PS3 General Discussion

Mine took 1.92 fine.

Ok, that was a lie. I don't get any video output anymore. The audio through optical works fine, but the video through HDMI is broke, the composite A/V multi-out doesn't work either. I remember that was a way to reset the video options by pressing the power button or something like that? I can't find it in the online manual, any help?

plug in your regular composite cables and set the tv accordingly then hold down the power button for 10 seconds or something like that until it resets itself

hope that helps 👍

Hmmm...that didn't work. I got a little flicker from the PS3, but still no picture. Audio wasn't coming through the composite either.

Edit: Ok, now it works.

I have a bit of a dilemma...

I have been enjoying Graw2 alot (as most can probably tell from this thread! :lol:) and im thinking of buying Vegas because I want to try the same gameplay/genre in a different setting (like stealth urban indoor as apposed to guns blazing rural outdoor) if that makes any sense!. Also now there are some great deals on it being that its reasonably old...

Basically it is worth purchasing because Ive heard mainly negative stuff about the PS3 verison, I know that even with the 720i fix the graphics and lighting are supposedly quite alot worse. Ive tried putting some ingame hd vids on my TV to see what its like and it seems ok to me. For the life of me I cant really see the difference against the 360 version but apparently there is a huge one!, I wish there was a bloody demo! After the visuals of Graw it maybe dissapointing..

Is this taking a step back or should I be buying the new stuff?

Could someone who owns the ps3 verison or maybe both give me some non bias help on this because it was apparently such a great game on 360 and I want to experience it in all its vegas glory..

Thanks...

Robin

I have a bit of a dilemma...

I have been enjoying Graw2 alot (as most can probably tell from this thread! :lol:) and im thinking of buying Vegas because I want to try the same gameplay/genre in a different setting (like stealth urban indoor as apposed to guns blazing rural outdoor) if that makes any sense!. Also now there are some great deals on it being that its reasonably old...

Basically it is worth purchasing because Ive heard mainly negative stuff about the PS3 verison, I know that even with the 720i fix the graphics and lighting are supposedly quite alot worse. Ive tried putting some ingame hd vids on my TV to see what its like and it seems ok to me. For the life of me I cant really see the difference against the 360 version but apparently there is a huge one!, I wish there was a bloody demo! After the visuals of Graw it maybe dissapointing..

Is this taking a step back or should I be buying the new stuff?

Could someone who owns the ps3 verison or maybe both give me some non bias help on this because it was apparently such a great game on 360 and I want to experience it in all its vegas glory..

Thanks...

Robin

I have both R6 Vegas and GRAW2 for the PS3. I must confess to enjoying R6V in single-player, quite challenging and good fun; however on-line is an ugly laggy mess.

Having got it first then moving to GRAW2 I far prefer GRAW2 and R6V would be a let down in my eyes if I picked it up now (in fact it will get part exchanged when Dirt comes out next week). The ability to rappel, snake cam, etc are fun but for me its not a patch on GRAW2.

Regards

Scaff

BTW - adding you on PSN friends now

Well I just finished GRAW2 up tonight and I have to say that it was very enjoyable. A very well developed and designed game. Ubisoft did a wonderful job with it. 👍 Now I will probably end up playing through the game again on a harder level.

Well I just finished GRAW2 up tonight and I have to say that it was very enjoyable. A very well developed and designed game. Ubisoft did a wonderful job with it. 👍 Now I will probably end up playing through the game again on a harder level.

I agree very polished and a credit to a multi platform game on PS3. I hope to be purchasing games deved by the amazing Ubisoft Shanghai studios in the future, those guys really know how to do a good job. I hope they get the task of doing all clancy games for PS3.. looking forward to a Vegas Sequel done properly although im still deciding whether to get the original vegas...

Robin

Well I want GRAW2 definitly...its just so awesome! Is the demo a good impression of the full game? Or is the Demo worse?

Also guys, don't get too excited about some of Ubisofts work as the next Splinter Cell isn't at the moment being continued on PS3. Which is actually quite good as it doesn't look too good, not the Splinter Cell I know and love....

Splinter Cell Conviction

Well I want GRAW2 definitly...its just so awesome! Is the demo a good impression of the full game? Or is the Demo worse?

Also guys, don't get too excited about some of Ubisofts work as the next Splinter Cell isn't at the moment being continued on PS3. Which is actually quite good as it doesn't look too good, not the Splinter Cell I know and love....

Splinter Cell Conviction

In the demo the colours are abit bland and the textures are slightly lower res (this is most apparent on the clothing) in the final one the colours are more vibrant and everything is higher res. Everything else is much the same, I thought the final game also was less choppy than the demo and the controls feel tighter. The smoke and explosions in the game are amazing.

I was never really a fan of Splinter Cell were you do everything yourself, much prefer having a team based mission game..

Robin

In the demo the colours are abit bland and the textures are slightly lower res (this is most apparent on the clothing) in the final one the colours are more vibrant and everything is higher res. Everything else is much the same, I thought the final game also was less choppy than the demo and the controls feel tighter. The smoke and explosions in the game are amazing.

I was never really a fan of Splinter Cell were you do everything yourself, much prefer having a team based mission game..

Robin

Cool! The explosons in the demo are pretty awesome too though, especially if you shoot the Hummer, the vechicle, the UAV, the chopper......Ahh the possibilties are endless....

Thanks for your help with that I think that confirms my getting of GRAW2 in October...

WOO HOO!!!

Finally got me a PS3!!!

Spec....

Congrats! :)👍 Enjoy it and seriously try not to touch it because even the AIR scratches it! :scared:

Good, another sale for Sony, The more they sell the more good things with happen for the system, first party games and also the Blu Ray format!

Did you get the 80GB or 60GB? Just curious..

Robin

Congrats! :)👍 Enjoy it and seriously try not to touch it because even the AIR scratches it! :scared:

Good, another sale for Sony, The more they sell the more good things with happen for the system, first party games and also the Blu Ray format!

Did you get the 80GB or 60GB? Just curious..

Robin

yea it came out the box and all particles in the air seemed to be drawn to it. :lol:

As for the 60gb or 80gb i think i got a 60gb model. other than the obvious HD size difference are there any other differences?

Yea i been meaning to get a PS3 for a while now and this weekend was it. Next month ill be looking at HD tv's.....

Spec....

As for the 60gb or 80gb i think i got a 60gb model. other than the obvious HD size difference are there any other differences?

Apart from the extra 20GB the 80GB Version now uses software emulation instead of the EE/GS Chip in the 60GB to run PS1/2 games. Thats about it.

Robin

Apart from the extra 20GB the 80GB Version now uses software emulation instead of the EE/GS Chip in the 60GB to run PS1/2 games. Thats about it.

Robin
Since you are talking about the 60GB in this post, don't forget Europeans have always had software emulation in the European 20GB and 60GB PS3's from the off.

Since you are talking about the 60GB in this post, don't forget Europeans have always had software emulation in the European 20GB and 60GB PS3's from the off.

Yeah I thought that but couldn't remember if it was all of the EU ones. I thought that maybe specialized was in America where all the 60GB had the chips instead..

Robin

40GB PS3 coming?

400 40GB PS3 with Spidey 3 Blu-ray pack-in? Our mole tells all
By Ben Kuchera | Published: September 09, 2007 - 10:16PM CT

Our mole has a great track record: both the Xbox 360 HDMI story and the wired Xbox 360 Rock Band controllers have since been confirmed. Whoever our friendly inside source is, he's got some great contacts. Now he's ready to tell us what Sony's console pricing plans may soon look like. Here's how Sony's platform pricing will shape up by the holiday shopping season:

80GB PlayStation 3: $499.99
40GB PlayStation 3: $399.99
Spider-Man 3 Blu-ray movie pack in with one, or both
PlayStation 2: $99.99

The 80GB price drop isn't that shocking, but a new $400 40GB system would be huge news. Would people be willing to part with 40GB to save $100? I think so, and having a $400 PlayStation 3 option would be a great weapon this holiday season. If they get to show off the Blu-ray capabilities of the system with Spider-Man 3 bundled? That's a nice package.

The $99.99 PlayStation 2 would ensure that the venerable system will continue to sell well. This is rumor for now, but when Sony makes some announcements at the Tokyo Game Show, I would not be shocked if these were among them. You heard it here first.

Wow. That would be awesome. Think about it. Who wouldnt buy it? I mean, even if people were complaining because it only has 40gb of memory, they could buy it at 400, save up 100 or so, and buy a laptop hdd for like 120gb.

Sony really has to stop this crap with different HDD sizes. One size, one price, everyone buys it.

No crap. It seems as though when the 360 dropped in price, Sony had a 80GB PS3 waiting around. That's my observation, how spread out was it in reality?

I'd be very pissed had I bought a 60GB PS3 to later find an 80GB one for the same price. Same thing just happened with the iPhone, but at least Apple is doing something about mad buyers of the first batch of iPhones.

I've decided, short of some unforseen expenses, I'm going to buy a PS3 at the end of the month. There's still not much out that I'm interested in, but with GT5:P around the corner and MGS4 out next year I can't see any reason to hold it off. There's no price cut coming for the UK as far as I can see, just bundle packages, which I'm not interested in since you rarely get 3 games you want.

Sony really has to stop this crap with different HDD sizes. One size, one price, everyone buys it.

Microsoft should take that same advice. Sony should be applauded for giving consumers a choice (for once).

I think Sony's is doing a good job with the hardware offerings. They are trying to not lose so much money and give gamers a choice of equal yet slightly different systems. The system at the core is the same unlike Xbox360. Wii doent need to change anything since they offer the least hardware features and they make profit off to bat by selling it for more than its worth.

40GB for $400 and 40 more GBs plus Spiderman 3 Blu ray for $500 sounds like a good move. There probably won't be a single SKU since gamers will have different needs as far as HDD and some don't care to install HDD's the same way not everyone cares for pirated movies. A 40GB $400 PS3 is going to sell well.

Back