GTP Member's cars directory. What do you drive?

• Thread starter Avenger803
  • 4,035 comments

Do you like your car?

• My car is the best, much better than anyone else's!

Votes: 476 34.8%
  • Yep, it always starts, doesn't cost much, and I like it.

Votes: 564 41.3%
  • Well, it's kinda rusting, driving is kinda scary at times,doesn't look too good.

Votes: 68 5.0%
  • It's in the junkyard, or will be soon.

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • Car? what car?

Votes: 245 17.9%

• Total voters
So you're telling me there's one of those wagons in Australasia without the bug eye front and/or 12A bridgeport brapping about annoying everyone within a one mile radius?

Wow.

2002 Focus SVT
1989 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 400 hp Cobra motor

Attachments

• svtsm.jpg
    svtsm.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 22
  • mix1 001sm.jpg
    mix1 001sm.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 28
MVC-103X.jpg

MVC-119X.jpg

MVC-122X.jpg

Yes, finally more pics of the Vega.

Now then... Should I try to convince my old man to let me spend the countless hours of work and large amounts of money to get the underbody back in useable shape, or should I try to offload it? It does have all the trim and a pair of fresh GM Genuine doorskins that can go with it.

Of course, if it's going to get fixed, it will have a Buick 3800 under the hood with either a 700-R4/4L60 or a 5-speed behind it.

Ah hell, I'll offload it.

EDIT: In fact, it may be gone very soon.

EDIT 2: It's gone.

minidatsun1om3.jpg

minidatsun2mv9.jpg

minidatsun3py7.jpg

minidatsun4hg9.jpg

The new "old" car. 1969 Datsun 1600 :D

Has such wonderous features as twin carbs (possibly off a SSS), a dogleg 5 speed from a 180B (with almost dog-box-like whine) and front struts and discs from a 240K.
Plans at this stage are a decent service, and quickly. Then fix the average condition brakes, replace the noisy wheel bearing, source a new set of body seals as the boot seal is rubbish and some of the door seals are on their way out. I just want to get it running nicely before doing anything further.
The paint job is nothing special and there are a few rust bubbles appearing (nothing you wouldn't expect on a 40 year old car though) so in the future that will be an area to focus on. But nothing which requires immediate attention.
Also, I am not particularly enthused of the wheels so if something better (e.g Volk meshes, or something suitably period) comes along they may well be fitted.

That a cool looking car dude.

There's a guy around here with a primered car that looks like that in the front but is a two door and i think the rear end is slightly different. Cool little cars tho.

You don't believe someone in Europe drives a Vectra or a diesel Astra van? Or that someone drives a Corolla? Hardly ludicrous claims are they.

A Corolla GTS is a cult classic, and a Vectra GTS looks pretty rare, even if not very good. But the real reason is just to see how good their's is. We all like looking rather than listening.;)

The Audis look great, I'm always surprised when I see one, they really don't look as old as they are, the design is surviving well. The 80 is a great looking saloon still.

The Audis look great, I'm always surprised when I see one, they really don't look as old as they are, the design is surviving well. The 80 is a great looking saloon still.

cheers HFS, I've had the saloon for 8 years, and I just love it. It's not as clean and shiny as that pic, but a refurb is coming to make it look like this

Five_stud_hubs_done.sized.jpg

My truck is the best! It's a 1995 Ford F-150 XLT, with the 5.8L 351 Windsor V8. Regular cab, long bed, 2 wheel drive. It weighs just over 4,000lbs (can't think of the exact gross). It's got more than 175,000 miles on it and still runs like a ****'in top! In fact, it'll whoop up on those Tundras.

Hopefully I'll keep the truck because it's proven to be such a benefit for not just me, but for the entire family. I'm look'in to get something a little more ballsier and easier on the gas. If everything pans out well, hopefully I'll get that SRT-4.

cheers HFS, I've had the saloon for 8 years, and I just love it. It's not as clean and shiny as that pic, but a refurb is coming to make it look like this

The RS2 wheels on that car look brilliant... or are they even Porsche Cup wheels (actually, I think the RS2 used Cup wheels so it could be both). Ahhhh I've been thinking of replacing my car with an 80, and had just about dropped the idea but now you've tempted me back, damn you!

Those older Audis like the 80 and Coupe look brilliant with some of the newer Audi or VW wheels too, I think the ones on this coupe I found on the net are from the Audi A8 or R8?

800px-Audi_Coupe_front_20071007.jpg

What are the performance/economy/general costs like for the diesel 80 and V6 Coupe? How do they handle?

TBH, the diesel always felt more like a sports car to me - it's lowered, which my coupe isn't, but it just seems more 'taut' to me. The V6 is lovely, and very quick - long, effortless waves of torque - but with current UK fuel prices, can you live with an average 25mpg? The diesel does twice that, and good for 135mph too, so it's no slouch :)

I'd recommend a Quattro (which neither of mine are unfortunately), as the traction on them is just stunning - watch a mid-90's Audi 90 toast a Hummer here --> http://youtube.com/watch?v=R6ecBUjlx5A

btw - those wheels on that pic will be replicas, as the A8 ones would be 5-stud, but that car will be 4-stud hubs 👍 easy enough to get hold of, and there are loads of other options as they are the same fitting as Ford and Peugeot, among others. Correct about the RS2, it had a Porsche-fettled engine, Porsche wheels and brakes. That pic with the cup wheels is a diesel, he did it to be an RS2 saloon replica

Hi!

Bought myself a BMW E46 325i with only 22.500 kms on it :sly:

Here it is:

And that was the car I drove before I bought the 325i:
(On the pictures with winter tires on steel wheels)

Greetings

the Kutscher

Some updated pics of my freshly detailed 1998 240SX, wash & claybar, then applied the following by PC polisher:
- Meguiar's #80 Speed Glaze
- Meguiar's NXT 2.0
- Meguiar's #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Paste Wax

parkadeez8.jpg

It's a factory colour, Cobalt Green Pearl:
metalliclr1.jpg

goldenxc1.jpg

reflectrg8.jpg

rearsr8.jpg

I'm a card-carrying Autopian, feel free to hit me up with any detailing Q's by PM or start a new thread or something...

photo-46775.jpg
(I had to take it off my account at that forum because Imageshack and Photobucket both want to act like crap with my dialup..)

So I was fortunate enough finally to get a pic of the beloved ’95 Scoupe. Got some research on it done (mine has no factory documentation other than previous owner's.) and it turns out mine is a badgeless LS, not the turbo-less GT I (might) have aforementioned. The 1.5 rips very well and returns from 35-40 mpg without any problems whatsoever. Fully plan on getting the rust fixed and a nice repaint to the same colour.

As far as any modifications are concerned, I benefiet from a K&N Cone filter, Ram-Air style installation, and a Holley Glasspak with a 3.5" tip, and KYB Gas-A-Just shocks all the way around on the Independant Rear Suspention. Also it runs well due to a shedload of new parts like the O2 sensor, PCV valve, and other essentials. The picture isn't exactly recent as it now has the hubcaps removed also. The hood is not carbon, but we painted it to look extremely close using a mesh laundry bag. Sounds ghetto, looks great. ;)

Plans: Small turbo, prolly convert it to a Scoupe GT with the factory Garret T-15. If I can find one.

And there's some serious nice rides in here!

Cheers,
Jetboy

Back