PS3 General Discussion

Is the email I recieved from them legal binding proof that they can only charge me 14.95 for it? because if the customer services guy screws up it not my problem....
I would think, but I'm no lawyer.

What do you think I should do because its a cracking deal if its true...
Keep trying to contact them and get them to lock in that price for you.

Is Lair worth purchasing?
That depends entirely on you. For me it appears more than worth the normal $60, which is why I have it on pre-order.

That depends entirely on you. For me it appears more than worth the normal $60, which is why I have it on pre-order.

So you ordered it on amazon aswell? Did you do it before the price apparently increased on the site and what did you actually get charged, the 14.95?

Everything says the new full price all the way up to your supposed to pay, which to me means your gonna pay that price! so what I click pay and it will miraculously drop!!! I really dont think so!

Finally, after numerous attempts, I finally killed every enemy in the GRAW2 Demo before time runs out.

The only enemy alive are the pilot of the helicopters, because you cannot kill them in the demo. But, the gunners and men who get flown in can be and I killed them all. I also completely entered the camp.

I also kill all the enemies in the previous operations, too. Even the escaping enemies from the camp. It's fun nailing three running enemy soldiers in the back.

I think I'm ready for the full game. Though, I have my fears since the demo is so damn buggy.

So you are really wearing the demo out arent you :). I'm trying to decide to get GRAW2 or Rainbow6 IV.

So you are really wearing the demo out arent you :). I'm trying to decide to get GRAW2 or Rainbow6 IV.

Yeah, I'm having fun. But, it's the bugs that bother me; have me worried. I wanted to accomplish that one thing, to kill everyone in the game before time ran out. It ain't easy, but I did it. So far today, I haven't had a craving to play it today.

I've heard people on the net at other places. The game has one bug, so far. It freezes for about 10, and continues. But, sometimes it wont continue and you have to reset. A few people had this problem.

But, everyone said this game was better than Rainbow Six, by far. Better play, much better graphics and a much better single player game.

I'm still deciding either to get it or rent it. I think I'll just pick this one up the next time I go shopping.

I have only found one bug so far in the final game, if you flick through choosing you team members too quickly the image of them dissapears and the game crashes and you have to force reset the console, if you do it slow its fine, apart from that nothing else is really wrong.

This must be another then...

Its a great game, way better than vegas on the PS3

So you ordered it on amazon aswell? Did you do it before the price apparently increased on the site and what did you actually get charged, the 14.95?
I'm in the US, so I have it pre-ordered at Amazon for $60.

Thanks, we will be reporting her to ebay. We have now cancelled the payment from her by requesting a mutual thing. There are a few PS3's finishing tonight so, I will keep you posted on it.

The PS3 Saga: The Second Win will becoming soon.....
Thanks to SolidFro's link, I saw a lisiting in that site's PS3 Deals & Bargains page that may be perfect for you:
It's £30 more than your eBay deal, but its new, free shipping and from a reputable dealer. 👍

Even that eBayer's £399 "new bundle deal" looks even worse when compared to this bundle from Play.com:
The games are better to... well not Genji ;)

But even if you didn't want any of the three games or Blu-ray movie, you could sell them yourself on eBay, and as they are new & sealed, you could easily get over £100 for them, thus giving you a brand new 60GB PS3 for less than £300 from an actual dealer! 👍👍

At least you have some options other than relying on an honest eBayer. 👍

...or is it just California weather?
Doubt it:

http://www.ps3vault.com/how-to-kill-a-ps3-console-1975

Environment 3 Heat Sauna – again console inside and controllers and screen outside.
Starting temperature was 100F and Gradually increased to 120F over the last 24hours.
Incidents Strangley enough we thought this would prove to be the ultimate area to kill the console, and to our surprise the only incident we noticed was a slight burning smell that came in around 64hours at 110F, the console was extremely hot when we finished the overall test but had come thru all environments with flying colours.
This console is now back in a normal environment and working fine.

The game crashed on me last night on the team selection screen. I thought maybe the PS3's temp was too high. It's been 90 degrees at night lately. Has anyone else have this problem or is it just California weather?

Nothing to do with the temp, it just does that if you flick through them too quick... Temperature cannot kill a PS3... link

http://www.ps3vault.com/how-to-kill-a-ps3-console-1975

Also for some odd reason on graw2 its not saving any of my mission stats, is that happening to anyone else?

Robin

The PS3 Saga is complete....We phoned Game this morning to ask how much was there pre-owned PS3's. They said £324. So right now I am playing Motorstorm on the PS3. Don't expect to hear much from me for the next few days.....:D

Congratz
I hope i'll have a PS3 by the end of the year. Hopefully the new controllers will be out by then. (or the PS3 cheaper)

The PS3 Saga is complete....We phoned Game this morning to ask how much was there pre-owned PS3's. They said £324. So right now I am playing Motorstorm on the PS3. Don't expect to hear much from me for the next few days.....:D

Great stuff speedster502, glad it all worked out in the end, enjoy the PS3 goodness and see you in about a month! :lol:

Good work, but I would have thought you were going to get a brand new one from some store like shopto.net.

I was getting one as cheap as possible. It still comes with a 1 year gurantee though so if we have any probelms then we can take it back etc.

hey guys i have a question

for Japanese and PAL games can you just create another account and say you live in London(ex) then download a PAL demo on your PS3, then use your normal account and still play it?

Anything you download from other PlayStation Networks in different nations will work on any other account once downloaded.

Only the 60GB version is available in europe, so i don't think it changes anything for us.
Except if it's a Sony marketing stunt and they start selling the 80gb versions in Europe at the same price as the 60gb versions and drop the price of the 60gb.

Maybe in the Christmas period?

Well done Speeds. Me, I'm a PiTA, so I would have demanded what I bought for the price I offered for it. :D

I'm waiting for a couple of weeks before GT5:P. Then I'm going to consider the secondhand thang too.

Thanks guys! Just out of intrest I have heard that you can access GTP off the internet browser on the PS3. When I click it it takes me to PS Home Page but then I can only browse that site. Can anyone help?

I think you press X on the controller to bring up the URL screen, then just enter what address on the web you fancy... sometimes it will say do you want to run the plugin, that just means run java / flash. Some websites, like hotmail require cookies but for some odd reason the PS3 cant do it yet...

Hope that helps

I think you press X on the controller to bring up the URL screen, then just enter what address on the web you fancy... sometimes it will say do you want to run the plugin, that just means run java / flash. Some websites, like hotmail require cookies but for some odd reason the PS3 cant do it yet...

Hope that helps

Thanks!! That really helps!

Thanks!! That really helps!
When in doubt, always hit triangle. The triangle button is almost always an options button on the PS3 when in built-in programs, such as the browser, XMB, and Folding@Home.

To any Graw2 players out there,

Is there anyway to watch the cut scenes in between missions again without doing the whole campaign again?

Like the one where you see Warez in mexico for the first time, that vista from the helicopter was stunning but if you start that mission from the quick mission screen you start already on the ground...

Another bit was the bit right at the start where its said Ubisoft presents....

So is there anyway to watch these bits again independently?

Robin

Oh snap! IGN UK reviews Heavenly Sword.

Wow. The demo sure didn't make the game seem like a 7.0. I'm really surprised that IGN of all places (usually they're generous with their scores) gave it a 7.0 :odd:
:lol: ...oh, you mean on X360 games? 👍

Come on Duck, I've seen you responding in the same threads where time after time its been discussed how IGN has shown a fairly obvious tendency to "downgrade" PS3 games.
Umm, really?
I just took a look at the latest GameRankings results for Heavenly Sword. You'll notice that IGN's 7.0 score, while not shabby, is not only the lowest score, but is over a full point lower than everyone else so far:
  • 70% IGN 8/24/2007 7 out of 10
  • 90% GamePro 8/25/2007 4.5 out of 5
  • 88% Game Revolution 8/30/2007 B+
  • 84% Cheat Code Central 8/30/2007 4.2 out of 5
  • 100% Play Magazine 9/1/2007 10 out of 10
  • 83% Electronic Gaming Monthly 10/1/2007 8.33 out of 10
  • 88% Game Informer 10/1/2007 8.75 out of 10
So even with IGN's low score the average is still 8.6 or 86%. It ceratinly appears promising news for those on the fence. 👍

When you add up their score even though its not an average it came out to 7.7, round it down its 7.5. Give everything a high score to try to be nice then give everything else medium or low scores. Giving a 5 for lasting appeal is wrong. They say how incomepelre MotoStorm was yet it still got high scores across the boards.

I was very surprised to see PSM give LAIR a 5 and Warhawk a 6 saying it wasn't worth $60... I have already had enough enjoyment from warhawk to know I will get my moneys worth.

Back