PS3 General Discussion

Thanks! Just one last question is steering wheels of the PS2 compatible with the PS3. Mine is a Fanatec Speedster 3 will this be compatible or not?

Congrats on winning the auction. 👍

Thanks! Just one last question is steering wheels of the PS2 compatible with the PS3. Mine is a Fanatec Speedster 3 will this be compatible or not?
You might want to post that question in the following thread, not only to catch the eye of those who might know, but so others who might also have the same question some time later can easily find the answer. 👍

Thanks but I am not impressed with the seller so far. He has just contacted us to say that his supplier is out of stock and he can't send me one yet. He sounds very apologetic but he shouldn't have been advertising something that he didn't even own. At the moment I am not happy.

I don't think he likes it that the ps3 got sold at that price :)
but that's his problem, not yours. I wouldn't get my hopes up if i were you.
And definitely wait with paying until he has confirmed that he owns one.

At least we hadn't paid for it. But by selling something that he hadn't checked if he could supply is a violation of the Ebay rules it doesn't matter about the price it was sold at we are legally the owner of the PS3 even if it did go for £100 off the rrp. I wish he could get it sorted out soon as I want my PS3 very, very soon. I am seriously hacked off.

On an unrelated note, using ps3 video 9 converter all my widescreen avi's come out as distorted normal screen size files, how do I slove this problem?
I am using an SDTV, so I haven't run into this. I can take a guess though. Check your settings. It may be converting them into 480p MP4 AVC, and you most likely woudl want 780p or 1080p. I know the options are there. I think the default is 480p, or it was for me.

If that doesn't help check their forums on their Web site. That is basically their help center. I would guess you aren't the first to have the problem.

I would like it to include atleast one game unless you can download games as soon as you get it for free like GTHD, if thats free.
That's what I did. I bought teh system with no games and while I waited for Gamefly to send me my rented copy of F1:CE I played GTHD, a few demos and bought Q-Bert.

Thanks but I am not impressed with the seller so far. He has just contacted us to say that his supplier is out of stock and he can't send me one yet. He sounds very apologetic but he shouldn't have been advertising something that he didn't even own. At the moment I am not happy.
Please tell me you haven't paid yet. Some guys run ripoffs and some guys run stores. If he is running a store he may have thought he would have his supply in stock. A lot of these stores buy wholesale and just list items, without tracking supply, expecting to have a constant inflow of supply.

If you have an option to cancel I would and try to win another one. Or look for some ending today and win that and then cancel with this guy.

Patience, young padawan. You must trust that the universe will unfold as it should.

Congrats. Hadn't thought of eBay as a cheap source of a new PS3 - dumb, I know, since you can buy just about anything there. I shall watch your transaction with interest.

I am using an SDTV, so I haven't run into this. I can take a guess though. Check your settings. It may be converting them into 480p MP4 AVC, and you most likely woudl want 780p or 1080p. I know the options are there. I think the default is 480p, or it was for me.

If that doesn't help check their forums on their Web site. That is basically their help center. I would guess you aren't the first to have the problem.

Thanks Foolkiller,👍 Il try and play round with the settings, Ive found now sometimes it works and others its doesnt!:ill:

Foolkiller
Please tell me you haven't paid yet. Some guys run ripoffs and some guys run stores. If he is running a store he may have thought he would have his supply in stock. A lot of these stores buy wholesale and just list items, without tracking supply, expecting to have a constant inflow of supply.

If you have an option to cancel I would and try to win another one. Or look for some ending today and win that and then cancel with this guy.

I agree, you got to be careful with something this expensive and popular at the moment that some guy will probably try and con you but at least you havent given him your money.

Not to sound negative but if the seller usually doesnt have a product to hand like this its most likely that he doesnt actually own it and when he means supplier, I hope he doesnt mean a guy stealing it from a lorry or something :ill:

Just wait a few days and if nothing happens then cancel it, who cares if he gives neg feedback you have proof and can take it up with ebay. In the mean time I would keep your eyes peeled for other auctions....

Good luck speedster502, hope you get it soon... I know what it feels like to wait for a ps3! I finally got mine like 2 days ago after what felt like ages!

Robin

Thanks Foolkiller,👍 Il try and play round with the settings, Ive found now sometimes it works and others its doesnt!:ill:
Occasionally I get an unsupported data file from WMVs, but all my AVIs work fine. With it able to take stuff from You Tube any files on my hard drive that don't work correctly can usually be found there. I think a major issue may be companies like Microsoft and whoever else trying to protect their proprietary formats and working to find ways to stop converters from switching it to a competitive format. I know they definitely do that with audio files, so finding they do it with video files would be no surprise. Video 9 works within legal limits, so any security encoding won't be allowed to be broken by law.

It may all depend on how the widescreen is formatted. I know my mpeg editor that came with my TV Tuner software will do widescreen, bit it is actually a square with bars, so this kind of formatting may screw up PS3 Video 9. That's just a guess though. Using an SDTV I wouldn't notice.

I would check their forums for most problems. I notice that a lot of issues are repeatedly asked, so certain issues may be common, but I have yet to see anyone respond saying that what the questioner is trying to do can't be done.

Thanks for your sympathy guys, he still hasn't replied to what we said to him. My Dad had a real go at him. He better reply soon as if I can't have this one there is another finishing very soon which is looking good at the moment.

Dont know if you guys have seen this posted on another forum, but Amazon.co.uk have got Lair and Folklore down at £14.95.

Lair

Folklore

At least we hadn't paid for it. But by selling something that he hadn't checked if he could supply is a violation of the Ebay rules it doesn't matter about the price it was sold at we are legally the owner of the PS3 even if it did go for £100 off the rrp. I wish he could get it sorted out soon as I want my PS3 very, very soon. I am seriously hacked off.

Hopefully you do get your PS3 soon enough. Just make sure you do not send him any money until he says he has the PS3, I have found and heard that eBay is pretty good with auctions that the person selling does not have the item. Hopefully it all works out and you can finally get your hands on that PS3, I'm rootin' for ya.

Dont know if you guys have seen this posted on another forum, but Amazon.co.uk have got Lair and Folklore down at £14.95.

Lair

Folklore
:eek:

That's $30 compared to the $60 Amazon charges for both those games in the US.

It must be some kind of pricing error on the part of Amazon's UK site as Heavenly Sword is priced at £32.98, like most PS3 games.

I wonder if you went ahead and pre-ordered it, they would have to honor that price even if it's an error. I suspect not, as I believe this has happened in the past and sites like Amazon now have legal proctection from such pricing errors. Still, I'd give it a shot. That's an amazing deal if it works out! 👍👍

Hopefully you do get your PS3 soon enough. Just make sure you do not send him any money until he says he has the PS3, I have found and heard that eBay is pretty good with auctions that the person selling does not have the item. Hopefully it all works out and you can finally get your hands on that PS3, I'm rootin' for ya.

Thanks, if this one doesn't work out for me then there is quite a few other auctions that I could win. He still hasn't responded to my Dad's message so we don't know whats going on at the moment. If he says that we have to cancel the winning's then I'll have to live with that but there are others as my Dad keep's saying. Probelm is that we managed to get it for a bargain of a price, £300.50. Thats almost £100 off the RRP here in the UK. I just wish he actually had the PS3 to sell.

Speeds, just saw this. Man, that sucks big time. 👎

I already bought hundreds of items from eBay, only had problems 3 times. Nothing like that, though.
The guy said he shipped, it never came. Moestly this type of thing. Luckily, it only happened with not expensive stuff.

But like some already said, I'd move on and keep looking for another good deal. Maybe you'll get one even cheaper, happens all the time.

Just be sure to check feedback and not only the numbers, read the comments and who made them. 👍

Thanks, if this one doesn't work out for me then there is quite a few other auctions that I could win. He still hasn't responded to my Dad's message so we don't know whats going on at the moment. If he says that we have to cancel the winning's then I'll have to live with that but there are others as my Dad keep's saying. Probelm is that we managed to get it for a bargain of a price, £300.50. Thats almost £100 off the RRP here in the UK. I just wish he actually had the PS3 to sell.

I would wait maybe one more day if I were you then cancel your bid or however you stop the transaction. Atleast there are other auctions on right now and hopefully you can still get your hands on one soon. If I was you I would ask someone else who is selling one if they have the PS3 in-hand and then bid on it, if you win and he ships it right away just cancel your other win. Just remember not to let people jerk you around because if you win it is rightfully yours. Keep that stick on the ice mate!

There is talk that there will be playable demos for the following games for those attending the 2007 Penny Arcade Expo being held in Seattle, Washington this week and through the weekend:
  • Folklore
  • Heavenly Sword
  • LAIR
  • Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
  • Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune
I'm especially curious what people's early impressions are of Uncharted.

There is talk that there will be playable demos for the following games for those attending the 2007 Penny Arcade Expo being held in Seattle, Washington this week and through the weekend:
  • Folklore
  • Heavenly Sword
  • LAIR
  • Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
  • Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune
I'm especially curious what people's early impressions are of Uncharted.

Cool cant wait for all this hot games they all look so freaking awesome. 👍

Still no reply from him at 7:09 this morning. He needs to reply before 7:00 tonight as there are loads finishing then which all look good, well all of them better than this one as he doesn't even have the flippin item. I'm still annoyed because it certainly was a bargain price for a brand new PS3 but he doesn't seem to want to sort this out A.S.A.P at all.

Also thanks for all the sympathy and morale support guys, it is really helping to cool my nerves and anger at the moment. Thanks Again.

Lair

Folklore

Is this for real!!!! A guy posted on amazon what looks an email reply from customer service saying the price is correct, Im really tempted but I didnt really want either, If it was heavenly sword then definately!! Lets hope amazon does more of this.

EDIT,

They have just raised them back up, lucky few who got a great deal! probably will be alot of selling on ebay...

Damn I wish they had done this for some of the other games! :lol:

I watched Sony's Conference in Germany from the link that SL posted and I got to say that from the game trailers showed on it Ratchet & Clank and GT5:P really stood out from the rest, graphically wise.

Right then, just got an e-mail from the seller which has not impressed me anymore, infact we have requested her to cancel the sale. She is not offering what we won in the auction, everyone in my family is not happy with her, and we will be reporting her to ebay. Here is what we were supposed to get.

Orginal Auction
PlayStation3 Console (HDD 60GB Model)
PS3 Wireless Controller (SIXAXIS)
AV Cable
LAN Cable
Power Supply (220V)
Manual (English/Chinese)
p&p 10.00

Email Recieved Today
goodmorning

just to say sorry first for this mess up.
ok new stock today 3 day delivery

ps3 uk pal version 60 gb
Tom clancy rainbow six vegas
Enchanted arms game
Game carry case holds 28 games
12 month sony warrenty
Wireless controller

In stock

£399.00

Delivery by fri at latest
Please let me know asap b4 they sell out..

Not what we won. Also it's too expensive that's why we won just a PS3 as shown above. Not impressed and will be searching for a new PS3 after the mutual payment has been sent to us.

What she's doing is quite naughty, so I agree with reporting her to eBay. The price you bought it as is what you should get. It was her choice putting it up as a bid in the first place - and she should have set a reserve if it sold below what she wanted.

In my experience, you should only buy from a seller who has almost perfect rating - not including neutral ones. I made the mistake of buying a (fake) memory stick from someone who has a feedback rating of 99.8%, but didn't bother to check about 20% of all their ratings were neutral. People are too soft and don't give out enough negative feedback ratings. I can understand why, because they just pollute your inbox with "please remove your negative feedback rating because your issue has been resolved. You have a week to do this..."... They did refund but I didn't bother removing the negative rating.

eBay is a good place, but you really have to be careful.

Finally, after numerous attempts, I finally killed every enemy in the GRAW2 Demo before time runs out.

The only enemy alive are the pilot of the helicopters, because you cannot kill them in the demo. But, the gunners and men who get flown in can be and I killed them all. I also completely entered the camp.

I also kill all the enemies in the previous operations, too. Even the escaping enemies from the camp. It's fun nailing three running enemy soldiers in the back.

I think I'm ready for the full game. Though, I have my fears since the demo is so damn buggy.

Right then, just got an e-mail from the seller which has not impressed me anymore, infact we have requested her to cancel the sale. She is not offering what we won in the auction, everyone in my family is not happy with her, and we will be reporting her to ebay. Here is what we were supposed to get.
Wow... pulling a bait & switch is highly against the rules of eBay and they take that kind of behavior very seriously. To make things worse, she obviously can sell you what you won, because she says she has the 60GB PS3 & controller, etc... she just wants to get an extra $200 off you and hoping a couple games might convince you to pay it.

Now maybe she is just hoping you bite, but will still honor the sale in case you don't go for the "new" deal. If not, that's probably enough to get her banned from eBay these days, and if she sells a lot on eBay for a living as it sounds like she does, then you'd think that would be more than enough incentive to honor her agreement.

Either way, for what it's worth, you have my condolences for having to endure this bad experience. Although I suppose it could have been much worse, what with a lot of the reported fraud that happens with online auctions.

G.T
What she's doing is quite naughty, so I agree with reporting her to eBay. The price you bought it as is what you should get. It was her choice putting it up as a bid in the first place - and she should have set a reserve if it sold below what she wanted.

In my experience, you should only buy from a seller who has almost perfect rating - not including neutral ones. I made the mistake of buying a (fake) memory stick from someone who has a feedback rating of 99.8%, but didn't bother to check about 20% of all their ratings were neutral. People are too soft and don't give out enough negative feedback ratings. I can understand why, because they just pollute your inbox with "please remove your negative feedback rating because your issue has been resolved. You have a week to do this..."... They did refund but I didn't bother removing the negative rating.

eBay is a good place, but you really have to be careful.

Thanks, we will be reporting her to ebay. We have now cancelled the payment from her by requesting a mutual thing. There are a few PS3's finishing tonight so, I will keep you posted on it.

The PS3 Saga: The Second Win will becoming soon.....

PlayStation3 Console (HDD 60GB Model)
PS3 Wireless Controller (SIXAXIS)
AV Cable
LAN Cable
Power Supply (220V)
Manual (English/Chinese)
p&p 10.00

Not what we won. Also it's too expensive that's why we won just a PS3 as shown above. Not impressed and will be searching for a new PS3 after the mutual payment has been sent to us.

Thats a total con, they rope you into the sale then give you nothing like you asked for you a way higher price, ridiculous!

I believe the original offer was for a Hong Kong region PS3 (due to the chinese manual bit) and they probably didnt recieve it so they got a UK region PS3 and tried to flog that to you instead! Thank god you didnt pay!

Let us know how the saga continues! :)

Finally, after numerous attempts, I finally killed every enemy in the GRAW2 Demo before time runs out.

The only enemy alive are the pilot of the helicopters, because you cannot kill them in the demo. But, the gunners and men who get flown in can be and I killed them all. I also completely entered the camp.

I also kill all the enemies in the previous operations, too. Even the escaping enemies from the camp. It's fun nailing three running enemy soldiers in the back.

I think I'm ready for the full game. Though, I have my fears since the demo is so damn buggy.

I didn't really play through much of the demo, what bugs were there?

I really do recommend the full game to you Solid, seriously the graphics are alot better and there is no choppyness (maybe abit when like in a smoke grenade cloud) but it all runs well, the lighting and explosion effects are particularly nice, its well worth it.

I have only found one bug so far in the final game, if you flick through choosing you team members too quickly the image of them dissapears and the game crashes and you have to force reset the console, if you do it slow its fine, apart from that nothing else is really wrong.

I was in a really heated mission today with bullets flying everywhere trying to keep my team from not getting shot...in the end I had like 4 bullets left before completion it was really intense!

This is my first venture into the tom clancy series and one of very few FPS games I own (im more of a racing man) but I am very impressed, I liked the way it reminded me of Gears in the way you move around!

If your really not sure try and get a play at a shop or maybe rent it...

Robin

Meanwhile Im still hurting from not taking advantage of the 14.95 error for Lair on amazon uk... dammit!

:eek:

That's $30 compared to the $60 Amazon charges for both those games in the US.

It must be some kind of pricing error on the part of Amazon's UK site as Heavenly Sword is priced at £32.98, like most PS3 games.

I wonder if you went ahead and pre-ordered it, they would have to honor that price even if it's an error. I suspect not, as I believe this has happened in the past and sites like Amazon now have legal proctection from such pricing errors. Still, I'd give it a shot. That's an amazing deal if it works out! 👍👍
Looks like the £15 prices were in deed a pricing error as they are back up to £35 now.

Looks like the £15 prices were in deed a pricing error as they are back up to £35 now.

This makes me really confused, are they talking rubbish? can they seriously not see that the price has changed on the website. He didnt mention anything about the 35 pounds it is now, so I decided to go all the way to the checkout and it still said that it would cost me 35... so I stopped...

The site says 35 and they are saying 15..... ahhhh who to believe!!!

Ive emailed them again and are waiting a reply... I want to know why it says 35!

Is the email I recieved from them legal binding proof that they can only charge me 14.95 for it? because if the customer services guy screws up it not my problem....

What do you think I should do because its a cracking deal if its true...

Is Lair worth purchasing?

Robin

Back