiration and thought to myself why?
Last week i would have said to you keep it up but when you get towards the last few races it just gets to frustrating.
The first thing i did as soon as i lost my 100% was overwrite my backup save so i could never be tempted to go back.

Recipe:

1 piece of Nissan Skyline Sport Coupe '62
add all non-permanent tune-ups (turbo, not NA. No weight red., no port polish or engine balancing)

Enter Race of red emblem for 200p

ANK
Well done how may points do figure are possible? my guess is somwhere between 111,000-112,000.

I won't be getting to many points this week started Nurburgring 24hr last night which will take at least 4 days.

Did the Alpine......110166.
1 series next - 120 there, then:
Subaru (20 extra)
Saleen (50)
Spitfire (100 ish)
Copen (100 ish)
RX-8 (50)
Lotus (100)
Mini (50)
Polo GTI (50)
Makes 650ish I can still get, plus the Megane cup where I got 144 in the used IDE coupe, but if I wear out the new one I might get more.......
might just crack 111 if i'm very lucky.

route_66
Did the Alpine......110166.
1 series next - 120 there, then:
Subaru (20 extra)
Saleen (50)
Spitfire (100 ish)
Copen (100 ish)
RX-8 (50)
Lotus (100)
Mini (50)
Polo GTI (50)
Makes 650ish I can still get, plus the Megane cup where I got 144 in the used IDE coupe, but if I wear out the new one I might get more.......
might just crack 111 if i'm very lucky.

Subaru's easy, so is the RX-8. Mini @50? Is that because of NY and Tokyo? Couldn't manage more than 181p on NY (dropped to chip + S1/S3 tires) but I'm sure you could! Tokyo, I just had to get the lead on the first corner or it was over.

What did you get on the Spitfire Cup? I had 137p per race.
What about the K-Car Cup? (for me it was 178/178/163 in used Wagon R)
Isuzu Sport Classics? What about Suzuki Concepts?

Megane IDE. You get that used?
I had it down as 60p for a stock 16V and 34p for a stock IDE. Get to 144p with the 16V after all the crap is on it.

ANK
I got to 107,000 keeping my 100% win ratio then after about 50 resets at VW GTi cup i had a flash of inspiration and thought to myself why?
Last week i would have said to you keep it up but when you get towards the last few races it just gets to frustrating.
The first thing i did as soon as i lost my 100% was overwrite my backup save so i could never be tempted to go back.

Thank you, ANK, 66 and all the people who have listed races for max points. I am at 82+K and still going. I will get over that 100K mark and get to the highest points mark set by you guys, but I will do it with 100% WR and thats just Me! :)

slotcarrod
Thank you, ANK, 66 and all the people who have listed races for max points. I am at 82+K and still going. I will get over that 100K mark and get to the highest points mark set by you guys, but I will do it with 100% WR and thats just Me! :)

Well, I am trying to, but I am making much slower progress, since I tend to a) suck at the driving and take longer to win b) spend more time doing other things in GT4 like PhotoMode c) more time not even at the PS2 (like now, for example).

currently just over 25k, for 45.5%... so I've got at least another 10k to get before thinking about advancing. Currently struggling with some manufacturer races, the 70's Japanese cup, Club Z (good lord how that is annoying. 56pts 350Z - lost. 120pts in a 240Z - won. 200pts in a 240Z - lost. confused? I am....), and the JGTC championship. I have decided that the ASL Garaiya is NOT a good car to be using for 120pts, never mind 200. Someone suggested a Suzuki GSX-R/4 - what mods are needed for it?? and I do hope that doesn't need some insane driving at Seoul or the Super Speedway.

12 hours into Nurburgring 24 hr endurance and at the moment i am just under 3 minutes ahead looks like it could be close come the end of the race.
We had thunder and lightning all night and was expecting to wake up with the console reset but to my surprise my car was still sat in the pits ready to race.

jdw
Subaru's easy, so is the RX-8. Mini @50? Is that because of NY and Tokyo? Couldn't manage more than 181p on NY (dropped to chip + S1/S3 tires) but I'm sure you could! Tokyo, I just had to get the lead on the first corner or it was over.

What did you get on the Spitfire Cup? I had 137p per race.
What about the K-Car Cup? (for me it was 178/178/163 in used Wagon R)
Isuzu Sport Classics? What about Suzuki Concepts?

Megane IDE. You get that used?
I had it down as 60p for a stock 16V and 34p for a stock IDE. Get to 144p with the 16V after all the crap is on it.

Mini is 50 tops, I forget why!

Spitfire I also have 137, so another 20-30 a race posssible there. K-car i've got 200 with the Life Step Van and NOS.

Megane Coupe IDE used, yes. So I need to wear out the 16V to pick up the extra 100 or so.

Still - that leaves more missing than I should have - anybody work out where I missed the last 2000????? 113,100 is the theoretical max right? so how come I can only manage 111? WHERE ARE THOSE CURSED MISSING POINTS!!!??

RENESIS - You can pretty much max the GSX and still get 200 for JGTC, I used NA Stage 2 and R2 tyres and that was enough. Yes, Speedway is a bit of a bugger, but it can be done.

SLOTCARROD - Win Ratio = Pointless. Let it go, it's not worth the aggro of resetting to get line-up changes and test point combinations only for everyone to say "Yeah well I could have reset everytime I lost and I'd have WR 100% too." Good luck with the points though.

route_66
Still - that leaves more missing than I should have - anybody work out where I missed the last 2000????? 113,100 is the theoretical max right? so how come I can only manage 111? WHERE ARE THOSE CURSED MISSING POINTS!!!??

World classics or european classics maybe what about super speedway endurance

route_66
RENESIS - You can pretty much max the GSX and still get 200 for JGTC, I used NA Stage 2 and R2 tyres and that was enough. Yes, Speedway is a bit of a bugger, but it can be done.
Yea, I just ran the JGTC again the other night with the GSX. All mods except weight reduction and permanent horse power. And to think I used R1's :crazy: Funny, I have driven the GSX in a few 200 pt matchups and it is beginning to feel like a cheat car. It just outperforms everything I've lined up against by leaps and bounds. It was quite fun though last night with the GSX at the NA races. 200 pts without a SVT Cobra. The race at midfield against a Proto Spirra was quite fun.
route_66
SLOTCARROD - Win Ratio = Pointless. Let it go, it's not worth the aggro of resetting to get line-up changes and test point combinations only for everyone to say "Yeah well I could have reset everytime I lost and I'd have WR 100% too." Good luck with the points though.
No kidding, in GT3 I pressed for 100% ratio but the way GT4 is layed out and with the Aspec points, I never even considered maintaining my win ratio. The whole resetting the console and rebooting the game is just waaaayyyy to aggrevating for me.

On another note route_66, yesterday I noticed you used the Ram for the Special Conditions Hall while perusing your Aspec outline on the link found in your 1st post in this thread. I would like to thank you. Yea it feels a little overkill, or rather a lot overkill, but I ran several in overpowered rally cars and just hate rallying in GT4,,, until now. The Ram was big fun to drive in the rallies, and 200 points to boot :)

RenesisEvo
Someone suggested a Suzuki GSX-R/4 - what mods are needed for it?? and I do hope that doesn't need some insane driving at Seoul or the Super Speedway.
I'll suggest it too REvo. When I pressed the next race button and saw the Super Speedway, I just said what the hell, and just started from the bottom of the grid and boy will you be surprised. Seoul was the same. Huge margin of victory. The hardest part of driving the GSX is realizing just how fast this car can take curves, it's mind boggling. Good luck. BTW, full mods, everything including wing, and according to route R2's on tires, I used R1's and still a surprisingly easy sweep of the championship.

JParker

JParker
Yea, I just ran the JGTC again the other night with the GSX. All mods except weight reduction and permanent horse power. And to think I used R1's :crazy: Funny, I have driven the GSX in a few 200 pt matchups and it is beginning to feel like a cheat car. It just outperforms everything I've lined up against by leaps and bounds. It was quite fun though last night with the GSX at the NA races. 200 pts without a SVT Cobra. The race at midfield against a Proto Spirra was quite fun.

When I did the NA racing, it was lots of fun using an Amuse R1 (up there with the RAM for no. of races it can get 200pts at).

When you say "all mods..." - downforce??? I would think you might need it - my ASL Garaiya JGTC needed it!! The rear right tyre got so badly worn on low-downforce that I kept spinning on the last corner, on the last lap :ouch: *reset*

Eventually walked away with a measly 58pts.... 120 average for rest of series. Looking forward to a much more fun time with the GSX-R/4.

RenesisEvo
When you say "all mods..." - downforce??? I would think you might need it - my ASL Garaiya JGTC needed it!! The rear right tyre got so badly worn on low-downforce that I kept spinning on the last corner, on the last lap :ouch: *reset*

Eventually walked away with a measly 58pts.... 120 average for rest of series. Looking forward to a much more fun time with the GSX-R/4.
I edited my post above as you were posting this one in regards to downforce and mods. You'll be pleasantly surprised how easy the GSX takes the full win sweep at the JGTC. Almost disappointing if you ask me, but it is a pleasure to drive. If you want a hard fought 200 points at JGTC, try the Wedsport with R1's or maybe even R2's. It's a blast to drive too, great handling.
Another good, although almost too easy, win is the All Japan race (the first one in Japan Hall, with the GSX stock , on S1's.

JParker

RenesisEvo
currently just over 25k, for 45.5%... so I've got at least another 10k to get before thinking about advancing. Currently struggling with some manufacturer races, the 70's Japanese cup, Club Z (good lord how that is annoying. 56pts 350Z - lost. 120pts in a 240Z - won. 200pts in a 240Z - lost. confused? I am....), and the JGTC championship. I have decided that the ASL Garaiya is NOT a good car to be using for 120pts, never mind 200. Someone suggested a Suzuki GSX-R/4 - what mods are needed for it?? and I do hope that doesn't need some insane driving at Seoul or the Super Speedway.

JGTC - Ok, you've got all the advice on the Suzuki

But there are a couple alternatives. I used the Toyota Altezza Touring Car w/R3s everywhere but Seoul, Motegi and SS. Very fun car. And then used the Wedsport for Seoul and Motegi and yes... the Suzuki at SS on R3s with a wing, Turbo 2 muffler and chip.

Club "Z" was the 280Z (it is the worst for points) + 25kg ballast and nitrous. Won El Cap without the nitrous... but umm... well, that's El Cap :dopey:

But you still need to find the right lineup. The 240, 280 and '68 2000 are all a drag on the points so try to find a lineup with only one of those.

route_66
K-car i've got 200 with the Life Step Van and NOS.

The Life Step Van!! Doh! I forget about that one.

route_66

Well, I have the spreadsheet fixed now. I can send the new one or I could do it quickly enough. What races do you have LESS than 200p in. I can plug it in and tell you how many points you should have... and if they don't match up I'm afraid you'll have check each and every race.

ANK
World classics or european classics maybe what about super speedway endurance

done, done and done. (Praise be to the Karmann Ghia, Alfa Duetto and R390)

jdw
Well, I have the spreadsheet fixed now. I can send the new one or I could do it quickly enough. What races do you have LESS than 200p in. I can plug it in and tell you how many points you should have... and if they don't match up I'm afraid you'll have check each and every race.

Can you send me the new one so I can have a scout through it later? I need something to jog my memory on the races I didn't get 200 in. I wish I'd made better notes as I was going along.....It'll take ages to check through. Again. grrr......Okay missing points....I'm going to find you!

route_66
done, done and done. (Praise be to the Karmann Ghia, Alfa Duetto and R390)

Can you send me the new one so I can have a scout through it later? I need something to jog my memory on the races I didn't get 200 in. I wish I'd made better notes as I was going along.....It'll take ages to check through. Again. grrr......Okay missing points....I'm going to find you!

Wait, wait, wait... I have to back up on my earlier comment.

How do you take a Honda van into a Suzuki cup? Answer: you can't. Might want to double-check that one.
Thought you said about 150p in Europe Classics with the Duetto? Or did you go back with the Karmann?

Yeah, I'll ship the new spreadsheet to you. I still have my own discrepanices to find. Spreadsheet says I have about 300p more than I actually have. But I have checked all the formulas and they are correct. So it's adding it up right. Must've just put something in wrong.

Anyone else want it, let me know. It's only real purpose is to help track A-spec points since it's easy to get lost.
Stupid question but how do I submit it?

Do you mean how to attach it on GTPlanet?
Scroll down below the reply box, click on Manage Attatchments.
Browse for the file on you computer (you may want to zip it if its a particularly big excel spreadsheet) and then click upload
Wait for the file to upload and click OK.
It should show the filename you uploaded in underlined blue text where it says Attach files
Now when you submit your message, it'll include a download link to your file.
Hope that helps, and if its not what you meant then I'm sure it'll help someone out, somewhere along the line! ;)

RenesisEvo
*raises hand* only if it says what car/mods were used though, otherwise tis no use.

The spreadsheet is meant just to track points.

I do have my FAQ was has all the other info you want plus more.
Last weekend I nearly completed the competitors lists (what the AI might throw at you in each race). I added the Enurances so the only thing left is a few notes on the Special Conditions. And then... rework all the intro stuff, wrap and ship it out.

I'll PM you my email if you'd like it.

EDIT: Wow, never thought to attach anything. :dunce:
Here's the spreadsheet for those interested. Make sure to change the file extension from .txt to .xls (it wouldn't upload otherwise) Not ready to attach the FAQ just yet.

Attachments

• Total_Aspec_Blank.txt
    33.5 KB · Views: 117
jdw
I do have my FAQ was has all the other info you want plus more.
Last weekend I nearly completed the competitors lists (what the AI might throw at you in each race). I added the Enurances so the only thing left is a few notes on the Special Conditions. And then... rework all the intro stuff, wrap and ship it out.
Yea, I've been meaning to let you know I got the copy you emailed me last week. It is a really good, informative read. Great job jdw. Only thing is the abbreviations on the charts make the charts a little difficult to read. I haven't printed it yet, it may help to have the whole thing printed and looking at it together, rather than scrolling thru it on the computer.

jdw
Wait, wait, wait... I have to back up on my earlier comment.

How do you take a Honda van into a Suzuki cup? Answer: you can't. Might want to double-check that one.
Thought you said about 150p in Europe Classics with the Duetto? Or did you go back with the Karmann?

Yeah, I'll ship the new spreadsheet to you. I still have my own discrepanices to find. Spreadsheet says I have about 300p more than I actually have. But I have checked all the formulas and they are correct. So it's adding it up right. Must've just put something in wrong.

Anyone else want it, let me know. It's only real purpose is to help track A-spec points since it's easy to get lost.
Stupid question but how do I submit it?

Suzuki - Good point well made :dunce: - I've only got 172 in the SUZUKI (D'oh!) K-car, so the Wagon-R goes on my wear down list (unless it's already worn, forgot to check that, in which case I can't get them anyway!). Yes I did go back to World Classics with the Karmann so that's a no-no, but while I was at Suzuki I had a look at the Concepts race and found................500 missing points! LSD, NOS, Suspension, ballast S2's and a 4 GSX field later...........110716. Yay. Still a few more kicking around somewhere though......111500 looks on the cards now,
Midget, Isuzu, MG, Crossfire, A3 and 2CV are non-200 races so they should cost me...............600-800 points, provided there aren't anymore, then I might be able to get to 112 before I really can't get anymore. Bob's getting on with breaking the Spitfire tonight................. on we go.

Thanks for the help and the new spreadsheet JDW - the first one was a little suspect!

EDIT: filled in jdw's spreadsheet with what I think I've got, and the total according to that is only 90 over what I have got..........that means I've only missed 90 points that I could have got, which isn't a lot! Thanks man, this means I don't have to go back looking for points that I haven't actually missed. On course and heading for home.....111500 is probably the best I can hope for in this case and it will be the final, final, final maximum!

EDIT 2: the Wagon-R does already have bad oil, so 172 is going to be it for the Suzuki K-car.

This one has probably already been listed but the following lineup is the best I have found for the Japanese 70s Classic:

vs. Mirage 1400 '78 with dt/sups, N2/N3, 150kg, NOS100, old oil

Gallant GTO MR '70
Celica 1600GT '70
Skyline HT2000GT-R '70
Skyline 2000 GTR '73
Lancer 1600 GSR '73

These opponents are fairly evenly matched and if you they are in the same order as above the Gallant will hold back any bolters. This was lineup #30 PAL so it may be a while before I go back for the other 40 points.

Finally got points caught up to % complete 53000/53%. Has taken some time. My hat off to anyone who can get 200 in the Legend of the Silver Arrow ay the 'Ring - 160 will have to do me for the time being.

Has anybody got any good lineup recommendations for New York 200 miles?
I've tried several combinations so far, I'm confident that I can manage to pull off a 200pt stock car win here in something like a used Lotus Esprit V8 SE, Honda NSX Type-S Zero or maybe the Mazda RX-7 Bathurst R. However, though I'm finding I could stay a little back from 4 out of 5 opponents, and could therefore just about win the race on pit strategy by a small margin (which is usually how I like to race)there's 1 out of the 5 that leaves everything else standing & takes off into the distance.
In the 1st lineup I get, its the TVR Cerbera Speed Six, in the second its the C5 Corvette Z06, there's a lineup with the Pagani Zonda which does the same.
Is there anything anyone has come across where the 5 AI opponents are evenly matched?
Help much appreciated..... Thanks in advance for suggestions. (I'm on NA NTSC version.)

Great stuff man! How does it feel?

I couldn't help but notice, you have all Golds but not a win percentage of 100%...why not?

EDIT: Oops. Disregard...wrong thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back