[Gran Turismo 5 @ TGS 2009] (SEE POST1!: New vids. Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 4,244 comments
31696ar.gif

zmobo3.gif

Indeed 👍

Skidmarks in GT5 confirmed!!! Only on the car instead of the road!!:lol:

guys on that new sls vid we have a scrach/dirt on the hood !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look from 1:42!!!!!!!!!

Front bumper got it too !

Yup, I finally saw it. Dirt or scratch it seems. Still looking for the bumper one though.

It's not body deformation though. :(

Also notice the fluid paddle shifting animations in the SLS, more fluid than the F458 animations.

Probably because the paddles are on the wheel in the SLS but on the steering column on the F458.

Jay
Also notice the fluid paddle shifting animations in the SLS, more fluid than the F458 animations.

Probably because the paddles are on the wheel in the SLS but on the steering column on the F458.

Good call 👍

Honestly, I think everyone's gonna be so happy after March wait...

the paddle shifting animation might be a lil too dramatic. I dont think he needs to lift his thumb off the wheel to reach the paddles.

So, there is only 10 cars in the demo.
Maybe they have sacrificed some of the 16 cars from prologue to be able to run the dded details and maybe make room for further effects (Weather, day/night etc.). A 10 car grid wouldn't be too bad if they added alot of other stuff

Maybe they have sacrificed some of the 16 cars from prologue to be able to run the dded details and maybe make room for further effects (Weather, day/night etc.). A 10 car grid wouldn't be too bad if they added alot of other stuff

But don't different tracks have different numbers anyway? Like HSR being 12 or Daytona being 16.

I wonder why everyone has to wear headphones on whilst playing the game - be nice to think they have improved the sounds but its probably so you can hear your self think on the stage instead of a load of different games blasting out at once.

I wonder why everyone has to wear headphones on whilst playing the game - be nice to think they have improved the sounds but its probably so you can hear your self think on the stage instead of a load of different games blasting out at once.

Lets hope so !

No excuses for a 10 car grid unless they're racing in a monsoon at night. Tokyo R246 is a 3 mile long track. In the new Mercedes video you could see 13+ cars on track at Daytona. I sincerely hope PD did not sacrifice car count for bouncing tires and cones.

So far, Gamescon > TGS

No there isn't, in the clip straight after the SLS is in the tunnel of the pack racing around an oval I counted 13 cars.

I don't know how to do a screenshot but I defo counted 13.

10 is still a lot...

You've GOT to be kidding! For short races, sure, 10 is enough. For longer races with pitstops, even 16 is at the lower end for proper races on your usual race-track. The only exemption where a lower car count is acceptable in my opinion, is when tracks are too short or too tight. Tokyo is certainly not one of them.

I just hope they went on the safe side with the 10 cars to show the best possible graphics performance, because in 3 minutes you really don't need more cars on the track.

You've GOT to be kidding! For short races, sure, 10 is enough. For longer races with pitstops, even 16 is at the lower end for proper races on your usual race-track. The only exemption where a lower car count is acceptable in my opinion, is when tracks are too short or too tight. Tokyo is certainly not one of them.

I just hope they went on the safe side with the 10 cars to show the best possible graphics performance, because in 3 minutes you really don't need more cars on the track.

10 cars, all in close proximity, on the ring for instance is going to be kinda tight (its real narrow). If its 10 I'm not going to be annoyed or anything, but youre right 16 would be way more attractive.

Back