PS3 General Discussion

congrats! how much / what games? see you online!

$688 for the system, extra controller, and two year warranty. Motorstorm came with it and I picked up the F1 game and Resistance: Fall of Man used, got both for $80.

With all the problems I had with my PS2 I thought a warranty would be in order. Plus if something does happen I won't have to pay a ton to get it fixed.

Congrat's! You will grow to love it!

Must say when I went into game today to trade in some of my PS2 games that I didn't want anymore, I was so tempted to get GRAW2 but it was £45, even ASDA was cheaper than that they were selling it at £30. So I decided no, and bought another controller instead.

Congrats on getting it, 80GB...ooh the premium PREMIUM version! :lol: :)

You wasted your money with the warranty. You really dont need it.:sly:

I do agree, PS3's just dont break, they can withstand a stupidly high amount of heat and the internal components are top notch. Lots of people seem to have had problems with PS2's, I have owned 2 for 10 years and they never even crashed maybe because they were made in japan models.

Plus if something does happen I won't have to pay a ton to get it fixed.

Fair enough I suppose, worth having if youve now got it...

Robin

I'll add you guys on my friends list, although I need to get a headset today...the one for my phone should actually work since it's a blue tooth and I never use the damn thing. Feel free to add me too...although I haven't figured out how to accept it yet. My Playstation ID thing along with being in my profile is GTP_Joey.

I'll add you guys on my friends list, although I need to get a headset today...the one for my phone should actually work since it's a blue tooth and I never use the damn thing. Feel free to add me too...although I haven't figured out how to accept it yet. My Playstation ID thing along with being in my profile is GTP_Joey.
It depends on the model, because some models have problems with the PS3.

Just a question,

If I plugged a wired headset (the one you get free) into my sony ericsson K750i and then paired the phone with the PS3 through bluetooth would I in essence end up with a wireless headset?

Does anyone know if that would work, just for now...

Robin

Just a question,

If I plugged a wired headset (the one you get free) into my sony ericsson K750i and then paired the phone with the PS3 through bluetooth would I in essence end up with a wireless headset?

Does anyone know if that would work, just for now...

Robin

I doubt it would work.

With regards to GRAW2, I have to say the background music during the cemetery part of the game is absolutely driving me nuts. I really wish I could turn it off. It is distracting me from moving around slowly and trying to find all of the patrolling soldiers. I am also disappointed with the Lone Wolf version of the MR-C in that I cannot change it to single shot. Having any weapon on full auto, just seems to waste too many bullets. If I could go to single shot, I would still have ammunition for it and would have to switch to the scopeless MP5SD. Not that it is a bad gun, I just would rather have a rifle with a scope.

With regards to GRAW2, I have to say the background music during the cemetery part of the game is absolutely driving me nuts. I really wish I could turn it off. It is distracting me from moving around slowly and trying to find all of the patrolling soldiers. I am also disappointed with the Lone Wolf version of the MR-C in that I cannot change it to single shot. Having any weapon on full auto, just seems to waste too many bullets. If I could go to single shot, I would still have ammunition for it and would have to switch to the scopeless MP5SD. Not that it is a bad gun, I just would rather have a rifle with a scope.

Yeah I just did that level, theres alot of soliders in that cemetery, I went clockwise round the perimeter hiding behind each grave as I went along, I agree they shouldnt really have music on realy steathly bits like that, I suppose you could mute your TV or maybe there is a volume level control for BGM in the settings.

Ive found that none of my mission stats save, whats with that, anyone else have this problem?

Also is there a way to select infinate respawns when creating a 4 player local or online game? People have managed this obviously due to the list of games but I cant seem to find the option because one shot and im dead (theres options for everything else about the setup!).

Robin

I looked at the options list and could not find anything related to BGM, which really disappointed me. I was hoping to be able to turn it down some. It is somewhat hard to mute the TV when it is helpful in locating upcoming enemies, even though they made not be within your view at the time.

I have not had a problem with my mission stats not saving. I can go into the menu while I am playing the game and look at all of them.

I cannot help you on the online or local game because I have yet to get into any of that yet.

I have not had a problem with my mission stats not saving. I can go into the menu while I am playing the game and look at all of them.

Do you also see them in the main menu when not playing, like from all previous missons? I see them rack up ingame but not in the main menu.

Have you been doing entire missions in one go?, like one chapter from start to end because I tend to play to an auto save point then switch off a resume later... maybe you only get the stats saved if you do it all in one go.

Robin

I just realized a while ago what you were talking about and I do not see my statistics in the main menu screen either, though I do see them while in-game.

I have been playing the missions pretty rapidly and seem to be advancing pretty quickly. I am getting somewhat tired of being a 'lone ghost' all the time and would like to have some team members. Right now, it seems I am an army of one in this war. Support would, in the form of people instead of a M.U.L.E. or cypher, would be nice.

Also is there a way to select infinate respawns when creating a 4 player local or online game? People have managed this obviously due to the list of games but I cant seem to find the option because one shot and im dead (theres options for everything else about the setup!).

Robin

I know that while setting up a Co-op Elimination pressing circle or something while on game mode(? (the menu with Firefight/Heli Hunt)) lets you create a custom game type with infinite respawns or whatever. It might be the same for other game types, but I've never tried them.

With regards to GRAW2, I have to say the background music during the cemetery part of the game is absolutely driving me nuts. I really wish I could turn it off.
I remember seeing something like 'Action Music' in the option menu, maybe that does it.
I just realized a while ago what you were talking about and I do not see my statistics in the main menu screen either, though I do see them while in-game.
Yeah, mine aren't there, either.

Just wondering if GRAW2 is actually multiplayer, in other words splitscreen multiplayer. Not online as my brother really wants to go against me or co-op with me.

Just wondering if GRAW2 is actually multiplayer, in other words splitscreen multiplayer. Not online as my brother really wants to go against me or co-op with me.

Yes it is up to 4 players on one console, you cant play the main story as co op (like gears) but you can play all the stuff in multiplayer, you also have the option to play LAN.

Yes it is up to 4 players on one console, you cant play the main story as co op (like gears) but you can play all the stuff in multiplayer, you also have the option to play LAN.

Thanks! Thats great news, I think I will be asking for this for my birthday instead of DiRT.

Ugh, the multiplayer in GRAW2 sucks. It encourages run and gun instead of tactical combat. I can't even take cover in multiplayer. I might as well run around with a red coat.

I just downloaded the update, and was finishing up. It's not working. The PS3 is locked on a black screen not doing anything. I think I'm screwed.

The green light is on, the controller light is out and a flash drive in the USB port is blinking every 1.5 seconds.

I just downloaded the update, and was finishing up. It's not working. The PS3 is locked on a black screen not doing anything. I think I'm screwed.

The green light is on, the controller light is out and a flash drive in the USB port is blinking every 1.5 seconds.

EDIT: I pulled out the flash drive and nothing. I inserted the controller cable, and nothing. With the cable, the controller blinks once a second. Without, the controller blinks three times a second and never 'finds' the PS3. It's still locked on a complete black screen.

Now what? Try reseting?

Flip the power switch and pray. If it never started to install the update, you're fine. If it was in the middle of the installation, it should still be ok, but pray just in case.

Interesting Folding@Home PS3 update news for those who care but may have missed it:

http://folding.stanford.edu/news.html
8/22/2007 New Version for the PS3 now available
With Sony's extensive help, we have released version 1.2 of the Folding@home client for the PS3. Updated features and functionalities that are part of this latest application update (v 1.2) include:

* Support for Remote Play for PSP: Now Folding@home can be remotely operated through PSP utilizing the Remote Play feature of the PS3 system. With this feature, PS3 users are able to view on their PSP the exact same Folding@home information that is viewable on their PS3, complete with the map of the world and the protein that their particular system is simulating.
* More Support for Additional Protein Simulations: Additional computation cores are now supported allowing Folding@home for PS3 to support a wider range of protein-folding simulations which further enhances the science needed to be performed to research diseases such as Alzheimer's disease.
* Screensaver Mode: A screensaver mode can now be activated via the Settings menu in the Folding@home application, allowing PS3 users to consume slightly less power and to increase performance of protein-folding simulations.
* Link to Project Description: A link has been added to the Information menu in the Folding@home application allowing users to quickly obtain additional information about the specific research project they are currently contributing to.
* Protein Visualization Enhancements: All visualization modes have been enhanced with improved shading, highlighting and focus effects, including: Tapioca displays the protein as a smooth surface with improved shading and depth; Caviar displays the protein as a smooth surface with defined edges; Licorice displays only the protein's bonds and Backbone which emphasizes specific sections of the protein that are of the most scientific interest to researchers.
* Advanced Participation Mode: Advanced participation mode allows Stanford University to send simulations of varying computational lengths to PS3 users. Because the simulations in this mode can take significantly longer, Advanced Mode is only recommended for contributors who run Folding@home for at least eight hours per day.

Of particular excitement for us is the abilty to have accelerated GB/SA simulations. We can now run calcaultions which were first run on FAH in October of 2000 at about 200x to 500x speed increase -- a pretty amazing feat and something we're very excited about. We are reading new GB work units to go out and will report on their progress as time goes on.

I shut her off. Restarted her up, and all was fine. I guess the PS3 got stuck when it tried to restart after the update was installed. No biggie.
]

Exact same thing happen to me, black screen after update. I know it does this if you dont't press any buttons it will hang like that. I nearly crapped my pants and i was afraid to turn it of.

Back