200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
ANK
Good choice of car that's what i used for 1000 miles and world classics. Sadly however you have to use the VW karmann ghia for the European classics.
Thanks for the 1000 miles and Euro tip. I've tried a few at 1000 miles, but didn't stick with anything and complete the series for good points. It's still on my to do list. What car lineup in the 1000 miles did you use the S600 with?

JParker

World Classics; I used the Skyline Sport Coupe '62? and used lineup #26 (documented in this thread). You may need the same lineup for the S600.

Steven

Started Nissan Red Emblem last night. Decided to try with the Skyline Sport Coupe, added a Turbo2 to the chip, exhaust & NOS. No ballast, S3s and 200pts. Trial Mountain was a breeze, thought this would be easy... then onto Suzuka, fantastic race, won by under a second, AI pounded me on the straights usually I blocked and got a push (getting skilled at this now) but I creamed him in any of the bends, esp and surprisingly at 130R? at the end of the back straight.

Then onto Motegi, I was nowhere...and I still have New York to do as well. So I slipped on some R2s - still got 200pts !. Made a stupid mistake then had to 'handover' the TV but I'll get that one tonight. May also try to see if wt reduction and R3s still leave me with 200pts.

Really pleased with Sport Coupe, I thought it was a fantastic fun car to drive (make sure all the aids are off) at World Classics, a real find, and now happy to be able to use it competively again for 200pts.

Steven

JParker
Thanks for the 1000 miles and Euro tip. I've tried a few at 1000 miles, but didn't stick with anything and complete the series for good points. It's still on my to do list. What car lineup in the 1000 miles did you use the S600 with?

JParker
This is what i used for 1000 miles.

Race 1 Nurburgring
Used Honda S600 stage 3 tune race exhaust race chip N1/N2 tyres 173 ballast
against this line up.

Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B (S54A)
Nissan Silvia (CSP311)
Isuzu Bellett 1600GT-R
Honda S800
Mazda 110S (L10A)

Used NOS to get ahead at the start then block for 6 laps at the end of lap 6 ram the Mazda past the pits he now has to do a full lap on bad tyres if he does get in the pits on lap 6 you will struggle to do your own pit stop and get out in front of him.
Pit on lap 8 do not swap for better tyres.
Lap 13 ram the Mazda past the pit again.
Pit on lap 16 do not swap for better tyres then run for home.
Try and save as much NOS as possible only use it if a car manages to get past then just use enough to get back in front again.

Race 2 Opera Paris
Used Honda S600 Stage 2 tune race exhaust S1 tyres 154 ballast against 1st line up.
Pit stops lap 18, 36, 53, change to S2 tyres, 67, 81.

Race 3 Cote D Azur
Used Honda S600 Stage 3 tune race exhaust race chip N1/N2 tyres 173 ballast against same line up as Nurburgring.
Pit on lap 30 change to N2/N3 tyres then pit on lap 53, 76.

Race 4 Circuit De La Sarthe
Used Honda S600 Stage 3 tune race exhaust race chip N1/N2 tyres 58 ballast against 1st line up.
Just keep blocking down the long straight or slipstream if the Alfa gets past pit on lap 19.

All races could probably be won against the 1st line up but i found it alot easier aginst the other line up on Nurburgring it was alot of resets before this line up was offered.

Finished off Red Emblem. Added weight reduction x2 and R2s still give 200 pts. NYR was easier than I thought, Fuji no problem, at Motegi I used R1s as its a long race (10 laps). All 3 races were about taking the lead on the first lap, extending lead through corners, being caught at the end of long straights (sometimes blocked, sometimes passed) and then taking the lead again in the corners...but most races were close, you can't get away due to the long straights.

Steven

Hi ANK, hopefully this week - that's what I am aiming for, depends on length of races left and time permitting. If not then as I am away the following week with work, it will be mid October.

Steven

Maybe this week after all. I breezed through the Mazda NA Roadster Cup just before last nights footie. Used 95 MX-5 S-Special + chip, racing exhaust, NOS (for the start), 65 ballast set at the front to help turn in, S1/S2 tyres, usual susp & dt ups, lowered susp and raised springs at the back. 200 easy pts.

I worked out that I need an average of 100 pts in each race left to get to 100K w/o running down oil, doing the longer events or going back old ground.

Steven

I attached the summary of this thread with list of 200pts races so you don't have to search all posts...

Hope you'll find it usefull...

I'm also trying for 100K (40K at the moment)

Attachments

• 200 POINTS RACES - SUMMARY.zip
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,011
Goal achieved :D 100K Aspec points with 139pts at a Club Z race. Thanks to everyone who has helped; ANK, JDW and others, and of course Route66 :cheers: .Not sure how you post a screenshot, maybe later.

Steven

I'm not crazy enough to read through all the posts here, has anyone tried the Grand Valley 300 with an Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7? It is possible if you are gentle enough for the tires, I wasn't.

Old Man
All five Speedster Cup races are 200 a-spec points a piece in a stock Speedster NA or Turbo. By stock I mean oil change and nothing else.

And if someone says they won one of these races, I'll need to see a video and some kind of proof their car was stock. I couldn't even catch up to the fifth place car with a stock Speedster Turbo! :ouch: IMHO, these five races, especially Infineon and Seattle, are some of the most challenging in the game.

Also, thanks for starting this thread. I like racing, not blowing by the AI cars before the first turn and winning by a mile, not, as Old Geezer so aptly puts it, bringing a gun to a knife fight. So, I'm beginning to pay attention to a-spec points as a means for keeping the race competitive, and, if folks respond and post, this thread may help me to do this more efficiently.

i won this race with a fully modded speedster turbo (eccept for tranny swap and limited slip) and got 199 points per race.

jedi09
i won this race with a fully modded speedster turbo (eccept for tranny swap and limited slip) and got 199 points per race.

Speedster (non-Turbo) - downforce 20/20, R3 or R4 tyres, all removable power upgrades (no NOS!!), all DT/sus upgrades, etc. - 200pts with relative ease. Just took a while to get a clean race. The AI cannot cope with the last corner at Autumn Ring after two laps (R5 tyres??) so easier than it looks.

Nothing new to add, but want to say I have completed all easy and normal special conditions for 200 points.
Dodge Ram was the weapon of choice for the Dirt and snow rallies. This thing drives quite well on the dirt, better than most rally cars.
For the Tarmac races I used a mix of cars, the Lotus 72 being the best.
Had problems with the Lotus at Umbria Normal until I realised that it's dodgy handling was caused because it was time for a Chasis refresh.
After spending 50 big ones all was forgiven and I then easilly beat a Lancer Evo VI TM edition for 200 points.
Some interesting points come out when testing the Ram at Umbria.
1. Could not win here with this truck.
2. The good dirt handling changed to reaaly tail happy oversteer that would swap ends in its own length.
3. Fitting race medium rubber did not fix the snap oversteer but stopped the truck from going over 150 kmh. Gearing was good for 220 kmh. In 4th gear with the race rubber at about 4000 rpm it would go no faster. Strange chirping noises kept coming from the wheels which would indicate the TCS was cutting in due to the massive torque on hand. Whats weird is that it did not have the same problem with Sport medium tires.
I have done a few hard road rallies for 200 points using the Suzuki concept with ease.
Final comment is that the Lotus and Suzuki are far easier to use for 200 point wins on the hard pavement races than the Dodge Ram.

I spent forever trying to find the right car for the Nurb 4hrs the other day. should have looked for this thread...

If you're wondering, I wound up using the lotus 72. such a sweet little machine. aginst the first lineup (2 NSX's are the only challengers). Sports hard tyres, 38 units of weight, 1st stage of tune, all drivetrain mods, racing suspension, brakes.

I was losing about 6 seconds from bridge to bridge down the straight, and a bit over 2.5 seconds on the first straight before the carousel. more once my car lost 7hp and about 10kmh top speed. but I pushed like a maniac and held on for a very rewarding finish and 200 points. the NSX R pushing me all the way.

Uncle Harry
Strange chirping noises kept coming from the wheels which would indicate the TCS was cutting in due to the massive torque on hand. Whats weird is that it did not have the same problem with Sport medium tires.

Ive had that - its very odd indeed. And means the Ram becomes a bit of a challenge to drive. Nothing Ive tried cures it.

jedi09

I had a hard time on this race, untill i added ballast weight to the front of the car ( 200/-50) and with R3 front and R4 rears tires @ 293 hp, got 200 points each race!:nervous:

It would've been much better, if the points to be awarded, were to be shown before entering the race, so that modifications could be made prior to entering, rather than try 9999999999999999999 different combinations/cars/upgrades etc...:grumpy: 👎

phonypoly
It would've been much better, if the points to be awarded, were to be shown before entering the race, so that modifications could be made prior to entering, rather than try 9999999999999999999 different combinations/cars/upgrades etc...:grumpy: 👎

I totaly agree with you on that one.

phonypoly
I had a hard time on this race, untill i added ballast weight to the front of the car ( 200/-50) and with R3 front and R4 rears tires @ 293 hp, got 200 points each race!:nervous:

I calculated the number of permutations of the standard parts alone (ignoring set-ups) - it came to a lot bigger number than 9999999999999999999 I assure you....

I know the "Like the Wind" race is a fairly easy 200 A-spec points, but I finally found a use for the Peugeot 905: Change the tires to R1, set the downforce to about only 33%, put the auto-slider on 22-23, and 905 shall claim an easy 200 points.

Your car will get left in the dust at the start thanks to those very slow gear changes, and you'll be behind the leaders by 4.9-4.8 seconds after the first lap. You won't be quite at the redline, because you'll need the extra revs to draft the other 4-5 cars, so you'll be at about ~230 mph.

Second lap, you'll be down to 4.1-3.5; 3rd lap, behind by 2.7-1.7, and on the 4th lap you'll catch the leaders on the back straight. The Peugeot 905 will suddenly climb up past 265mph when drafting all the leaders, putting you well ahead of them as you start the last lap. Even though your revs and speed will drop, they won't catch you.

This makes me want to try the Dodge Ram at the Test Course!

Uncle Harry
2. The good dirt handling changed to reaaly tail happy oversteer that would swap ends in its own length.
Hmmm , I cured that by throwing some cement bags in the back, up to 200 units worth, and the Ram behaved much better! :)

AMG

Uncle Harry
Nothing new to add, but want to say I have completed all easy and normal special conditions for 200 points.
Dodge Ram was the weapon of choice for the Dirt and snow rallies. This thing drives quite well on the dirt, better than most rally cars.
For the Tarmac races I used a mix of cars, the Lotus 72 being the best.
Had problems with the Lotus at Umbria Normal until I realised that it's dodgy handling was caused because it was time for a Chasis refresh.
After spending 50 big ones all was forgiven and I then easilly beat a Lancer Evo VI TM edition for 200 points.
3. Fitting race medium rubber did not fix the snap oversteer but stopped the truck from going over 150 kmh. Gearing was good for 220 kmh. In 4th gear with the race rubber at about 4000 rpm it would go no faster. Strange chirping noises kept coming from the wheels which would indicate the TCS was cutting in due to the massive torque on hand. Whats weird is that it did not have the same problem with Sport medium tires.
I have done a few hard road rallies for 200 points using the Suzuki concept with ease.
Final comment is that the Lotus and Suzuki are far easier to use for 200 point wins on the hard pavement races than the Dodge Ram.

Kill the asm and drop the tcs down to about 3 (default setting on the dodge is something ridiculously high). This'll let you handle it through the umbria downhill sections.

Jaguar XKR coupe (racing flywheel, triple clutch, carbon driveshaft, fully customisable tranny) will give 200 A-spec points in the british GT series. Nice easy win too (from memory, that was with s3 tyres, but may have been s2).

Dodge Ram
Some good LSD settings will help a great deal. If you'll set up the rear with a high initial torque to engage the rear end sooner and give it a higher setting in the stability problem area (acceleration/deceleration) it can help a lot. I also jacked mine to the roof and went really soft all around and as mentioned before I shifted some weight to the rear. It was a blast slinging that tank with 600+hp around the road rallies.

JParker

A nice easy 200 this was

BMW 320i Touring Car - R1 tyres - Special Conditions Tsukuba Wet Race[Normal] - 200 against a Saleen S7 with real easye - 8secs up at the end of 3laps. Have not used it at George V yet, but my Amuse R1 with S3/200 ballast was getting a mere 95, so will see.

Classic car races = A-spec headache...

I thought Umbria was hard(normal) What's the deal with the 🤬 hitting me and getting me penalties @ Grand Canyon (normal)?? The reverse course is even worse. I can only imagine what "hard" will be like :nervous: I hope the guy who programmed the hard parts of this game, will get ..cronic hemorroids! :cheers:

On the other end, Ice Arena (normal)was a :lol:, won it on my 2nd attempt (after removing power) and reverse on my 1st :indiff: and Chamonix is just as..funny..
but i'm sure my laughing will be short cut once i get to .."hard" :guilty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back