Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
We shouldn't have to deal with foreign purchases of GT.

Do we even know, for certain, if the on-line version is more than just another demo?

Cheers,

MasterGT

Read it again, there are possible options not involving a foreign purchase... as have been for many years.

Do we even know, for certain, if the on-line version is more than just another demo?
No we don't... that's also why many are suggesting to not get so bent out of shape and worrying about something that not only isn't out yet, but no final decision has been announced.

You honestly are coming off as someone just looking to find anything to complain about and to lay blame on anyone who feels isn't doing enough to give you exactly what you want.

I think you'll be better served waiting for the game to be released, or at least until a direct from the source official announcement is made, and use that time to concentrate your efforts in understanding how, in case it doesn't get an official NA release, how you might be able to acquire it. There are possible solutions, but you don't seem like you'll be happy unless it is exactly what you want. If that is the case, I feel you're setting yourself up for a lot of disappoints, and not just about this game.

Fortunately, I am not the only one who feels things can and should be handled differently, otherwise I'd call the white coats myself. :)

Cheers,

MasterGT

Man, Master GT acts as if polophony owes him explinations for evrything, they don't. deal with it.

You wan't to know more info? we all do, they obviously don't have anything new to release or they would've said so allready. just wait.

Cheers,
MasterGT

I don't understand why people feel entitled to get GT5p, It's Poly's game & they can release it anywhere they damn well please!
Yes I want it too & if they don't release it here I will try to find a way to get it but I won't whine about it.

No one is entitled to get everything they want, when they want it, no matter what!
It all started when they let everyone play in the ball game even if they sucked & everyone got a trophy no matter where they finished.
What happens happens, we'll deal with it then, right now all this thread has become is a bunch of moaning & crying over something not a single one of you knows if it'll even happen!
Now can we please get this thread back to finding new info?
rant.gif

Shouldn't have to dealt with foreign purchases of GT? What is this? What, a class on foreign policy? I still believe this is North America's (not just America) best chance to play this title. This will keep people occupied about GT. Unless you want us to play GTHD with 10 cars and one track. I'm not furious about no North American version, but at least offer this at kiosks at electronics stores and electronics sections of stores. I'd love to play this here in Houston just as much as anyone else around the world wherever the gamers in question may live. The deal I've normally heard is that PD doesn't want to mix up the American market with a non-major GT title. It's why we didn't get GT Concept or the previous GT Prologue. Best thing I can hope for is that we get to have some sort of first look in North America of this title. Will it happen? We'll see in a few months.

Shouldn't have to dealt with foreign purchases of GT? What is this? What, a class on foreign policy? I still believe this is North America's (not just America) best chance to play this title. This will keep people occupied about GT. Unless you want us to play GTHD with 10 cars and one track. I'm not furious about no North American version, but at least offer this at kiosks at electronics stores and electronics sections of stores. I'd love to play this here in Houston just as much as anyone else around the world wherever the gamers in question may live. The deal I've normally heard is that PD doesn't want to mix up the American market with a non-major GT title. It's why we didn't get GT Concept or the previous GT Prologue. Best thing I can hope for is that we get to have some sort of first look in North America of this title. Will it happen? We'll see in a few months.

That is surely a lame excuse for an excuse! The other excuse I´ve heard is that the US market is too small for them to care about, and that is equally dumb!
But let´s say the US market is really small. Wouldn´t it be a great idea to release GT5:P to possibly get more GT5 sales then?

I don't understand why people feel entitled to get GT5p, It's Poly's game & they can release it anywhere they damn well please!
Yes I want it too & if they don't release it here I will try to find a way to get it but I won't whine about it.

No one is entitled to get everything they want, when they want it, no matter what!
It all started when they let everyone play in the ball game even if they sucked & everyone got a trophy no matter where they finished.
What happens happens, we'll deal with it then, right now all this thread has become is a bunch of moaning & crying over something not a single one of you knows if it'll even happen!
Now can we please get this thread back to finding new info?
rant.gif

:cheers:👍

I wouldn't be bitching if SCEA made the decision based on solid logic, and not the same flawed reasoning that led to smaller sales of GT4 than the previous games and the unsound interpretation that the NA market is too stupid to understand a pre-release.

It gets very tiring and frustrating living in the US because everything is dumbed down to be accessable to even the dullest of our citizenry. So much here is a slap in the face to anyone with half a brain-just watch any American news broadcast and it becomes painfully obvious-that it doesn't take much for the frustration to boil over. The GT series has been a bright spot for those of us looking for a little more. It's one thing not to get the game because the market is too small, but too stupid? Come on.

Put a couple good commercials for GT5/P on US television in appropriate markets and you'd generate plenty of interest from folks who don't even know the game exists. SCEA does zero marketing here beyond in-store displays and using gamer conventions and websites to spread info. That stuff is just preaching to the choir.

They really don't try, at all, and then they say there isn't any interest. BS.

I wouldn't be bitching if SCEA made the decision based on solid logic.
But the point many people are trying to get through is that they haven't even made "the decision" - so why even bitch now, as you would just be bitching over rumor and speculation.

And again, access to games from all over the world has never been more easy than it is today, so one must also wonder why even bitch over rumor and speculation on something that even IF it came true, there are other possible and very reasonable solutions.

PS: Cute "Location" you have there... how do you like mine? ;)

So other than bitching and complaining over rumor and speculation... anyone have some real news on GT5:P they would like to share? :)

I see no reason why they would not put in US PSN store. So do all of you guys want it as bluray or what is this shenanigans? And even if it is not in US PSN, how hard can it be to log in with EU/ASIAN account.(just like we haven't created "false" accounts previously)

They did make a decision. They announced release everywhere but here.

To clarify my earlier post: I'm complaining less about not getting the game and more about the general mentality that would cause it to go unrealeased here. I know I can get it with a bit of effort through other channels.

Is it so hard to understand disagreement on principle?

MasterGT, thanks for the link.

If it's not going to be on the US PSN I just couldn't fathom it. You pay a programmer a days' salary to upload the game/demo/whatever and type a description, then a price, done!
No worry about supply and demand for discs that could never be sold! How simple could it be?

You guys are right that we shouldn't be bitching until it's confirmed that it won't be released here, but this is such a defeatist attitude. If you want it released here you have to try to get their attention now while it's fresh in their minds! If you only complain after, they'll just do it a THIRD time as well! Sure they responded to the GT HD outrage, but only because they thought we would be confused by having to download and pay for game content. To make them understand that we won't be confused by Prologue, we have to tell them at least!

I for one thinks that many of you guys need to relax. Thye haven't announced the US date as yet, so what. I've seen this happen to many games, they'll release info on a game for some regions and not the other. But when it's all sorted out, they give a solid date for all regions. Go outside and grab a cup of over-priced starbucks java.

2Laps @Suzuka with the Audi R8. Driven by my self with Pad an no driving aids.

Thanks for the vid 👍 GT5P is looking fine. I must say that i was more than a little disapointed to see that collisions with other cars (like your coming together with the white Merc at the hairpin) still result in an unrealistic reaction from the hit car. The speed and angle of the collision should have resulted in the white Merc's rear end hanging right out and possibly spinning it. In the vid it barely moved off line 👎

I might also add that the A.I. are still blissfully unaware of your existance on the race track 👎

Thanks for the vid 👍 GT5P is looking fine. I must say that i was more than a little disapointed to see that collisions with other cars (like your coming together with the white Merc at the hairpin) still result in an unrealistic reaction from the hit car. The speed and angle of the collision should have resulted in the white Merc's rear end hanging right out and possibly spinning it. In the vid it barely moved off line 👎

I might also add that the A.I. are still blissfully unaware of your existance on the race track 👎

This isn't the build that we'll get to play as Prologue. If you hadn't noticed it's the same build from E3, the rear view and side mirrors still are not functional, so stop whining. This obviously is meant to be more for showcasing what they have in store. Many things seem different especially the physics, seems like that is more arcade oriented. Unless that R8 has some AWD system like the Lancer Evo, then it's not the professional mode that Kaz stated it is. Professional is supposed to be based on individual vehicle dynamics, the other mode is more dumbed down for the hop in and play crowd.

i didn´t had really problems with the R8. IMHO the Cars in FM2 are more difficult to drive! Sadly i had not the time to drive the cars like i would have done.
Let´s see what PD shows us at TGS.
relio

Unless that R8 has some AWD system like the Lancer Evo

R8 is AWD but it is simpler design. After couple of laps rear tires will be starting to lose grip and R8 starts to oversteer.(oversteer is easy to solve though)
So unlike evo there should not be too much "zero-countersteer" :)
It's still to be seen if game models this or not.

Back