PS3 General Discussion

I was very surprised to see PSM give LAIR a 5 and Warhawk a 6 saying it wasn't worth $60... I have already had enough enjoyment from warhawk to know I will get my moneys worth.

Well, don't believe what you read, dude. Check this out.

http://www.psmonline.com/2007/08/24/exclusive-news/

Looks like Chris Slate might be coming back. The magazine went down the crapper after he left. The new guy, Rob Smith, is a total MS fanboy, who gave those horrible reviews. Plus, he spouted off some recent 'Anti-Sony' whinny tirade in the magazine, recently. He's out. Read this for details... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=894667

Looks like Chris Slate might be coming back. The magazine went down the crapper after he left. The new guy, Rob Smith, is a total MS fanboy, who gave those horrible reviews. Plus, he spouted off some recent 'Anti-Sony' whinny tirade in the magazine, recently. He's out. Read this for details... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=894667
Good reddens of Rob Smith, because he was like a bug to the PSM readers, who needed to cleared out of the way, with some bug repellent. However, what does this mean now, well this means PSM is finally returning to a state of good karma.

To any Graw2 players out there,

Is there anyway to watch the cut scenes in between missions again without doing the whole campaign again?

Like the one where you see Warez in mexico for the first time, that vista from the helicopter was stunning but if you start that mission from the quick mission screen you start already on the ground...

Another bit was the bit right at the start where its said Ubisoft presents....

So is there anyway to watch these bits again independently?

Robin

No, you have to play the mission again. It sucks, I know. When you first arrive in Juarez in the Blackhawk is truly EPIC.

I'm not surprised by 360 fanboys stooping to that level of ignorance, even in a place of neutrality as chief editor. Too bad I ended my subscription to PSM a while ago.

No, you have to play the mission again. It sucks, I know. When you first arrive in Juarez in the Blackhawk is truly EPIC.

Thanks for the reply :)👍

Thats a bit of a bummer because when the General said "oh and welcome to Juarez..." my jaw dropped :eek:

I was thinking that second god bless you PS3 with these holy graphics :lol:... the smoke was like real!!!

Well I guess im gonna have to play through again but still have loads to go the first time round!

Robin

It sounds like you are really enjoyed GRAW 2 Robin and it is definitely great that you are enjoying your PS3. 👍

On Wednesday, I came pretty close to buying Rainbow Six Vegas since I had finally found a used copy of it for sale, in fact it is the very first used copy I have seen around where I live period. One of the workers at the store said that may have been the first copy of it that they had gotten in used. The thing is though, I could not convince myself to buy it, especially with GRAW 2 being out. I have a 10% off coupon to Best Buy for this weekend and I am considering getting GRAW 2 with it.

It sounds like you are really enjoyed GRAW 2 Robin and it is definitely great that you are enjoying your PS3. 👍

YES I AM! :lol: 👍 Having great fun with both console and game, I would highly recommend GRAW2, its the first clancy game ive ever bought and was throughly impressed.

There are some other major releases coming soon if your willing to hold out like for example stranglehold but I think Graw has way more depth and realism, was a great first buy and a great 'now' buy.

But of course its up to you :) Vegas apparently has the same great playability but I dont know if the graphics are as top notch.

Robin

Ok someone help me, what is the difference between the 60GB and the 80GB PS3 other then the hard drive space?

Ok someone help me, what is the difference between the 60GB and the 80GB PS3 other then the hard drive space?
A copy of MotorStorm I believe.

Code:
Feature 		20GB	60GB	80GB 
Upgradable hard drive	Yes	Yes	Yes
Blu-ray Disc drive	Yes	Yes	Yes 
HDMI (v1.3)		Yes	Yes	Yes 
Bluetooth 2.0		Yes	Yes	Yes 
1000BASE-T Ethernet	Yes	Yes	Yes 
Chrome trim		No	Yes	Yes 
IEEE 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi	No	Yes	Yes 
Flash card readers	No	Yes	Yes
I personally wouldn't buy it even if you want the game, which is a great game BTW.

Save the $100, buy MotorStorm used for $40 and when you run out of room on the 60GB HDD either use an external portable USB drive, or swap out the old drive and replace it with a much bigger one, like a 250GB drive. By early next year you could probably get a 250GB SATA drive for $100.

Alright thanks, I ended up losing the eBay auction so I'm thinking about a trip to Best Buy tomorrow afternoon. I think I'm just going to get one, I "worked" about 65 hours this week so my paycheck should be more then enough to cover the cost plus a game or two.

I didn't really care for Motorstorm all that much when I played it at Gamestop, I'm not into off road racing all that much. What would be a good game to get for the PS3? Something I can get used since I'm not keen on buying full priced game for any system. Plus I can get 2 used ones instead of 1 new one. That Formula 1 game looks pretty cool.

I didn't really care for Motorstorm all that much when I played it at Gamestop, I'm not into off road racing all that much. What would be a good game to get for the PS3? Something I can get used since I'm not keen on buying full priced game for any system. Plus I can get 2 used ones instead of 1 new one. That Formula 1 game looks pretty cool.
In that case at least rent it first, as the demo for MotorStorm, like the demo for F1:CE and many games is a very poor representation of what the full game has to offer.

Frankly, I've gotten to the point where I just consider the demos fun free "toys", and wont use them at all to gauge whether or not I'll like the full game, as more often then not the demos have mislead a lot of people. :indiff:

Oh and yeah, if you like F1, and like a realistic racing environment, with some tremendous optional crash damage physics and graphics, you’re going to really like F1:CE! It's been one of my favorites since the beginning! I love all the options and both single and multi-player online modes. It can be set-up for total novices or hardcore sim drivers. 👍👍

I think it was the full game while at Gamestop but then again I don't really know since I was playing it for maybe 15 minutes. I just didn't feel to keen on it, it was kind of like a better looking ExciteTruck for the Wii. I probably will rent it though since I have Blockbuster's GamePass which allows me to take out games for a set fee of like $20 a month.

F1 CE 👍 OBLIVION 👍 (possibly even if you aren't into that type of game as I wasn't) WARHAWK 👍 (if you have a good internet connection and want to play people online)

I have Oblivion for the PC, it's locked away so I can't ever play it again...I put in over 250hour on that damn game. I'll probably get the F1 game though and Warhawk looks pretty sweet as well...yes I do have a good internet connection (cable FTW!)

I have Oblivion for the PC, it's locked away so I can't ever play it again...I put in over 250hour on that damn game. I'll probably get the F1 game though and Warhawk looks pretty sweet as well...yes I do have a good internet connection (cable FTW!)

get warhawk and there will be much joy throughout GTP

Some change eh, Joey D? Just yesterday you said you probably wouldn't own a PS3... What made you change your mind?

YES I AM! :lol: 👍 Having great fun with both console and game, I would highly recommend GRAW2, its the first clancy game ive ever bought and was throughly impressed.

There are some other major releases coming soon if your willing to hold out like for example stranglehold but I think Graw has way more depth and realism, was a great first buy and a great 'now' buy.

But of course its up to you :) Vegas apparently has the same great playability but I dont know if the graphics are as top notch.

Robin

Well I decided to go ahead and buy GRAW2. I have been wanting to play a tactical shooter for a good while now and it seemed to me at the time GRAW2 would be a better choice since I have played RSV through on the 360. I decided to start playing the game while I wait for my friend to come over and play some Resistance co-op. With that said, I just started playing Resistance again, after not playing it for a good while, and almost immediately remembered why I liked the game. It is a fun game with lots of shooting going on and is that much more enjoyable in co-op.

DWA
I've had so much fun with RSV on the 360 that I'd almost entertain getting it for the PS3. I wonder if the AI decent?

I am still entertaining the notion of getting RSV for the PS3. I just wish the used price on it would come down. Right now, between either GameStop or eBay, the prices are pretty much within a couple dollars of the other. If the game were cheaper at either place, then I would most likely get it. The only real thing that is holding me back is the fact that I have already beaten it and do not really know if I need to again, even though I am sure I would enjoy it.

Some change eh, Joey D? Just yesterday you said you probably wouldn't own a PS3... What made you change your mind?
To attract hot chicks... but you have to buy a GTP Premium membership to get all the juicy details posted in the Premium forum. :)

Hmmm.. that's another way to get GTP members to support Jordan's site. 👍

Well I found this article today while at work (don't get much done on a Saturday morning), The article is in regards to Peer-To-Peer files sharing, "well what has that got to do with ps3" you might ask, and I would reply, "this little snippet my friends"

bbc.co.uk
Tribler has also been used to turn Sony's PlayStation 3 into a video-sharing device.

and I was wondering what on the PS3 actually uses PTP?

Or maybe this is a hint at what Sony is hoping to do with the PSN, I mean with the bandwidth that All these Demo's and full games are taking not and remember its all free to use, maybe they are thinking of using a PTP system for video sharing and other less important items on the PSN to free up some bandwidth and also maybe speed up actual downloads, this is all speculation on my part.

Full article

I don't know. but I was a bit miffed to find I can only send images from my PS3 to another via the internal messaging service, I was hoping for video or music too. But thinking about it it would be a bit of a Pirates dream using PS3 as a file sharing device.

my mum is planning on getting me a PS3 for my birthday/christmas and im draging her all over the game stores to find the best deal:
best deal:
PS3 consle
x2 controllers
and 3 games
for £425
but my mum wants a better deal. . . . .
there is no beter deal
so could you tell me if you have a better deal

Thanks,
GT4Drifter

my mum is planning on getting me a PS3 for my birthday/christmas and im draging her all over the game stores to find the best deal:
best deal:
PS3 consle
x2 controllers
and 3 games
for £425
but my mum wants a better deal. . . . .
there is no beter deal
so could you tell me if you have a better deal

Thanks,
GT4Drifter

From three days ago in this thread:

Thanks to SolidFro's link, I saw a lisiting in that site's PS3 Deals & Bargains page that may be perfect for you:
It's £30 more than your eBay deal, but its new, free shipping and from a reputable dealer. 👍

Even that eBayer's £399 "new bundle deal" looks even worse when compared to this bundle from Play.com:
The games are better to... well not Genji ;)

But even if you didn't want any of the three games or Blu-ray movie, you could sell them yourself on eBay, and as they are new & sealed, you could easily get over £100 for them, thus giving you a brand new 60GB PS3 for less than £300 from an actual dealer! 👍👍

At least you have some options other than relying on an honest eBayer. 👍
Hope that helps. 👍

I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying sniping Mexicans on GRAW2. The SR AS50 is a blast to use. It's ability to shoot through thin walls and light armor is great stuff, though it is probably hurting my headshot count.

I just finished cleaning up the Mexican rebel camp that launches mortar fire at you and the sniper rifle made it cake, almost unfair really. The Mexicans never had a chance against me with it.

I also like the fact that I can now carry a MP5 as my sidearm, instead of a pistol. That could potentially come in very handy if I need to switch from my main rifle to the sidearm, especially if I am carrying a sniper rifle.

I decided to go online with GRAW2 for the first time today thinking it was going to be your standard CTF type of stuff, but NO :) aswell as all that... theres tons more real missions!!!:crazy: Its so cool that you can go with like 16 people online or 4 player LAN and do more campaigns against a computer run enemy it lots of interesting locations and conditions... I thought the single player mode was it in terms of a storyline but now I find this whole other side to the disk! People probably knew this but I had no idea....Very Happy!

You know it would be great to setup a GTPlanet Clan although I dont totally get how it would work...

Robin

I just broke down and bought the 80 gig, I will post my thoughts on it later tonight.

Back