GTP Member's cars directory. What do you drive?

• Thread starter Avenger803
  • 4,035 comments

Do you like your car?

• My car is the best, much better than anyone else's!

Votes: 476 34.8%
  • Yep, it always starts, doesn't cost much, and I like it.

Votes: 564 41.3%
  • Well, it's kinda rusting, driving is kinda scary at times,doesn't look too good.

Votes: 68 5.0%
  • It's in the junkyard, or will be soon.

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • Car? what car?

Votes: 245 17.9%

• Total voters
th_audicollection.jpg
Audi's all the way - 1.9TDi saloon, 1.8 A4 saloon, and 2.6 V6 Coupe
audi wheels.jpgaudi wheels 2.jpg

Glad to see some dsmers on here...a recent pic of my daily driven 1998 talon tsi awd...the black one. Turbonetics t3/t4, 6 bolt swap, FD3S RX-7 rims, Carbon fiber hood, Speaco front mount, hks 272 intake and exhaust cams, 99 eclipse front end, dsmlink, etc making 332 awhp at 21 psi on 93 octane pump gas.

splitter.jpeg

I've been a bit bored over the holidays, so I did a little attempt at fun with Photoshop. It's my car, so I can stay on topic :) 2001 Ford Mondeo Trend, 1.8 Litre engine, 125hp.

Here's the original pic:

and after some playing around:

Hey, now that I've got my digital camera, may as well post the photos of Jenna...

n78001441_30203931_1596.jpg

n78001441_30203932_1869.jpg

n78001441_30203934_2469.jpg

n78001441_30203929_1028.jpg

n78001441_30203930_1328.jpg

n78001441_30203936_3035.jpg

n78001441_30203937_3313.jpg

(that has kept me out of trouble a time or two)
n78001441_30203927_454.jpg

So there she is, in all of her overwhelmingly wet Michigan glory...

My baby is a 1976 KE30 Corolla. My stereo system is the most expensive thing in it :lol:

[img=http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/8617/1000164qe2.th.jpg]

The diff ratio is not suited for highway driving. And, as luck would have it, I live near the highway in a rural town, so a majority of roads are 80 - 100 kph. My car screams for mercy at 90 kays in top gear.

Dude 👍. I love old rollas. Yours looks in pretty good nick, I take it you've fixed some rust spots?

Oh, and u shud put a rota in it ow.

Dude 👍. I love old rollas. Yours looks in pretty good nick, I take it you've fixed some rust spots?

Oh, and u shud put a rota in it ow.

Yeah, she goes okay, my dad and I bogged up, sanded back and painted over those rusted bits. It looks okay now. I'd love to get extractors and a bit of an exhaust system on it. A Celica 5 speed would go good on it too.

Maybe he simply likes NA power, smoother power figure, more response and often a tad more driveability, despite more expensive and rarer parts and less maximum BHP. Besides, the R32 GTS-25 is rear wheel driven as I can recall, maybe he likes the feeling of RWD.
My current Skyline is turbocharged (and believe it or not i'm actually a fan of turbo lag - except when trying to avoid something/avoid getting hit my something) and i love it.

I just wanted an NA Skyline or three because of the sound (way different than a turbo model, even the sound between the 2.0l GTS and 2.5l GTS-25 is different), cheaper to run, may not suck as much petrol and won't take as long to properly warm up. My car takes about nine minutes to warm up properly on first starting, otherwise it doesn't sound too nice.

I'm still undecided on whether i should save for a GT-R now or get an NA Skyline first.

Okay I give, I'll post...

I drive a 1985 Subaru Trashwagon... Well it used to be a GL-10. But... Well have a look.

DSCN1868.JPG

Yeah, it's been throughly modified, infact it has an EA82 under the hood. No real power gain, but it is funny that it has a motor that came out 2 years after that specific generation was retired. The motor sits so far foward that the car has no real radiator fan. I had to put a small electric fan on the front that I engage by sliding the power wire under the pos side of my battery, it sparks pretty bad when I miss... We have a few more cars like this, but this is the only one I hold the title to.

.... Did I mention I payed nothing for this car? That may clarify a few things.

thats gotta be the most fun looking free ride I've ever seen... you drive that thing on the road right?
i drive a 1987 Mercedes Benz 300E, even though I'm trying to sell it I still love the car dearly and I'm definitely replacing it with another Mercedes from the same era, possibly even the same car.
EDIT: oh yeah, I would love to see any mercedes from this era in the game, right now the only thing thats close is the 201 based 190 evo, which is more race car than anything.

I personally own a 2000 Honda Civic Ex 2dr coupe. I would love to see it in the GT series mainly because I think the coupes are alot better looking than the hatchbacks. The car itself is plain performance wise. I really love the mpg. The outside while some may think I "riced" it, I think I hit the perfect balance of a little sportiness while not going overboard. I have a set of 16" Motegi RT-5's on Ventus HRII 205/50 R16's.

The other car my dad an I share is a 1973 Datsun 240Z. I would love to see this bad boy in GT5. I know they have the 240ZG, but I think that thing is ugly as hell compared to what I guess is the American version. The 240 also has a front air dam, Enkei wheels, rear louvers, and a new paint job. I'll see if I can get some pics of both cars up in the next week or so. It's snowing here in Oklahoma, and I don't want to get the 240 out until it's sunny and dry. Not to mention the civic is a mess with the recent snow and ice.

Damn this thread is long! Might as well add my bit. I'm a big Toyota nut, so here goes...
1985 AE86 Toyota Corolla SR5 Trueno 5sp hatchback for a daily driver (Bone stock) 70ish BHP
1995 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo Targa 6sp for my toy. 500ish BHP

Damn this thread is long! Might as well add my bit. I'm a big Toyota nut, so here goes...
1985 AE86 Toyota Corolla SR5 Trueno 5sp hatchback for a daily driver (Bone stock) 70ish BHP
1995 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo Targa 6sp for my toy. 500ish BHP

No offence man, but you're supposed to furnish pics of those cars, and in settings that make it believable.

It's not everyone that owns a 500hp Supra, especially not 21 year olds.

As with everyone, the required evidence please. Paper with 'GTP - Troux' written on it (inside the car, or in this case, in every picture) ,with adequate pictures of the modifications AND a dyno sheet PLUS other documentation (reciepts if possible). I presume a car running this WILL have been dyno'ed on more than just one occasion.

Jamie.

Redrum, check Supraforums, the majority of Supra owners seem to be in the 20-24 range. I got my Soup when I was 20. I got some low-quality shots of it around, all with crappy backgrounds, is that believable? I don't have any pictures of the Corolla. As I said it's my daily, and a symbol of my faith to Toyota (193K miles) that just gets me around. You can easily count three colors on the car, and there isn't a body panel on it that doesn't have rust noticeable from 15 feet. Trust me, it ain't much to look at. Just a Corolla. :P

Actually I've only dyno'd once, about a year ago, made 380WHP. It was on a Mustang Dyno on low boost (15PSI, which I try to stay at), and with a couple minor boost leaks which I've since fixed, which explains the low numbers for the mods on this (more mods than most BPU Supras). As you may know, Mustang dynos read about 15% lower than a Dynojet, the basis for most numbers and since then I've been boosting a tad higher (19-20 PSI is about all you can get to on 93 octane), and I've opened up the exhaust a bit more. Most pictures I have are from almost a year ago, and no, I'm not gonna take any more for you guys, sorry.;)
Here's my favorite picture of my car, as it's the only quality one (because I didn't take it!). This was taken at the Orlando Supra meet in July last year. Mine's the bright red jellybean up front. I am proud to say I had the shiniest Soup there, although it was one of the slowest...everyone is single nowadays. :(
7_22_06_003.jpg

Forgot to mention. I plan on overhauling the interior this spring. Plans are to remove the back seats, replace the front seats with 'sport' seats, and go from tan to black carpet. Black looks so much nicer. Once I'm done with that, I may take some pictures of all that jazz. Working on cleaning up a couple loose ends in the engine bay, also.

I got nothin' to prove, I suppose. That and my camera has dead batteries and works about 10% of the time...and my Supra is in rare form. It's been sitting for a while while I take care of a minor cooling issue, and it'll do more sitting as I take care of the interior. I think I posted some pictures a few months ago on this forum, if you wanna search for my posts.

Oh, and most people who lie about this sort of thing don't do it for stock-bodied, BPU Supras. ;)

Give me proof and i'll believe you. I could pull up a picture of a 400bhp Seat Ibiza or a 500bhp RX-7 from a meet I went to and say it was nothing special, but claim it was mine. So there...

Calm down, people. Does it affect your life in anyway if he provides pics? No. If he doesn't want to provide pictures, leave him alone. If he's lying then hes lying; if he's not, the he's not. Simple as that. You can go on living your life not knowing (or caring, even better) whether Troux has an AE86 and a Supra, no need to make a big discussion about it.

Well, you have a nice car there Troux. Way better than my Mercury Tracer Trio with the effed up CV Joints. I miss when I could speed in my car :indiff: it was such fun. I'm hoping to get either a Scion XB or a Mitsubishi Lancer this summer. 2006 probably. Gonna get me something that will last this time.

Back