200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets's see...

Now, I haven't tried a lot of these so, take them with a grain of salt.

1) Infineon - 2J is the easiest. Used 390 and Used 787B would be the next best.

2) Laguna - I used a mildly modified M3 GTR for 195p agains the Ford GT. I'm willing to bet a stock M3 GTR would do fine. But there's lots of room here and a LOT of cars are capable. The Elise 111R, the GSX, the Clio 24V, the Honda S2000 LM would probably work, maybe a JGTC300 or a Rally car?
One thing to keep in mind... the competition is on R2s so be sure to use R1s.

3) Roadster - no idea but I'd probably start with the S-special '95 or the 1800RS and see what happens.

4) Tokyo - Modded out Suzuki GSX is a shoe-in. But me, I'd favor the Wedsport Celica. Great car :D

5) Nurb 4h - Well I've been working on that very one for the past few hours. I like to try and find a good car that hasn't been used yet and leave it stock. So far, the Lancia Stratos and the RX-8 are the closest I've come. But there's plenty of room if you don't mind modding and tweaking to get points.

Elise 111R or the Garaiya are probably the easiest to get 200p and win with (S1s + ballast or N3s should do it).
In both cases you'd probably have to face a Speedster Turbo or Garaiya.

Otherwise I would purposely avoid the Speester, Garaiya, Elise and the NSXes (it hasn't been that hard for me). If you do that, you have more room to choose a car and would have a less "spread out" race.

In that case, some other cars that a very close and could be tweaked to win are the IROC-Z, Delorean, Elise 111S, Speedster, 240Z, 240RS, '54 Vette, etc, etc.

jdw and Slotcarrod - nice to see you made it into the 100000 club good job.

I've finished. Mopped up the final few missing points and finished off the VW GTi Cup.

Unfortunately my camera stopped working yesterday so the picture isn't quite at the final total (It's about 80 short) but the link to (yesterdays, nearly final) status screen is:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/Route_66/IMG_0002.jpg

and my final, final, final maximum total is................111,719
Pretty strange number to end up with, but hey there you go. This should be the maximum, I used jdw's spreadsheet to check each race against my totals and the points did tally up.

the non-200 races are:-

MG Festival - 179
Triumph Spitfire Cup - 158
Crossfire Trophy - 182
2HP-2CV - 134
Megane Cup - 169
Audi A3 Cup - 182
Daihatsu Copen Challenge - 166
Suzuki K-car - 172
Isuzu Sports - 179
Subaru 360 race - 142
Hyundai Sports - 176

All the rest can (and now have) be(en) done.

I'm going to go play GT2 for the rest of the Afternoon. Keep up the good work.

EDIT: was disappointed that despite driving the whole game A-spec, Bob still ended up with more miles than me, just from wearing things out. I consider my earlier 109000 score without Bob to be much purer. Still, needs must and stuff.

66. You could have got bob to mash the cars on a back up card and then buy it back with the extra miles and old oil. 💡

slotcarrod
66. You could have got bob to mash the cars on a back up card and then buy it back with the extra miles and old oil. 💡

that don't work cos I was trying to do the same thing.

when you buy back the car its in the same state as if you bought it :(

deadboy1975
that don't work cos I was trying to do the same thing.

when you buy back the car its in the same state as if you bought it :(

True. Nice idea Slotcarrod, but it wouldn't work. I'll settle for 109k with no Bob and 111k with his meagre assistance. It's not like he did anything in any races.

EDIT: jdw - Roadster Enduro - the '89 MX-5 (used) is the oe to go for - it slightly lighter than the others but way down on power (108hp) - N1's and 200 ballast, plus a line up with the 1800RS and no S-special = 200.

Hi, I'm new in this forum and I'm really enjoying it. Lots of useful info. I'm from Spain so don't expect my English is great :P
I've got almost 70,000 a-spect by now and I'd like to reach 100,000.
Just one thing for Route_66. I've got 159 points in Triumph Spitfire Cup and 144 in Subaru 360 Race. My GT4 is PAL but I don't think that matters. So burn your oil a little more and you'll have 111,722. :)

JUMUNGUS
Hi, I'm new in this forum and I'm really enjoying it. Lots of useful info. I'm from Spain so don't expect my English is great :P
I've got almost 70,000 a-spect by now and I'd like to reach 100,000.
Just one thing for Route_66. I've got 159 points in Triumph Spitfire Cup and 144 in Subaru 360 Race. My GT4 is PAL but I don't think that matters. So burn your oil a little more and you'll have 111,722. :)

159? really..........hmmm pretty sure I was right about that one - I have the PAL version too. I've been doing this for two months now, so maybe I'll see if these extra 7 are actually there, but I doubt it. How many miles (km in Spain?) did you put on the Triumph and Subaru? Mine had 10000 miles (16000km) each to get those scores.

Also - welcome to GTP and I'm really glad you're enjoying the forum, but in future try not to make more than one post in a row - use the edit button to change your first post if you get something wrong. Have fun.

EDIT: Slotcarrod - what you saying? Still got a few more than you matey!!! :sly: :sly: :sly: 👍 👍 👍 :)

Spitfire: almost 20,000 km
360: less than 15,000 km (two points more than you with fewer km's, it's strange. Perhaps it depends on the way the car runs. I always use full power and enlarge the gears when i burn oil to get the maximun speed in the test course. This might burn oil earlier...)

JUMUNGUS
Spitfire: almost 20,000 km
360: less than 15,000 km (two points more than you with fewer km's, it's strange. Perhaps it depends on the way the car runs. I always use full power and enlarge the gears when i burn oil to get the maximun speed in the test course. This might burn oil earlier...)

hmmm....I also max out the car and gears before burning the oil (It makes the time go faster as well) - well I'll look into it and see what happens. Thanks.

I bought the first truck I came across for the Pick-up Truck series: the Dodge 1500 Larame. Even with a supercharger and racing chip, the three races of the series were all worth 200 points, but difficulty-wise it felt more like a 50-point race.

Since the thing was 4WD I took it in the 4WD Challenge and, still with supercharger and racing chip, att fvive events were worth 200 points, and all five events were hardly challenging.

EDIT: Slotcarrod - what you saying? Still got a few more than you matey!!! :sly: :sly: :sly: 👍 👍 👍 :)[/QUOTE]

Hey! Don't rub it in! LOL :nervous:

I can confirm that 144 is available for the Suby 360. I had also recorded 159 for the Spitfire (I think ANK reported that).

You may have been caught by the same thing that got me. As the power drops these cars can no longer hit the red line in top so the hp reduction process stops. Thanks to ANK for the advice on this.

My 🤬 2CVs have 25,000 and 15,000 km respectively and are still not getting more than 124 points so I have installed NA1 so they can always hit the redline.

BTW: You also missed the Midget Race in your list - 152 max?

Moloch_horridus
I can confirm that 144 is available for the Suby 360. I had also recorded 159 for the Spitfire (I think ANK reported that).

You may have been caught by the same thing that got me. As the power drops these cars can no longer hit the red line in top so the hp reduction process stops. Thanks to ANK for the advice on this.

My 🤬 2CVs have 25,000 and 15,000 km respectively and are still not getting more than 124 points so I have installed NA1 so they can always hit the redline.

BTW: You also missed the Midget Race in your list - 152 max?

aaaaa...that explains it then - will have to tweak the gears so they still redline. I'll finish it off overnight. what's six points between friends anyway?!

As for the Midget, yes I did forget it (it's only very small) and it should have been on the list at 153pts max.

EDIT: Just a thought but if the engine wear is due to the redlining, why does it stop? Shouldn't it be possible to carry on wearing the engine (particularly on the more powerful cars) for more points? where exactly is the end of the wear? I thought it ceased at approx. 9000 miles? I haven't seen any further improvement past that sort of distance.

Well JDW. As you and Route 66 have pointed out, I am wrong about the points per race. I usually don’t advertise my conclusions until I verify them, and this one busted me…..

Anyway, I did some point testing for the PD Cup. First, answers for a few past remarks:
jdw
NOTE: If you haven't noticed already points really start to saturate at 10p. So be sure to throw out any data derived from a <= 10p lineup. The same may be true of 190p and above.
Well, I have noticed both ends. I think the linearity is actually lost at 11 or 12 at the bottom, but I don’t worry much about that. At the top, I have noted it to be linear right to 200, however, only to 199 can be trusted since 200 can be >200.
jdw
I can see charting values for cars and race lineups, but from there,

No point. I can guarantee changing lineups is strictly a +/- affair.
I already believed this all along, I just never verified the averaging of the lineup. I never did any work there until you guys pointed out my error. I had only previously noted identical values on a lineups with the same alpha car.
jdw
a formula needs to be found for the interactions of power, weight, tires, and downforce.

Ehh.. mostly. One thing I'm 90% positive of. There are no interactions (dependencies) between variables. All changes are applied to a base value and simply added up. I consider this good news but it does need extra testing.
Well, yes and no. If you increase the power of a car, the range of the tire changes increase as well. At least the power has an effect on the tires. I’m not so worried about going there yet, my concern so far is getting a point value per car that then reflects power and weight for that car. From there, it should be a simple choice to get the higher HP car for straits and better power to weight car for corners.
jdw
Besides… I just found a kink! I listed the Ford GT at the Tsukuba Wet as having an oil change. Well, I just discovered it doesn’t. It seems the 2005 Ford GT you can buy yields 60 points against it, however, the one you win receives 71.

Well, there may be differences. First off are you comparing the '05 GT to the striped version of the '05 GT or to the '02 concept version?
I know better than mistaking the 2002 for the 2005. There seems to be a glitch with the prize 2005 Ford GT. I haven’t investigated farther. I have better things to do.

OK, I decided to apply some of my spec point work to the PD race. I first took a convienent car to use, the one that spec’s out at an even 500 to value the first 15 lineups. As I went, I noted the cars and order. I then valued the cars I didn’t already have values for and did some calculations.

I agree the 2nd lineup should be the easiest to get high points on and maybe 200. The Honda S2000 has only 57 points more than the race value. The other 14 lineups range from 85 to 259. In the first lineup, the Nismo has 123 points more than the lineup, meaning you have to have a car 263 points less than the Nismo. At least with the S2000, a car 197 points less can get the 200 for the race.

I attached an Excel file changing the extension to “txt” and once downloaded, needs to be changed back to “xls.”

Attachments

• PD Cup work.txt
    32 KB · Views: 30
Wild Cobra - how closely do your rankings correlate to PWR? Is the value for each car a rank or a derived value, i.e. if Car A is the next best car to Car B than is Car A's value Car B's value +1 or is the value also a measure of just how much better Car A is?

Just asking as I have used a similar spreadsheet for the world classic car by ranking eligible entries according to PWR and then looking for a lineup with no low or high ranking vehicles - I get the impression that your values have been derived using a more complex set of criteria.

Wow, you go away for a couple of days and everyone goes mad.
Congratulations to Route 66 Slotcarrod and jdw 👍 👍
Thought i might have caught you towards the end Route 66 but i am still struggling with 1000 miles :ouch:
You sure about 153 in the Midget race it would only offer me 152.

ANK
Wow, you go away for a couple of days and everyone goes mad.
Congratulations to Route 66 Slotcarrod and jdw 👍 👍
Thought i might have caught you towards the end Route 66 but i am still struggling with 1000 miles :ouch:
You sure about 153 in the Midget race it would only offer me 152.

All is tidy. 152 for the Midget (sorry, it was a typo before), 159 for the Triumph and 144 for the 360.

deadboy1975
is that it - no more points to be found elsewhere ?

laters

Pretty sure. Been through it all a dozen times and used jdw's spreadsheet to check it all out. 111,725 - that's it.

had anyone got 200 points on the DTM at nurburgring? best i can get is 172 with 200 ballast on racing mediums in the Merc Evolution II

edit: damn i have to have sports tyres? bugger. it was enough of a challenge with the ballast (i can, no bullshít, annialate them all in a stock AMG Evo II on nurburgring by about 20 to 30 seconds. its no fun :( )

chinko
had anyone got 200 points on the DTM at nurburgring? best i can get is 172 with 200 ballast on racing mediums in the Merc Evolution II

edit: damn i have to have sports tyres? bugger. it was enough of a challenge with the ballast (i can, no bullshít, annialate them all in a stock AMG Evo II on nurburgring by about 20 to 30 seconds. its no fun :( )

Try using Mercedes 190E 2.5 16 evolution touring car with R2 tyres + 135 ballast should be quite an easy race for 200 points.

chinko

If you can "annialate" them, where's the problem in using sports tyres? Use S2's and no ballast and you'll get 200. It isn't that hard. Or do what ANK said, us R2's + ballast and annihilate them again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back