200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking about the Roadster Enduro, not the K-Car, wich is of course possible, because it's just 2-3 laps. But the Enduro is nearly impossible, except with some below-the-belt moves like ANK says ie ramming, blocking, wallriding, all techniques I refuse to go with.

BTW, I'm now at 80 863 but I've stopped my chase to get money to buy all the cars(this means loads), I may resume my hunt for 100k later. Sorry if I've hurt you, Route.

Lambo88
I'm talking about the Roadster Enduro, not the K-Car, wich is of course possible, because it's just 2-3 laps. But the Enduro is nearly impossible, except with some below-the-belt moves like ANK says ie ramming, blocking, wallriding, all techniques I refuse to go with.

BTW, I'm now at 80 863 but I've stopped my chase to get money to buy all the cars(this means loads), I may resume my hunt for 100k later. Sorry if I've hurt you, Route.

No hard feelings, you just caught me on a bad day! :) And yes, the Roadster enduro requires a few cheap tactics (only blocking though.....not ramming and wallriding, I don't stoop that low, well not often!) - Also, blocking's not really too cheap, because real life racers try and make it difficult for someone to pass, by taking a slightly wider line or whatever, it's not our fault the AI is dumb enough to hit us up the backside everytime. You've got to be ruthless if you want those points.....

Well Route 66 its time to change that sig and hand over the crown theres a new a spec king in town.
New points total

ANK
Well Route 66 its time to change that sig and hand over the crown theres a new a spec king in town.
New points total

Livid. Where did they come from then? Come on....

EDIT: You get 153 for Midget racing? Assuming you didn't you have 5 points I didn't get, that means you got either 180 for MG, 160 for the Triumph, 170 for the Megane, 177 for the Hyundai or 135 for the 2CV, so which is it? Or are you just wiinding me up?

EDIT II: Ahaaaaaa - MG's, MGF/N1/Ballast/NOS vs 4 TF's = 180.
That makes 5 more for me, you did well, my son. But I am not ousted yet.

Try harder.

Or am I winding you up? :D

Please explain how come a stock Minolta raced in the GT world championship with another Minolta as a competition with me in 6th garnered just about 78 A-spec points..

meister_dan
Please explain how come a stock Minolta raced in the GT world championship with another Minolta as a competition with me in 6th garnered just about 78 A-spec points..

The points are based on the whole field. If the field had been entirely identical Minolta's then the points=60, what was the rest of the line-up? Did you use lower grip tyres (If you use R1's the field uses R2's, this will make the difference)?

route_66
Livid. Where did they come from then? Come on....

EDIT: You get 153 for Midget racing? Assuming you didn't you have 5 points I didn't get, that means you got either 180 for MG, 160 for the Triumph, 170 for the Megane, 177 for the Hyundai or 135 for the 2CV, so which is it? Or are you just wiinding me up?

EDIT II: Ahaaaaaa - MG's, MGF/N1/Ballast/NOS vs 4 TF's = 180.
That makes 5 more for me, you did well, my son. But I am not ousted yet.

Try harder.

Or am I winding you up? :D

Wow that did not take long is your digital camera fixed yet?
How do you get 153 for the midget race what mileage you got on the car and does the line up make any difference?
By the way the missing points are in the MG race.

ANK
Wow that did not take long is your digital camera fixed yet?
How do you get 153 for the midget race what mileage you got on the car and does the line up make any difference?
By the way the missing points are in the MG race.

I knew it was the MG.......logical deduction. You had 5 extra points, therefore you did a five race series - and there's only one 5 race series with more than one model in the line-up that doesn't get 200 pts. :crazy:

No, the camera still won't work, annoyingly, because I'd like to show you that I got 153 for the Midget - N1's/used (40000miles+)/NOS/Ballast. That was just what I got offered - 153. It definately is because i've checked lots of times to make sure that's what I got. I don't know why, It's a one model series and that's what I got offered on my first try.......hope you can figure it out and get that last one! Well done though, you are the first person to beat my score in three months, even if it was only for a few hours..... :D

route_66
I knew it was the MG.......logical deduction. You had 5 extra points, therefore you did a five race series - and there's only one 5 race series with more than one model in the line-up that doesn't get 200 pts. :crazy:

No, the camera still won't work, annoyingly, because I'd like to show you that I got 153 for the Midget - N1's/used (40000miles+)/NOS/Ballast. That was just what I got offered - 153. It definately is because i've checked lots of times to make sure that's what I got. I don't know why, It's a one model series and that's what I got offered on my first try.......hope you can figure it out and get that last one! Well done though, you are the first person to beat my score in three months, even if it was only for a few hours..... :D

Oh well it was good while it lasted :)

slotcarrod
I wonder if there are any other cars I can wear out on enduros?
I haven't checked yet on other cars to wear out on the endurance and have been wondering too. I've changed my focus to getting all the prize cars for my spec point ratings and have about 98% game now... blowing through them in B-Spec and valuing the first ten lineups while I'm at it too! Mission 34 has still eluded me, but the rest are just a matter of doing them. I will look for a 600+ HP car with or without upgrades that is needed wear on for 200pts if you don't find one first, and just use my Camaro LM Race car if another isn't found. It the car I used for my first win for the 1,200,000 and F1 car, and a breeze to set up.
slotcarrod
I like to get prize $ and cars for Jaques time spent on the track. ( He is an expensive driver! ) No, Im greedy! I want all the F1 cars as well!

I'm greedy too.... I like the 1,200,000 per race and the new coloed cars! I have more than enough money to do anything at this point..... Once I get all the colors, I will wear cars down on the Test Track.

Now.... I am almost certain that the 90.25% of starting power is the maximum you can wear a car down. I suggest wearing the best cars down for non-200 point races to that level and see what is obtainable. I think and running past that point will just be a waste of time.

Forgot to post results of roadster 4 hour endurance here goes.

Used Mazda MX5 J limited (NA,J) 91 N1/N3 tyres 167 ballast gear ratio 1 final gear set to 5.
Pit after the first lap change to N3/N3 tyres use NOS to catch leaders then it should just be you against the Mazda 1800RS. Just keep blocking him and no matter how bad your tyres get do not pit until he does.

Well i think thats about it for A spec points not happy finishing 1 lousy point behind Route 66. I will get a picture of my final score tonight.
B spec Bob is tired of just driving round the test course on his own so its time to put him up against some competition and see how many B spec points he can get.

ANK
Well i think thats about it for A spec points not happy finishing 1 lousy point behind Route 66. I will get a picture of my final score tonight.
B spec Bob is tired of just driving round the test course on his own so its time to put him up against some competition and see how many B spec points he can get.

I think it's fair to call it a tie mate, I mean it's not like you couldn't get 153 if you were offered it, you just aren't getting offered it - And I can't for the life of me work out why! Anyway. Well done for finishing, and technically being first to the maximum, I did have to do the MG after you, after all.

What's 1 point between friends anyway :sly:

EDIT: Changed my sig!!

route_66
I think it's fair to call it a tie mate, I mean it's not like you couldn't get 153 if you were offered it, you just aren't getting offered it - And I can't for the life of me work out why! Anyway. Well done for finishing, and technically being first to the maximum, I did have to do the MG after you, after all.

What's 1 point between friends anyway :sly:

EDIT: Changed my sig!!

I was wondering if the amount of miles on a used car when puchased makes a difference to points. As i am doing the B spec races i am going to buy every Daihatsu Midget available i will find that extra point so leave your sig as it is until we are tied.

I'm looking for the 50.000-mile midget too. I must see that 153!! And if huge mileage gives at least one extra point in non-200 races, my driver will reach 500.000 miles, sure. :P

JUMUNGUS
I'm looking for the 50.000-mile midget too. I must see that 153!! And if huge mileage gives at least one extra point in non-200 races, my driver will reach 500.000 miles, sure. :P

So i assume you can only get 152 points as well?

ANK
So i assume you can only get 152 points as well?

So far I think consensus is I'm wrong and it's 152. Except.....it's 153 :D Glitch? Fluke? What the hell is it?

EDIT: I'll keep the sig. Like it or not, you deserve the credit.

Yes, I'm always given 152 points in that race. I've entered with three different midget's and it's always the same. The one with the biggest mileage had about 30,000 miles on its wheels, so I'm looking for 50-thousand-Susan desperately.
By the way, I've won my first 200-enduro today, in El Capitán, with the M3. Thanks to your help of course. More than 78,000 by now... This is hard. :P

JUMUNGUS
Yes, I'm always given 152 points in that race. I've entered with three different midget's and it's always the same. The one with the biggest mileage had about 30,000 miles on its wheels, so I'm looking for 50-thousand-Susan desperately.
By the way, I've won my first 200-enduro today, in El Capitán, with the M3. Thanks to your help of course. More than 78,000 by now... This is hard. :P

Well done on El capitan 👍 👍
Most of the enduros are not that hard to get 200 points just very time consuming.

Got an easy one for 200 a-spec points on autumn ring mini running the Family cup on setting 10 yes ten :crazy: :

Fiat panda super i.e 90' with oil and :

Stage 2 turbo
racing exhaust
Racing R5 front and back
NOS: equip
racing brakes and brake controller
racing suspension at stock or modded
Full customize tranny:
1st 2.465
2nd 1.681
3rd 1.236
4th 0.953
5th 0.770
6th 0.651
Final 3.500

Auto 16

triple-plate clutch
racing flywheel
tcs and asm on stock
downforce at 15/30 front/rear
front/rear balance 35
The get stage 3 weight reduction port/polish engine balancing and stiffness/ rollcage and the wing all the way to the right in GT auto

Set the NOS to 100 and only use it in the straights and going into/coming out of corners

In this configuration it can hold off cars that are in the 500hp range on most curvy tracks and 8-900 hp range on autumn ring mini and only took 1:26.917 here
:sly:

it ends up 152hp to 1460lbs

As far as i can tell this is my final amount of A spec points.

Attachments

• jay1.jpg
    jay1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 167
Really beautiful status. Congratulations! :)
Now, you only need 10,000/100/100/100 in b-spec to make it perfect (well, and 153 in midget's party, hehe)
My b-spec is 9178/100/91/91. But, how did I get there... I don't have a clue :crazy:
Well, I ran most of the races in the game in b-spec mode at the beginning to get lots of cars very quickly before falling in love with a-spec's, and realising that videogames are made to be played by oneself 💡 . So I suppose that most of my points are due to that time I spent running those different cars in all those races. But it seems almost impossible to deal with b-spec in a systematic way.

JUMUNGUS
As far as I have seen, all the cars in the used car lots except the 6.2 mile/10km cars are at maximum wear/minimum power and you cannot run them down any more. This applies to any new car run down to that 90.25% of new power as well.

Am I wrong?

Extra point for the Midget II?

Maybe, just maybe, there is a factor we did not consider. What if... just if... you never wash the car and get it really dirty? are you offered more points?

Wild Cobra Z28
Extra point for the Midget II?

Maybe, just maybe, there is a factor we did not consider. What if... just if... you never wash the car and get it really dirty? are you offered more points?

Just like in real life i never wash my cars it wont be that long till it rains again :)

It seems to me that in single make races (and all races, its jsut more visible in the single makes) the quality of the AI driving varies for each opponent. I think that perhaps each AI opponent is allocated a skill level when the event is loading (helps explain the long load time). However, I don't think this effects a-spec points as something would have been observed by now.

There must be some other factor that is coming into play. Perhaps there is a shightly lighter or more powerful Midget that will appear at random. I would suggest entering the first 20-30 lineups (don't look at me because I have much more to worry about beore that point). If they are all 152 then who knows - Route_66 must have got the lucky copy.

Moloch_horridus
It seems to me that in single make races (and all races, its jsut more visible in the single makes) the quality of the AI driving varies for each opponent. I think that perhaps each AI opponent is allocated a skill level when the event is loading (helps explain the long load time). However, I don't think this effects a-spec points as something would have been observed by now.

There must be some other factor that is coming into play. Perhaps there is a shightly lighter or more powerful Midget that will appear at random. I would suggest entering the first 20-30 lineups (don't look at me because I have much more to worry about beore that point). If they are all 152 then who knows - Route_66 must have got the lucky copy.

I have tried about the first 50 line ups everyone 152 points.

I wonder if one of you point-chasing supremoes can explain this for me please. When running the Mitsubishi Evo manufacturer’s race at Tokyo (rev) I found that each time I retried the A-spec points available would go up by one, say from 90 to 91 then 92 (at work now, can't remember exact figures). As I used retry the line-up was identical each time, and I didn’t change anything power- or weight-wise on my car.

Is it because there was a slight power drop as my oil gradually went bad? I had done an oil change on the car beforehand. If so, it surprises me that one lap of Tokyo is enough to make this much difference.

At this point can I also say that one lap of Tokyo starting from the back without being able to qualify (as it was a single race) and get a moderate amount of points was one of most painful GT4 racing experiences I’ve had yet.

Spottedlaurel
I wonder if one of you point-chasing supremoes can explain this for me please. When running the Mitsubishi Evo manufacturer’s race at Tokyo (rev) I found that each time I retried the A-spec points available would go up by one, say from 90 to 91 then 92 (at work now, can't remember exact figures). As I used retry the line-up was identical each time, and I didn’t change anything power- or weight-wise on my car.

Is it because there was a slight power drop as my oil gradually went bad? I had done an oil change on the car beforehand. If so, it surprises me that one lap of Tokyo is enough to make this much difference.

At this point can I also say that one lap of Tokyo starting from the back without being able to qualify (as it was a single race) and get a moderate amount of points was one of most painful GT4 racing experiences I’ve had yet.

I can not explain that one at all.
I can tell you i used the Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution rally raid car on S3 tyres with 90 ballast for 200 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back