Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
All I gotta say about those screenshots is GT5 needs to have that track... if it's what I think it is...

To me it looks like...
1) Straight before Parabolica?
2) 1st Variante'
3) Either mid Curve' Grande' or exit of Parabolica?
4) Possibly exit of 2nd Variante' looking towards Lesmo 1?
5) Lesmo 1 reverse angle?
6) Parabolica entry/early exit?

Of course the backgrounds are nowhere near close from what I remember when I went there in 2001, walked around and saw as much as I could of the track though... :D

GT5 Prologue Video 3 is up on the HK and Japanese store, while it has today's date on it most of the content is the same as the second GT5 Prologue video.

It has around about 40 - 50 seconds of what looks like photomode locations (the German square with the SL55 and Alfa, etc) and garage views for Lotus, Dodge, Ferrari, etc.

Nothing particularly new, but just thought I would let you guys know.

Regards

Scaff

Edited to add - just watched 2 and 3 back to back and one thing that has changed is that the overhead shot which showed the dodgy flat trees from the second video (at 1min 25sec) has been edited out, guess PD got stung by the criticism of that particular bit.

http://games.fok.nl/news.php?newsid=20395

Looks like the pricing has been revealed – 45 Euros. Which assuming my translator is right, puts it at £30 and $60 for retail.

babel-fish comes up with a wonderful translation (as always)...

During a pers-bijeenkomst which today Sony became are kept it has been confessed which richtprijs one has Prologue in ideas for Gran Turismo 5. The price is certain not yet, however, is certain that the game will be not free. For the BluRay editie of the game, which in the regular shops buy will be, zul must pay you around the 45 euro. For Psn-editie one has determined price still no, but the expectation is that those will catch price strongly lower from.

...but even from that it would seem that they are guessing at a price rather than revealing one.

Regards

Scaff

I originally thought that it sounds way too expensive, but now I think about it, it's not really that much more that GT4 Prologue was... £25/$50, and that was a PS2 title... and given the immense length of time GT4 proper took to come out, it turned out to be money well spent.

This might explain the Amazon pre-order thing too, since they've got it down as $59.99, which would agree with this report...

http://games.fok.nl/news.php?newsid=20395

Looks like the pricing has been revealed – 45 Euros. Which assuming my translator is right, puts it at £30 and $60 for retail.
babel-fish comes up with a wonderful translation (as always)...*snip*...but even from that it would seem that they are guessing at a price rather than revealing one.
As expected the price is confirmed to be just speculation:

GT5 Prologue Price Rumors "Categorically Incorrect"
Internet rumours fail again as Sony UK says demo won't cost 45 Euros.
Published on September 12, 2007 by Rob Burman, IGN UK
SCEE has quashed internet rumours suggesting that the Blu-ray version of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will cost 45 Euros when it launches in Europe later this year. According to Sony, these reports are "categorically incorrect", with no decisions regarding price currently made.

Originally, various internet sources had claimed that price news had been announced by Sony Computer Entertainment Benelux (covering Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg) during a press event.

However, while a Sony UK spokesperson did reiterate that Prologue won't be be free - unlike the previous demo - they confirmed that a price point for both Blu-ray and PlayStation Network versions of the game are "still all to be agreed".

thats very good information and it's actually good to know it won't be free like GTHD and we can expect a fair amount of replay value compared to GTHD

I think PD had to be much more concrete in details about game, release, features and even prices in their press releases. This way they only support gossip, which creates excessive expectations and useless anger. And while there are aspects that even they themselves don't know, it's fair to just say "We don't know."

Well, after all these years we know Sony and PD by now. Just don't take anything for granted until you've read a review of a final product. I'm immune for these rumours.

If online already works in Prologue, it will sure be worth it's money. Otherwise it will be something for the diehards :dopey:

Well, after all these years we know Sony and PD by now. Just don't take anything for granted until you've read a review of a final product. I'm immune for these rumours.
And for that matter, considering all the questionable previews & reviews of games and the accuracy (or lack there of) of those "previews/reviews", that seem to be poping up everywhere lately, perhaps it's a good idea not to take anything for granted.

Im glad that pricing is only a rumour because there is no way im paying 30 quid for a demo only about 10-15 more and you would get the full blown game with like 80% more content!

15-22 max for me I think.. I like GT but not to the point where its nearly the same as full retail!

Robin

guys this weekend (20th) the tokyo game show will take a place at japan, and the gran turismo website (japanese one) saying somthing about GT5P, dont know what is it but what i think about is the exhibition gonna start or the opening will start with GT5P (showing the the game @ first day i think) .

So for now lets plz stop argueing about the game price and region releases, and hope for a some promising new info and details about the game . and thats what i think what we'll get cuz those shows that takes places in japan are always the best . always showing new & good stuff

good news, even if i'll still prefer to drive with a wheel, but other games it's cool.

Same here, I drove with the controller 1 day when I got GT4, the next day I got a wheel & never looked back.

Daytona confirmed to be a GT5 Prologue track, demo is coming out October 20th in Japan.

Jonnyram at NeoGAF
GT5 Prologue
- release Dec 13
- demo version from Oct 20
- mysterious disguised GT-R will be driveable in the demo version
- first time Daytona has been in the GT games
- watch car info programmes from around the world on GT.TV
- use points you gain from offline events in the final product to buy fascinating cars

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7881011&postcount=53

Daytona-500.jpg

www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7881011&postcount=53
- demo version from Oct 20
Whoo hoo, a demo of a demo! Just kidding, while I don't think it's neccesary, it will be a nice bonus for those who are not interested in GT5:P, but are waiting instead to get GT5 hopefully before the end of next year.

For me personally, I can't wait to get my hands on GT5:P, but having Daytona among the possible tracks doesn't excite me much. I'd much rather have interesting real world tracks that have both right and left turns. ;)

Thanks for the info though. 👍

Whoo hoo, a demo of a demo! Just kidding, while I don't think it's neccesary, it will be a nice bonus for those who are not interested in GT5:P, but are waiting instead to get GT5 hopefully before the end of next year.

For me personally, I can't wait to get my hands on GT5:P, but having Daytona among the possible tracks doesn't excite me much. I'd much rather have interesting real world tracks that have both right and left turns. ;)

Thanks for the info though. 👍

I agree, and with all due respect to NASCAR and the fans, and I do respect racing in any form, but making left-hand turns all day around an oval track is not my idea of a fun track. However, I'm glad that PD is reaching out.

ERacer

The oval at Daytona doesn't do much for me, I would like to see the road course though!

Back