GTP Member's cars directory. What do you drive?

• Thread starter Avenger803
  • 4,035 comments

Do you like your car?

• My car is the best, much better than anyone else's!

Votes: 476 34.8%
  • Yep, it always starts, doesn't cost much, and I like it.

Votes: 564 41.3%
  • Well, it's kinda rusting, driving is kinda scary at times,doesn't look too good.

Votes: 68 5.0%
  • It's in the junkyard, or will be soon.

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • Car? what car?

Votes: 245 17.9%

• Total voters
It's been a while since I posted in here. Well anyways as some of you may know I'm going to University so I had to sell the SVT, theres no way in hell I could afford it's enormous appetite for gas, and pay for school at the same time. So I ended up selling it for a loss of about $5-7k.

So a few weeks ago I bought myself a 2002 BMW 325ci, it's a 5-speed manual (auto = blah, unless its a SMG of course :P) and it's got the Sport package, Xenon headlights and all the goodies you expect from a BMW. So far I haven't found any gripes with the car, the transmission is flawless, and its pretty good on gas.

The car came with the wheels in the pictures and stock wheels. I sold the aftermarket ones and it's currently on the stock wheels. Not for long though, as I've got a set of 18" E46 M3 rims on the way. ;)

I was actually very close to buying black on black 1999 BMW M3 Coupe with only 110k. Mainly because those are quite rare up here, and afterall its a M3! But I opted for the E46, mainly because it was definitely a more comfortable car to be in, driving wise it wasn't as "fast", but I had enough of power and speed in my previous cars.

(Photos were taken with Canon EOS 20D for you photographers.)

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 29
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 38
I used to have an 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera. Beig 16, and it being my very first car, I liked to constantly smash the pedal into the ground. it had decent acceleration. the engine was a 3.3 L V6 with multiport fuel injection. it got 160 hp (Pathetic) and it got 16 mpg (VERY pathetic mpg considering it had a pathetic 160 ponies). It had an 4 speed automatic transmission. It was very comfy inside, and I tested the handling characteristics in an empty parking lot. Seemed to understeer a bit. It was a fun car. Then in the latter part of May, i started having tranny problems. It wouldn't shift until the engine got to the redline. Then on May 27th, 2008, as i was pulling into my schools parking lot, the tranny suddenly went out completely. It's REALLY embarrasing when you have to push your car into a parking spot in front of all your friends.

I had it towed to the auto salvage yard, and got $159 out of it. She's long gone, and a 1998 Chevrolet Lumina has taken its place.

This guy's got a 3.8 L Engine in it. This thing can haul ass faster than anything i've driven before. it can actually peel out, unlike my moms Ford Taurus or both of my dads old chevy trucks.

what car do you have sitting in your driveway? Would you like to see it on GT3?

Currently I have a rather uncommon (unless you're from japan) 2003 Honda Stream.

1.7l
125bhp
7 seats

Very sporty people carrier. Wish the new 2.2 iCDTI was on import, but sadly it is not...

I would like to see the 2.0 (type R engine) on GT Series. Mine (2001-> model) and the new one.

Also have a Datsun 1200, a Honda Hornet 600 and my wife brought her Citroen Dyane Nazare to the mix :-)

Last edited:
Interesting car, the Stream is one of the very, very few MPVs I actually like. They actually look quite nice, so good choice 👍

I still drive my 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX STi, but my dad got his brand new car today :

Subaru Legacy 2.5 R ( 175 PS ) in Satin White pearl, runs with gasoline or gas (LPG) [ LPG costs about 69 EUR cent per litre, whereas Super gasoline costs 1,60 EUR ]

AT
fully equipped ( leather seats, cd changer, bluetooth, bi-xenon etc etc, no navigation system though )

Really a nice car,the engine runs smoothly , really a silent and comfortable ride; the suspension is not too soft though, so you still have that feeling for the road you drive on. Nice car, although I liked the Civic Type R he had before ( in combination with a Mercedes E-class; we sold the E-class last winter and driving the hard and loud Civic alone really annoyed my father after a short time ( MD, almost 60 years old )... so we sold it and got this one instead - nice and reliable car.

Last edited:

That is a nice looking car the new one. I expect they aren't selling it in Europe because the original was never really a big hit. Not really a market for a "people carrier GTi", though ironically that's exactly what we get now with the Zafira OPC/VXR and the Ford S-Max 2.5.

That is a nice looking car the new one. I expect they aren't selling it in Europe because the original was never really a big hit. Not really a market for a "people carrier GTi", though ironically that's exactly what we get now with the Zafira OPC/VXR and the Ford S-Max 2.5.

I think I read somewhere they were going to sell it in America. If so, at least the left side drive would be taken care of... it's a start.

021.jpg

My new car an alfa 146 1.6 twin spark, which gets 120hp which is pretty good for the size. Paid £1400 for it with 22ish k on the clock which is rare, think i got a good deal. It loves to rev and im certainly enjoying it so far!

021.jpg

My new car an alfa 146 1.6 twin spark, which gets 120hp which is pretty good for the size. Paid £1400 for it with 22ish k on the clock which is rare, think i got a good deal. It loves to rev and im certainly enjoying it so far!

Alfas are cool, a 1.6L isn't as cool.:sly:

I just love this "my soda is bigger than your engine" type of fanboy. Amazingly cute.

+1. People miss out on so many great cars because they're too narrow minded to appreciate smaller ones or those with smaller engines.

Oh dear, another one who thinks I'm biased. Get to know me before throwing accusations. BTW, a 1.6L in a sedan will never be that fast without loads of work.

Last edited:
Depends on how you define fast. And whether it's "fast" or not, the 1.6 twin spark is still a very good engine and that model moves along nicely. Personally I wouldn't call 0-60 in around ten seconds and over 120mph "slow".

And if you read what I said carefully, it was just a statement - I didn't actually accuse you of being biased. But now you mention it, comments like the one you made do rather put you up for accusation because they're a little ignorant.

Depends on how you define fast. And whether it's "fast" or not, the 1.6 twin spark is still a very good engine and that model moves along nicely. Personally I wouldn't call 0-60 in around ten seconds and over 120mph "slow".

And if you read what I said carefully, it was just a statement - I didn't actually accuse you of being biased. But now you mention it, comments like the one you made do rather put you up for accusation because they're a little ignorant.

I woud call 0-60 in 10sec a bit slow. My Ute is a couple seconds faster (something like 7sec) and still isn't that fast. Enough to get in trouble, sure. And if you read my post carefully, you'll see the ":sly:" smilie in there, implying that I was just having a bit of a laugh with him.

And how does it corner? :P
Low weight is the key. My car does 0-60 in about the same (10-ish), it's got 90 bhp (nothing at all). A friend of mine's car does 0-60 in about 7 secs yeah, with an engine size of 993cc. These cars also feel much faster than they really are.

I woud call 0-60 in 10sec a bit slow

If it's enough to keep pace with modern traffic then it isn't slow, IMO. Fair enough, it isn't necessarily quick either, but then people's expectations of speed are skewed by the fact that such a vast number of modern cars are so quick. It's why my Fiesta (60bhp, 13 seconds to 60 and only just does 100mph) is constantly being tailgated at 85mph on the motorway by school-run mums in Vauxhall Zafiras.

I guess speed isn't that important to me anyway. I live in Yorkshire, surrounded by beautiful, twisty country roads, so for me, balance, steering feel, lightness and fun are all more important than having loads of power. 👍

It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it. Which is why when I was in the States my rental PT Cruiser was able to keep up with a guy in an Audi S4 cabrio on Route 1, despite his best efforts... :sly:

Guys... different geography, different roads, different traditions.

We (Europeans) traditionally have and prefer fast but fuel efficient, and good handling cars.

nd 4 holden spd
lives where a normal engine is something like a 6 cylinder 2.2l 160bhp and loads of grunt to cruise 100miles in a straight line in comfort. Not a nimble 1.4l 100bhp like it is here. And I don't think he was making fun... just kind of "gloating" about his luck to have easy access to big engines.

Thanks people! Woah i started something here :P, wouldnt have minded getting a larger engine but being 19 its pretty bad on insurance as it is. Its not a big car either weighs less than 1200kg plus the handling is good anyway which i find more important, its plenty fast enough for where i live (for now anyway ;)).

Last edited:
He can gloat all he likes, I wouldn't trade our quick, nimble, light and fuel efficient cars for anything :sly:

I think it was a personal opinion thing, and came off as a bit arrogant. I've been seeing how n4hs posts, and I'm fairly sure he didn't mean to put the Alfa down in any way, he just has some sort of bias for larger capacity engines.

Each to their own, I'd much, much rather drive a slow 1.6 Alfa than be caught dead driving an old v6 Commodore ute, but I appreciate that he likes the things, and that's all there is to it.

I concur about the handling thing 100% though, I'd much rather have a slow, nimble car that can carve corners than a massively powerful boat that can't turn. The fact that I have a fairly decent mix of both is a bonus.

Back