GTP Member's cars directory. What do you drive?

• Thread starter Avenger803
  • 4,035 comments

Do you like your car?

• My car is the best, much better than anyone else's!

Votes: 476 34.8%
  • Yep, it always starts, doesn't cost much, and I like it.

Votes: 564 41.3%
  • Well, it's kinda rusting, driving is kinda scary at times,doesn't look too good.

Votes: 68 5.0%
  • It's in the junkyard, or will be soon.

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • Car? what car?

Votes: 245 17.9%

• Total voters
We have three Skylines.

There's my R32 GTS-4 and my younger brothers two R32 GTS-25's. He has two because he crashed the first one into a bank on a gravel road, and is putting most of the parts from that car onto his new one.

I'm still saving for my second Skyline, another R32 GTS-25 (because it is the most powerful NA R32). :)

We have three Skylines.

There's my R32 GTS-4 and my younger brothers two R32 GTS-25's. He has two because he crashed the first one into a bank on a gravel road, and is putting most of the parts from that car onto his new one.

I'm still saving for my second Skyline, another R32 GTS-25 (because it is the most powerful NA R32). :)

Why not just get a R32 GTR?
Sure, NA cars are good and all but you can't go wrong with the GTR's engine.

I will be getting a GT-R one day, but it is the most expensive so may as well get the other ones i want first. Next Skyline should cost between $4,000 and $6,000, the GT-R should cost from $18,000-$35,000 or so.

Dubbed's blue chariot of goodness:
sonicblue03-vi.jpg

The most inportant part 👍
airbox.jpg

Awesome. 👍

Why not just get a R32 GTR?
Sure, NA cars are good and all but you can't go wrong with the GTR's engine.

Maybe he simply likes NA power, smoother power figure, more response and often a tad more driveability, despite more expensive and rarer parts and less maximum BHP. Besides, the R32 GTS-25 is rear wheel driven as I can recall, maybe he likes the feeling of RWD. Oh, and another thing, why do you need over 350 bhp anyways? It's not like the RB26DETT Twin Cam/DOCH Turbocharged 2.0 litre will get 500 bhp with an aftermarket ECU, the parts do cost money here too. So why not sacrifice a bit money, and make it more special. I would take a NA 4-door car over a turbocharged 2-door car almost any day, because it's special.
Oh, and why not take it full out with RB30DE? When they fit the R31 GTS-R, it should fit the R32's engine bay nicely.

Topic wise, I've got a 1991 Daihatsu Charade. It's powered by a 1.3 litre engine developing a healthy 94 bhp, and is commonly known as HC-E for the Daiharders.
The color is "Red", I don't think there is a name for it, and the red color seems to fade on the exact same spots on all the cars. Fenders are always more red, while doors suddenly are very faded. Not cool.
My car is a 5-door, perfect for the tiny, Japanese family (not that I have the need for transporting a Japanese family, I'm not Japanese, and I'm certainly not a family) with more need for parking space than the one starting with luggage. However, it's fairly good space for a car that small, especially when you realise it weighs in at 850 kgs, the same as a Mk 1 Volkswagen Golf. The 5-door is called G102.
Future plans? As the chassis itself is in pretty bad condition, I've been thinking about sourcing another car with a far better body, and I'm open for all cars, as long as it's a 5-door and not automatic. Diesels or petrols, 1.0 or 1.3, I don't care. The optimum would be to get another car of the same grade I've got now, the CX-grade (CX can only be had in combination with HC-E 1.3, CXF is AWD), swap out the interior (grey-blueish, boring) with an interior I've got in the basement (black painted plastic panels and seats from the G101 Turbo/GTti), keep the stock engine and modify and tune that to 100 bhp, or replace the whole heart with a 1.6 HD-EG from the Charade G201 DeTomaso, which will give me 130 bhp, maybe 140 with modification and tune. In addition, I'm going for the low and clean stuck, with shaved repeators, mirrors, rub strips, and holes, and 40/40 mm lowering all around, riding on Bilstein shock absorbers/dampers and Work Equip 01/03, if possible.

rimg015322mu.jpg

Eirik

the RB26DETT Twin Cam/DOCH Turbocharged 2.0 litre

The RB26 is 2.6Litre

Oh, and why not take it full out with RB30DE? When they fit the R31 GTS-R, it should fit the R32's engine bay nicely.

The RB30 is 38mm's taller, they have bonnet (hood) clearence issues in R32-34 Skylines, plus I would never replace the faster RB25DE with a slower RB30E (single cam).

RB30DET hybrid is a different story though.

The RB26 is 2.6Litre

See what late night posts can do to you. Of course is the RB26 2.6 litres. It's like calling the 4G64 a 2 litre..
The RB30 is 38mm's taller, they have bonnet (hood) clearence issues in R32-34 Skylines, plus I would never replace the faster RB25DE with a slower RB30E (single cam).

RB30DET hybrid is a different story though.

I said RB30DE, not RB30. The RB30 is a SOCH, while the RB30DE used in the TommyKaira M25, which is based upon the R31 GTS-R (thus it should at least fit in the GTS-R), is actually a RB30 bottom end built with a RB20DE head. How cool isn't that? Very rare engines.
Why would he use a RB30DET hybrid, which appearently is turbocharged, if he wanted all NA power?

Eirik

I said RB30DE, not RB30. The RB30 is a SOCH, while the RB30DE used in the TommyKaira M25, which is based upon the R31 GTS-R (thus it should at least fit in the GTS-R), is actually a RB30 bottom end built with a RB20DE head. How cool isn't that? Very rare engines.
Why would he use a RB30DET hybrid, which appearently is turbocharged, if he wanted all NA power?

Eirik

TomyKaira M25 has the RB25 engine, hence the '25' (2.5L) in M25.

When I said RB30 I refer the block in general, not the configuration of the engine. RB30E (Used in R31's but mainly VL Holden Commdores) = SOHC RB30, RB30DE (never officially made) = DOHC RB30.

A RB30 (I put DET in there cause that what I would do) Hybrid can be anything you want it to be, Turbo, NA, supercharged anything, its a custom build engine.

is actually a RB30 bottom end built with a RB20DE head. How cool isn't that?

Thats what a RB30DE Hyrid is, plenty of them get built over here all the time because we have sooo many RB30's lying around, I even almost built one but reconsidered due to the modifications needed for the RB25 head (that I was going to use) and clearence issues.

Looking through this thread there are some really nice cars here! Mine is a typical English pimpmobile:

Woo yeah!

1.1 Rover Metro 'Rio' with rare 'Quicksilver' paint.

And here it is on show at 'MGM 2006':

906136747_l.jpg

.: Interior :.
Momo 'Race' Steering Wheel
Custom door pockets
Carpeted parcel shelf and rear speaker areas
Metro 1.4Si interior

.: Exterior :.
GTI splitter
GTI skirts
Colour coded boot spoiler
Clear side repeaters
Rover 100 rear light clusters
Colour coded mirrors and bonnet vents

.: Engine, Suspension & Brakes :.
Cherry Bomb backbox

.: Wheels :.
Rover 100 spi 6 spokes

.: ICE :.
Sony CDX-S2050 Head Unit
2 x Fusion 'Encounter' 5" Component speakers in front doors
2 x Ripspeed 6x9" speakers on rear shelf
Mutant NW280SP Amplifier
Mutant 12" sub

My new car.

dsc00246sm6.jpg
dsc00247et8.jpg

dsc00245fa3.jpg

1992 Nissan 180SX, Japanese import. SR20DET redtop with a few little mods, extractors, exhaust, BOV, the usual. The only problem is that between testing it and picking it it has developed a slipping clutch. It only slips when it comes on boost so it's totally driveable at the moment (off boost) but it's still a pain in the arse. But otherwise a decent condition car :)

Nice one Revheadnz, has the Type X wing, I always liked it 👍, paint looks alittle dull, could use a polish or is that just the lighting and camera?

When you say extractors, you mean custom exhaust manifold? (head to turbo) or dump pipe? I never usually hear the term extractors on a turbo equiped car.

Nice one Revheadnz, has the Type X wing, I always liked it 👍, paint looks alittle dull, could use a polish or is that just the lighting and camera?

When you say extractors, you mean custom exhaust manifold? (head to turbo) or dump pipe? I never usually hear the term extractors on a turbo equiped car.

Paint is a little rubbish but the lighting isn't helping. I have a feeling it hasn't been cut and polished in ages so maybe next weekend I'll get into it.

:dunce: I'm pretty sure it's a custom manifold to the turbo and the exhaust is turbo back. I'll get a pic of the engine bay later on today so you can have a look...

Paint is a little rubbish but the lighting isn't helping. I have a feeling it hasn't been cut and polished in ages so maybe next weekend I'll get into it.

Maybe you should just try a polish a section first and see how it turns out before you cut any paint back, a car that has had too many 'cut' and polish starts to get down to primer, so cut should be the last resort.

:dunce: I'm pretty sure it's a custom manifold to the turbo and the exhaust is turbo back. I'll get a pic of the engine bay later on today so you can have a look...

Nice, yeah pics would be great. :)

Nice low mount manifold, standard turbo attached to it?

Oil catch can, filter thats some stuff you wont need to buy, that filter should really shielded better to insulated it from the heat and hot air of the engine bay/exhaust, you would rather it sucking in fresh ambient air rather than the heated air under the bonnet.

Nice low mount manifold, standard turbo attached to it?

Oil catch can, filter thats some stuff you wont need to buy, that filter should really shielded better to insulated it from the heat and hot air of the engine bay/exhaust, you would rather it sucking in fresh ambient air rather than the heated air under the bonnet.

Yea, it's a standard turbo. It's boosting about 10psi I think.

And with the filter, I did only pick the car up this morning so I haven't done anything to it yet. I might try to mock up a air box sort-of-thing in welding class on tuesday so that it'll only be sucking up cold air.

I might try to mock up a air box sort-of-thing in welding class on tuesday so that it'll only be sucking up cold air.

Great, let us know how it goe's if you do.

BTW feel free to pop in the Nissan Performance Zone, nice to have a actual 180sx among all the 240sx owners at GTP.

Im talking about the 3 generations of the DSM's, Im kinda clueless to where the GN came in. :odd:

Oh god, tell me you didn't say that! The 3rd gen Eclipse is not a DSM.

Can't be a DSM guy and make sacreligious statements like that... :banghead:

06 xterra
Heated leather seats
Fosgate system
10" flipdown dvd w/ps2
Custom painted wheels
= big time fun
11-08-06-6.jpg

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS. I just bought it yesterday. I have to get it registered and transfer the title before I can drive it home, though. I should have it home tomorrow afternoon, if it all goes as planned.

I have been driving, since late August, a 1988 Buick Regal:

The Regal is decent... Quick, too. I just needed something more reliable and efficient. Not to mention something I could work on. Parts for that type of Regal are pretty scarce.

Back