Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
Man, finally a taste of some new info. I'm actually kind of excited that Daytona is in....especially if they have a road course version....but at the same time i would love to drive a Ferrari at 200 miles an hour around the oval.

Who's Johnnyram at neogaf? Or is this like the car list we saw earlier. I think someone saw Daytona as where the player online is from.

Well, NASCAR(who are majority owners of International Speedway Corporation, which owns Daytona, Talladega, and about half of NASCAR's tracks) tend to go where the money is. And they know, with the popularity of the GT series, they can reach a new fan base(by allowing NASCAR circuits-ovals, roadcourses, and even rovals-to be in GT5/GT5P), and make a killing at the same time.

Hopefully, the full GT5 will have Watkins Glen(to go along with Infineon/Sears Point), Talladega(Oval and roval), as well as some SMI tracks(Lowes, Texas, and Atlanta ovals/rovals)and the Daytona 24 Hour Course. But we'll have to wait unitl '08 for any answers on that.

And is it only the oval in GT5P, or is it the roval, or both?

PS: I'd rather see what an Audi R8 or R10(even Group C) cars and do at Daytona or Talladega than a Ferrari road car.

WARNING: MY OPINION

Well thats much cop isn't it? What a utterly boring track, is like Oval Racing on TOCA 3 just utterly boring. Now if they included Rockingham (I mean the full course not just the oval) then that would be cool, as we could replicate our favourite moments from Fifth Gear...:D

Daytona?! Oh come on! Bring GT to Indianapolis. It's home to the Indy 500, U.S. Grand Prix, and Brickyard 400. Not to mention it's where auto racing was born, and is the most famous race track on earth. PD, quit scratchin your asses, and include it! It's about time. :ouch:

Daytona?! Oh come on! Bring GT to Indianapolis. It's home to the Indy 500, U.S. Grand Prix, and Brickyard 400. Not to mention it's where auto racing was born, and is the most famous race track on earth. PD, quit scratchin your asses, and include it! It's about time. :ouch:

While I understand the enthusiasm for your home track and while it is the oldest surviving race track in the world, I would not go quite as far as to say it was where auto racing was born, Europe (and France in particular) was holding races on impromptu routes since the birth of the car itself.

The Paris to Bordeaux race of 1895 is commonly recognised as the first true auto race, with the Gordon Bennett Cup being the first true race series in 1905 (and also saw the first use of National racing colours).

Don't get me wrong Indy is an important circuit, both now and historically, but not what I would class as the birth of Auto Racing.

Regards

Scaff

While I understand the enthusiasm for your home track and while it is the oldest surviving race track in the world, I would not go quite as far as to say it was where auto racing was born, Europe (and France in particular) was holding races on impromptu routes since the birth of the car itself.

The Paris to Bordeaux race of 1895 is commonly recognised as the first true auto race, with the Gordon Bennett Cup being the first true race series in 1905 (and also saw the first use of National racing colours).

Don't get me wrong Indy is an important circuit, both now and historically, but not what I would class as the birth of Auto Racing.

Regards

Scaff

Glad to be French ( for once... ^_^)
great news to watch Top Gear on GT TV !
I can't wait to see new feed from TGS, the last months until GT5P release will be very long...

Yes!!!!! I am so excited about this. I'm gonna be really mad if they don't release GT5:P in North America. Btw, WIll this be in both configurations or just one?

I would say both configurations according to the lower right corner shot:

4mj5b3b.jpg

Its also good that the Famitsu scans show the TWO versions of Daytona in Prologue.......It just gets better and better.
What a fantastic track for online racing.

New info states that full game GT5: Prologue will be released in Japan on 13th December for the price of 4980 yen (Blu-Ray) or 4500 yen (PSN Download).

As for 20th October, there will be only a demo of GT5: Prologue (now that is a new one - demo of "Prologue" - only can happen in GT World :)) which will have new Nissan GT-R (under the Fukumen" name-badge, which is the Japanese street-name for production-ready cars covered with black covers for anti-paparazzi measures) on still undiclosed course.

None info has an confirmation of availablity of both full-Prologue or demo on other territories except japan.

More info in hours to come.

+ Daytona Infield (Rolex configuration) in-car (not GT5 video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JODuiWx3bqQ

Introducing the next Gran Turismo endurance race…The 24 hours of Daytona! Now if they are creating the Prototype cars for this game I would be happy! A new class of cars would be a welcome addition.

And of course I can't let this part go, but that track holds the single biggest AMA Motorcycle race of the year also. Hummmm....TT2 anyone?! :dopey:

:scared::crazy::sly::dopey:👍:scared::crazy::sly::dopey:
👍:scared::crazy::sly::dopey:👍:scared::crazy::sly:
:dopey:👍:scared::crazy::sly::dopey:👍
:scared::crazy::sly::dopey:👍

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kazunori Yamuchui is King! Give him the nobel peace prize! Only in my wildest dreams did Gran Turismo ever get Daytona!

2.5 mile oval + 24HR Roadcourse! I am in heaven!

EDIT: IS Indy NEXT? Were all those locations in the GT5 P menu for real!?!?

http://i15.tinypic.com/4mj5b3b.jpg

Heh, I just saw that and I totally forgot that 16 player online on Daytona would kick tremendous ass.

PD really needs to include a stock car in GT5P that bypasses EA's license (almost like what MotorStorm did with getting stock car and Porsche lookalikes).

(almost like what MotorStorm did with getting stock car and Porsche lookalikes).
And the A-Team van and is it the Chips motorcycle? Those were both in the new Coyote Revenge Weekend pack.

And now that I'm calmed down after what is to me the biggest announcment made for GT5 thus far,

Heh, I just saw that and I totally forgot that 16 player online on Daytona would kick tremendous ass.

PD really needs to include a stock car in GT5P that bypasses EA's license (almost like what MotorStorm did with getting stock car and Porsche lookalikes).

They can easily make a fantasy stock car like rFactor did HERE.

UnoMOTO
And of course I can't let this part go, but that track holds the single biggest AMA Motorcycle race of the year also. Hummmm....TT2 anyone?!

Hopefully bikes will be built into GT5 at some point. Maybe we can pay some extra $ and download motorcycles via a patch later on?

And why all the hate on Daytona? One of the most famous tracks in the world with a 2.5 mile oval that will be great for 16 player online races and a 3.2 mile 24 hour road course. What's not to like about Daytona?!?! I have a feeling some would be happier if Brands Hatch was announced. To each his own I guess

According to the map on that scan, there will be 7? USA tracks. (left to right)

1. Seattle
2. Laguna Seca
3. *Unknown*
4. Grand Canyon
5. *Unknown*
6. Daytona
7. New York

As much as i'm glad Daytona is in GT5P, GT games have never simulated oval driving very well. Anyone who has played a Papy Nascar title can vouch for that. You need well simulated understeer and oversteer, Gran Turismo has never simulated oversteer very well (when was the last time you lost the backend of a car when driving one of GT's two ovals?)

Therefore i would be happier to see Brands Hatch than i was to see Daytona.

1. Seattle
2. Laguna Seca
3. *Unknown*
4. Grand Canyon
5. *Unknown*
6. Daytona
7. New York

2. Infineon
3. Laguna Seca
5. Las Vegas Drag Strip

...probably

1. Seattle
2. Laguna Seca
3. *Unknown*
4. Grand Canyon
5. *Unknown*
6. Daytona
7. New York
Infineon (Sears Point), which we alreay have, is the one near San Francisco. I don't know what the other unknown one would be.

Looking at that map it looks like the Grand Canyon track on Arizona but then the other one in the western states looks like it is in Las Vegas. Unless what I think is Las Vegas is actually supposed to be the Grand Canyon, in which case that would put the other one in New Mexico or Colorado. Could we be getting Pikes Peak back?

EDIT:
TheCracker
5. Las Vegas Drag Strip
Beat me to it.

Although I'm glad to see Daytona get onto the list of tracks, I'm seriously disappointed with PD. :(
Pushing back GT5P to december and only releasing a demo in Oct. ?
This is getting old quickly and my will to hold-out is not going to hold if PD continues these foolish moves. After the general anger of the public in relation to GT4's delays, don't you think it would be wise for PD to put a little more effort into making a speedy release?

At one point in time I was all about PD. Over time I became more willing to try other games.
At this point in time, if PD doesn't deliver a true FM2 beater then I'm going to buy a 360. GT5 is the only thing I am buying a PS3 for and if GT5 isn't everything we all hope for then I am keeping it in America with the 360.

Sorry but my patience and devotion for a game and game system just aren't up to par with patience and devotion for my other passions (such as women :drool: ). :lol:

They can easily make a fantasy stock car like rFactor did HERE.
PD already made a fantasy Formula 1 car for GT4, so I see no reason why they couldn't, but I'll still be surprised if they do.

And why all the hate on Daytona? One of the most famous tracks in the world with a 2.5 mile oval that will be great for 16 player online races and a 3.2 mile 24 hour road course. What's not to like about Daytona?!?!
Speaking for myself, I never said I hate Daytona, only that it doesn't excite me and that I'd prefer a course with both right and left turns... but that's where I jumped the gun.

I wasn't even thinking about the Daytona road course, and of course the 24hr race on the road course, so naturally as a huge fan of endurance races, now that it appears there is a high probability this will be included in GT5:P then I am extremely excited to see it included! 👍👍

I think the demo we'll get on october will be the one we saw at the Games convention. To the fact that Daytona is the fifth track made me disapointed, i had prefer to see Spa or the HTT Tracks... hope we'll have both in GT5

So let me get this straight, theyre releasing a demo of gt5:P in oct? So a demo of a demo? Thats gay..
You may want to reconsider your word choices, but no, what's foolish is thinking GT5:P was like all other demos and not like GT4:P. Yes, GT5 will obviously be bigger than GT5:P, but like GT4:P they are both far more than just a short free demo.

Although I'm glad to see Daytona get onto the list of tracks, I'm seriously disappointed with PD. :(
Pushing back GT5P to december and only releasing a demo in Oct. ?
This is getting old quickly and my will to hold-out is not going to hold if PD continues these foolish moves. After the general anger of the public in relation to GT4's delays, don't you think it would be wise for PD to put a little more effort into making a speedy release?
You make it sound like PD is just taking their time for the fun of it. Could it also be that they want this game out as quickly as possible just like you, but also don’t want to release it with a lot of glitches? After all, this is hardly the first time any game on any platform, let alone a GT game has been delayed.

GT5 is the only thing I am buying a PS3 for and if GT5 isn't everything we all hope for then I am keeping it in America with the 360.
Why? Because all the 360 games you want are everything we all hope for? Seriously, no game is ever going to meet everyone's expectations, especially with a game with as much fan hype as GT. If you really feel that way you might be best served not buying any consoles or games and sticking with things you can be patient over and have less high expectation for, like your patience and devotion for women. :)

So if Daytona is in then does that mean we will have Nascar cars aswell??? Because it would be nice to race the cars designed for that very track...

Is the GTR with black covers on it in the game like that because the final look has not been revealed?? I dont get that? Great that its in a demo though!

So basically theres the GT5P demo for free soon and then the real GT5P comming in december...

Great that there is some new news, cant wait to see real screen caps of Daytona!

If PD is going to put Las Vegas in again please make it properly playable this time!!!

Robin

To quote IGN:

The demo will be available in Japan on 10/20. It will include the GT-R car and and the Suzuka Circuit...

...Unfortunately, Prologue will initially have some limitations to its online mode. On launch day, the game will support Arcade Free Battle mode only, where your opponents are chosen at random. Chat and friend list functionality will be added to the game via download at a later date. Yamauchi was unwilling to give a specific date.

Introducing the next Gran Turismo endurance race…The 24 hours of Daytona! Now if they are creating the Prototype cars for this game I would be happy! A new class of cars would be a welcome addition.

I wouldn't mind that either and if they have multi-class racing, that'll be worth while. I'm just waiting for Sebring and Indianpolis now, though I'm not gonna have false expectations though.

And of course I can't let this part go, but that track holds the single biggest AMA Motorcycle race of the year also. Hummmm....TT2 anyone?! :dopey:
I'm for that.

Back